[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 574 KB, 2048x1886, bun1675457273489387.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10835237 No.10835237 [Reply] [Original]

What substyle do you wear and how many main pieces do you own?

Do you think your wardrobe is too small/too big/just right?

What is your goal for your wardrobe (if you have one)? Do you have a dream wardrobe?

>> No.10835245

>What substyle do you wear and how many main pieces do you own?
I have a bit of every substyle, but mainly old school and gothic. I have 27 main pieces.
>Do you think your wardrobe is too small/too big/just right?
Somehow too small and big at the same time? When I was starting out I hoarded blouses and jewelry, but now I'm realizing how picky I am with main pieces, so I almost never buy them. Also due to the multi-style scope of my wardrobe, I have lots of variety but usually only a few ways of coording each piece.
>What is your goal for your wardrobe (if you have one)? Do you have a dream wardrobe?
I'd love to be able to divide my closet into smaller capsule wardrobes, with solid basics and a limited color scheme. I'd like to focus on gothic more so narrowing down my sweet and classic collections to a few main pieces and a handful of versatile blouses/accessories would be great.

>> No.10835247

>>10835237
>What substyle do you wear

Old school sweet mostly but I do have some pieces that are old school classic, newer classic and old school gothic in my wardrobe.

>how many main pieces do you own?

I own 22 main pieces.

I think it's a small wardrobe although it's bigger than a true capsule wardrobe. I try to make up for the low number of main pieces by having a lot of blouses, accessories and shoes for extra coordination options. One of the best things about my wardrobe is how versatile it is, I can mix and match things because a lot of them go well together. However even within this small wardrobe there are some main pieces I hardly wear even though I like them so that's one of the reasons I don't allow myself to buy more pieces right now. I would love to buy more in the future after I feel I have done all of my current pieces justice.

>What is your goal for your wardrobe (if you have one)? Do you have a dream wardrobe?

I would love to expand my wardrobe to be more versatile/accommodate to all seasons (need more coats) and to include more velveteen and tartan.

>> No.10835248

>>10835245
>I'd love to be able to divide my closet into smaller capsule wardrobes

This sounds like a good plan because it will make it easier to retain some oversight and that makes it easier to choose what to get.

>> No.10835253

>>10835245
>I'd love to be able to divide my closet into smaller capsule wardrobes, with solid basics and a limited color scheme
I'm working on doing the same but I find it hard to mix between very different styles. I have an expansive old school / sweet wardrobe but none of the coats, shoes, accessories are remotely interchangeable with my more modest gothic/classic wardrobe. How small do you plan to keep your capsule wardrobes? Maybe I just need to downsize both sides and focus on specific pieces.

>> No.10835254
File: 38 KB, 500x375, 3621D35E-4B63-4D85-8132-64E174726AB3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A couple of them, but I stick to gothic and classic the most
I have about 30 something main pieces

Do you think your wardrobe is too small/too big/just right?
It’s not too big but it definitely is disproportionate. I prioritize main pieces as opposed to other smaller but necessary items and it’s a habit I’m slowly breaking

What is your goal for your wardrobe (if you have one)? Do you have a dream wardrobe?
I want a more cohesive wardrobe, I’d like to sell off a couple cheaper and less important pieces I bought at the very beginning of my Lolita journey on impulse. I’d also like to expand into more substyles while maintaining that sense of cohesiveness. I’d also like to acquire rarer pieces and as many dream dresses as I can.
I also tend to keep accessories to a minimum because like I said I prioritize main pieces so I’d like to acquire more of those.
Any tips on balancing out your wardrobe in the sense of main pieces to other pieces/accessories ratio?

>> No.10835262

>>10835237

I mainly wear goth/classic and a lot of oldschool black +white and florals. But I do own a few sweet pieces. At the moment there is just over 150 main pieces if you count the couple of things in my sales pile.

When I say "150 main pieces" it sounds ridiculous and I feel embarrassed, but because of the layout of my wardrobe it only occupies a small area and doesn't *look* like a lot. But I think its way too big. Trying to move anywhere is gong to be a pain in the ass, especially if I try to move overseas.

My dream wardrobe would be something super cohesive where everything matches no matter what you take out, but I can't do that because I love too many different parts of lolita to restrict it heavily to one style. But I am very jealous of the goths where everything or mostly everything is black. Goals, I think I need more classic/ gothic jewellery. I hoard sweet jewellery cos its cute but don't have a lot of other jewellery. If I decide to move, another goal would be to make a capsule wardrobe of each substyle I have and try to keep under 20 pieces.

>> No.10835263
File: 38 KB, 500x500, 6f0_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10835262
>Trying to move anywhere is gong to be a pain in the ass, especially if I try to move overseas.

I only have about 60 main pieces and it was a pain in the ass to move them all when I had to move. Like I understand why some people would want a giant wardobe with many choices, especially if they're a daily lolita but having this many is kinda getting to me. They take up a lot of space and I don't wear lolita that often to justify having this much. I'd really like to have a smaller wardrobe but I'm low key having difficulty of letting go of some pieces because I get to attached. it's hell

>> No.10835265

>>10835248
this is basically what I do. By restricting accent colors and motifs, I get some overlap between the capsules as well. I also have a few special occasion dresses that I can only coord one way.

>> No.10835266

>>10835263
nayrt but I procrastinate selling some pieces I don't want anymore because selling is such a pain in the ass.

>> No.10835267
File: 142 KB, 1385x924, chart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10835253
I totally feel you on sweet being totally incompatible with the rest of my wardrobe. It's the style I wear the least, so I want to keep it pretty small. Maybe 5 main pieces that I really love and a few blouses. Since I tend to mainly like summery fruit prints I think it would be pretty easy to keep it cohesive and keep a small collection of jewelry and accessories that match. I'm a lot more lenient with my classic/gothic wardrobe size because I wear almost only black and the pieces are fairly interchangeable. I really value wardrobe cohesion but in a fashion as stylistically diverse as this one it's incredibly hard! I was super tempted by the Milky Planet MTO JSK in sax but I'd basically have to buy a whole new coord to wear with it lol
>>10835254
>Any tips on balancing out your wardrobe in the sense of main pieces to other pieces/accessories ratio?
she's not a lolita but the youtuber The Stitchess made this "wardrobe necessities" table that I found useful. I used this method and found some big holes in my wardrobe that I hadn't realized before and slowly filling it out has been pretty satisfying. It's also a reminder that no,I do not need a billionth pair of chunky black shoes, eliminating some redundant purchases lol

>> No.10835269

60+ main pieces. Mostly sweet (predominantly chocolate), with a little tiny bit of gothic and classic.

Too big. I have stuff I know I will never end up wearing because I keep rotating through pieces I love. I need to part with 20 - 30% of it. It's hard to store.

I wish that the other genres were better realized in my wardrobe and that I had more accessories in my less-represented colors so I could create more varied coords around my main pieces.

>> No.10835270

>>10835267
>I was super tempted by the Milky Planet MTO JSK in sax but I'd basically have to buy a whole new coord to wear with it lol
Same although I wanted the yellow.

>> No.10835271

>>10835267
>It's also a reminder that no,I do not need a billionth pair of chunky black shoes
this is my weakness as well, luckily I'm aware of it. Had to keep myself from buying more.

The stitchess has gotten some hate from the community but I still really like her videos most of the time.

>> No.10835272

>>10835266
Me too! LM has some of the flakiest buyers. At this point I might as well keep the pieces.

>> No.10835313

>>10835237
My wardrobe goal is to have multiple coord options for any occasion or weather. Right now I need more cutsews and simple pieces for casual coords, and I need (NEED) a raincoat that goes with lolita. As hilarious as wearing my black Nike one can look in full all-pink Sweet. (It's kind of uncomfortable too, as it's quite long but made for narrow outfit silhouettes so bunches up at my petticoat flare)

>> No.10835324

>>10835313
>lolita raincoat

Actually that’s a good idea, would help protect the brand better than just a parasol

>> No.10835334

> What substyle do you wear
Primarily sweet and gothic

> how many main pieces do you own?
97+ and whatever is coming in the mail

> Do you think your wardrobe is too small/too big/just right?

Too big. I want to phase out a lot of the older pieces I hVe been clinging to for sentimentality but it’s a bit difficult to actually find the balls to do it.

> What is your goal for your wardrobe (if you have one)? Do you have a dream wardrobe?

I’d like to see if I can’t come
up with a seasonal capsule wardrobe that only has 6-8 main pieces that I can rotate out each quarter. I also need to stop deprioritizing accessories because that’s incomplete, bland and maidenless behavior.

>> No.10835337

I wear things from all 3 substyles, but I don't have any old school, and my gothic wardrobe is fairly limited. I believe at last count I had 41 main pieces.

It's too big in the sense that I don't get to wear everything. It's too small in the sense that I want more items still.

I'd like more shoes and bags, because my current selection is pretty limited there. I'd like a few more gothic pieces (really eyeing the new release coming up from Iris Garden and Haenuli). I'd also like to get some old school styled stuff: a dress and a few blouses from MAM, and a tartan suit that I'll probably order from Glittertale.

>> No.10835339

>>10835324
There's a few actually, particularly from Baby (although just re-release of the same design). They just don't pop up very often, even the more recent ones.
https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-baby-rain-coat
https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-rainy-lovely-coat
https://lolibrary.org/items/moitie-ribbon-rain-coat

I would love this particular one, if it came in pink;
https://lolibrary.org/items/indie-lumiebre-noir-rose-rain-coat
I think I'm just going to sew one myself one day.

>> No.10835346

>>10835263
I'm not even a daily lolita, I'm a fucking hoarder and I recognise that. I try to wear lolita on weekends but it's really become more about collecting for me. But I feel the same about being attached to certain pieces and I feel at this point I have already sold/ trying to sell what I don't truly love.

..maybe I just need to move overseas to escape it all haha

>> No.10835431

Mostly sweet with a gothic capsule wardrobe. I have around 70 main pieces.

In a practical sense it’s probably too big given that I wear lolita somewhat infrequently since I can’t wear it to work or anything. It also takes up basically all the space I have available for it so I can’t expand much more even though I want to.

My wardrobe goal is to have all the pieces I need to make versatile and comfortable coords. I’m lacking in outerwear and shoes the most right now. I have a massive wishlist of around 100 main pieces so having those would be my dream wardrobe.

>> No.10835436
File: 615 KB, 1200x1799, O1CN01mz7J5b2JWX0uscq1Y_!!796189429.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10835313
>>10835324
adding to >>10835339
the taobao brand vcastle has released a few iirc, I own this clear one from them which i like quite a bit.

>> No.10835445

>>10835436
not those anons but i really like this, thanks for sharing. i love that it'll let the dress still be visible somewhat.