[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 49 KB, 580x432, 1480786940231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10809403 No.10809403 [Reply] [Original]

Post your feels

Previous thread:
>>10802932

>> No.10809429

I was searching for something yesterday, I stumbled upon a name of someone who used to be well known in the lolita community back in the 2000s iirc. I wondered if this was the girl I was friends with on LJ who was from the US and was only in the fashion for less than a year yet managed to amass a big mostly pink AP wardrobe by using her daddy's credit card. Later it turned out she was into some neo nazi stuff.

I read an LJ page dedicated to people reminiscing about the 2000s, lots of communities and names being mentioned. Nostalgia floods my brain, I was trying to see if I could find my old LJ account, turns out I deleted it.
I regret it. I mourn the loss of proper forums. I ask myself where have all the years gone. So many years wasted not wearing lolita because of reasons. It's really fucking easy to think things used to be better. The world also really sucks right now.
I went to bed way too late and feeling very sad.

My mind does things like think about what I would say to a younger version of myself. I would say things like tell myself to dump my partner, develop and grow as a single person and then get some better standards for when I was ready to date again, and to never give up lolita for whatever reason, and to do my career differently, etc.
But I don't think this is very helpful. Feels more like self torture.
︿

>> No.10809436

I have been having such a good experience wearing lolita lately. Did something happen during the pandemic where all the normies discovered what lolita is and are now completely used to it and I was just unaware?
I'm sure part of it is making my wardrobe more toned down, but I no longer get nearly as many stares, I don't get people asking what the occasion is, etc. The only comments I ever get are actually nice like "I love your outfit!". It's strange, but very welcome.

>> No.10809437

>>10809429
Not sure how old you are, but I try to look to time as a perception.
Instead of thinking about all the lost years, I just pretend that I am just starting out and think about all that lies ahead. It's a kind of self-delusion, but it's constructive.

The loss of proper forums though, that hurts. I will always miss LiveJournal. I'm going to try to get more into things like blogging, get back to RSS feeds, maybe join mailing lists or some old-school stuff. That stuff never went away and still has plenty of users, it just seems less shiny and active compared to fake, bot-infested social media.

>> No.10809450
File: 32 KB, 541x627, cryingTrudy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10809403
> TFW found out about cons after 28 years old.
> TFW clearly too old to cosplay now
Im wondering if its even appropriate for me to go to these events now

>> No.10809452

>>10809450
28 is fine for cosplay stop being a doomer literally nobody gives a fuck. besides at 28 you’re more likely to have the income to make actually good cosplay and not wear aliexpress shit

>> No.10809459

>>10809437
I'll be 38 in a month.
If I fell in love with the fashion right now for the first time and had to start from scratch,,, well I probably wouldn't because currently lolita designs are not the kind of stuff I would have fallen for, but anyway, I don't know.. on one hand I would probably feel overwhelmed and on the other hand stuff is so easy to get nowadays especially if you're into taobao brands.
I spoke to people who started in their 30s and they're also pretty negative about the fact that they started in their 30s. They all wish they found it sooner.
They also mourn lost years. I feel the same. I should not have quit lolita, it was something I did because I thought it was for the best but I regret that decision so much.
The idea of starting out now doesn't help. Sorry -_-

I miss Blue Period. I miss a time before social media fakeness, before concrit culture and honesty died, and I miss the time my local comm (and basically comms everywhere) would more easily keep all the creeps out.

I considered making a blog myself because fb isn't really suitable for posts with multiple images and loads of text describing a process (for DIY for example). But I would feel like I'm not capable of filtering everything that might get me cancelled. For example if you write something about changes in your measurements, and how clothes fit you now, even if it's on your own blog/page there are people commenting "this makes me uncomfortable, stop it" and you get people telling other people in your comm you're fat phobic because you said on your own blog you try to lose the weight you gained during lockdown. Or if you write something about undertones of hair dye/wig colors and making sure it doesn't clash with your skin, or basically anything regarding dressing for the body you have,, even if it's just directed at your own body and no-body else's, then you get people reading that on your own damn blog page and then you become known in your local comm as judgmental.

>> No.10809461

>>10809459
cont;

basically anything you say about your own body size, measurements you mention, your shape, the way clothes fit you, certain features you like in clothes, what kind of hair styles you prefer, makeup, talk about undertones in makeup, hair dye and wigs and stuff. Even if you're not negative about things and even if you don't say negative stuff about your own body, just the fact that you mention certain stuff will make people uncomfortable, they'll also be scared that if you judge your own body in a way and take your own body into account when making choices for your own wardrobe, hair, makeup, etc that it means you judge others the same way.
Then you get a reputation as judgmental, as the lolita with "the energy we don't need". Because these days you have to be positive about all of the cuts (empire waist, just waist, anything in between) because otherwise you're negative in some way, and the only thing you should take into account if if you like a dress or not.

I've met and spoken to a good amount of people late 20's~30s with the same exact mindset as I have, we like to talk about these things.
But now the young people tell us it makes them uncomfortable.
I've seen it happen one got slapped on the wrist and accused of being a body shamer when the only body she talked about, and not even in a negative way, was her own. The whole situation rattled her, it scared me too.
If this is woke culture I fucking hate it.

This is why I can't blog because there would be too much self censorship and I would be worried about slipping up.
A blog is supposed to be the place you can talk about things you care about the most, for me that would be dressing well and getting a good fit out of my clothes, or talk about mental health and physical health and stuff like that.
It would probably be social suicide.
So it's best to keep that all to myself and not blog. Because if you make a blog that nobody can see there's no point.

>> No.10809465

>>10809461
>Because if you make a blog that nobody can see there's no point.
That’s called a diary. Also you talk like a 38 year old but have the shitty immature attitude of a 20 year old. Sad

>> No.10809466

>>10809461
I think you're a little old to worry this much about what people might think.

>> No.10809468

>>10809459
Yeah, it sucks but unfortunately the only thing you can do is make the most of it right now. I feel a similar way about a career path I've started on, why didn't I find it sooner? What could things have been like? But that's just not how life works. Had you continued in lolita you could have had a profoundly negative experience or ended up giving up on it forever. You don't really know. You made the best decision you could at that time with the information you had at that time.

>> No.10809471

>>10809465
I don't know what kind of expectations you have of people my age but everyone I've spoken with about these topics in my own comm who was late 20s+ had the same annoyances/complaints about current comm culture.
It is what it is, if you want to be part of a local comm you have to adjust to that comm's social norms or risk getting a bad reputation, be reprimanded or even be kicked out.
This wouldn't have even crossed my mind if I didn't see this happen.

>>10809466
see above.

>>10809468
Thank you, that's what I tell myself too that I made the best decision I could based on the information I had at the time.

>> No.10809482
File: 111 KB, 508x376, lolidontpost.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10809403
Our comm thot is back in jail, and facing up to 6 years for felony evading arrest. That sucks and I don't even gaf that I caught my bf jerking off to her Twitter pics last month.

>> No.10809488

>>10809461
I'm an oldfag lolita and I am so sick of what the community has turned into for l the reasons you mentioned. A lot of people in their late 20s and 30s have broken off into private friend cliques but it really sucks not being in one of them and being stuck with the genz sjws at meets.
I would love to have a secret comm or discord or something just for chill uncensored non edgy lolita discussion full of older people. But I don't want to take the responsibility of moderation and filtering out annoying people.

>> No.10809491

i wish lolitas who didn't like trannies would just leave the main comm and make their own. who cares if those people cancel you or not. comms are private spaces, they can include or exclude whoever anyone wants.

>> No.10809492

>>10809491
samefagging to say i hate trannies, i just hate how most people won't actually do anything about it

>> No.10809499 [DELETED] 
File: 541 KB, 1080x1754, I don't want to live on this planet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love lolita, but I'm growing way more distant to it the past couple of years. This idiotic poll reminded me today that I can't identify with the mass amount of new people who have entered the fashion.
How the fuck is a taobao dress winning over peak AP, for the hime sub style?

>> No.10809501

>>10809488
I have noticed many older lolitas have left my local comm for this reason. They still wear lolita and keep meeting up with friends they made in the comm but no longer participate in the comm.
The friends I made stopped wearing lolita and I haven't made any friends in my current local comm yet. Acquaintances yes, friends not yet. I'm not in any position to start my own BS free, predator free comm yet. Even if I was I've never moderated.

>> No.10809502

>>10809491
people are afraid of throwing away friendships.
If you have friends in the big comm and they find out you're in a predator/creep/sissy/tranny free comm that might have unwanted consequences.
People would be afraid to join the new comm for that reason. They would probably feel safer to join if there were lots of members already, but if it was in the beginnings of the new comm everyone who wanted to join would be waiting for other people to join before they themselves joined.

>> No.10809505

>>10809491
ok troon

>> No.10809520

>>10809505
read>>10809492 retard. i want troons out of comms.

>> No.10809522

>>10809502
>If you have friends in the big comm and they find out you're in a predator/creep/sissy/tranny free comm that might have unwanted consequences
Are those friends then? This is another problem all together.

>> No.10809525

>>10809491
honestly trannies r fine with me, brolitas were a thing in comms in the 2010s and this is no different to me. the problem now are the women who wear a GIRLY fashion but wanna be any gender but woman, and the fact that ppl think that sissies who want to join the comm are trannies and try to defend them.

>> No.10809528

>>10809522
it's a quick way to find out.

>> No.10809529

>>10809525
>ppl think that sissies who want to join the comm are trannies and try to defend them.

but that's most trannies in comms, just pretending to be trans in order to gain acceptance.

>> No.10809538

>>10809529
idrc if they're guys who want to crossdress (they're ugly but i find most men ugly), it's the weird sissy fetish guys that bother me.

>> No.10809544

>>10809529
“pretending to be trans”

as if transgenderism itself is not a stupid concept to begin with

what they’re actually pretending to have is gender dysphoria

>> No.10809545

>>10809538
everyone who brings their fetish into lolita spaces bothers me and everyone who engages in boundary crossing behavior bothers me.
That's most men in lolita communities eventually.

And that's just the guys that are let in. I spoke to a mod about this and she said she declines really disgusting join requests every week.

>> No.10809556

>>10809429
>>10809459
I feel for you anon. I really miss a quieter internet. I'm hopeful that there will be a comeback of it. There are a lot of zoomers making their own neocities now. I'm curious to know what will come of that even if I don't see eye to eye with them on a lot of things.

I'm 28 so I probably have a different recollection of things than you but I miss browsing lolita livejournal comms and blogs in the late aughts and early 10s. I didn't have the money for the hobby then. I can properly afford it now but it feels much lonelier than it used to. I'd love it if we could all mass migrate back to LJ or something similar.

Facebook and reddit are radically woke and their standards are in the gutter. Tumblr is dead afaik. IG/tiktok are basically designed for clout chasing with no room for long form posts. cgl isn't ideal for obvious reasons. I've heard that there are lolita discords but idk how to join them or if they're any good. My local comm is almost all itas

>> No.10809557
File: 92 KB, 700x1041, f223a49047155d4d1a5588eeebb510a6[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10809525
brolitas were a thing since lolita began. Have people forgotten who mana-san is?

>> No.10809559

>>10809556
tumblr is definitely not dead, it’s honestly one of the best “mainstream” platforms rn because it’s just so loosely moderated

>> No.10809562

>>10809557
if the average brolita looked like mana no one would have an issue. The problem is it’s always some sewer haired cretin with beard stubble and fuschia lipstick

>> No.10809563

>>10809562
I agree you completely. It's the same with cosplay/crossplay. It's always the obvious fetishists and ugly troons that ruin it for the people who actually care about how they look

>> No.10809575

released someone toxic from my life recently and decided to just keep a polite distance. it’s so healing.

>> No.10809647

>>10809556
I wore it from 2003 until 2008/2009 and in my memory LJ was still alive and kicking back then, and I don't remember a huge amount of people going over to another platform.
Blue Period (a lolita forum) went dead in 2006 iirc, for reasons that could have something to do with finances and moderating.

When I was ready to get back to the comm in 2018 (had already worn lolita for special occasions and felt good about it so intended to continue more seriously) the first place I went back to was LJ. It was dead of course, only wardrobe posts and the occasional random question. I had no clue they were on fb.
I googled ' lolita community' and got sent to reddit. I asked there "where have all the lolitas gone" because I could see the reddit lolita comm was crap.
That's where I got told it was mostly on fb.
Now a lot of fb comms have migrated to Discord.
Ask around in your local fb comm for the join link to your local discord comm.
There might be a community on Dreamwidth (not beneath the bows) that I stumbled upon a while ago and it was a little active, I can no longer find it.

>>10809557
that has always been the worst defense for brolitas. They don't look like mana and mana isn't trying to worm himself into a locall comm afaik.

>> No.10809650

>>10809450
If you do a really good cosplay of a younger person, no one will be able to tell the difference.

>> No.10809700

I really wish I had the confidence to wear lolita out but I'm in a really southern area and I have no self confidence. When I wear lolita I feel like a fool and I only truly feel like a princess when I'm alone in my room. I thought about wearing lolita to a convention last month but the thought of being seen by someone I knew made me chicken out.

I know anons talk about this all the time but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

>> No.10809707

>>10809700
Work your way up to it.
Start with frilly normie clothes.

>> No.10809727

>>10809700
Same, I get a lot of anxiety when it comes to going out in lolita. Sucks because I think about going to cute cafes or pretty parks a lot and getting some real wear out of my clothes

>> No.10809758

>>10809700
I know this feel anon. I only wear my lolita at home or conventions, or I stick to very casual lolita. It's not that I feel like I look stupid as much as I feel like other people will think I'm an attention whore (or god forbid ageplayer) for being an adult woman wearing a huge petticoat.

My local comm is too cringe to ameliorate my feelings about that but maybe your area has a better one where you'd feel comfortable wearing lolita with them? Strength in numbers.

>> No.10809779

>>10809556
I really enjoyed the LJ days because all the other platforms that we’ve migrated around to has divided us but every other platform after LJ is terrible in archival because people aren’t putting the time to proofread and curate a blog post like LJ and opting for something quick and easy.

I liked it when Taobao was used to help build and explore closets, still a pretty good place for shoes. I’m sad the market is flooded with taobao trash quality and diminished the value of brand. I think I haven’t worn Lolita in awhile is because I just don’t want to be associated with trash quality and it looks quite costumey now.

>> No.10809781
File: 42 KB, 272x272, tomocry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw a girl is turning 30 and the comm has to set her adrift on an iceberg
Shit, I liked her too.

>> No.10809789
File: 221 KB, 1280x720, baka mitai.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have accepted that I will be forever the "cosplaying child" of my group, forever seen as someone unable to have sex, much like an innocent child. They probably think I fart cologne or something.
Yeah i'm gonna die single and basically a virgin because i'm so complicated... I don't think I would have sex with myself if I had an identical woman version of myself.

>> No.10809807

are dark skinned cosplayers really look down upon for using wigs that don't match their skin tones?

I want to cosplay certain characters, but I feel as if a lot of people are going to judge me for not using a different color wig to match my skintone instead of using a wig that's the same color as the character's hair.

>> No.10809816

>>10809781
kys

>> No.10809841
File: 270 KB, 720x544, FGK8ZG6XsAYXpi_.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really wish I could enjoy j-fashion again.
I started wearing lolita/j-fashion in my teens and back then I had all the confidence to wear it in public, I just felt so beautiful and good. Even though I'm still young (21 to be exact), I feel so unconfident. Mainly the issue lies in feeling sexualized in it/being percieved as anything sexual, since so many people have made nasty and ugly comments in the past. I truly feel like I can never escape it, even though I know it's in my head. All the negative thoughts overpower my confidence. Why do people look at lolita, a very conservative fashion at it's core, and associate it with fetishes/kink? I really don't get it and it makes me very very sad.
Same feelings towards kogal and gyaru - I really want to start wearing it, but I'm so paranoid of creeps and others making disgusting comments, that I just feel like I want to run away and k*ll all men.

>> No.10809845

>>10809841
If you don't do so already start wearing really big obvious headphones. You don't have to switch them on.
You get less comments this way. And even if the ones you still get bother you, then you can switch the music on.

>> No.10809917
File: 281 KB, 1318x1600, F5D6624C-DD6E-4649-A82A-A873DD5FFB12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i got scammed by a xianyufag. blouse i bought on the right (mam), blouse i received on the left. you have to be shitting me kek

>> No.10809918

>>10809917
mixed up my directions. i thought i was buying the blouse on the left.

>> No.10809941

>>10809917
What did you expect buying from chinks

>> No.10809972

>>10809758
my state's comm is totally dead. most lolitas in my state just participate in the meets in neighboring states. Honestly I'd rather be the only well dressed lolita in a comm of itas than completely alone

>> No.10809986

I desperately want to make (lolita) friends but i'm super autistic and whenever I reply to anyone I get too nervous and shittalk about myself to the point I'm completely unlikable so of course no one replies to me.

>> No.10810054

i wish people would realize Mint Kismet is a trashy shopping service.
the last time i used their shopping service, i have reason to suspect my "brand new" OP was worn.
OP was supposed to be new. it had several things... strand of hair on the OP, wrinkles on the elbow section like the sleeves were worn up for several hours, brand tag was bent like it was worn. the OP was dark so i could see that it was clearly tried on which i don't mind but everything else left me never wanting to ever use their shopping service. i had to take OP to the drycleaners before wearing. my package took about 2 months to arrive which just makes me suspect that they wore it to take photos before sending it off. i follow their instagram and the timeline of them wearing the exact same OP and posting the photo just seem too much to be a coincidence.
my OP was supposed to be brand new, not second-hand. i hope other people are aware how unprofessional this shopping service is.

stay vigilant, frillies

>> No.10810061

>>10810054
I have to agree with you, but after using her for three years and figuring out how to treat her to avoid her pulling crap, it does kinda pay off. So I found that if you barely message her beyond ‘buy me this’ ‘here’s the payment’ and just fill out the shipping form, and do this repeatedly, she will get you your items and prioritize you as a customer. The only reason this is worth it if there is an item you want that cannot possibly be bought online or you really do need a shopping service.

On the other hand, the few times I’ve asked a little more beyond this, she seems to either overcharge for shipping or fail to get your item. It’s a bit crappy of her, but honestly I’ve been able to get what I’ve wanted without paying the crazy Paris fees.

>> No.10810078

>>10810054
Why are you using gender neutral words, she is a her

>> No.10810079

>>10810054
That's outrageous. What OP was it?

>>10810061
You shouldn't have to do this, she's a shopping service so she should expect messages. I would rather ask any of the others to get stuff for me

>> No.10810109

>>10809986
I would totally be friends with you

>> No.10810117

>>10809972
If you have a handful of lolitas that's enough to make a comm. Who wants to drive that many hours to another state?
It seems you could fix this.

>>10809986
I'm autistic and I have a tendency to talk too much when nervous. Still made friends.
You can do this.
I would be friends with you.

>> No.10810133

>>10809986
I'm also autistic, I get that. A lot of times idrk what to say and i ghost people. I'd be friends w you, nonny

>>10810117
I would, but I don't know if any of the lolitas would be willing to attend a meet organized by someone they don't know super well. I'm not exactly established in the comm because of how far the meets are/dead the fb is.

>> No.10810140

>>10810133
if you've been sharing your coord photos in the comm and have talked a little bit online to them that should be enough imo.
You can also just post "I haven't attended many meetups because they're all out of state but I still want to get to know my local lolitas. Would you be up for organizing a local meetup/activity? Anything to break the ice even if it's just a few of us"
Make a poll, bitches love polls.

>> No.10810187
File: 15 KB, 399x400, annoy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really don't like my ability to screw up things when they could be greater if I didn't make a mistake.

I'll die alone, without a partner. It will be so long i've turned into a virgin again.

>> No.10810266

I managed to get super express shipping for my latest order from my SS because it was actually a LOT cheaper than all the other options (it was ¥9900 when all the other options started at about ¥13000) (even surface!)
So I'm ecstatic about being able to get my order in 3 days because I never get super express

>> No.10810308

>>10810054
I use Tenshi Shop and so far so good. What makes you go with Minty instead of Tenshi?

>> No.10810309
File: 3.26 MB, 4032x3024, 16645577765974399692161930793281.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No idea if this is the right place, but I wasn't brave enough to post it in the bad cosplay thread

My first cosplay
I think it's hard to guess who am I supposed to be
Will wear it tomorrow and Sunday at ViennaComicCon

>> No.10810310

>>10810308
Sorry, Mint*

>> No.10810311

>>10810309
are you chris redfield from his re8 look? terminator?

>> No.10810312

Man, I just really love lolita.

>> No.10810315

>>10810311
>terminator?
Yes

>> No.10810373

Started a support ticket at work, it's from someone I went to high school with. Already applied to two other companies.

>> No.10810374

>>10810373
why/what does this mean, are you like in an IT helpdesk role and you're embarrassed about it?

>> No.10810376

>>10810374
Yeah I guess I did word that vaguely. I found out I work for the same company they do, I have no problem working in IT I just don't want anything to do with anyone from high school.

>> No.10810393

>>10810308
Tenshi was away on vacation and didn't want to miss getting the OP. i use Tenshi's shopping service mostly

>> No.10810400

After gaining 12lbs of extra weight a year ago and getting to big for my dream dresses, I got really depressed. As of this month I'm finally able to say I've lose weight after a year on ssris. I also just so happen to be in 11k USD worth of recent debt from my husband needing medical procedures and scans done. We thought he had seizure activity, turns out it was absolutely nothing thank goodness.. Contemplating selling my mostly AP/Meta wardrobe and also coming to terms with the fact that I don't have any friends, hate the lolita "community" and meetups are somehow always a fucking ita/tranny/anxiety inducing nightmare. People are fucking gross and weird on here and in real life. If i wake up at 5am to go to an upscale tea place and take 2 hours to get ready, 2 hours there and back and spend $60 on a meal, do you think i want to sit there and listen to a man try to giggle while wearing an ill fitting polyester taobao dress? And anyway besides that I truly hate tiktok, don't ever want another instagram account, and I've tried posting to tumblr but the insane levels of ita, tranny and sissy blogs make me rage. I feel totally disconnected from others and myself. Should I sell everything, pay off some of my debt, and give up on lolita?

>> No.10810411

>>10810400
damn anon that sounds really rough. congratulations on your weight loss. I assume there is nothing your husband can do to make a dent in that debt and nothing else you could reasonably cut back on for a while?

>> No.10810413
File: 214 KB, 358x267, dicaprio.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well my dear anons, today I feel good. My bad feels from the previous days were exaggerations. I have a great cosplay career, I have good things in my life. I cannot complain. I can only get better. And that's fantastic. May the Force be with you all, anons. I love all of you.

>> No.10810414

>>10810309
Man, it's your first and I can tell that's Terminator. Have fun, play around. I wish that for you.

>> No.10810424

im too tall to wear the pieces i wanna wear i wish i was 5'4 i want to cry

>> No.10810432

>>10810309
Gun needs the laser to be recognizable

>> No.10810435

>>10810400
I feel your pain. I would say take a break, maybe a year or two. If you still feel the same way, take one final picture with each dress you have/make a coord and then begin to sell little by little until you feel good enough to completely leave the fashion.

>> No.10810443
File: 2.93 MB, 4032x3024, 16646095065759072661100512076059.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10810414
Thanks

>>10810432
At least I have a Plasmarifle
(The con has very strict weapon laws)

>> No.10810453

>>10810400
don't give up nonny

>> No.10810477

>>10810312
but I hate the spoiled, immature attitude some of these old ass women have

>> No.10810490

>>10809807
You should always choose what flatters you best. Obviously you'll want to have it be recognizable still, but choosing the right color for your undertone will make world of difference. I feel this was with styling wigs as well, if the hairstyle doesn't work on your face shape, you should modify it slightly.

>> No.10810491

>>10810400
I would wait it out cause you sound really emotional. I've been in and out of limits a few times and keep coming back. It wouldn't hurt to sell stuff you're on the fence about, but hang on to some things for awhile.

>> No.10810493

>>10810400
>Should I sell everything, pay off some of my debt, and give up on lolita?
Yes, Come back if and when you're ready.

>> No.10810544

It's finally happened in my comm and I no longer want to go to meets anymore. A well used - to- be- established brololita in my comm has returned to my comm from NY. He is now a she and a very ugly troon. Before he came out as trans he was very well dressed and appeared to be a normal brolita. Now he is an ugly troon and no longer puts in efffort into his make up when going to meets and no longer wears wigs. I'm pretty sure he is APG and not trans because he no longer puts efforts into his coords and looks like a dumpy creep.

>> No.10810586

Mark Hamill and other international stars are saying things about the Brazillian election.

/cgl/, why must the actors and actresses of the series we love, disappoint us? Like, bro shut the fuck up what do you know about Brazil

>> No.10810608
File: 3.26 MB, 4032x3024, 20221002_112650.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just for fun
Wanted to take a picture and someone photobombed it

>> No.10810678

>>10810435
>>10810453
>>10810491
>>10810493

Thanks gulls. I've decided to sell part of my collection. I had a panic attack at work today and need to focus on what makes me happy. Unfortunately lolita does make me happy- but I'm not equipped to handle the responsibilities of wearing it and truthfully, my dresses belong in the hands of lolitas who will cherish them.

This has been my last post on cgl :) bye gulls! Good luck and much love to all of you!

>> No.10810724

Coming back to this board after many years just because of some nostalgia.
As a former effeminate faggot teenager who was idolizing those vkei men, I don't understand how y'all , mainly women, put up with this curse of constant interest and obsession with stupid vain aesthetic shit and consoomerism.
I own like 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shoes, some shirts and winter gear. I shave my head every week and go every 2-3 months to maintain my super long beard. And put some beard oil in it every day.
I remember vividly how I'd put on 5 tonnes of belts, studs, insignias, had piercings hanging from my face, straightening my hair twice a day and going on vacation to the seaside without going in the water because "my hair would curl up". I remember watching hours of hair make-up tutorials and trying to adapt them to my face and my aesthetic.
It's fucking retarded. I don't get you, literal adults, revolving your entire life around this.

>> No.10810727

>>10810586
lmao how does bolsonaro's dick taste?

>> No.10810747

Well, I'm a little confused in light of a convention here in Buenos Aires.

>there are some anime conventions known as Yukai Fest
>usually, these draw a good crowd of people and there are invited cosplayers
>I went to a bunch of their cons, all of them were a good time until yesterday
>for some reason, the con yesterday was a ghost town, and I got there about an hour and a half after they had opened
>when I first got there, I swear there were more people behind the stands than actual attendees, it was a sad sight
>after about two hours, cosplayers that were running late arrived, attendance got a little better...but I gave up by then, the con felt like a shade of previous ones

I wonder if I missed a shitshow desu. I can't find anything about the people running the event being cancelled or some shit.
Granted, the price to get in was 1000 pesos (roughly 7 US dollars) but these days, that's not much money. And there was a cosplay event somewhere way further on the same day, but that still doesn't quite explain what happened.

>> No.10810763

>>10810724
>other people have hobbies i am not interested in
ok

>> No.10810766

I can't take it. I can't take the stress. I want to leave the country and forget everything.

>> No.10810770

>>10810724
okay ebony darkness dementia raven way

>> No.10810771

>>10810766
I'm here for you if you want help. Reach out to me. (You know who I am)

>> No.10810779
File: 3.04 MB, 4032x3024, 20221001_102235.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

so
how to I convert smartphone-photos so they won't be sideways when posting here

want to post the rest of the pictures I made during ViennaComicCon>>10810608

>> No.10810780
File: 3.58 MB, 4032x3024, DarthVaderandTiePilot_VCC2022.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10810779
Maybe it works now

>> No.10810781
File: 2.82 MB, 4032x3024, Tifa_FaeLeBlanche_VCC2022.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

try it again

>> No.10810782
File: 3.57 MB, 3024x4032, NeganandDarel_VCC2022.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ok, I hope it works now

>> No.10810783

>>10810782
damn, it worked
gimp really is the solution
ok, will convert the rest of the pictures, will take some time

>> No.10810791

>>10810779
You can slightly crop the photo with your default editor and it will reorient it.

>> No.10810793
File: 2.35 MB, 3024x4032, Katara2_VC2022.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10810791
thanks, but I did it on Gimp now
might convert the Pictures from Aninite 2022 and might post them the next days
but I guess I will make a new thread for that

>> No.10810854

I wish you would stop being an abusive cunt. I did my part so you would leave alone and move on. You still lurk here and post your friends.

>> No.10810882

My girlfriend started cosplaying after I started getting costumes for her, I even had some custom-made just for her.
But now she wants me to cosplay as well, except I feel way too shy to cosplay anything. Especially since I already look like a freak (I'm an albino so I'm 100% white, including my hair).

I don't know how to get the confidence to cosplay with her.

>> No.10810949

>>10810882
just try it for her, nonny. nobody's gonna judge as much as you judge yourself, especially at cons. plus being albino is kind of cool imo

>> No.10811036

>>10810882
>Especially since I already look like a freak (I'm an albino so I'm 100% white, including my hair).
Do a Kaworu

>> No.10811061

>>10810949
Yeah I always thought albinos looked cool.. in sorry you feel that way OP

>> No.10811066

>>10810882
Do what every other shy dork does in cosplay.
1) Masks
2) Hoods
3) Cloaks

>> No.10811070

>>10810882
>I'm an albino so I'm 100% white, including my hair
But that describes tons of anime characters

>> No.10811083

>>10809403
where i live there is no communities, i searched for a gyarusa, a lolita circle a vkei group but nothing, literally destined to be alone with no friends for life

>> No.10811087

>>10810854
Go eat dick and die

>> No.10811130

ow2 poggers

>> No.10811135

I keep impulse buying because I have no good comm to interact with. I'd buy less if I had other ways to keep up with lolita fashion other than buy stuff.

>> No.10811148
File: 171 KB, 1080x899, Tumblr_l_352092220775010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

REEEEEE
I AM GOING TO MURDER WHOEVER KEEPS BUYING ALL OF THE CUTE SHEGLIT ON CC BEFORE I FUCKING WAKE UP

>> No.10811158

>>10811087
no u fatty

>> No.10811160

After nearly 2.5 years of spending almost every check on Lolita, I am finally ready to stop and focus on saving, paying off some stuff, and buying other items in my life. I will admit I still have a lot I want to purchase in terms of the fashion, but I’m getting older and need to focus on the long term costs of being alive. If anyone has any tips on stopping impulse buying/sticking to goals, would appreciate it.

>> No.10811167

>>10811160
The best way is to stop exposing yourself to stuff you might want to buy. Stop checking lacemarket, unfollow accounts that show new releases, etc

>> No.10811171

>>10811160

This. Delete any apps you use to shop and block the website.

I deleted eBay/Etsy apps for instance and it's cut down on my random vintage purchases by a lot.

>> No.10811185

If there was a social media that was specific to lolita, what would you want it to be like? Thinking about programming something kind of simple, just for funsies, and would appreciate some ideias.

>> No.10811200

>>10811185
I think it would have to focus on actual interactions and not attention whoring for likes and upvotes

>> No.10811203

>>10811185
Blogging of some kind.

>> No.10811219

>>10811160
I reached a point where I couldn't spend money for a couple of weeks since I had spent too much on the front end buying things. Once you stop for a while you'll sober up to the dopamine rush.

>> No.10811250

>>10811200
This is actually the reason I decided to try and do this, I'm so sick of this fame hungry community that is reinforced by SM algorithms, the best Lolita's of my comm don't give a crap about efame and I can barely see what they post because they don't play by the ever more ridiculous algorithm rules. On the other hand, the ones doing taobao hauls all the time and throwing mismatched stuff together only so they have enough content to please the algorithm are always on my timeline.

I won't have an upvote system and am considering likes being shown only to the poster so they can compare their own posts with each other instead of comparing themselves with other Lolita's and using it for status or whatever.

>>10811203
This would be nice, but I'm guessing the girls who have spent all that time personalizing their own personal blogs wouldn't migrate to any other media unless it was something absolutely incredible, which most likely won't be the case here, maybe a board dedicated to promoting your blog posts would be better accepted.

>> No.10811251

>>10811185
I mean that one app existed for a bit, the Alice one but it had too many bugs

>> No.10811281

>>10811185
I considered doing this as a practice project as well, but honestly thought my effort would be wasted on the lolita community. Not that I don’t love lolita, but another website where people can post coordinates and talk will be abused and used as drama fodder, and you as the person who made it will have the community’s eyes on you. I mean this genuinely and not to deter you, that it might be a better idea to pick a different hobby community with less presence on chans.

>> No.10811294

>>10811281
Thanks for the concern.
I guess you are right, honestly, I don't even know if it's going to be more than a project and become a real thing, but since I'm doing it for the fun of it and for practice I don't really care too much about how random drama mongering lolitas will feel about it. Even if I complete the project and it dies because people would prefer not to have yet another social media or whatever, I will still have gained experience doing it, there's not much to loose really.

>> No.10811315

>>10811185
No algorithm, people you follow are sorted chronologically. People can post image coords under their own profile and tag with both brand and item name, so people can search specific items for coord ideas. Your own blogging space but also public discussion ability similar to the old lj days.

>> No.10811320

>>10811315
This

>> No.10811322

I am so very stressed. I want to take my mind off things with chat and shitposting but I have no friends. 4chan and the few discord servers I am in are ghost towns.

>> No.10811323

>>10811322
>the few discord servers I am in are ghost towns.
i know that feel.
i was in a few that werent really that big, maybe like 20-30 members but lots of them were pretty active but then over the course of a few months, people slowly stopped talking until there was nothing.

>> No.10811328

>>10809403
>Buy an AP OP because measurements said it'll fit
>Get it, but the cut is fucking terrible
>Try to sell it
>No one buys it for months

Wtf, I thought you bitches love AP, why is no one touching this thing? Fuck

>> No.10811331

>>10811328
There are plenty of AP dresses that just aren't popular. AP isn't inherently gold with infinite resale value. Demand fluctuates. That's the truth in any market. Also, you said the cut is terrible.

>> No.10811332

>>10811323
A lot of discord servers I'm in don't talk much about their casual interests, and people are either crafty which I'm not, and have nothing to contribute discussing knitting or gluing or whatever, or they just post the random crap they bought. Not even necessarily Lolita pieces, just random ass kitsch. It's kinda boring.

>> No.10811426

I got gold 1 after doing my ow2 placements :0

>> No.10811464
File: 184 KB, 1300x957, sad-japanese-lolita-23841658.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I missed out on an AP skirt I wanted on mercari. I was dragging my feet on hitting buy because it was a bit pricey and there was a chance it'd be a smidge tight since it was an older piece. But now everything pales in comparison. I regret it. Dont be like me nonas. Dont try to use logic and sensibility .. just buy good skirt...

>> No.10811470

>>10811464
I hate when I’m like “I’ll sleep on it” and when I wake up it’s gone!! No hesitation just BUY next time

>> No.10811484

>>10811464
Which skirt was it? I feel like we might've been looking at the same one.

>> No.10811489

>>10811470
Agreed

>>10811484
It was the first release of the strawberry-chan skirt. I’m honestly not sure if it sold somewhere else or the seller changed their mind because the listing disappeared.

If any of you anons got it pls take good care of it

>> No.10811671

(1/2)

Not sure which thread is best suited for my malding, but I figured a feels thread will have more traffic.

Here's a warning if you ever want to use jpshopping as your SS - don't. Avoid them like the plague.
I had them ship two packages via seamail over a year ago, because no other shipping options were available at the time and they forced me to ship regardless (unlike other SS, which kept my items until airmail/EMS became available). The parcels didn't reach their destination after 100 some days, so I asked them to help me open a case and receive a refund from Japan Post. Complete silence on their end. After multiple attempts to contact them over several weeks, they finally responded, but only after the 180 day refund limit for lost packages ended. In their email they stated they received my packages back months ago, and just didn't bother contacting me.
I asked them to arrange shipping to a different address via EMS, so I can stop stressing out about my purchases for months on end. They charged me for EMS, and claimed they shipped my packages. Weeks later, I start getting worried again, so I email them (multiple times, as they never respond if you contact them once). Apparently, they shipped everything via seamail again without my knowledge, and asked me to wait another 4-6 months to receive my items. I had to send them proof of our previous correspondence to get a refund.

>> No.10811672

>>10811671
(2/2)

Fast forward to August, I still had some items sitting at their warehouse and decided I needed to ship them out ASAP so I can finally switch to another SS. I know, I'm a retard and I kept buying through them because of their automated purchase system. I ask them to pack everything up and calculate shipping charges, but the "packing" status remained unchanged for weeks. I had to email them 4 times again, for them to finally contact me today. They've lost one of my items at their warehouse, and they did not explain how. It was a coat and hat set, so a very large parcel. They refund me, I lose a dream item and about $10 because of the exchange rate.

In conclusion, if you don't want a brand new constant source of stress in your life, don't use jpshopping.

>> No.10811709
File: 43 KB, 1000x575, 0e92d8675e5bda2194a74b278c9dde3f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was born too fucking early. I wish I could had been an late teen and adult during the 00's and early 10's.
I hate that jfashion and cosplay is about clout chasing. I hate that Tiktok and Twitter are the primary social medias now. Whenever I browse old LJs dedicated to lolita there is always discussion going on about the fashion but those kinds of discussions are impossible to have now since social media is visual now. I also hate how jfashion is about expanding your collection as fast as possible so people end up buying cheap fugly clothes from dodgy websites.
Children also just seems more prevalent in jfashion and cosplay.
I remember growing up and looking at lolita and cosplay pics and it just looked like so much fun and authentic. I couldn't wait to grow up and make money and be part of the hobbies but now it's just about becoming an influencer. I will never forgive social media for becoming a place where you could profit of your hobby. it has made the internetless fun. I will never forgove the morons who supported youtubers/influencers/lets players/etc in making money for their ~content~.
I know I'm probably romantizing a bygone era of jfashion and making it sound better than it is. I know that I sound insane for sperging about being born in the wrong generation

>> No.10811711

>>10811709
I feel the same anon, except that I was a teen in the 00s and 10s. But the internet is still shit now.
I'm trying to get more into neocities and reading blogs and shit again and just avoid social media. Be the change you want to see.

>> No.10811715

>>10811709
I feel this way except I was (like >>10811711) a teen in the 00s and 10s, except I didn't have money for the hobby then. Now i have money to participate but its so much harder to enjoy the community

>> No.10811748

>>10811671
>>10811672
Similar thing happened to me but with Proxy Rabbit. They kept messing up my address and resent my package but sent it via sea mail instead of the EMS I originally paid for.

As for JPshopping, I have used them for several years and their customer service went to shit this year. They used to be very chill and would hold items for a long time, especially with their long term customers. They would happily quote you on shipping before you requested to pack and would be okay with changing the address or method at the last minute. This year they basically have been telling everyone to go fuck themselves and refuse to quote you on shipping costs until you ‘pack’ and pick a shipping method you can’t change later on.

I’m not sure what happened but Japan doesn’t have good customer service overall regardless.

>> No.10811760

>>10810747
Another Buenos Aires anon? Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen any here. I seem to recall a Yukai Fest, I'm pretty sure I went once. But it must had been ages ago, I haven't touched anything anime related for close to a decade =/

Has there ever been another lolita section at an anime con? I remember being at one... feels like an eternity ago. Fun times. Someone, not another lolita, an outsider, stole some kind of headdress/crown that was meant as a prize for best coord or something. There was a little investigation but the culprit was never found.

This lolita section was intended as a demonstration for normies, with a tea party and everything. Now that I remember I think there were also issues with the catering not arriving on time, lol.

But in the end the stuff was good, we had fun (I had fun at least), and a couple of normies got introduced to lolita. It was an organizational nightmare for the ppl behind the event, aside the stealing, and never lolita and anime cons met paths again. That I know of that is.

>>10811160
I spent non-stop on lolita for 4 years. There came a time when I had so much stuff, that I naturally stopped spending and looked at other things. Now I just buy something here and there, or stuff strictly necessary to finish a coord (accessories, socks, small things). Ofc, that didn't stop me for shifting focus to fabric. I started buying print fabric and I now have meters and meters of fabric to make my own dresses/commission. Fabric alone is much cheaper at least, so it's not much of an issue. I'm saving it for a rainy day.

>>10811672
For Japan I've always used Blackship (formerly White Rabbit). I haven't used them for a while now, but they've always been wonderful.

>> No.10811761

>>10811709
Same. Kinda. I *was* a teen during the 00s, but I was a complete fucking retarded dork. I didn't discover lolita, fashion, and the things I now love till much later. And by that time the internet was already becoming a cesspool. I got into lolita during the very last days of forums, LJs and cozy communities. And from there, mid 2010s, it went downhill extremely fast.

With lolita is kinda sad, since you're not going to meet one in your neighborhood and internet is a pretty vital tool to meet ppl with non-normie tastes.

The whole internet now, not just lolita related, is a complete and utter cancer. It was doomed with the advent of the smartphone. Back when you needed to sat down in front of a computer and actually dedicate time to navigate the internet, that weeded most of the retards out. Now, when everyone and their dog has a stupid phone and can shitpost while taking a dump, the doors are open for all the brainless crap. And ofc, with the hordes of morons comes the commercialization of everything and the dumpster fire grows to become hell itself.

>> No.10811764

I really need to get this off my chest nonnies. When I was a teenager, before I even knew what EGL was, I had this degenerate bf who was into all sorts of weird kinky shit. He influenced me a ton, and eventually this led to us having this gross DDLG-esque relationship. (Of course, I didn’t understand how fucked age regression/DDLG was at the time). I started wearing lolita a lot later on, but it still haunts me to this day. It’s been years, but I still feel so guilty. Don’t get me wrong, I love to bully age regressors KEK - but whenever I do, I’m always just reminded of my own horrible past. This is the first time I’ve told anyone. I’ve been bottling up these feelings of deep shame for years now and I don’t know if I can take it any longer. I just feel so awful about it.

>> No.10811769

>>10811761
I was in my early teens back in the 10's and I wasn't allowed to have a job so I couldn't really participate in lolita. I didn't even have a smartphone at the time so the first thing I would do when coming home from school was to lurk on LJ on my computer. This was around that time where LJ was dying and people where immigrating to Tumblr. There also used to be a jfashion forum dedicated to my country but they also started immigrating to Facebook around this time. Nostalgia is a bitch and I just wanna go back to those days where I was lurking forums

>> No.10811782

>>10811760
>Blackship (formerly White Rabbit)
I thought White Rabbit became Japan Rabbit and I looked it up and we're both right? Wonder why they split into two separate companies...

>> No.10811783

>>10811764
I guess this ex boyfriend of yours exploited your innocence and lack of experience for his own benefit, fuck that bastard.

At the end of the day, you didn't do anything horrible, ddlg is weird and problematic and people who engage in this fetish seem to have a hard time not involving others in it which is absolutely not ok, but you didn't really engage in an activity that harmed anyone but yourself by not respecting your own boundaries at a time you didn't know these boundaries too well, free yourself from the guilty, you did nothing wrong.

>> No.10811809

>hit it off with guy at con
>later that night match him while scrolling through tinder
>chat a bit to confirm it's him
>tell him to come to my hotel room
>he blocks me
WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO WRONG

>> No.10811811

>>10809450

Im 32 and i still cosplay. Just get really fit and shredded

>> No.10811813

>>10811811
Ok groomer

>> No.10811815

>>10811813

It's not my fault if women come up to me to take pics and get my ig. Ive been watching anime since escaflowne was on tv and im not gonna stop now

>> No.10811833

>>10811815
You’re too old for them, creep. Stop pretending you don’t understand power imbalances.

>> No.10811835

>>10811833

Dont care nigga. If they are legal, no reason for me to say no

>> No.10811838

>>10811835
Ok groomer

>> No.10811840

>tfw too fat for lolita, bad eye at coording, poorfag
I'm nearing 30 and I have wanted to wear lolita since high school but it seems it is too late? How can I force myself to not eat.

>> No.10811846

>>10811840
It's not too late.
If you are enough of a poorfag that buying lolita would take from your basic necessities, I wouldn't recommend getting into the fashion, but bad eye at coording is something you unlearn over time and being fat doesn't stop you from looking good in lolita it doesn't matter what CGL tells you, just find clothing that fits you while maintaining the sillouette and you will be fine.
Loose weight if you want to, if you are too overweight or obese it will be good for your health, but not by starving yourself, there are better ways to do it that will take longer, but have better results you will be able to maintain, crash diets will only make you gain all the weight back and more.
Good luck and hope you will be a part of the lolita community.

>> No.10811915

I’m so fucking autistic that I don’t know if I’m sad that I’m being broken up with or losing part of my routine

>> No.10811916

>>10811840
>How can I force myself to not eat.
drink lots of coffee and water, measure out proper portions, count your calories

>> No.10811940
File: 33 KB, 491x359, load size.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>when you're sensitive and you're in the middle of the convention
>you ask to take a picture with a spider gwen while you're with a hero costume that everyone knows too
>she hugs you for the picture you're taking with her

Was hard to keep an innocent smile, oof. And to think it wasn't those Chinese printed suits, it was sewn customized and whatnot. What a nice butt she had. At least she's following me on Instagram now.

>> No.10811942
File: 89 KB, 607x607, 29RAigFP2yQ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Last weekend I walked an entire convention for 8 hours. With breaks, sure, but my feet was literally dead. Both costumes I wore on each day had boots, so, you can imagine. But it was so fun. Even got to make some friends who are girls, met other friends too, stuff was great.

>> No.10811947

>>10811940
Get that Gwen bro

>> No.10811961

>>10811840
don't starve yourself, you'll get huge once you start eating again. caloric deficit and intermittent fasting. If you need a really low calorie snack, eat popcorn. takes up a lot of space in your stomach but has very little calories. no butter, add salt and some sort of oil if you want flavor.

>> No.10811994

>>10811942
Uh oh.. the tranny won’t like that meme!

>> No.10812094

>>10809459
Holy SHIT it's an oldfag
Consider making the blog under a pseudonym

>> No.10812161

There is a perma-ita lolcow in an extremely niche hobby I'm into. I can't name said hobby because if I did it would be immediately obvious who she is. Despite her cringy online behavior though, she is a well respected figure in said hobby and everyone always talks about how great her work is (which I will admit it is. She is knowledgeable and skilled at her craft even if as a person I find her insufferable). What irritates me though is what she wears 99% of the time isn't lolita at all (even though she often wears pieces from lolita brands) but I think she's been telling people it is because several people in this niche hobby I've talked to have described her style as "lolita". I literally haven't attended any events for this hobby because I don't want to run into her

>> No.10812162

>>10812161
Can't you simply ignore her?

>> No.10812166

>>10811915
If you're asking yourself that question I think you're probably sad for the break-up

>> No.10812174

>>10812162
No because she's possibly the highest profile practitioner of this hobby (she has a large social media presence and over 400k followers on one platform) to the point where she has attracted a substantial following made up mostly of people outside this hobby and has even had articles on legit news websites written about her. She is part of my region's group for said hobby so any events would include her.

>> No.10812183

>>10812174
Sheesh that sucks. Now we really need the tea tho

>> No.10812186

>>10812161
post her in the ita thread
if she's really so high profile and has articles about her just pick a picture from said articles, it couldve been anyone who stumbled upon it

>> No.10812190

>>10812166
I'll let you in on a secret one tism to another. You'll probably feel the latter at first, the actual heartache catches up 6mos down the road.

>> No.10812192

>>10809492
all transphobes kys challenge

>> No.10812195

>>10812192
we all know you will before 30

>> No.10812196

>>10812195
you're the prettiest girl on the entire planet and i love you with all of my heart. thank you for always hanging out with me and being my best friend. you will always make me the proudest and happiest person to ever live just by being you

>> No.10812198

>>10812183
There isn't really any tea, she's just cringy and annoying. If you're familiar with what libfem/"subversive kawaii" Tumblr looked like in 2013, she's basically the pinnacle of that. The thing about her that grinds my gears the most is the fact that she's straight married and calls herself a femme which is rich considering how much she pats herself on the back for being an ally. I just hate that she's the most high profile person for this very niche hobby and she's this annoying.
>>10812186
I haven't felt the need to post her in the ita thread only because she doesn't actually tag her posts as lolita, egl, etc. The reason I believe she's describing her style as lolita (privately, not on social media) to others in this hobby is because those I've spoken to who have described her style as lolita are elderly women who are complete normies that I highly doubt would know about lolita otherwise. Like these are old ladies who don't even use the internet very much.

>> No.10812200

>>10812192
41% yourself

>> No.10812205

not if we get rid of transphobes first :)

>> No.10812244

My feelings are reality because I have to live with them.

>> No.10812262

>>10812244
Stop talking to yourself and take your meds schizo-chan

>> No.10812277

Prices have really spiked on the secondhand market for my substyle. I don't mind paying original prices for items in pristine condition which have not been re-released for a long time, but I've noticed people and secondhand shops pricing their items more than retail. I can afford to pay, but I don't want to out of principle, I would rather this money goes to supporting the brands who are making these clothes in the first place. I love shopping secondhand, but it is getting increasingly painful to do so.

>> No.10812300

>>10811783
Thanks anon, I appreciate it! I guess it’s just hard to look at it that way after it’s been something I’ve tried to repress for so many years. I’ll try my best to rid myself of guilt. Although I will say, it sure doesn’t help that I’m a sweet lolita KEK

>> No.10812328

that satisfying feeling when ive larped for years in the vetted server™. pretending to be their friend, gaining their trust, they all know me and still trust me and im still in there kek. giving them some time to finish damage control and restructure, but theres a lot more milk that ill spilling soon. stay tuned.

>> No.10812373

>>10812328
So brave wow, expose that discord honey.

Imagine putting that much effort into shit no one will ever care about.

>> No.10812381

>>10812373
nta, but the community does infact, care. the messaging you're running is like you're from said discord. sorry honey, but we don't actually like people who harass others.

>> No.10812402

>>10812381
I genuinely have no idea what you are even talking about? Is there some 30 page chat log dump I have to read to understand? If so, no sane person is going to care.

>> No.10812407

>>10812402
imagine thinking lolitas are sane

>> No.10812408

>>10812402
>I genuinely have no idea what you are even talking about
>chat log dump

Kek you totally know what op is talking about.

>> No.10812410

I feel like I want nothing to do with the western lolita community anymore. Targeted online harassment, stalking, covert psychopathy, reactionary bullshit - it's just getting worse as the years go by. The only reason I've stuck around at all is because I'm paranoid that I will be reposted, ridiculed or stalked in some way. I don't want to sound bitter but I think I would be better off alone. Or 6ft underground. Life just doesn't feel worth living in general. I'm so tired.

>> No.10812411

>>10812408
I assume that giant mentor discord leak thing? That thing is giant, like someone make a summarized version and maybe I’ll care. Don’t want to scroll through that for days or scroll through pages and pages of lolcow threads to try and find the actual dirt on people I’ve probably never heard of.

I’ve come from communities where people are calling out sexual assault every other week, some discord logs of people being catty or whatever isn’t that interesting.

>> No.10812412

>>10812410

I don't deal with a lot of the lolita community anymore except for my friends, who are very close and who I share more with than just lolita. Hell, even my normie friends are much nicer about my weird fucking hobbies than the western community, especially where I am. I'd advise you to focus on cultivating a few close friendships instead of trying to be friends in such a toxic community.

>> No.10812416

>>10812412
You're right. That's the same conclusion I've decided for myself. It's just a shame. I wish I had been smarter and done exactly that from the very start. I feel like a fool.

>> No.10812417

>>10812411
Stop letting troons and sissies in your comm. Problem solved.

>> No.10812427

>>10812410
I can say I'm so sad to know this is how people feel. I'm an old enough hag to have nice memories of comms when I was younger, we had such good times together. There was a little gossiping of course but it wasn't nearly as mean spirited and vicious then. The memories give me hope, but I can tell that new comms have an air of paranoia these days and few people totally relax. It makes me sad. I can almost see the air in a room deflate, and the weight of anything you say is heavier just because people are worried you are secretly feeling mean towards them. But i had hoped it was just social anxiety on my part. Hopefully we all move past this and try to just... Idk be smarter, behave better

>> No.10812433

>>10812410
You're not alone. I've been feeling this way for a while and that discord leak has come at the perfect time to make me feel even worse about the state of the western community. I love my wardrobe and am still going to wear it, but I've been feeling so burnt out and miserable I really want to get as far away from the community as I can get. I don't even want to call myself a lolita anymore. I just want to delete everything and crawl in a hole and die.

The only reason I haven't deleted everything is fear that my few friends will forget I exist if I'm not super active, but maybe that's not a good enough reason and I just need to make more of an effort with them. I just don't want them to think I'm annoying.

>> No.10812436

I hate fat people
I hate them so much
Why do I live in Texas? Everyone is just so god damn fat here.

God damn fatties are the worst.
There should be mandatory fines and jail time until people reach a reasonable size.

>> No.10812444

>>10812436
Gonna need to escape the country to get away from that lol.

Go to Japan they have a fat tax or something.

>> No.10812446

>>10812433
Wow, I’ve been feeling the exact same way. I don’t know who I can trust anymore in this community - I used to think that having lolita friends would be my one-way ticket to happiness, but now that I’ve witnessed how truly toxic most lolitas are I’m not sure I want to be associated with them at all. It’s hard to even wear the fashion right now. I hope my love for it comes back.

>> No.10812454

>>10812433
This sums it up pretty much. Same.

>> No.10812455

>>10812436
The best part of being a fatlita is triggering people like you. Stay mad, skinny.

>> No.10812461

>>10812446
Ayrt, I know exactly what you mean. I stupidly used to think that if I joined a comm I'd instantly have all these friends and it would solve all my problems. In reality I now just have a bunch of casual acquaintances who I'm not sure if I can trust. And now I'm so paranoid I can't stop worrying that even the lolitas I consider my friends might secretly hate me or not trust me.

>It’s hard to even wear the fashion right now. I hope my love for it comes back.
I was a lonelita long before I joined a comm so I've luckily been able to separate my love for the clothes from my shitty experiences with the community, but if you've always had that association between being in a comm and wearing the fashion I totally understand why you'd be struggling with this. All I can suggest is to not put too much pressure on yourself. You can try and think about what attracted you to the fashion in the first place or how wearing it made you feel if you think that might reignite your love for it. It also might just naturally come back over time once the dust has settled. Though it's hard at the moment you really shouldn't let the shitty people in the community take your love for lolita away from you.

>> No.10812462

>>10812410
I've felt this way for awhile, and just made peace with being a lonelita and only engaging with parts of the community I like. There are so many ways to enjoy lolita fashion while limiting your interaction with the dumpster fire of the western community. I did find some cool people through cgl friend finder though.

>> No.10812463

>>10812461
I agree so much with your last point, at the end of the day we all love the fashion regardless of others and no one can have the power to take that away.

Honestly my comm hasn't discussed it at all. It's like a ghost town right now. People are trying to carry on and act like it's not happening, but I almost feel it would clear the air if we discussed it openly. Unfortunately, they don't know me that well so I don't think I can do it. No one in my comms was in that group to my knowledge, but even so. I want to eradicate that feeling of fear.

>> No.10812467

>>10812463
I'm not sure if my comm has discussed it since I was already halfway out the door and lessening contact with most of them when this happened. Afaik no one in my comm was in that group either, but some of the members were getting gossiped about so it's probably affected everyone's trust in each other. Part of me wants to bring it up privately with my friends so I could clear the air and talk about it with someone but I also feel like I should maybe keep everyone at arm's length right now.

>> No.10812469

>>10812463
What is there to discuss? I’m will to bet 90% of people would have no idea what you are talking about. Most people aren’t reading lolcow thread or text dumps.

>> No.10812471

>>10812469
Hell to add onto this the mentorship server is just carrying on like nothing happened. No one cares except a very tiny circle of people.

If it’s not being discussed on Facebook groups, instagram, YouTube, discord severs, or Reddit, it didn’t happen.

>> No.10812473

>>10812436
Go to therapy? It isn't normal to care so much about other people appearance

>> No.10812478

>>10812471
That's a total relief. Makes me feel encouraged to be more relaxed at meets.

>> No.10812479

>>10812473
I think it is normal to judge people appearances we are just being psyoped by ugly peoples to try and get us to not.

>> No.10812480

Tips not to be disappointed with your fellow lolitas is to run far away from wannabe famous and from people who are always talking shit about others, specially if they are talking shit about others to you without even knowing you very well. Normal people don't talk shit about others unprovoked, these people feed from drama and will involve you in it. Try to find common ground besides lolita with chill people who are at the comm to have fun dressing up and to socialize.

Most of us are chill, the unhinged ones are just too loud and sometimes get to mod because they are power hungry and no one wants to go through the trouble of challenging them.

>> No.10812481

>>10812479
Yes, it is normal to judge people appearance.
What isn't normal to hate and wish bad things on them based on your judgement instead of just accepting some people are ugly.

>> No.10812482

>>10812480
Tips to not be disappointed:
Don’t engage.

I haven’t honestly been to that many meets but the ones I have, were filled with ita and sketchy people. Also for some reason my local comm plans a lot of middle of the day or early evening meetups. Like dude I have work during normal hours.

>> No.10812495

>>10812463
Are we in the same comm nonny? Nobody’s said anything in mine either. It feels odd, you’d think the moderators would’ve atleast made an announcement by now.

>> No.10812505

>>10812495

I don't think anybody is going to address it in public, much less mods. My friends and I are talking about it but I haven't seen anything other than cryptic messaging from other lolitas. And it wouldn't really benefit the mods to admit that they heard about this as it may implicate them with unsavory characters. In the end it's going to get buried like every other drama and lead to more coldness in the comm.

>> No.10812511

>>10812410
are you me? I made the mistake of being friends with someone who the new mod wanted to make part of her group of cronies. she flipped the whole comm against me and I just bounced. However this is the straw that broke the camel’s back- I had been vaguely stalked, talked shit about, taken advantage of for free rides, etc. I’m ready to call it quits.

>> No.10812518

>>10812505
Honestly I’m probably missing something, but nothing I can across seemed that noteworthy? It just seem like people being mildly catty from the screen grabs i saw.

If there was something actually serious like sexual assault or racism or something people aren’t doing a very good job of putting that stuff up front.

The only place that seems to be discussing it public is the farms but like most people aren’t going to take the time to sort through their long ass threads to find the actual milk.

Again maybe I’m missing something obvious but I’m not getting the hype over this leak. Just people gossiping behind closed doors, truly shocking behavior.

>> No.10812529

>>10812481
It is when over half the people in your city are bigger than cows.
Fat people are a plague. And the normalization of fat is disgusting. Nothing pisses me off more than girls calling themselves "average" or even worse "curvy petite" when they have gigantic fat rolls falling over their skirt

>> No.10812534

>>10812505
I'm so sick of this attitude. I get that there's no way to prove someone's behavior on an anonymous board, but it's not like you can control that it exists. You can't assume people are insulting others just because people admit to visiting it. Keeping it taboo just makes trust even harder.

>> No.10812548

>>10812529
Please get some help. You're shitting up 2 threads with your mental illness.

>> No.10812551

>>10812518
There is a ton noteworthy, it's just a lot of information. Also if you're particularly involved in a community and not a lonelita, then likelihood is they have talked about you so for a lot of people it's worth it to check for their username of them talking shit. Something noteworthy is they are caught talking shit about the people they mentor.

However, the admin got caught saying racist stuff in the chat.

>> No.10812565

>>10812551
Ok I'm a retard and so out of the loop but are these the same people that run the mentoring group on Facebook?

>> No.10812570

>>10812551
I didn’t see the racism so it didn’t happen.

>> No.10812588

>>10812518
> It just seem like people being mildly catty
That's all it is. And people like >>10812551 trying to paint them as the devil incarnate despite coming to sites like these and doing the same exact thing kek

>> No.10812591

>>10812529
If they are bigger than a cow or whatever it's their problem, they are the ones facing the consequences, not you. Again, it isn't normal to be so invested in something that doesn't make a difference in your life, seek therapy.

>> No.10812598

>>10812591
It does make a difference though. They drive up health insurance costs. They are driving climate change with eating so fucking much. They are driving the zeitgeist with their demands to be seen as healthy and included in everything. So yeah they do affect regular people.

>> No.10812611

>>10812588

Nice downplay anon. Were you one of the people throwing around the n word with the hard r? Or were you the one posting your own mentees and making fun of them?

>Ur all the same!111

I don't post my friends or people who ask me for advice here, speak for yourself.

>> No.10812612

>>10812611
You come here to partake in community drama and gossip just like everyone else but sure you're better than them because you say "retard" instead of the n word. Get over yourself.

>> No.10812613

>>10812611
So I just looked though the text and searched for nigger and every single occurrence was discussing the word itself from what I can tell, or shitting on image boards for using the word.

None of it seemed to be anyone using the word itself.

Feel free to prove me wrong but this sounds like some clip chimping shit.

>> No.10812614

can we stop responding to wks? we already know that most lolitas browse 4chan and lolcow and just pretend they don't to save face. most jfash communities are full of two-faced fake people. it's not really a new occurrence, so anyone claiming otherwise is just wking.

>> No.10812616

>>10812613
Don't bother. They're incapable of critical thinking skills. Saying it even within the context of a discussion on why it's bad apparently makes you racist now.

>> No.10812625

>>10812612

Your defense is so bizarre. Is this what you tell yourself to feel better?

>>10812613
Oh oops my bad just an unhinged member who uses the word liberally on public websites. Good job not tolerating those sorts of people I guess.

>> No.10812629

>>10812625
There is nothing wrong with using the word if you are just referencing it. Like I wouldn’t use it as an insult but if I need to reference it I’m not going to cower like it summon the devil when said.

>> No.10812635

>>10812625
Of course you can't tell the difference and think anyone that says it regardless of context is bad.

>> No.10812636

>>10812625
>Your defense is so bizarre
I'll make it more simple for you since you're dumb: you're posting in a drama thread, spreading drama, and have the audacity to be mad others do the same thing you're doing right now

>> No.10812639

>>10812612
NTA, but just because you're a newfag doesn't mean we're all newfags. This website is absolutely NOT a drama website or gossip website, you're just a fucking retarded newfag

gb2 btb, gtfoegl, lolitasecrets, LCF, whatever the fuck else you frequent because /cgl/ has never been and never will be A GOSSIP/DRAMA WEBSITE JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE 1 ITA THREAD.
>it's the same111!!
no, talking shit on people endlessly for clout is not the same

>> No.10812640

>>10812636
>drama thread
oh no, it's 150% retarded.

>> No.10812643

>>10812639
You either have memory problems or just haven't been here for the past 15+ years if you're really out here saying cgl isn't a gossip/drama website and it's not because of the ita thread that I say this.

>> No.10812644

>>10812639
How dare you disrespect the history of our glorious Queen like this.

>> No.10812647

>>10812643
Oh, are you talking about all the COSPLAYERS that are now redirected to LCF? No. This board is not solely and never has been solely specifically about drama and if you think that this is the case, then you're just larping about knowing the history of the board. Sorry. You're not going to change the mind of someone who has been on here since pre-lolitas using it.

>> No.10812649

>>10812643
Quite literally the cancer that killed this board.

>> No.10812650

>>10812647
It wasn't just cosplayer drama being posted and cgl has always been both cosplay and egl. There was never a "pre-lolitas" period.

>>10812649
Drama has been on cgl since day one. If you're saying it killed the board then it's been dead since the beginning.

>> No.10812679

>>10812650
> There was never a "pre-lolitas" period.
Larper

>> No.10812682

>>10812679
there literally wasn't

>> No.10812686

>>10812679
April 8th, 2006 - new board added. /cgl/ - Cosplay and EGL. We've been paired together since day 1. There was never a period of time where that was not the case. There was never a "pre-lolitas" period. You....DOUBLE LARPER

>> No.10812689

>>10812686
fucking THANK YOU. i am so sick of these idiots. bet they think the GL was added in 08 or whatever they claimed before.

>> No.10812690

>>10812689
Easily searchable information. Sure, /cgl/ was not created solely for drama but that was a VAST majority of its content. As the lolita community was still on egl, in the beginning it was more about cosplay drama, but it is straight up wrong to act like tons of lolita drama and gossip did not get created or spread here. Dunno why other "anons" (let's be real, it's one person doubleposting) are trying to rewrite a history I was *actively* here for, witnessed, and participated in.

>> No.10812692

>>10812690
*As the lolita community was still on egl live journal
my bad

>> No.10812695
File: 17 KB, 256x256, dwafawfwa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10809403
A Amphdytozkewic is simply a mix between a Cetataing, which is a Wendigo_Lemur-Cat with the various mixings of Cybernetic Amphidemon, Cyborg, and Octopus mixxings. A inhistorical self-interested monster which operates in tribes of various people. 6 Tentacles protruding from the lumbar spice, a robotic-skull, oozing out black from 4 eyes, pitch black with a red-purple glow. Tail mixed with a amphibian fin, glowing in the dark, pink, neon sky-blue. 3 floating orbs floating around controlled by the computer system of the Amphdytozkewic.

>> No.10812737

I’m upset by the fact most people are losers.

>> No.10812754

When you hear critique like "Moitie must be using cuts with low poof because of rising fabric costs" and "why is VM releasing clothes with such an ugly khaki green, who even asked for that", it really makes it salient that gulls know very little about lolita.

>> No.10812757

>>10812754
whenever i see posts like yours i know you're a newfag

>> No.10812760

>>10812757
no u

>> No.10812772

I've been feeling a lot better mentally lately and it's so fun being able to indulge in my hobby without getting carried away by my need to self-destruct (that I don't have anymore). I am also starting to lose the weight I gained with the hard lockdowns, and I'm actually working out for real for the first time in my life and it feels so good! I had no idea it would feel like this! Not only I will be able to get back into my burando soon, but I will still be doing it anyway because I like it.
I'm finally healthy again, I'm finally free to enjoy things.

>> No.10812777

>>10812772
Good deal, Anon! I hope you continue to achieve your goals.

>> No.10812778

Moved states and forgot all my petticoats were in storage at the old location. Now all I have are a bunch of dresses with no poof to go underneath. Guess it's casual coords for me or no lolita wearing at all for a little while until I can acquire new ones.

>> No.10812793

>>10812737
I'm upset that fat people still exist in 2022 instead of being locked up in fat camps.

It wouldn't even be hard to manage. Just create a building with tiny doors and air drop the fatties inside. Either they eat each other and stay inside forever or they lose enough weight to fit through the doors.

>> No.10812794

tired of the pandemic fog. I want to go back to normal life.

>> No.10812795

>>10812686
>>10812689
spoken like larpers. there were no lolita posts in 06 - 08. and if you think constant Miyu shit posting was drama, then I have news for you.

It came out that she was the one posting herself and quite literally no one else knew who she was, outside of this board. So no, you're just a fucking larpfag. If you checked the board 1 day out of the many years, it doesn't constitute as knowing board culture btw, newfag.

>> No.10812796

>>10812795
>If you checked the board 1 day out of the many years, it doesn't constitute as knowing board culture btw, newfag.
This. I get the feeling someone got posted to an ita thread and then labeled the board as "drama/gossip" when the entire ass board was more than that. This is literally the narrative that fucking killed it, because it drew in NEWFAGS that thought this was the board culture when it wasn't.

>> No.10812798
File: 46 KB, 1058x196, Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 4.49.11 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10812795
>there were no lolita posts in 06 - 08
Factually wrong. Like I said, the western lolita community was still primarily staying on egl livejournal but people did post about lolita here even back then. Have a post from fucking 2007 about lolita drama/gossip.

>if you think constant Miyu shit posting was drama
Wasn't just about her and wasn't just about cosplayer drama. Stop trying to rewrite history.

>> No.10812801

>>10812798
Yeah, but that hardly counts as drama or gossip. Believing shit on 4chan is pretty newfaggy, anon, especially from that time period. I get the board is full of autistic retards with no concept of what 4chan is now, but those posts were hardly gossip or drama or even factually rooted in reality.

You should really note that the post is referencing something external to this board, so if you came on here just to post that then the only one you have to blame is yourself for turning this into a gossip/drama board.

>> No.10812806

>>10812801
Moving goalposts. "There was a pre-lolita time", "No lolitas posted 06-08", "This hardly counts as drama". Despite being wrong multiple times you're still acting like you know anything. Yawn. Those of us who were there know what it was like.

>> No.10812813

>>10812778
Buy one of the ww ones, they're pretty good if in stock. You can always use a new color or length

>> No.10812814

>>10812801
you're so new

>> No.10812825

>>10812806
Anon, the likelihood of you being there is slim to none unless you were a cosplayer. Keep on larping, though.

>> No.10812827

I lost my beloved cat today and I'm taking it really hard. Please hug your pets and love them. They are so precious.

>> No.10812828

>>10812825
nta but i'm a 35 year old and was here since the board came to be. oldfags are lurking.

>> No.10812837

>>10812737
Somehow I doubt you're a winner yourself

>> No.10812839

>>10812825
Bruh cosplayers and lolitas overlapped hugely back then. I'm nayrt but I got started in cosplay and moved to egl around that time, wasn't on this board though

>> No.10812862

>>10812598
And yet you are not going on anonymous forums to vent to strangers about how much you hate smokers and drinkers and how they should get jail time

>> No.10812865

how do I make weeaboo friends without being weird/creepy?

>> No.10812901

I'm at a con and it's even more proof that cons are unfun and not for me. It actually started better than expected yesterday, I interacted with some people, but today I've been almost all by myself, it's boring and lonely and I'm probably the only person at this con who's so unlikeable that no one wants anything to do with them, it looks like everyone else has someone to talk to.
I don't know how many cons it's been since I actually had a good experience. It's been some that have been okay but overall this all seems like a huge waste of money. This sucks.

>> No.10812922

>>10812901
I don't think having a hard time interacting with people at cons makes you unlikeable!

>> No.10812938

>>10812827
It's hard to find the words for how saddened I was to learn about your loss. Your cat was an incredible cat. You have my condolences. I’m thinking of you and your family during this time.

>> No.10812941

>>10812938
says the piece of shit who has inside outside cats. i hope you know your cats will disappear forever when they die. nasty bitch.

>> No.10812945

>>10812941
they not inside outside cats. they outside outside cats bruh

>> No.10812955

>>10812865
Hang out at your local round1 if you have one. At the one near me I see people wear lolita pretty often and have seen people cosplaying before as well.

As for how to make actual friends? Idk but that’s were weebs hang out.

>> No.10812959

I stopped wearing lolita due to body image issues, sold off most of my wardrobe, and now that I've resolved my body issues and feel confident in my body, I don't really WANT to wear it anymore, which sort of makes me sad that I finally have the confidence to wear it but just don't feel the joy about it anymore. I still have a lot of j fash pieces in my wardrobe but over the past few years I've been transitioning to something more ""wearable"" and casual by mixing my j fash pieces with vintage, secondhand designer, and normie stuff. Maybe I'm just old.

>> No.10812998

>>10812901
Invite someone to go with you next time, people go to cons in groups and it's hard to have more exchange with strangers than a brief conversation

>> No.10813003

>>10812945
You shouldn't own cats at all

>> No.10813015

I have become more and more convinced the universe is trying to tell me I should just accept being a lonelita and stop trying to be a part of any community or make lolita friends. I was so lucky the first time I joined a comm that was filled with nice people, despite the drama. Now that I left and moved somewhere else, all my attempts have been pointless. I can’t meet anyone genuine, and the comms seem full of immature, broke, and flaky people.

>> No.10813016

>>10813015
Unfortunately that’s most communities of any kind in general.

>> No.10813020

>>10813016
how does anyone make friends then? I’m so isolated and way too young to make friends with coworkers and way too old to make friends with young adults who would be more open to new friendships

>> No.10813026

>>10813020
you have to learn how to deal with peoples faults. thats just how things are. not saying you should be friends with toxic people and just learn how to deal with it but you gotta understand that not everyone is perfect.
youre not perfect yourself which im guessing you think you are since youre putting this imaginary high standard when it comes to making friends.

>way too old to make friends with young adults who would be more open to new friendships
its funny you mention that because it sounds like youre not an open person yourself if youre letting age get in the way like that.

>> No.10813029

>>10813020
You should try making friends outside of the lolita community- just because you both like lolita doesn’t mean you’ll get along. Also, discounting people because of their age will prevent you from making a lot of good connections. I’m 23 and my best friends are around my age, but my friend group consists of 20s-30s with some 40 year olds. Try to be more open minded and determine what your values are. You will generally attract people who are similar to you.

>> No.10813031

>>10813026
nta this is fucking awful advice, it's almost bait tier. it sounds like sheer projection on your part. anon, and literally everyone is allowed whatever standard they choose for whatever they want. who are you to assess anon's needs and limits? you're being a hypocrite and holding her to YOUR standards and insulting her based on some shitty assumption while simultaneously saying she shouldn't have her own high standards.

>> No.10813032

>>10813029
this however is spot on advice. thank fuck the board isn't full of entitled brats.

>> No.10813038

>>10813020
How old do you think is too old?

>> No.10813046

>>10813015
Relate so much to this, and it's downright depressing to realize that discord communities are currently the least shitty option available to me if I want to actually have a relatively productive conversation about the fashion. Sometimes threads here can be decent, but more often than not get derailed way too easily, and the other alternatives like reddit/fb are just complete shit. At this point I'm not even thinking about the friends aspect, I'd just like to have a chat about some things I like without all the associated baggage and drama that seems unavoidable now.

Anon, I sincerely hope that you're able to overcome your quandary, and you meet a few good, genuine, and fine lolita friends in the near future.

>> No.10813066

I will forever mourn the loss of deerstalker pictures lolita content as I know no one would invest so much time and money making content with the same quality simply because it's not worth it, we are never satisfied, always complaining and creating drama. No one sane wants to deal with us.

>> No.10813087
File: 97 KB, 506x600, 1441469542101.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just turned 31. My wife cheated on me. I'm leaving to find a new place to live. My life as I knew it is over. 10 years of loyalty and dedication tossed to the wind all. Because didn't focus on her enough. I don't know... I don't know what to do. I hate this feeling of being lost. I'm s good.looking guy. I was a good husband. I did things right. How did AI end up here? Drinkijg in a living room I won't be in here in a few days. I was content. I was happy. What did I do wrong.

>> No.10813088

>>10813087
You probably did nothing, se things are not up to us, shit happens.

You will be miserable for a while, will go through your mourning process and then you will figure things out, maybe even find a new and better love.

Hope you have friends and family to support you through this process because it won't be easy, but time will heal your broken heart.

>> No.10813089

>>10813003
I dont own them they're free to travel wherever they want

>> No.10813133

>>10813087
I guessit wasn't your fault
"Modern" woman, I guess

>> No.10813136
File: 61 KB, 700x985, am74qRd_700b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I was recently blocked on instagramm by a female cosplayer

No idea if she understoid what I meant with "send me 'you know what'" or not

And I meant feetpics, cause she cosplayed Okita

>> No.10813142

>>10813038
35+, at that point most people have kids, are married, and are firm in the idea that life is shit or some negative brainwashing that babies are all you need to fulfill your life. On the other hand, being friends with 18-23 is tricky, that age is filled with lots of immaturity/flaky behavior/lack of true life experiences

>> No.10813143

>>10813031
thank you! I just want people who won’t take advantage of me financially and that I can relate to. Too old for me is 35+ ngl, I’m active, childfree, and at a certain point age does get in the way of making good friends/beyond just being acquaintances.

>> No.10813144

>>10813046
I appreciate this, I hope the same for you. For the first time in my life, I feel like I’m back to the 15 year old me who was too self-conscious and begging for friends. I don’t like being like that and I’m working on overcoming my anger about the whole thing.

>> No.10813147

>>10813136
She obviously understood that you're a retard

>> No.10813167

>>10813031
lol cry more then, anon. welcome to life. your fragile way of thinking isnt going to get you anywhere.

>> No.10813172

I miss the lolita community before 2020. It wasnt perfect at all and there was a lot of crap but it was better than what it is now.

>> No.10813198

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRHBxhBW/
this genuinely made me depressed

>> No.10813200

>>10813198
the comments are so fucking sad, like please just let this kid live her life holy shit

>> No.10813203

>>10813198
I thank God every day I'm out of highschool. Comments from normies is one thing - getting pestered and bullied by classmates (with teachers doing jack-shit) is another. She's a senior so she'll get out soon, at least.

>> No.10813204

>>10813198
Proof that a majority of western men should be lined up and shot. The average male is lower IQ, lower EQ, and more incompetent than the average woman, and can’t make up for it with their physical abilities. If you’re unable to contribute to society via intelligence, strength, reproduction, or by being pleasant to be around, then just die.

>> No.10813205

>>10813198
If you wear lolita to your highschool, you deserve the purple heart

>> No.10813216

>>10813198
>>10813200
>>10813203
>>10813204
>>10813205
You can't just be a sperg in public and not expect it to go well. Also sorry about your dad not loving you >>10813204

>> No.10813217

>>10813216
My dad does love me, I have a wonderful relationship with my family and all of the men in my life. Sorry that you're a failmale and my post hit too close to home- a man who actually has any value whatsoever wouldn't have taken it personally. Do us all a favor and off yourself so you don't further pollute the gene pool.

>> No.10813223

>>10813198
I have to say, why would you wear Lolita to a public, dirty, dingy high school? Also people bully you for anything, I wore braids once and some asshole had the nerve to call me la chilendrina. Another time I bought a Studio Ghibli backpack and it came with a cute charm and some fuckers felt the need to steal it. Couldn’t have anything remotely cute.

>> No.10813235

>>10813198

This sucks but be careful throwing rocks in a glass house, etc. Some of you have the exact same mentality years out of high school.

>> No.10813261

>>10813217
You said the quiet part out loud by saying "men in my life" instead of husband. Anyways touch grass and you'll find out that most people are toxic and it has nothing to do with gender or race or whatever.

>> No.10813310

>>10813261
Did you know that most posters on this board are young women and, unlike you, aren’t worthless men who are at the age they should already be married or in long term relationships? Most people are on good terms with their friends’ significant others regardless of gender, and I’m in a LTR, but expecting me to be married at age 21 in the modern age is absolutely retarded. My apologies for expecting you to use your critical thinking skills instead of projecting your own insecurities and lack of meaningful relationships or connections at me. Continue living your life of cope and worthlessness, no other respectable moid or woman will ever respect you.

>> No.10813668

>>10813198
I feel bad, but I would not advise any young people to avoid display any of their hobbies or interests in high schools. The environment is so petty is toxic that even the grown adult teachers will start bullying you, kek. Wait at least until college so you can start bullying back saying that they peaked in high school, are stuck in high school, etc. Then when you graduate you can get a good talking to by a coworker telling your boss that you dress funny. Moral of the story is that you can't win, normies are scared of anything different and they band together.
>>10813203
>(with teachers doing jack-shit)
Why do people with such a vitriolic hate for children join fields of education? Reminds me of narcissists or damn near psychopaths becoming nurses, doctors or caseworkers. Why? kek

>> No.10813719

>>10813668
they get into easy or semi-easy positions of power that allow them to exact their power on people instantly. as a politician you do make these decisions but often don’t see/meet the people it impacts.

>> No.10813755

I'm disappointed the BtSSB thread died. I should have paid closer attention and bumped it in time.

>> No.10813878

>>10813755
a good thread dying over a bad one used to bring me joy

>> No.10813954

During the pandemic I was at a very bad place mentally and put on 35 pounds. I don't feel guilty for the pounds I've added since we were all suffering and honestly of all the things that could go wrong, gaining a bit of extra fat was ok and I was still at a healthy BMI, even if at the edge of becoming overweight.

Since things came back to normal I simply cannot loose the weight I've put on and for that I feel guilty. I don't fit most of my dresses and the ones I do fit are not that comfortable anymore. I don't feel as confident in my body as I used to be and even my face looks rounder. I tried going on diets a few times and I've lost some weight, but then gave up and gained it back. It's hard to keep consistent while studying and working and being the kind of person that stress eats. Also, in the meantime I became sick a lot because covid fucked up my immune system and everytime I got into a nice exercising routine I became sick again to the point of not being able to do even light exercise without my pressure dropping.

I know I'm full of excuses, but I don't know what to do at this point. Thought about accepting this is my new weight, but I don't want to, it's too close to overweight and I don't want to give up on my brand that took so long to be collected. I'm trying to go on a diet again, starting Monday, and would appreciate tips for being consistent.

The diets I go into are not crash diets and I'm not in a hurry to loose the weight, I just want to make constant progress instead of being stuck.

>> No.10813957

I've lost over 50lbs this year. I started out 2022 with a wardrobe of about 40 main pieces, but had about 10 on rotation that I'd been wearing for a few years. I'm now at the point where everything I own fits me. The things that don't fit are too big (sadly, my plus size meta items). I've been buying a lot more lolita recently since I have more options. I'm still not into partial shirring yet, but I will be soon! I remember when I first started this, looking at my measurements and thinking about how far I needed to go in order to fit my smallest items. Now I can wear them without any worry. I've lost an average of about 22cm off my measurements.

A whole slew of health issues cleared up since I drastically changed my diet. I've not had to focus on working out at all, but need to add that into my routine. My anxiety issues are gone, no depression, not even SAD seems to be effecting me like it normally would this time of year. I'm feeling great and amazing.

I'm hoping that by the 1 year mark (March 2023), I'll have lost 70-80lbs total.

>> No.10814049

i really want to lose weight. i’m not actually fat, my bmi is fine—i’m 5’4” and 125lbs, which i know to some of the anachans here think is fat but idc, they’re on the opposite end of the weight delusion spectrum, right across from fatty-chans who think they’re skinny queens.

anyway, i want to lose weight but i have arfid due to autism (lol) and shitty parenting. a lot of low-calorie and healthy foods are unfortunately stuff i can’t bring myself to eat yet. it’s gotten better over time but i still have a long ways to go.

thinking about doing cognitive behavioral therapy to work thru this. even if i lost the weight without completing a therapy program, i’d still be the weirdo who eats like a child among everyone i know. i want to enjoy the food other people do. unfortunately cbt is in high demand so i don’t know when i will be able to find an available therapist who works with arfid. this disorder is literally the lamest and stupidest shit imaginable, perhaps stupider than binge eating disorder, but it fucks with my life so much that i’m starting to fear being in my 30s and unable to eat normal food.

>> No.10814073

lots of weight related feels and we aint even hit thanksgiving yet

>> No.10814148

Women hate virgins

>> No.10814160

>>10814148
We don’t hate you, we just don’t want to fuck you. You may not see a difference but there is one.

>> No.10814164

>>10814160
are you kidding me? i’d love to pin down some cute 18yr old virgin boy. that’s hot asf.

>> No.10814166

>>10814164
>cute 18yr old
See, that's usually the problem.

>> No.10814169

>>10814166
true… but still, if women hate nonnie, he should remember it’s not because he’s a virgin, but probably because he’s unlikeable in some other way.

>> No.10814187
File: 69 KB, 379x387, toast2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10809403
>showing mom my con pics
>"You're friends with so many hot girls and still I'm not a grandma."

Wtf does this mean? Does she expect me to cum in my friends?

>> No.10814191

>>10814160
no you are openly hostile to them upon finding out about it
>>10814164
>>10814166
yeah as a domination fetish thing at best, no real respect behind

>> No.10814197

>>10814191
nobody hates you FOR being a virgin
this isn’t high school

>> No.10814203

>>10814197
This, it's a symptom, not the cause.

>> No.10814220

>>10814197
maybe not hate but people definitely think less of you for it
especially women

>> No.10814409

>>10814220
no theydont i love you nonnie :(

>> No.10814425

>>10814187
so cum in your friends

>> No.10814430

>>10814220
It depends on the reason why you are still a virgin

>> No.10814582

>>10814409
You shouldn’t
>>10814430
What are “good reasons”

>> No.10814714

>never been a poltard, just mildly "yeah the diversity meme isn't for me, but it's not hurting anyone so let them have it"
>start seeing how every new con has 5+ watchmojo tier "here's 5 black people in anime", "did you know there's black nerds??", or "here's 5 people I headcannon as gay" panels
>this starts taking away slots from panels I actually like, as there's less and less actually interesting panels at cons

this shit fucking blows. can they just relegate all of these retards to blerdcon or some other containment con?

>> No.10814745

> spend ten years of life huddled up as small as possible

> escape

> trying to relearn how to dance

> my coordination is gone and I feel and look like a fat, retarded baby

>> No.10814749

>>10812922
Thank you for the kind words. It's been a while since the con now, but I never got around to responding.
It's actually pretty bad. Most of the people I talked to were people I'd met before, but I felt that almost all of them kind of wanted the conversations to end pretty fast. I did spend some time with some people I didn't really know on Friday though, but they never interacted with me again after we part ways at the end of the evening.
What may have been the worst part about it is that it may have reminded me that people actually do dislike me. Recently, I'd started to develop a more positive, optimistic mindset, started thinking that maybe the reason I didn't have anyone to hang out with was that I didn't try hard enough, and that things could improve if I started talking to people more. But this con experience showed me that that was just delusional thought, I really am unlikeable and people do want to avoid me. So going to this con may have damaged a development that had been going on for a while, that while delusional, may still have not been such a bad thing.
On Sunday things got a bit better though, I exchanged a few words with some people I'd met before, and I had a pretty nice interaction with a stranger.

>>10812998
I have no one to invite, unless maybe you mean people with no interest in cons at all. The people I could invite have really different interests from me and they'd rather hang out with someone else. Maybe we'd travel there together, but we'd be separated at the con, they'd find a nice group to hang out with, and I'd be like I am when I go alone.
I don't really have many even of these people with interests in cons that I could invite.

Cons were better in the past, or maybe it's just that I'm not interested in any of the popular things anymore, but it used to happen quite often that I'd end up being invited to join a group.

>> No.10814813

>>10814187
Yes

>> No.10814814

>>10814164
Sorry
I'm 29
And not a virgin either
But I only fucked prostitutes so far

>> No.10815189

oh god oh god each person's truest love is only their highest thoughtform wait this isn't /x/

>> No.10815190

best moment highlight pay me $5 im your manager now
https://youtu.be/1K9dG6wLFAc?t=356

>> No.10815361
File: 164 KB, 548x548, mikupissed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey teenage girls of the anime con! You are TOO YOUNG to wear a bare ass with your costume! THANK YOU.

>> No.10815460

I wore gothic devil coord for a walk outside today evening too see if I spot anyone looking cool at halloween but not a single person wore a costume. Super lame, I hate living in small town out of nowhere.

>> No.10815637

>>10812795
Yeah no. You're wrong. I was there for all of that. Like that other anon said you can't rewrite history. I remember Miyu was one of the most famous cosplayers back then and she wasn't only known on /cgl/. We all used to talk about her a lot even on LJ because she was a hot mess and always had some kind of drama going on. I saw her at AX a few years in a row and everyone knew who she was. She was the Jnig of her day until she quit and Jnig replaced her. Back then /cgl/ was where all of us used to talk online so it reflected the cosplay community. We posted about all the cosplayers who had been famous in the community since the LJ days like Yaya, Alisa and Gchan. Kipi and Saya were posted a lot too if anyone remembers them. I know years later Miyu came out said she posted here but she couldn't have done all that herself so it was probably some kind of domino effect. That's how cosplayers went viral back then. I'm pretty sure the other girls we talked about were on here selfposting too but they'd never come out an admit it. IIRC pretty much all of the posts about Miyu were critical anyway and I actually felt bad for her even tho I also posted some of those comments. It was like the early version of lolcow.

We all know posting on /cgl/ is how people got famous back then because after Miyu other girls got famous by selfposting too. Mods also came out later and confirmed that both Jessica Nigri and Dakota Rose got famous by self-posting here. Jessica Nigri's first bf started posting her everywhere to make her Pikachu go viral and then Jnig started self-posting on /cgl/ too. PT might've been the only person at that time who didn't self-post her way into fame.

>> No.10815640

>>10815637
Same oldfag here I forgot to mention that there was definitely lolita on /cgl/ back then too. EGL threads were like 2 posts in 10 and most of the posts were cosplay but then there'd be a lolita thread mixed in there somewhere so >>10812798 is 100% correct. Yes /cgl/ was primarily cosplay until the board was given janitors and the "no singling out" rule was made.

WHY do guys think this board totally changed with the No Singling Out rule? I'll tell you why. ALL THE COSPLAYERS WERE SELFPOSTING. That's how they got cosplay famous. I think it became obvious when that rule was put into place.

It's like the cosplay community has forgotten about how Jnig did it. If that rule was removed I guarantee we'd see the same thing happen with a new generation of girls

>> No.10815909

>>10809403
Our comm president has another. fucking. yeast infection.

>> No.10815941

>>10815909
Lap it up for her

>> No.10816039

I wish I didn't have to leave my house ever again. These walls aren't a cage. They are a fortress.

>> No.10816044

I wish I was a normal

>> No.10816239

>>10816039
get a WFH job + grocery delivery. many of us in the US never have to leave our homes thanks to these things!