[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 41 KB, 270x594, 2a4172242759ee1b3780fc96e4b4f7b5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10721877 No.10721877 [Reply] [Original]

>> No.10721890

Yes.
/thread

>> No.10721892

Nah, not really. I'm sure there's some but I think it's just easy to call people jealous instead of engaging with their thoughts.

>> No.10721894

The only thing I'm jealous of are the girls that have a partner wearing the fashion too.

>> No.10721899

The only time I feel jealousy is when someone defeats me in a bid battle or got a release that I didn’t, because they got the thing I wanted. Other than that just happy feelings for other girls in the fashion owning their best stuff. I suppose girls who can’t afford as much feel a lot of jealousy at girls who can, sucks to be young and without income.

>> No.10721912 [DELETED] 

>>10721890
Fpbp

>> No.10721914

>>10721877
Yes and no. A lot of the girls in this community are lesbian or into the way other women look in egl, so jealousy wouldn't be the same.

There of course, still is some. But really, women are just catty regardless of jealousy

>> No.10721919

>>10721877
i think the most jealousy in lolita would come from trans,overweight or poor people

>> No.10721934

>>10721914
Men are catty bitches too desu.
>>10721919
Really just poor ones in my experience. Fatties with money will either eventually lose weight or buy 2 dresses to sew together. Trans people with money will have the funds to access things that he'll them pass more. Poor people can't even afford the dresses and call everything classist.
>>10721899
Same.

>> No.10721936

>>10721934
>Men are catty bitches too desu.
Trudat. Witness it pretty commonly in male dominated communities. Always seems like the trans or gay ones stirring the pot, though.

>> No.10721938

>>10721919
Don't forget tall-chans, they're always seething kek

>> No.10721955

There's a rare piece I've been search for years for and I know a girl who picked it up for cheap in ClosetChild when she was in Tokyo. I'm so jealous of her

>> No.10721961

>>10721919
Idk i think it's a pretty stupid stereotype that poor people are jealous. Unfulfilled wishes =\= jealousy. Nevertheless, plenty of poor people are satisfied with their lot, given their circumstances.

>> No.10721974

Maybe? I was thinking basically this>>10721919 and situations like this >>10721955 where old and rare dresses are not only difficult to find, but are also sold for absurd amounts. I can see people getting jealous of other people who not only find them but find them cheap.
I don't think I've ever been jealous because there's not much to be jealous about? For me anyway. I can understand maybe wanting someone's wardrobe but at the same time, I have most of the dresses I've ever wanted and they all fit me. Just had to be very patient for them to come up on sale.

>> No.10722127

>>10721877
Yes and it's always ugly girls with no money. Several itas in my comm brag about using cgl and word vomit about how much they hate the established girls.

>> No.10722133

>>10721936
This is so true, even in women dominated spaces those are the ones causing all the trouble.

I'd have to say I am envious of lolitas with very supportive family members and husbands who are not ashamed to walk down the street with them in full co-ord and offers to buy them brand. Kind of the dream desu.

>> No.10722145

im jealous of anyone who can actually do makeup. fuck these hand tremors to hell. just gotta focus on making my outfit coords extra good so nobody pays attention to my 3/10 face

>> No.10722146

>>10721877
I don't think so. When compared to other hobbies and niches where you have established regular competitions (cosplay, horse back riding etc.), EGL feels very comfy in terms of jealously.
I, for one, am happy that coord contests are not a thing around where I live.

However, jealous people do exist everywhere.

>> No.10722167

>>10721961
You're not wrong but this fashion seems to attract an annoying minority of jealous poor people who will not shut up about how everything is too expensive and how everyone who owns and likes brand is elitist. I know it sucks to not be able to afford everything you want straight away and seeing established lolitas with big closets feels bad when you're young and poor, but most who have nice wardrobes are just middle class with a little bit of disposable income and they've accumulated their closets over the course of many years.

Most poorlitas eventually do realise this and either leave the fashion for something with more instant gratification or they start working towards what they want. Only a small but vocal minority really stick to whining about how lolitas are all classist and elitist and most established lolitas just ignore them until they take the hint how annoying they are.

Same thing with fat lolitas. It's an annoying but vocal minority that reek of envy and most of us just ignore them because them not fitting into brand is no one else's problem. The ones worth their salt just buy things that fit them.

>> No.10722176

>>10722133
>husbands who are not ashamed to walk down the street with them in full co-ord and offers to buy them brand
Is it really this easy to get a lolita GF?

>> No.10722179

>>10722167
When will people realize that Lolita shouldn’t be cheap. First of all the cheapest Lolita is still pricey by poor people standards. I grew up poor as shit, I don’t think we ever spent more than 4-5$ on clothes. Even $40 for a dress was unthinkable.

Second of all, cheap lolita is the very definition of everything that’s wrong with fast fashion. The damage the production and disposal of these cheap polyester disasters does should never be considered ok. If a brand can afford to charge $40 for it, then they have caused an insane amount of harm in making it.

>> No.10722181

>>10722176
Maybe I just have low standards, but considering how few there are of us in this world and the abnormally high lesbian population in this fashion, no it's not that easy.

>> No.10722184

>>10722179
Fast fashion has not only ruined people's perception of how much clothing should cost but has also annoyingly made instant gratification the standard people expect. As a result we have annoying poor itas running around saying that lolita costs too much and they'd rather buy it on amazon. If the money's not there it's not there but so many of the jealous types aren't willing to even try look for secondhand brand they could afford. They just complain lolita requires you to be rich, which it doesn't. It requires you to be patient.

>> No.10722195

>>10722145
This makes me sad and I wish I could help you do your makeup or something :( there are special brushes that are shaped in a way that makes it a little easier with hand tremors but I don’t know how intense yours shake.

You can get stamps for eyeliner now if that helps! There are also >>10722145
eyeshadow transfer sheets that can look really good with a little bit of blending after application! I’m a makeup artist by profession and still use them sometimes for the convenience factor.

>> No.10722196

>>10722176
lolitas usually wind up with boyfriends who are nerds that don't care about the fashion either way. the last thing a lolita wants is a fetishist who finds them sexy in lolita

>> No.10722198

>>10722184
>Fast fashion has not only ruined people's perception of how much clothing should cost
I want to add that people who buy fast fashion have absolutely no conceptualisation of what quality looks like and accept poor quality shitty goods as acceptable. Anybody can take a look into the aliexpress review sections, so many girls giving 5 star reviews to items that look like absolute garbage in their review picture. It really doesn't help most of these poor fags tend to see lolita as a costume in the first place to be discarded like a random costume you can get out of a bag in party city.
>It requires you to be patient.
I agree with this point so much. One of the unspoken things about lolita that makes it so great is the fact that before making a purchase you have time to contemplate your purchase, at least when you buy first hand that is.

>> No.10722228

>>10722195
oh yeah, stamps and stencils have been an absolute blessing for me. Not perfect but they help! appreciate the sympathy lol

>> No.10722249

>>10722179
Brands like AP are still charging out the ass for polyester disasters though.

>> No.10722323

>>10722198
Someone in my comm just posted a gigantic Taobao haul and all the pandemic newbies are falling over themselves in amazement. Hundreds of dollars of cheap polyester meme print pieces that are visibly poor quality even in blurry photographs. The buyer is someone who doesn’t wear lolita outside of meet-ups and cons so her having costumey taste shouldn’t be a surprise, but it feels like such a waste. When I got into lolita, taobao wasn’t a thing and the going advice for newbies was to take it slow and invest in a few high quality versatile main pieces that can be coorded in many different ways. That’s how I still approach the fashion so when I see someone drop >$300 on a veritable mountain of poor quality crap that they’re probably going to wear once and then shove to the back of their closet I can’t help but cringe. I bet that they still parrot the “lolita is about quality” line to their friends and family, too.

>> No.10722331

>>10722323
I find Taobao useful for shoes, sometimes accessories but hardly something else. I gave a go to a popular Taobao brand buying a blouse once and I never listed something in Lacemarket so quickly, didn't even tried it on. The sad thing is that majority of my brand blouses are just around 10$ more than that shit.

>> No.10722337

>>10721919
I've actually seen a lot more jealousy TOWARDS trans/poor/fat/not-white people. Being a minority in lolita gets you a lot of engagement these days in ways that being a standard thin white girl won't give you.

>> No.10722338

>>10722323
>someone who doesn't wear lolita outside of meet-ups and cons
this is pretty normal actually

>> No.10722340

>>10722337
don't flatter yourself kek. it's bewilderment, not jealousy.

>> No.10722344

>>10722337
>Being a minority in lolita gets you a lot of engagement these days in ways that being a standard thin white girl won't give you.
Not really? White girls (fat or otherwise) tend to have bigger followings, even the ones who dress mediocre to bad. Maybe it's just what comes up in tags but even though I follow a lot of black people in jfashion (for inspiration since I'm black and want to have people who have similar hair texture, skin tone, or taste in colors in general so I can know when trying something how it looks on someone like me) I still only get white girls in tags and suggestions. Not even many Asian girls which I was surprised by considering I know so many lolitas who are nonwhite IRL compared to how many white ones I see being the only ones promoted online.

Maybe my perspective is skewed as I'm following a few black lolitas already so maybe IG and socials give me more suggestions from who I'm not following? But that doesn't explain them giving me no Asian or Latina lolitas even though I know there are some in Mexico, Brazil, and Japan, China, etc. who I see reposted by lolitas I follow and never in tags or recs. Idk.

Also CoF likes don't count as real engagement btw.

>> No.10722345

>>10722340
It's clearly some amount of envy. Wanting the likes or engagement those people get even if not envious of the actual person for their body or clothes.

>> No.10722349

>>10722344
this is actually a good point, i really don't notice many asian/mixed girls (i'm talking specifically lolitas) getting a huge following even if their content is great. then again, they probably aren't doing the brand shill thing that i've noticed all of the white influencers doing. sorry, not trying to racebait, but it's something i've noticed a lot.

>> No.10722415

>>10721877
I've seen even poorer poorfags rage at other poorfags with brand that don't own locally made indie pieces. How are you going to seethe at someone and call them an elitist if they only own one or two AP dresses? Learn how to budget, and surely you'd be able to afford at least one piece of brand? There are people who hustle to have what they have. Bitches are poverty line accusing anyone with budgeting skills (or a steady income!) of being sugar babies.
>>10722184
> If the money's not there
Sad, because some of them do have money for large taobao/amazon/shein hauls like the other anon said but refuse to pick up brand. I think it's also a speed thing because these girls are not patient enough to build a wardrobe bit-by-bit, they want to have a fully decked out lolita closet by TOMORROW, and they don't want to spend time prowling secondhand markets or learning what looks good.

>> No.10722467
File: 1.08 MB, 741x830, ugly.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10722323
>Hundreds of dollars of cheap polyester meme print pieces that are visibly poor quality even in blurry photographs. The buyer is someone who doesn’t wear lolita outside of meet-ups and cons so her having costumey taste shouldn’t be a surprise, but it feels like such a waste

I can't blame pandemic newbies drooling over ugly taobao garbage since they are usually exposed to the cheap ugly garbage that gets showcased on tiktok. And are usually the first to scream about how lolitas are classist and how they don't have money but NEED to dress like their ~true self~ even if the quality is terrible. These same retards also flood these ugly as sin outfits in with "alternative" tags, kawaii fashion tags, and unfortunately the jfashion tags on other websites.
Are you talking about instagram?
From what I've seen asian lolitas tend to stick with websites in their language and tend to be more active there. I imagine the same goes for lolitas from other countries.

>> No.10722492

>>10722323
>When I got into lolita, taobao wasn’t a thing and the going advice for newbies was to take it slow and invest in a few high quality versatile main pieces that can be coorded in many different ways.
This is how I always approached the fashion too. Bodyline was the main option for those who were new, poor, or not serious about lolita and if you were serious, you would eventually work your way towards brand. It was considered a very slow, non instantly gratifying hobby to be in. You would wait years to find that one dream dress. Even if you didn't want to wear lolita everyday and you only wore it to meets and cons you'd still have wanted to work towards having a decent wardrobe with a few high quality, versatile pieces that you can make nice coords with that felt special.

Like >>10722415 said it's now a speed thing. All these new covidlitas want a whole wardrobe right NOW, they don't want to wait because they're used to getting masses of shit quality items from places like shein and have no idea what quality clothing is actually supposed to look like and cost. Giant taobao hauls are just the lolita equivalent of how they're used to shopping.

>when I see someone drop >$300 on a veritable mountain of poor quality crap that they’re probably going to wear once and then shove to the back of their closet I can’t help but cringe.
I cringe too. They could've bought one nice coord with that kind of money but they have no concept of what good quality in lolita actually looks like. Covid means meets and cons are still not happening in lots of places so it's unlikely many of these people have even seen real brand quality in person. They literally only wear it for social media along with their other e-girl shit they don't care. That's why they go around screeching that their taobao is just as good as brand and everyone who wears brand is elitist.

>> No.10722499

>>10722344
ayrt and its true CoF skewed my opinion here. Seems you can get 1K likes just for being a minority.

Not sure why you're not seeing asian lolitas, I feel like I see a ton. But different feeds, I guess.

>> No.10722624

>>10721877
how do i get a teen gothic lolita gf?

>> No.10722627

>>10722624
Be a teen goth weeb boy

>> No.10723195

I'm jealous of western lolitas who moved to Japan and go to all the brands events and cute cafes and stuff. But I also think it's kind of autistic to move to Japan so idk if I should be jealous.

>> No.10723209

>>10723195
You're jealous of them being able to do fun cute things but it's autistic they live there and can do those regularly? Wut?

>> No.10723215

>>10723209
Yeah, moving to a new country for clothes and cafes is stupid

>> No.10723218

I guess my jealousy had changed forms over the years - I used to be jealous of girls with big closets, who were cute and thin, and could wear lolita a lot. But eventually I've become all those things too so my jealousy just moves into increasingly niche situations like wishing to live in a place where people wouldn't bother me (even though they mostly don't already) or having a job where I could wear it again (even though I got bored of that before). In reality when I started building a big closet I felt it was too much stuff and downsized. Once I get enough things in one style, I decide I need a different style. And on and on.

I've just realized I'm always wanting for something, and I'm trying to instead be happy with what I have and my situation. Can anyone here relate? Is anybody content with their wardrobe and ability to wear it? Honest question.

>> No.10723232

>>10723195
The novelty aspect wears off after a while and westeners rarely manage to integrate into Japanese society and tend to live in their own lonely bubble until they get bored and move back to their home country. Fanny Rosie comes to mind who especially seems miserable since she moved to Japan.

>> No.10723233

>>10723215
Follow girls that don't post about cafes then, kek. As if they're not studying or working there.

>> No.10723235

>>10723232
I don't think any "normal" person raised in a western country can ever integrate into Japanese society. Once you get to understand how Japanese people behave you realize most of them would be considered sociopathic in the west, everything is about appearances and being fake.

>> No.10723236

>>10723232
Yep, I know several people who have returned depressed because they can't integrate well. They're just stuck as an outsider there and it can get pretty lonely.

>> No.10723239

>>10723232
Yeah, she is one of the people I was thinking of. But I don't really follow her enough to tell if she's miserable or not. I don't even know why she moved. To be a model I guess?

>> No.10723242

>>10723236
Nonny, Japan doesn't like foreigners so how do you expect them to "integrate"? That's such a western way of thinking. It's not the same as immigrants settling in American or Canadian communities and assimilating. You're never part of their social circles or work groups because you're viewed as some weird alien who has shit for brains.

>> No.10723245

>a women dominated hobby
Of course there will be lots lmao

>> No.10723246

>>10723239
Iirc she moved to Japan because of her husband but then they got divorced and now she is kind of stuck/doesn't want to give up everything she's invested in, so she tries to make the best out of the situation. But you can tell she's not exactly happy and it's not what she imagined for her life to be.

>> No.10723247

>>10723246
>now she is kind of stuck/doesn't want to give up everything she's invested in, so she tries to make the best out of the situation
I'm howling. What a stupid and stubborn reason to stay in uwu nippon.

>> No.10723248

>>10723246
I didn't realize that. Well, nobody's life ends up how they imagined anyway. And if it does they usually aren't happy with it for some other reason.

>> No.10723250
File: 4 KB, 225x225, gc32.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10723242
>You're never part of their social circles or work groups because you're viewed as some weird alien who has shit for brains.
As a good looking white guy who can speak Japanese whenever I've lived in Japan literally everyone would basically beg me to join their social circles and invite me to shit. Obviously you can't integrate, but you can be treated like a king.

>> No.10723254

>>10723242
>Japan doesn't like foreigners so how do you expect them to "integrate"
I never said anything about expecting them to, retard. Learn to read.

>> No.10723260

>>10723254
You said they can't integrate well, implying they should integrate somehow when they can't. Retard.

>>10723250
Don't kid yourself. You're a dancing monkey and they find you amusing.

>> No.10723261

>>10723260
>You're a dancing monkey and they find you amusing.
日本人の方が猿だろうが
肌が黄色いだしw

>> No.10723292

>>10723260
>You said they can't integrate well, implying they should integrate somehow when they can't.
That does not imply that at all. It's stating a fact. Are you having a stroke or something, or are you just naturally this insanely defensive and argumentative?

>> No.10723369

>>10723246
i don't think they got divorced, because she's still on a dependent visa iirc.

>> No.10723372

>>10723369
It's so strange how she manages to avoid mentioning a single thing about her husband on social media. I understand why but it takes a lot of effort. IIRC they also live with roommates.

>> No.10723396

If any criticism or meanie words get disregarded as jealousy to cope, then yes

>> No.10723397

>>10722337
delusional zoomer

>> No.10723406

>>10722345
Cope harder I dunk on trannies/fatties/uglies on /cgl/ all the time because it's hilarious and I don't even use social media

>> No.10723430

>>10723246
I feel sad for her. She really comes across as extremely depressed and doesn't even seem to enjoy social media, despite clearly caring about posting there.

Kind of sounds like she should just go back home. I mean how long can you sustain yourself in such a depressing situation, and for what? An aesthetic IG feed?

>> No.10723438

>>10723261
>calling the Japanese monkeys
>not realizing they're just using you for a green card
kek

>> No.10723524

>>10723250
kys moid, no one cares

>> No.10723563
File: 70 KB, 446x400, 1540872143302.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10722337
holy shit could this not be any further from the truth. Maybe towards SOME non-white lolitas, maybe because they nice pieces or people like to throw a shit fit when ever a non-white person does a "controversial" co-ord, but other then that, you will never catch anybody here jealous of a fucking tranny, fatty or a poorfag. The audacity of this comment is astounding. Bitch thought she ate.

>> No.10723568

>>10723430
Me too... I hope she finds some peace.

It's also a pandemic and a lot of people are depressed because of that. Not sure it would be that much better outside of Japan.

>> No.10723577

>>10722337
>trans/poor/fat
Fucking what? Why would anyone be jealous of any of those things? Serious question.

>> No.10723581

>>10722337
No one, and I mean absolutely NO ONE is jealous of you......

Stop being so obnoxiously cringe and egotistical.

>> No.10723586

People seem to believe the misconception that any ridicule denotes "jealousy" to make themselves feel better. If you make fun of a pedophile, you're not jealous of them. If you make fun of whatever president you don't like, you're not jealous of them. If you balk at a sissy, you're not jealous of them. This "jealousy" notion is just a cope that adults invented to make bullied kids feel better.

Yes, on the very rare chance that someone is actually good looking and successful, jealous people will make fun of them. But that is far more rare than people like to admit, and usually applies to thin, rich, beautiful cis-women. Not some hideous fat, poor troons.

>> No.10723590

>>10723586
>People seem to believe the misconception that any ridicule denotes "jealousy" to make themselves feel better.
Because that's what their mom's told them about the mean kids at school, then they never learned how to undo that backwards thinking.

>> No.10723620

>>10723568
She came across as miserable in Japan before the pandemic too. It’s obvious that she’s quite obsessed with likes and engagement, despite not enjoying actually interacting with her followers.

It’s a strange pattern that happens a lot where people move to Japan, become miserable, but refuse to acknowledge that their life would be easier and more enjoyable elsewhere. People cling to living in Japan for some reason even when it’s clearly not healthy for them or their life is stagnating there.

>> No.10723645

>>10723620
Well if nothing else this makes me feel better and less jealous. America kind of sucks but every place has pros and cons.

>> No.10723686

>>10723372
where did you see that she lived with roommates?

>> No.10723706

>>10723645
Well yeah, why do you think the suicide rate there is so high? It's not some utopia and is better visited than lived-in

>> No.10723707

>>10723686
She mentioned on insta once about how she has to be quiet cause the walls in her apartment are thin and she lives with roommates (plural). Is it normal for a couple to live with roommates?

>> No.10723745

>>10723707
It sounds like she's in a share house. Even if you live in a rental house which I doubt she does because of her and her husband's visas, having roommates isn't normal. There's hardly enough space in a house for a couple because ones in Tokyo are 1000 sq. ft. normally.

>> No.10723992

Stupid question. How can there be no jealousy in a luxury fashion community that's focused heavily on appereance and wealth.

>> No.10724063

>>10723577
AYRT (and i guess everyone responding) but I thought it was pretty clear that I'm saying people are jealous of the engagement these people get, not of their actual identities.

>> No.10724069

>>10723745
>1000 square feet is normal

ummm no. try like 400 square feet. I lived in Tokyo for six years. In all that time, I never even saw an apartment listed that was larger than 420 square feet unless it was coorporate housing(ie: $4000+ a month and rented by companies to appease short term western business guests who are not used to living in a shoe box.).

The largest stand-alone house I saw was 720 square feet. 1000 square feet is like mansion-sized by Japanese standards.

>> No.10724071

>>10723620
There are positive aspects of living in Japan that can't be found anywhere else in the world. As an introvert, most people would probably have found my life in Japan depressing, but I loved it. I came back for employment, and because I wanted to settle down in a way that you really can't do as a foreigner in Japan. But from the outside looking in I think it's hard for people to understand why someone might choose live in Japan for 5-10 years or even more. You can't really judge her as miserable or not from the outside, and it's hard to tell if she feels "trapped" there, or if she simply finds that the pros outweigh the cons.

>> No.10724072

>>10724071
Normally I'd agree anon but tbf she's vocalized that she's miserable and depressed on multiple occaisions.

>> No.10724171

>>10724072
I've been following her since her early Tumblr days, and I can tell you she has always been depressed. It's nothing new. She even mentioned gaining weight from antidepressants before moving to Japan. However, everything else I just read about her on this thread is probably bullshit since I don't recall her saying any of those things.

>> No.10724210

>>10724071
Youre projecting a lot of things I didn’t say, and experiences you seem to think I haven’t had, into my comment. And then you conclude with the fact that you too moved out of Japan because it was easier to live the kind of life you want to live elsewhere. I’m not sure what point you’re making.

>> No.10724211

>>10724071

She literally says she's miserable though. This isn't English lit, she likely means what she says.

>> No.10724214

>>10724071
I can understand why someone would live there but I've also read interviews from many who did saying that it's very hard to ever get people there to 'accept you as a citizen'. It's said the fact you're always treated as an outsider is a bigger deal compared to other places in the world.

At least, that's what I've read.

>> No.10724229

>>10724069
I said a house (specifically a rental house) you illiterate dipshit. 300 to 400 is normal for an apartment.

>> No.10724233

>>10724210
The point is people don’t just waste away for a few years in japan and finally come home with their tail between their legs. Many people who choose to leave japan were perfectly happy there, but leave for any number of reasons that aren’t necessarily clear to people on the outside, and that doesn’t mean they were miserable or hated their time there. I left japan for my job, and I wanted to buy a house, which I never had any intention of doing in Japan. You can love a place and still not want to live there forever and ever.

>> No.10724234

>>10724233
they were talking about a specific person though.

>> No.10724237

>>10724171
You...don't recall her saying she's miserable/sad/depressed? Anon, come on. It's like at least once a week in her stories.

>> No.10724240

>>10724229
NTA but even rural 300 square feet is considered very large for an apartment. 400 square feet in Tokyo proper is pretty rare even if you do have a small fortune to spend on rent. Most apartments in the city are around 20 square meters and it’s not unusual at all for a young professional to live in 150 square feet.

Houses are also extremely small. Share houses are selected to maximize bedroom slots, but even then they’re pretty small, and the individual rooms are tiny. Plus you’ll see 12 bedrooms for rent, with only one bathroom because they just subdivide the holy shit out of a small space to make more rooms. 1000 square feet in Japan in general is massive.

>> No.10724241

>>10724240
This. 300-400 square feet is huge in Japan. I had a $4000 budget for my apartment in Tokyo and the largest place they showed me was 45 square meters. All of my other study abroad friends were living in spaces the size of a large closet in the US. It’s a whole different world when it comes to apartment sizing.

>> No.10724245

>>10724240
Are you talking about 1 bedroom apartments? Of course those are tiny and barely 300 square feet. It's not your only option for apartments though. 2 and 3 rooms are common and not that expensive if you forego the dining room or living area. I'm in a 2LDK by a small station in Tokyo so the rent isn't astronomical.

>> No.10724267

>>10724245
nta but japanese apartments are notoriously smaller than anywhere else, even rural apartments, and more expensive. it's mostly because of space and minimalism. it's not new information though.

>> No.10724271

>>10724245
My 52 meters was a 2ldk. Super small for the cost but even if you have a big budget it’s pretty hard to find square footage, you just get a better location for your small space. I wanted something larger, but there wasn’t anything larger available in the wards I wanted to live in. I was told that for 600 plus square feet I would have to go outside the core wards, which I wasn’t willing to do for my commute PS: no regrets. Always prioritize your commute in Tokyo, and try to be going the opposite direction during rush hour. Some of my classmates were taking an hour commute with rush hour everyday. I had to take that train once and it was utter hell.

I’m aware that there are properties not available to foreigners for sure, but in general, apartments are exceedingly small even if you’ve got a lot to spend and it is really hard to even find a large space to begin with.

>> No.10724303

>>10724233

This exchange feels very much like a comm meetup conversation where people just project their own shit when we're trying to talk about something else kek. God I don't miss those.

>> No.10724305

>>10724303
Then go somewhere else lol it’s not like your input is needed here kek

>> No.10724316

>>10724303
kek i know exactly what you mean, you described it perfectly

>> No.10724324

>>10724233
I am not talking about your specific situation and it’s weird that you feel the need to defend your life choices to me.

>> No.10724325

>>10724303
This whole ass thread is trying ot project some horrible depressed life on a girl who's chosen to live in Japan and lives there of her own free will sooo... not sure who you think is projecting here.

>> No.10724329

man i wish there was a way to move to japan without a lot of money or le funny English teacher meme

>> No.10724358

>>10724325
She literally says she's depressed. Now it just sounds like you're being defensive because this applies to you too and you don't want to admit it.

>> No.10724361

>>10724329
work for a multinational corp that has a Japanese location, learn Japanese, and work over there. you’ll be miserable because of the work culture but hahaha nippon!!!

>> No.10724362

>>10724325

.... She literally says she's depressed and miserable in her stories lmfao. You're the one trying to project she somehow isn't despite the fact she says she is, which is pretty messed up.

>> No.10724363

>>10724362
Nah I’m just pointing at that *surprise surprise* things aren’t always what they look like online. What’s really weird is how many fucks you give about dying on this hill kek.

>> No.10724380

>>10724363

I posted twice in this thread. I'm not the only one who thinks you're weirdly projecting to borrow another anons phrase.

>> No.10724382

>>10724363
you're cringe as fuck.

>> No.10724385

>>10721938
Stop projecting your insecurities unto us, womanlet

>> No.10724418

>>10722196
>lolitas usually wind up with boyfriends who are nerds

Does anybody actually have a non nerdy, practically normal boyfriend/husband?

>> No.10724419

>>10724418
My boyfriend looks hot to a casual observer but has been texting me incessantly about the new pokemon game coming out today, so…

>> No.10724428

>>10722196
>Does anybody actually have a non nerdy, practically normal boyfriend/husband?

I'm really dreading ending up with someone like that to be honest. Judging from my comm, all the boyfriends/husbands nice enough but are 100% punching above their weight with how good looking the girls are.

>> No.10724443

>>10724418
Everyone in my circle's been posting their bfs to their Instagram story and there's definitely some cuties in there. They're rare, but they exist. Whether they're normies or not is hard to say, but why would a lolita want a normie boyfriend?

>> No.10724473

>>10724418
Why would you want to? Oh yeah lemme get a guy who won't shut up about sportsball. Swoon

>> No.10724519

>>10724418
>conventionally attractive and well adjusted closet weeb bf
>loves how I look in lolita and buys me dresses
>normie women always give us dirty looks when we're out together
Is there a better feeling?

>> No.10724528

>>10724380
NTAYRT but you could not be more obviously samefagging. Idk what issues you’ve got with this depressed girl in Japan but the fact that you pathetically try to keep this thread going on her is pretty sus.

>why would a Lolita want a normal boyfriend
Because Lolita is just a hobby for me, and I’m not really into any other weeb/nerd shit. And >>10724428 is totally right. My “normie” husband is wayyy hotter than any of the Lolita partners in my comm, bathes, and can hold conversation about things other than weeb shit. If you’re making relationship decisions based on a fashion you’ll probably eventually leave anyways, you need to up your standards.

>> No.10724529

>>10724418
>>10724473
My boyfriend isn't show-stoppingly handsome, but like me he is basically a normie with a hidden nerdy side. Loves sportsball and is very sociable. I also don't shut up about lolita, so it evens out. It's nice having a partner who is passionate about their own hobbies instead of constantly leeching on you for entertainment.

>>10724428
Frankly, the older I've gotten (which granted is still not that old), the more I've realized that looks aren't nearly as important as everyone makes them out to be, and is the one single aspect of a person I'm now willing to settle on. It's much better to be picky about their personality traits, shared interests, financial responsibility, and life plans. Finding someone who lives up to my standards in all those departments is hard enough. When I was younger, I was the complete opposite and focused on appearance first, so I've had to learn from my mistakes.

>> No.10724533

>>10724528
This. My current partner is fairly normie, but before that I dated normies and weebs. I would much rather be with someone who doesn’t *get* Lolita fashion than someone who can’t stfu about genshin impact and whatever other weeb shit is hot on their minds. Lolita is just clothes, and there’s tons of Lolita’s who are not at all into anime/gaming/other dorky shit.

>> No.10724534

>>10724528
most lolitas are really ugly but have high standards because of autism. and no shit you find your own husband attractive, but this sounds like a huge cope desu. especially since you didn't mention his weight, kek. i bet you're not even married though since you have so much time to rage at people online.

>> No.10724535

>>10724534
Kekekek seethe you lonely sandy cunt

>> No.10724536

>>10724528
So you admit the girl is depressed! Hah! Rekt.

>> No.10724537

>>10724535
larping for sure. most embarrassing behavior.

>> No.10724538

>>10724533
Lmao are you me? I just went on a date two weeks ago with this dude who literally would not talk about anything other than genshin the entire fucking time. Kept talking over me too. It was probably one of the worst dates I’ve ever been on in my life. Just because I like j fashion doesn’t mean I’m into all things weeb.

>>10724534
Why would anyone bring up weight? Go to rehab Ana-chan.

>> No.10724540

>>10724538
sorry about your fat normie husband kek.

>> No.10724541

>>10724538
>pathetic esl samefagging
in english you only capitalize proper nouns.
>inb4 b-but you're grammar!
it's an easy insult, not that deep.

>> No.10724545

>>10724538
>Why would anyone bring up weight?
Who wants a fat fuck for a boyfriend? Anon thinks all a man needs to do to be attractive is bathe apparently.

>> No.10724550

>>10724538
>Just because I like j fashion doesn’t mean I’m into all things weeb.
People always say this but literally every person I've ever met into Lolita likes other weeb shit too

>> No.10724553

>>10724540
>>10724541
>>10724545
jeez take your meds and stop shitting up the thread

>> No.10724555

>>10724550
Really? In my comm there are 5-6 girls who make a point of saying that they're not into weeb shit. It's kind of annoying actually. Like ok, I'm not into anime either but it's not like it makes you somehow better or mature by making a big deal of it.

>> No.10724558

>>10724550
She's larping. Honestly her stance that lolita is just a hobby to her completely isolated from anything Japanese makes her the weird one. And all it means is that she has less in common with or to talk about with other lolitas, who at the least like jpop or something. You can really tell when people say things that are so clearly negative in such a prideful way. I feel bad for her honestly, she must feel really lonely being so left out. Plus every one of these anti-weeb lolitas I've encountered have been mentally unhinged.

>> No.10724560

>>10724553
>i didn't have any response

>> No.10724561

>>10724550
Anyone that calls harajuku fashion predominately jfashion is a larper, fyi guys. that's an instagram term.

>spot the offenders

>> No.10724562

>>10724555
>In my comm there are 5-6 girls who make a point of saying that they're not into weeb shit.
Yeah we had a few of those but they invariably ended up being really into jpop or were learning Japanese for some other reason but it's "better" than being a dirty regular weeb apparently.

>> No.10724564

>>10724561
Not all japanese fashion originated in harajuku

>> No.10724565

>>10724564
calling lolita fashion "jfashion" is instagrammy and noobish. we say that to outsiders for them to get it without having to explain too much, if you're talking to us then you are obviously a fucking larper.

>> No.10724567

>>10724565
You are wrong and can't even greentext correctly.

>> No.10724569

>>10724567
>newfag to both 4chan and lolita thinks they have an opinion
imagine

>> No.10724570

>>10724561
imagine being this dumb and calling other people larpers LMAO harajuku fashion hasn't been the term to use since like 2006.

>>10724562
NTA but our comm has this dynamic too and it's super awkward. But I do get the frustration when everyone assumes that wearing AP means you're ready for a 3 hour conversation about some obscure anime. I don't have a problem with weebs, but it sucks to be assigned a seat at a tea party and have someone insist on talking at you about some random anime for the whole time because they can't take the hint that you'd rather talk about lolita.

>> No.10724572

>>10724570
Oh, yeah that's just socially awkward. People need to take the hint, if someone is not interested in something stop talking their ear off about it.

>> No.10724574
File: 30 KB, 600x753, d98.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10724569
>Hello fellow harajuku girls! Why is that we all don't like pandemic lolitas again?

>> No.10724575

>>10724565
Okay but anon's statement could have applied to any "out there" Japanese fashion, not necessarily just lolita. Are you the type of retard to call Gyaru Harajuku fashion lmao

>> No.10724576

>>10724565
>calling lolita fashion "jfashion" is instagrammy and noobish.
big LARPer energy. most organizers call their events "jfashion events" when they're open to other styles. if not, then they just call them lolita events. the sole exception is the "harajuku fashion walk". otherwise, there's just no practical reason to ever need to narrow an event down solely to harajuku fashion here, so few people bother to.

>> No.10724577

>>10724570
This is why people hate weebs in general. So many of them just cannot accept that even if someone else likes anime that doesn't mean they want to go on and on and on about it. If I'm at a lolita meet, I came to talk about lolita and comm gossip not whatever's going on with your otp.

>> No.10724580

>>10724577
>comm gossip
Showing up to gossip is not what normal well adjusted lolitas do at meets.

>> No.10724581

>>10724580
Normal well adjusted lolitas wouldn't even be on cgl in the first place.

>> No.10724582

>>10724581
there are no normal, well adjusted lolitas.

>> No.10724585

>>10724581
Projection. This is just the last place we can talk frankly about the fashion without constantly having to sugarcoat everything, and it's about the only place to post consistent inspo and brand updates.

>> No.10724586

>>10724582
Either you're a teenager, LARPer, or both. Most the lolitas I hang out with are financially stable adults with normie jobs

>> No.10724587

>>10724585
Anons always resort to calling the kettle black like this.

>> No.10724589

>>10724580
I think most normal women, lolita or not, enjoy gossiping.

>> No.10724592

>I'm not like other lolitas. I'm a cool lolita
The thread

>> No.10724593

>>10724592
>Everyone else must be exactly like me
The thread

>> No.10724597

>>10724587
It's just such a bizarre cope. "I'm not well-adjusted so no one else on here is either!" People here are married and have stable jobs and friends. Wanting to keep up with the latest news in your hobby doesn't mean you're a basement dweller.

>> No.10724598

>>10724577
>>comm gossip

yo, just letting you know you're the cancer in your comm. everyone is not like you, but you're definitely the favorite to hate

>> No.10724600

>>10724597
Having a job and marriage and friends doesn't make you "normal" anon. Lots of weirdos have those things. It seems more like cope that you don't want to admit you're a little weird like most people here.

>> No.10724601

>>10724600
>there are no normal, well adjusted lolitas.
I agree with you but this is not the same thing as "being a little weird". Most lolitas and people in general are a little weird, not abnormal and poorly adjusted.

>> No.10724603

>>10724601
Well adjusted normal people don't discuss their favorite Asian princess dresses on anonymous Burmese puppet show boards. It's completely mutually exclusive with anything society would consider normal.

>> No.10724606

>>10724603
Normal people don't discuss their hobbies or fashion styles anonymously? What do you think people do on discord and Reddit and all over the internet? It's literally just clothing. You're sounding like those Karens who think goths must all be satanists or something.

>> No.10724607

>>10724598
kek my comm is pretty small and we all love getting together and gossipping. It's pretty much always about other comms though, but yeah gossip is a very common meet activity

>> No.10724608

>>10724606
Uh no they don't? None of the normies I know use discord or Reddit. Reddit is full of troons and other men desperate for attention and discord is for zoomers

>> No.10724609

>>10724607
Man this reminds me that I miss having a comm small enough where you can do that. In a large comm you have to be so careful not to offend anyone or discuss something that might blow up.

I moved mid-pandemic. My old comm talked about Lor's clickgate quite a lot and honestly it was great to just be able to have a conversation about it. In my new comm drama is this awkward elephant in the room that you never know who you can trust to express your honest thoughts and feelings about it.

>> No.10724612

>>10724609
large comms still have it, but it's a lot more cunty because it's about anyone and everyone in the same comm

>> No.10724613

>>10724589
Moid spotted. Most well-adjusted people don't 'love' gossip, male or female. They love general discussion or conversation sure but that's different than gossip/drama.

>> No.10724615

>>10724613
I don't buy that. Guys love gossip too, it's just about different things. I guess it also depends on what kind of gossip. You can learn a lot of life lessons by paying attention to/discussing what's going on. For example:

I learned from Lor click-gate not to make a big deal out of a few trolls. I learned from Tyler-gate not to over-extend myself in the lolita comm. I learned from Jo's shoegate not to start my indie brand idea until I have even the slightest clue how to run a business.

>> No.10724616

>>10724613
Gossip vs. tea is an important distinction. Gossip is unfounded and useless. Tea has screen caps, and is generally a much better use of your time.

>> No.10724617

>>10724616
Fuck off back to twitter

>> No.10724618

>>10724609
Discussing online community "drama" at large isn't usually done at my comm's meets despite being small and mostly people who are close. I think because we generally don't care about online drama that is inevitably mostly fueled by itas, lolitas at heart, and people who treat visiting cgl like its their identity.

Plus by the time we meet up it's not really worth wasting time discussing in person when we could be having fun doing lolita shit/hanging out since it's probably already been discussed to death on social media. The news would also have to be super fresh to be something we'd care enough about to bring up or exchange thoughts on. How often do you guys meet that online drama is recent enough to be worth seeking each others' opinions on in person, but also somehow never discussed in private group chats, and worth wasting time discussing in person when you could just talk about new releases, your general lives, compliment each others' coords, sip tea, share recipes for baked goods and finger sandwiches, etc.? Cause that's what my comm tends to do, just enjoy ourselves. There is no drama elephant in the room. We just aren't obsessed with it so it rarely comes up.

>> No.10724619

>>10724615
Yeah, I think originally gossip was a way of forcing social cohesion in groups. No tribe wants some sperg that doesn't get along with other people and doesn't contribute any resources because he spends all his time drawing stick figures or something. Gossip about him and maybe someone will talk to him and knock some sense into him for everyone's benefit.

>> No.10724620

>>10724615
>I learned from Lor click-gate not to make a big deal out of a few trolls. I learned from Tyler-gate not to over-extend myself in the lolita comm. I learned from Jo's shoegate not to start my indie brand idea until I have even the slightest clue how to run a business.

Are you such a literal child that you needed low level alt-fashion drama to teach you basic concepts anyone could tell you?

>> No.10724622

>>10724617
Well sue me. I find screen caps from Jos deleted story where she accused antaina of theft more useful than a rumor that comm member x is a cam girl. I guess “sauce” is the more cgl equivalent, but the distinction stands.

>> No.10724623

>>10724620
Are you so new that you don’t realize that even very normal behaviors can get you in deep shit in the Lolita community? Watching other peoples drama can help you avoid getting wrapped up in stupid shit yourself.

>> No.10724624

>>10724619
>Gossip about him and maybe someone will talk to him and knock some sense into him for everyone's benefit.
passive aggressive behavior is not somehow going to fix social problems or poor performance. if someone needs to do better or do something differently just tell them that directly.

gossip is entertainment, not something propping up all forms of civilization like you're trying to make it sound.

>> No.10724625

>>10724623
What the fuck are you on about?

>> No.10724626

>>10724624
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1037/1089-2680.8.2.100

>> No.10724627

>>10724619
>I think originally gossip was a way of forcing social cohesion in groups.
LMAO no. Gossip is the modern sanitized version of calling people out directly. It's unpleasant to cause direct conflict so rumermonging is considered better manners.

>> No.10724628

>>10724627
Gossip existed before modern times anon

>> No.10724629

>>10724623
I'm not new; I'm just over the age of 18, don't have brain damage, and lack any desire to be an influencer or make money in the lolita community, which is all you need to not end up in the scenarios people like Tyler, Lor, or Jo end up in. To be an adult with a functioning brain that isn't putting themselves out there on the internet for a crumb of efame, money, or attention.

>> No.10724630

>>10724627
There’s been numerous studies about gossip in developing societies. Fascinating. Turns out it’s a thing basically everywhere and it serve s several key social purposes.

>> No.10724631

>>10724626
This article defines gossip as any conversation on a social topic. Conversation on any social topic and gossip as in "drama" are two different things conceptually. Or are you genuinely stupid enough to think people having somewhat meaningful conversations about life are equivalent in value to societal development as posting about a person on the farms?

>> No.10724634

>>10724631
Bruh if you took two seconds to do your own research you'd see it's a concept that scientists came up with and have studied, not something I made up.
>Noo muh gossip is just trashy entertainment!
Maybe look into it before acting like a retard? I don't know if you guys know this but there are still primitive tribes on earth and they gossip about stuff. Amazing how dense some of you can be about things you know absolutely nothing about.

>> No.10724635

>>10724631
No one said anything about the farms kek we were specifically talking about being in comms where people gossip together or not

>> No.10724640

>>10724608
If the only people who ever used Reddit were troons, it would not have enough users to be a major popular website. Everyone knows that the troons all congregate on 4chan's /tttt/ anyway.

Idk if you're ESL or what, but referring to someone as "abnormal and poorly adjusted" usually means they're mentally ill, can't hold down a job, have a criminal history, can't maintain friendships, or other major issue like that. Not that they're just into an innocuous weird hobby like underwater basketweaving.

>> No.10724642

>>10724635
I was just using the farms as an example of a more common definition of gossip. Gossip defined as discussing drama, shit-talking, etc. is one thing.

This study is defining gossip as discussing ANY social topic. That means discussing fashion is gossip, talking about your kids is gossip, debating what sweets you like better is gossip. But those things aren't considered to fit under the usual connotation of what gossip is in the context of cgl. Yes general discussion of social topics is normal and healthy. Gossip as defined by discussing drama and shit talking people yields no positive benefit beyond entertainment or inflating egos of childish people who idolize Mean Girls characters.

>> No.10724643

>>10724640
The definition of well adjusted is "Able to deal with other people in a normal or healthy way." Coming to cgl to complain about your comm and then getting into anonymous slapfights about how you are totally normal and not like other lolitas and how dare anyone suggest otherwise doesn't seem like a normal and healthy way of dealing with people.

>> No.10724645

>>10724642
Ok. There are other studies and even books about this concept. But I guess the scientific community should have just asked you instead.

>> No.10724648

>>10724643
A person's presence on cgl doesn't mean they inherently do any of the things you mentioned. If anything the people saying gossip is weird and immature are just being charitable by having the expectation that most other gulls are normal people as well and not passive-aggressive karens who think gossiping about community drama solves problems.

They aren't trying to imply they aren't like other gulls or are better than anyone, they simply assume the majority of gulls aren't "mean" or here for malicious reasons. Maybe that assumption is too optimistic and cgl is more of a dumpster fire than they think it is, or maybe it's accurate and the people who love drama are the vocal minority.

>> No.10724650

>>10724645
>my article didn't say what i think it said because i couldn't be bothered to read past the title

>> No.10724652

>>10724643
speak for yourself, I don't shit on my friends here. and standing up for yourself or your opinion is extremely common and basic human behavior, not the big heinous issue you're trying to make it out to be. otherwise anyone who has ever gotten into an ideological argument is maladjusted, which is laughable

>> No.10724653

>>10724648
It's more of a dumpster fire than you think. Sorry anon. This is from someone who will periodically not come here for years. It's always the same shitty dumpster fire it always was.

>> No.10724655

>>10724650
Use Google, holy shit.

>> No.10724656

>>10724648
Exactly this. Keyword being "majority". I have no doubt that some people on here are absolutely poorly adjusted. But I also know that a large number of people on here just to discuss the fashion and community are perfectly normal

>> No.10724657

>>10724630
That has nothing to do with what you said. Learn English before you try to interpret English studies. Social development is happening constantly.

>> No.10724659

>>10724643
if you think a normies don't gossip and argue, you must have never heard of tabloids or facebook

>> No.10724661

>>10724653
And that's a valid opinion to have. Everyone's overall impression of cgl is their own. I was just offering an example of the potential thought process of people who think chatting about low-level online drama at meets is weird or poorly-adjusted behavior. Someone claimed that anyone saying that was trying to act like they're better than anyone else. In reality they've actually maybe just got a more positive perception of the average gull.

>> No.10724662

>>10724659
Not all normies are well-adjusted either and boomers who believe every shit meme they see on Facebook definitely aren't.

>> No.10724663

>>10724659
Gossip and arguing quite literally aren't the same at all

>> No.10724665

>>10724663
nobody said they were

>> No.10724668

>>10724665
Then why are you mentioning it?

>> No.10724680

>>10724668
because those two things are what the anon is calling us maladjusted for doing.

>> No.10724681

>>10724680
>the anon

It's more than one single anon senpai. And it 100% IS maladjusted behavior to go to meets with the express purpose of shit talking people, rehashing stale online drama, and trying to have an IRL version of the negative stereotypes of cgl, when you could just drink your tea and talk about lolita topics that are enjoyable like the rest of us do.

>> No.10724684

Nothing is black and white. You can gossip about some weird sissy showing up to a meet without being the same type of person who would post your own friend's personal problems to lolcow.

Feeling jealous, gossiping, and arguing are all normal human qualities. They're not GOOD qualities, and doing them far too much probably means something is wrong with you, but I don't know a single person who has never, ever done any of those things.

>> No.10724686

>>10724681
If they're going to meets *solely* to do those things, then yes I agree with you. I was talking about people who do those things at all.

>> No.10724687

>>10724686
The OP wasn't though she was speaking in absolutes.

>> No.10724689

>>10724684
Occasionally having negative emotions or behavior are not abnormal or wrong. Intentionally pursuing and seemingly idolizing an environment where you indulge in those behaviors repeatedly is what's weird imo.

The initial anon was lamenting the lack of discussion of drama in her new comm as if something was wrong with everyone in this huge group for not caring enough to discuss it on the regular.

>> No.10724752

When I was younger and broke I always felt a lot of jealousy when I saw other younger girls my age who had a lot of brand gifted to them or something but now that I'm an adult with a real job and can pretty much afford anything as long as it's not a crazy $500+ dress I feel about the same as >>10721899 I only feel jealous if it's a limited release or secondhand find that I couldn't get my hands on due to pure bad luck. I don't really use social media outside of interacting with my close friends so I don't get the same weird attention wanting jealousy some people seem to get over e-famous lolitas.

>> No.10726075 [DELETED] 

>>10721877
Its a EGL comm, mental illness sees no bounds

>> No.10727728 [DELETED] 

https://discord.gg/txpvwaJtw5

>> No.10727932

>>10724606
>discord
>Reddit
>normal people

Jfc you’re killing me smalls

>> No.10727988

>>10722627
i'm a 30 years old bald man, i'm the perfect fit for a teen goth lolita gf

>> No.10728031
File: 698 KB, 619x863, shWgAB3[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10722249
*cough*

>> No.10728048

>>10728031
Btssb/aatp slip up sometimes and if they do, they slip up badly. But generally the quality of their items hasn't rapidly declined like AP's.

>> No.10730074

>>10721877
Always has been.

>> No.10730076

>>10724071
Yeah the AtePi girl seems happy

>> No.10730078

>>10724418
My husband isn't the hottest but he's awesome. I've dated much hotter but the hot boys will be old and wrinkly too someday. Then they'll be boring but my husband will still be a wonderful and fun persom

>> No.10730080

>>10724529
I agree completely. The only difference is that my husband isn't into sportsball now though he played basketball when he was at university

>> No.10730082

>>10730078

We had a dumb icebreaker in our work the other day and one of the questions was "who makes you laugh the most." My mind immediately went to my partner, sometimes we have rough patches but he makes me smile and laugh so much it's all worth it. My colleague said pretty much the same thing about her husband. Everyone has different priorities but you are completely right we're all going to be gray and wrinkly someday, it's just better to have someone who's really compatible with you and makes things better during this mortal coil.

>> No.10730098

>>10724418
no, but my boyfriend is EGA and fits japanese brand. he has a 25in waist.

>> No.10730301

>>10730078
>>10730082
Totally agree with you two. This is the mindset that keeps people married, honestly. It's a cool bonus if he's handsome, but all I really care about is that he makes a loving father and a supportive partner.

>> No.10730395

>>10730098
My boyfriend can't fit in ega or male asian clothing :( but that's because he is too buff.. honestly.

>> No.10730629

My biggest source of jealousy has always been people who live in countries/town where dressing in lolita in public is safe, also countries where getting new clothes is easy.

>> No.10730644

I'm so jealous of pretty lolitas, no matter how much brand I own I'll never have a graceful face.

>> No.10730726

>>10721877
No, not a lot of jealousy. There's a lot more envy.

>> No.10730762

>>10730644
Just cover your face with a sticker anon. At least you have the self-awareness to know you're ugly. There's a lot of ugly and old looking lolitas that still post their photos and people like them. If you dress well your face matters less.

>> No.10730821

>>10730726
Envy is a Synonym for Jealousy lol

>> No.10732389

>>10730076
boy

>> No.10732391

>>10730821
No, it's really not.

>>10730726
You are correct

>> No.10732755

>>10732391
Yeah, it quite literally is in the fucking dictionary as a related word

>> No.10732765

>>10732755
related, but different. they are not the same word.

>> No.10732797

>>10732765
>>10732391
nayrt but tell that to Webster's dictionary.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/jealous-vs-envious

>While many people believe that jealous means fearing someone will take what you have, and envious means desiring what someone else has, historical usage shows that both mean "covetous" and are interchangeable when describing desiring someone else's possessions. However, when referring to romantic feelings, only "jealous" can be used to mean "possessively suspicious," as in "a jealous husband."

>> No.10732806

>>10732389
a troon or fakeboi??? what do you mean

>> No.10732837

>>10732806
boy

>> No.10733073

>>10723232
Lived there for two years for work, can confirm. It’s incredibly isolating even when you try really hard

>> No.10733077 [DELETED] 

>>10723195
You don't have to move to japan to go to brand events, cute cafes and go shopping, all the struggles that come with actually living in japan don't make those cute experiences worth it. Filling in all those forms, finding a place to live, finding a job, general culture shock, and don't forget the language barrier. So yeah, moving to japan really is autistic unless you're fluent in japanese, know someone in japan or have already lived there for a while before.

Let's just hope we can travel again soon, I'd certainly love to make a 2-week trip to japan again and do all those things above.

>> No.10733125

>>10732837
show receipts

>> No.10737091

Cgl literally runs on jealousy, look at almost any thread and it’s blatant