[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 159 KB, 1080x1080, FB_IMG_1618064021309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10592748 No.10592748 [Reply] [Original]

The Tax-defunct business, IKKICON LLC, has announced that, despite CDC recommendation, they will be opening their doors to the public in MAY 28-30. TAX-DEFUNCT? What does that mean? More on that below

>> No.10592761
File: 166 KB, 1746x1473, Capture1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10592748
IKKICON LLC has a status of "Franchise Tax INVOLUNTARILY ended" with the State of Texas. This means that Ikkicon has not paid or reported taxes to the state in YEARS. Having this status means that the business is CANNOT OPERATE in the State of Texas. More so, being an LLC means that the owner cannot be sued if something happens. They DO NOT have this protection anymore. If something were to happen (ie- lawsuit due to disease spreading) the owner would not have LLC protection and any lawsuit would be filed against HIM directly.
You might be thinking "Well, those agreements I sign when I pick up my badges, they are pretty solid".... NOPE, they list IKKICON LLC. Since the LLC does not exist in Texas, anything you sign has NO legal holding. Infact, anything you signed since they have had "franchise tax involuntarily ended" status has NO legal holding. Your volunteer/staff NDAs, your badge agreements, EVERYTHING. If you had a badge revoked, sue them.

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if someone coughed up the $79 fee to snag the name IKKICON LLC and sue the owner for using their new business name.

>> No.10592763

>>10592761
TLDR;
>Has not paid taxes in years
>Legally not a business
>Legally cannot operate in Texas
>Any forms / agreements you signed are VOID
>Owner directly liable for lawsuits because no LLC anymore

Someone should contact the host hotel

>> No.10592788

>>10592763
I knew Ikkicon was going to be a mess and had no intention of going purely bc of that but I didn't realize it was going to be this bad kek

>> No.10592791

Ah yes the con where pedo Ken Wallen gets to creep on his guests he ‘works with’ and underage girls.

>> No.10593080

Is there some reason you're putting this out there, or are you just being a dick? I'm not familiar with any cons but the ones in my area. Also their own fault for not paying up I suppose.

>> No.10593094

>>10593080
?

I'm kinda waiting now, i was gonna book a hotel and flight tickets now I'm concerned lol

>> No.10593124

>>10592763
This doesn't even fucking matter you drama stirring moron. Their LLC dispute means absolutely fucking nothing until next tax year.
>Having this status means that the business is CANNOT OPERATE in the State of Texas. More so, being an LLC means that the owner cannot be sued if something happens.
It means revoked out of new contractual obligations. I'm convinced cgl is full of women that don't know basic reading...
>Since the LLC does not exist in Texas, anything you sign has NO legal holding. Infact, anything you signed since they have had "franchise tax involuntarily ended" status has NO legal holding. Your volunteer/staff NDAs, your badge agreements, EVERYTHING. If you had a badge revoked, sue them.
No, it means it's in dispute. Companies are protected by this in the letter of the law moron. The current agreed to is acknowledged, unless the LLC does not file a motion to either A) dispute it(0 reason not to) or B) does not resolve the tax issue; only then are they in jeopardy
>I think it would be absolutely hilarious if someone coughed up the $79 fee to snag the name IKKICON LLC and sue the owner for using their new business name.
All it would mean is they simply change the name to something like IKA-con, and done. You literally have no idea what you are talking about

>>10593080
An LLC can fail to meet the requirements for any number of reasons, generally it's due to lack of revenue.... Which is because COVID, meaning that they probably are exempt from any legal issues so long as their normal business venture proceeds in May. This is like the dumbest fucking shit to not know if an anon could figure out how to navigate a tax website.

I'm not sure how anon doesn't know that a title dispute doesn't know this

>>10593094
Their dispute status doesn't mean shit as the current contract that they have basically only would mean it is an issue for 2022

>> No.10593127

>>10592763
>Owner directly liable for lawsuits because no LLC anymore
No, it means that future business ventures are the owners fault SHOULD they not create a new LLC or resolve it in court. Nothing means the LLC or owner is at fault more than paying taxation fee's.

>> No.10593216

>>10593124
I looked more into it. They have had this status since 2016.
They could actually be in some trouble here with their taxes lol

>> No.10593220 [DELETED] 

>>10593216
Piggybacking off myself, >>10593124 would have been true if and only if this is a newly issued status, but since they have had this for many years now a few of the responses don't hold true anymore. I take my bar this year. Wish me luck.

>> No.10593225

>>10593080
Who knows how many people that Mike has pissed off. Someone wants to stay mad forever.

>> No.10593459
File: 27 KB, 446x331, welp041121.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hopefully not shit

I don't care about panels/guests/vendors as much as just hanging out. Can't expect too much out of the first real 'post' covid con

>> No.10593563

In B4 they start asking for "Donations"

>> No.10593569

>>10593124

Don't worry anon. Texas gulls have a weird culture of attacking events that they themselves (or their friends) are not directly involved with. Look at SJ the last few years.

They make anonymous blog posts,

then they publicly reference those anonymous blog posts.

Then they go to the media with those public references. The media gives zero fucks about truth or context and is after what gets them paid (clicks) so they post juicy headlines

Then those same gulls point to the news articles saying "see? See? Don't believe me? Believe the news then!"

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-06-07/san-japan-chair-resigns-after-claiming-poc-guests-arent-profitable/.160359

https://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/archives/2020/06/08/san-japan-chairman-dave-henkin-resigns-after-getting-called-out-for-racist-tweet?media=AMP+HTML&__twitter_impression=true

http://archive.li/RdLTi

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/local/article/San-Japan-leader-calls-himself-an-idiot-after-15319698.php

Hit price after Hit Piece.

The thing is, it never actually hurts the businesses bottom line. And it's just one big internet circle-jerk to try and "drama" themselves and their friends to relevancy.

We've seen it 3-4 times with a couple different events now here in TX. First AM, SJ last year, looks like Ikki is this year. Nothing to worry about. Just some lonely, untalents trying everything they can to get eyes on em'.

>> No.10594768

Tbh the only thing sketch about this is:
1- they haven't paid taxes in years
2- con during the plague

Its definitely shitty that he hasn't paid taxes since 2016 (as records show), but honestly a missing $100k in back taxes (just throwing a number out) is a drop in the bucket and won't make a difference at all in the state budget.

We are still waiting to hear about their covid protocol. It might say you have to be fully vaccinated. I would support that.

>> No.10594811

>>10594768
>It might say you have to be fully vaccinated.
Doubtful, they're desperate

>> No.10594959

>>10593459
Me too, just bought mine and the tickets. I’m already planning my cosplay lineup and I plan to go no matter what. My last con was Ikkicon 2019, actually. It has been far too long.

>>10593569
I’ve heard all of that stuff, but never realized it was from a bunch of nobodies lol. Good to know.

>> No.10594968

>>10592788

Shit, that's all the more reason to go. It's an opportunity to live something special.

>> No.10595733
File: 219 KB, 1242x1539, potat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10592748
I don't give a shit, already bought my ticket and hotel room. Me and the lads are going to get fucking RAGING drunk and shoulder check homosuck fans hard.

>> No.10596783

Any of you that are going are brain dead retarded

>> No.10596795

>>10596783
elaborate

>> No.10596799

>>10596783
stfu grandpa

>> No.10596957

>>10594768
>con during the plague
Its not a plague. Its literally a watered down flu.

>> No.10597297

>>10592748
>>10592761
This doesn't mean he didn't pay taxes
It means he didn't properly report his earnings to see whether he had taxes due.
If you don't make a million in revenue, you don't pay franchise tax, only federal taxes (llcs rely on their owners to pay the taxes federally)
All he'd have to do is give the government his tax forms and pay the late filing fees.
This is EXTREMELY common, because single member llcs often misread policies that mention sole ownership exemptions (like the franchise tax)

Don't start accusing people of tax fraud if you have no idea how taxes work.
Who knows, he could be cheating, but what you posted doesn't mean anything.

Also, operating a business without proper licenscing (which is what you're accusing him of) doesn't make it NOT a business. It just means he'll have fines.

>> No.10597541

>>10597297
They have been doing this to AM for years....like since 2014.....and it's STILL running. You'd think they realize how fucking stupid they look by now.

>> No.10597609

>>10597541
AM is extremely shady as a business though, always has been.
The owners just think they're being smart by exploiting loopholes, but loopholes and technicalities always come dangerously close to law breaking.
If the IRS ever came after them, they'd be screwed.
The con would still go on though. Everyone forgets the government can't take money you don't have, so they usually let you pay off over time.

>> No.10597682

>>10597609

What's the complication?

Why would the IRS be chasing down cons?

Is management using it as a personal slushfund and writing off personal expenses as con expenses?

>> No.10597711

>>10597682
>What's the complication?
Oh, there's just a lot of stuff that a regular business owner gets wrong because they don't understand legalese.
Like when you run multiple businesses (like AM does) then when you bankroll one business with funds from another (totally legal) there's specific procedures, and you have to report it a certain way to make sure the irs understands what you're doing. It's to avoid the appearance of money laundering. But a lot of people don't do it because it doesn't occur to them that criminals also do that to cover their tracks.
>Why would the IRS be chasing down cons?
99% of cons will never show up on the IRS radar. They don't make enough money. AM is a little different because they take a lot of business trips to hawaii and japan. Those will be flagged for inspection. They're probably making vacations of it, but the fact that they also actually do business (get contracts signed, launch evens, schmooze industry guests) will cover most issues.
Remember, most irs audits don't actually find anything wrong, but most people are woefully unequiped to handle an audit. They lack the papertrail.
>Is management using it as a personal slushfund and writing off personal expenses as con expenses?
Oh, no doubt, but a con business the size of AM actually has a legal defense.
It's like real estate. They can write off a ton because they're basically always on the job. The car they lease, the clothes they buy, it's all about building an image.
The thing that'll most likely fuck AM over if anything is payroll. How they handle it, who handles it, etc. Their books are almost non existent, which isn't a sign of guilt, but makes it nearly impossible to defend against accusations.
Matsuri is a multi million dollar (in revenue, yearly) company. Despite this, their profit margins are fairly low. They'd be considered a small business by any standard, and some banks wouldn't give them a loan based on this size. So odds are they're under the radar

>> No.10597917

>>10597609
The con is still running...we gonna do this in 2021 too? You do realize how silly you look, yeah?

THIS year will be the year, right? Pfft.

>> No.10598021

>>10597917
We are dealing with morons who want to full blast that these shady cons still exist. Go ahead to call the whistleblower hotlines. See if they'll be investigated if they are running on blatantly cooked books.

Nothing happen? seetheydontcare.jpg

They pay the right people the right money so they can make a business look legitimate. The suits aren't wasting their time on cgl listening to screaming gulls.

>> No.10598085

>>10598021

>"It's not ME...it can't be...the...they MUST be doing something illegal...paying SOME high level official off or using SOME SORT of loop hole...yeah...yeah that's it.. I'm not crazy I...I promise"

Bruh it's been nearly a decade, and like 5 boycotts lol let it go, you're just wrong. and anyone with half a brain can clearly see that. It's just cringe at this point. The fucking Mayor himself shows up every year and you think they owe the city money? HAHAHA!! If they owed the city money, the mayor's office would be shutting them down, not ACTIVELY ENDORSING the event. It's actually more likely that AM makes the city a TON of cash, and that's why the have THE CITY'S ENDORSEMENT.

Mayor's office:

>Oh yeah, you owe a fuckton of cash...let's schedule a time for the mayor to show up and give a declaration, making "Anime Matsuri day" a city holiday

Wait wait let me guess, they paid the mayor off too, and now he is skating their taxes for them, hahahaha!

Fucking Qanon tier shit in the Houston Lolita Scene, and it's hilarious to see.

>> No.10598097

>>10598085
It's amazing the amount of SCREEEEEEEEEs go on but nothing changes. Give it up gulls as your voice doesn't matter. Even BAM gave up.

>> No.10598098
File: 3.11 MB, 4032x2268, 470.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10598021
AM makes the city of houston a metric fuckton of cash. It was even declared a citywide holiday. I doubt they owe taxes lol. It's hilarious to me how little research these boycotts actually do. And they wonder why they fail... every. single. time.

>> No.10598199

So when can we expect an idea of a schedule for this thing?

Is Sunday a 'full day' since it's memorial day weekend or still ending at a normal time?

>> No.10598200

>>10598199
Usually, people stay if they like. But most people leave out.

>> No.10598207

>>10598085
Nayrt and idc about anime cons payimg taxes, but Ikkicon is always shit (maybe it will improve with the change in venue and other things this year) and AM is okay but the Leighs are creeps, at least Jon was toward underage girls in the lolita community and we have all seen the receipts, so I avoid the con for that since I attend cons for jfashion stuff more than anime, and warn other lolitas about it but I'm not gunning to shut it down. Even if the organizer is a creep, he won't run it forever and it doesn't affect most other people involved in the event. My bf worked directly with Leigh on stuff at AM one year though as a vendor/not directly employed by them and supposedly he treats a lot of people like crap and is a shitty dude, so for the sake of those working there I'd rather someone else be in charge eventually. Still, acknowledging these events or anecdotes doesn't mean people are obsessed with taking down a particular person or con in particular.

>> No.10598371

>>10598207
>acknowledging these events or anecdotes doesn't mean people are obsessed with taking down a particular person or con in particular.

You are tone-deaf. The boycotts were screaming that AM should get sold to someone else to stop their atrocities. No one is going to buy an event with a horrible track record attached to it if they can't quickly double their investment. You can't make a fuck ton in return from anime cons. We can pray for the day that when AM goes tits up when they run out of money. Until then nothing will change.

>> No.10598381

>>10598371
Nothing is tone deaf about what I said? I don't think that means what you think it means anon.

>> No.10598387

TARRRD FIIIIGHT!!

>> No.10598513

I like how this is an Ikkicon thread, and AM is being discussed more. If this doesn't show you the state of this con...

>> No.10599449

>>10598513
Compared to what the other con threads look like on this board I'll take it. It's at least not 2-3 anons posting about how attending the con will literally kill all grandma's and grandpa's in the world sitting at home watching Walker Texas Ranger.

First time attendee here as the con's always been during a part of the year that's made it near impossible to attend. Seeing as it's during memorial day weekend I expect some places to be packed and wondering if taking the lightrail somewhere would be worth it over trying to find something downtown, looks like the stop for it is right at the convention center which is nice. Not looking for anything to extravagant but would rather not be in downtown austin waiting half an hour in the heat for a 7 dollar slice of pizza or something.

>> No.10602751

Going to this con and expecting a good enough time, wouldn't be surprised if most the doomers ITT will show up regardless just because a convention is that important to them.

>> No.10602759

>>10599449
The lightrail in Austin isn't great atm as far as where it goes. There are tons of good places to eat all over town besides packed bars and chain restaurants. Plus most people will be at the lake memorial day

>> No.10605050
File: 425 KB, 731x720, 1557945312883.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>less than a month out
>people screaming for cons to return
>dead thread
What went wrong?

>> No.10605104

>>10605050
people will start getting active as we get closer. it's at the end of may

>> No.10605135
File: 21 KB, 400x400, dbS15-ja_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10605104
Anon's got a pretty good point. ColossalCon is slightly further off and it's getting WAY more attention. Ikki is back on my list, but I'm not really sure what to expect. Anime St. Louis last week didn't get a whole lot of attention on here either, but it was the most crowded of the four cons I've done since December, by far.

>> No.10606598

26 days... no panel info or event info or anything. Ah, Ikkicon...

>> No.10606599

>>10606598
From what I've heard with other cons that happened this year it seems that throwing something down 2 weeks out is the norm now.

>> No.10606667

>>10606599
You heard wrong then

>> No.10607312

Not that I am expecting some knockout schedule from this con, but it would actually be nice to see a fucking schedule. You think with 3 weeks to go they'd have SOMETHING

>> No.10607437

>>10607312
lmfao i think panel submissions have been open, what, one week?

>> No.10610383

>still no schedule

It's like they want people to just stay the fuck away

>> No.10610387

>>10605135
>Anime St. Louis
>limited capacity
>mask policy enforced
>no fun allowed just panels and dealers room.

Who would attend a panel fest convention?

>> No.10610390

>>10610387
Another thing about ikkicon...vaccines are here, and Texas is fully open. Why are theyre still having a covid policy?

>> No.10610391

>>10610383

They already sold out of the reserved hotel rooms

>> No.10610392

>>10610390

Lawsuits. They need to cover themselves in case someone gets Covid and tried so sue the con.

>> No.10610398

>>10610392
Despite vaccines you still need to wear masks because "muh liablity"

Pathetic!

I dont know why people are still attending.

>> No.10610416

>>10610390
It's called covering your ass, especially with how Karen's are flipping out there is no reason not to include the clause. It's just a face value thing, any lawyer would tell you to include shit just cause why the fuck not. Never means you have to enforce it hard after the client agrees, just means they can't sue you.

>> No.10610425

>>10610416
Oh theyre are conventions that are enforcing it and theyre enforcing it hard.

>> No.10610438

>>10610425
Yeah been to a few this year, but I'm just saying there is no reason for them not to state this kind of shit from a business perspective.

>> No.10610708

>>10610416
>>10610392

Boxing literally just had a ~75K person event in Texas.. Most people in the audience clearly weren't wearing masks. How are they comfortable with this but a two cons with 10k people aren't?

This is because hotels are being fucking retarded.

>> No.10610711

>>10610708
Different crowds plus Ikkicon is Austin based and more people in that area care about that sort of thing. Also the majority of hotels and other low wage paying businesses are horribly understaffed so upping COVID precautions is either a way for them to try to virtue signal to employees who don't want to go back to an awful work environment or a way to reduce the number of attendees to make things more manageable for them.

>> No.10610802

>>10610711

Being Austin makes a huge difference, it is trying to be the San Francisco of the South West. They decided to ban urban camping this month because of all of the homeless people that have tent communities wherever there is an open spot of grass.

Not only that but Ikkicon is being held in downtown Austin where there are lots of homeless people. So have fun with that if you didn't get a room that is hosting the con.

>> No.10610836

>>10610802
The banning camping is actually the opposite of SF and LA really, because they are essentially getting rid of all the homeless camps or trying to and people DON'T want them shacking up downtown and under every overpass. Eventually they'll all be forcibly relocated rather than allowed to live everywhere.

>> No.10611019

>>10610391
thank God I got it in time

>> No.10611020

>>10610425
Im not wearing shit. They wont have the staff to get everyone, and ikkicon is going to be packed this year

>> No.10611026

>>10610391
I had no problem getting a room today. I'm not sure what you're looking at.

>> No.10611806 [DELETED] 
File: 77 KB, 193x193, Serval.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.austintexas.org/event/ikkicon-2021/358578/

Schedule finally out

>> No.10611819

>>10611026

I just checked and they are out of rooms. They are probably waiting for the current block of rooms that they have are sold before putting more up for people.

>> No.10614018

if youre going to ikkicon and wanna party shoot me a message on discord. gonna have all kinds of stuff.

Mengatasan#2276

>> No.10614078

Anyone from out of town going? Feels like it would only be worth it for locals, what with three whole guests that are just local actors that aren't exactly extremely famous.

>> No.10614235

>>10614078

> what with three whole guests that are just local actors that aren't exactly extremely famous.

Has Ikkicon ever had big name people come? It has always been a smaller con that didn't have big name people.

>> No.10614363
File: 14 KB, 647x125, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is this real? Is Austin downtown really that fucked?

>> No.10614366

>>10614363
Parking downtown has always been shit but I thought most decent hotels usually include garage parking in your room? Maybe they're trying desperately to make more money in the wake of losing profits bc of the previous lack of travelers. You can find street parking or garage/lot parking in downtown Austin for far cheaper than $54 a day. Some of the university garages also tend to be open a lot depending on the day of the week and are cheap as shit if you don't mind taking the bus or a rideshare to where the hotel is.

>> No.10614367

>>10614363
$20-$30 has become the average to park in downtown Austin if you don't want to get hassled by homeless people.

>> No.10614369

>>10614366
it's convenient to have a car in the same hotel so you can carry your stuff up easier. But 50 a day is a fucking ripoff if it's not included in the room charge.

>> No.10614371

>>10614367
>we have to pay premium to avoid the homeless

City life eh?

>> No.10614372

>>10614367
The area that used to be basically a parking lot for people on 6th street is still a homeless camp. Prop B went into effect May 11th and none of the worst areas that I pass by have been removed. Maybe it's better in the area near city hall and the soco bridge but not much has changed in the areas I drive by, which is also why it was dumb to only limit the camping ban to downtown and made it seem like less of a legitimate desire to get people off the street and more just a bunch of rich millennials whining about their overpriced apartments/condos' property value or aesthetic. Fuck everyone who is too poor to live in a downtown high rise I guess.

>> No.10614374

>>10614369
>50 a day is a fucking ripoff if it's not included in the room charge
Agreed. Stayed at a hotel in Dallas just last year and it was free/included and cheap as shit. They are probably price gouging to reduce garage congestion during the event if not just to scam people out of money.

>> No.10614376

>>10614372
Austin use to look so fucking comfy. I really hate it's becoming Portland 2.0. Homeless fucking everywhere.

>> No.10614382

>>10614376

Yeah, Austin is becoming a shithole. Hopefully it will just stay contained there.

>> No.10614386

>>10614382
even liberal people agree removing camping bans back when adler did was useless; the city has tons of money to help the homeless (plus some nonprofits around that are doing more than the mayor), but the city officials aren't doing shit and the lack of a ban and overpriced rent has led people to end up piling up on the streets more and more. adler is a pos mayor

>> No.10614537

>still no schedule
(worried laughter intensifies)

>> No.10614658

>>10614235
I mean, Christina Vee was there last year and that was nice.

>> No.10615576

They do know they need to actually provide a schedule right? We are now 1 week away and still nothing unless I've miseed it somehow. How much of a shit show is this going to be.

>> No.10615584

>>10615576
This is normal for this trash con. They also NEVER follow it. Programs and panels get moved around without telling guests, canceling panels are never announced either. This has happen years in a row each time I went. Also huge influx of SJW panels now

>> No.10615591

>>10615584
I mean, with the other anons posting here kinda understand this one isn't exactly great for panels. With covid I can see it being even a bigger mess but you think they would at least have given a "version 1 subject to change" or some shit by now.

Not looking to see anything mind blowing here, but at least something basic like hours of operations to vendor hall or con in general.

>> No.10615593

>>10615591
Ikkicon is known as a shit con for a reason. A new venue can't hide the fsct that everything about it is below the bare minimum half the time.

>> No.10615667

>>10615576
ikkicon has always been a shit show. The only reason anyone goes is to drink and because it's (usually) the only winter con around.

>> No.10616071

>>10615576
>How much of a shit show is this going to be.

Probably bad all around but most people are not going to care, it is their first chance to go to a con in over a year.

>> No.10616602

It looks like they have added a few more guests to the rooster

VA Bryce Papenbrook

Cosplayer Sophii

Comedian Roderick McDaniel

The cosplayer is an actual cosplayer, never heard of the comedian, not sure why he is coming but could be a comedian who is an actual nerd.

>> No.10616837

Is anyone here planning on going to this con?

>> No.10616842

>>10616837
Yeah quite a few, schedule was just posted on their facebook looks still under work. I think most people are just kinda not really dealing with talking about it on cgl after seeing what the other texas con thread ended up being or other con threads for that matter. No real point in posting on cgl about it when the discord, facebook, or whatever chats can be without the: "This con achktually sux", "Holy shit you are going to a con! you will kill people with covid!", or other random ass drama/shitpost crap.

Looks like 10-12 people going in the one discord I am in, know a good bit of others from facebook going too.

>> No.10616894

>>10616842
Spoken like someone not in any of local texas discords. No one's saying you shouldn't go, it's more of a shitty ikkicon planning as usual kind of thing.

>> No.10617318

>>10616894
>Spoken like someone not in any of local texas discords
You make it seem like that's a bad thing.

>> No.10618870
File: 180 KB, 1413x806, 187809846_10158665660054011_2987692936295459742_n.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10616842
Facebook, didn't think to look there because I don't use it. Well if anyone else wants to see the tentative schedule, here it is.

>> No.10619269

>>10618870
Did they get a drunk intern to make this? The spelling errors are terrible "closed for disincecting"

Damn those bugs at cons!!!!

>> No.10619588

>>10618870
K/DA Q&A, as in the LoL kpop group? Or are they going to talk about improving your kill, death assist in a game?

>> No.10619850

>>10619588
It's 100% guaranteed to be a bunch of LoL K/DA cosplayers larping as irl kpop idols answering questions in character. Any panel called Q&A is usually just an excuse for a bunch of kids to RP in front of a captive audience

>>10618870
MHA amogus poggers

I want to come back to cons in five years to see how hyperspecific these dogshit fan panels become

>> No.10619918

>>10619850
The KDA one sounds horrible, I kind of want to see how bad it could be.

>> No.10620809

>>10614018

offer still up, i just wanna get fucked up with cgl friendzz

>> No.10620819

>>10620809
You in the Texas cosplay discord?

>> No.10620871

>>10619918
Eh cosplay rp panels are a dime a dozen, and once you’ve seen one you’ve basically seen them all. Usually it’s a bunch of awkward teens trying desperately to get anyone to ask them a question and then devolving into weird self indulgent shipping RP.

I will say that the K/DA one might be particularly interesting though considering how dramatic K/DA cosplayers tend to be, obsessed with fulfilling their kpop idol fantasies. They also tend to be older so it’s more embarrassing when you know it’s just a bunch of mediocre woman children pretending to be animated Korean women

>> No.10621054

>>10620819
Do you have a link for that discord?

>> No.10621271

>>10620819

im not, post a link?

>> No.10621305

>>10621271
>>10621054

Tried dm'ing you an invite if the same anon

>> No.10621332 [DELETED] 

Oh here ya go just found a pub link https://discord.me/texascosplay

>> No.10621752

Can someone post a picture of the merch room. I wanna see if it is terrible or not before I get passes for tomorrow

>> No.10621801

>>10621752
I'll do in a bit, just check the thread in prob in 1-2 hours. Probably going to upload pictures here of the weekend

>> No.10621846

>>10621752
I didn't get any pictures of it but it isn't bad. The room is bigger than the dealer's room that the con used to be at but there are fewer venders. All the usual sellers are there except for a manga seller. There used to be a company that would be at Ikkicon every year that would do manga but they are not here this year.

The con is smaller than normal but overall it isn't bad. The problem is they have all the rules for keeping everything clean. they tried to do social distancing but that has gone out the window unless you are in a panel room. Hopefully other con's will drop all the safety stuff considering the NBA finals are going on and no one there cares about social distancing or wearing face masks.

>> No.10621878

>>10621801
>>10621846
I am gonna be going then to check it out for a bit. Mad they never fucking posted day passes on the site. But I will be there Saturday rocking my faded purple hair and probably a windows bsod skirt.

I used to do cosplay or crosplay but no energy this year.

>> No.10621916

where da orgy at

>> No.10621921

>>10618870
>DEACONRAP
that tard is still at it?

>> No.10621928

>>10621916
6th street under the bridge

>> No.10621932

Can someone get me a photo of the group of male RWBY cosplayers? Asking for a friend

>> No.10621946

>>10621271
https://discord.me/texascosplay

>> No.10621948

>>10621878
Day passes are $30 at the door

>> No.10621950

this tixr streaming service isn't filling me with confidence to handle the Anime Expo Lite.
No stream, no notification of the problem, it just doesn't load, and no way to refund your ticket until the event itself is notified of the problem (which they have been, and are trying to fix it)
Im honestly a little shocked tixr has such a fucking awful interface and system. Logs you out almost constantly too.
Hopefully other cons will learn from Ikki's mistake and find a different service to stream their panels

>> No.10621967

>>10621950
what shit is even streamed
i looked at the schedule and it seems like one random room is and that's it?

>> No.10621976

>>10621967
looks like they forgot to put the key to the colors
it's everything in purple, and I think some that's in red
So opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, a few panels, cosplay contest,

>> No.10621978

>>10621976
in retrospect, it looks like they decided not to do the cosplay contest afterall. That's strange.
Really strange is why it's a half price for roughly 8 hours of programming, 2 of which didn't get streamed already.

>> No.10621980

>>10621948
I wanted to get the ahead of time but fuck it

>> No.10622014

>>10621978
They’re still having the cosplay contest, I asked the cosplay director a question about some general details about within the past two hours and nobody mentioned it getting cancelled

>> No.10622021

>>10622014
Any idea when they're holding it?

>> No.10622023

>>10622014
I meant they weren't streaming it.
Is the cosplay director that girl from oklahoma that was working the 2019 shows, or someone new?

>> No.10622024

>>10622021
saturday at 6
But it's only scheduled for an hour.
Must only have gotten 30 entries or something

>> No.10622056

>>10622023
Same person, I’m pretty sure

>> No.10622058

>>10622024
I imagine the shortened time might have something to do with the fact they aren’t holding the idol intermission show. I’ve only been once before so I’m not sure if that was an yearly thing or not but there’s that. Also I’m not sure if they’re doing skits this year either. All of that in conjunction with decreased attendance like you mentioned makes for a very short show

>> No.10622203

If you are looking for parking check the convention center, the entrance for the parking garage is on 5th street. It is only $5 to park there for the day.

>> No.10622235
File: 1.64 MB, 2000x2000, 20210529_110845.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anybody watch this last night? No idea what an OTAKU stand up routine would be like outside of stale 15-year old jokes about chimera dog girl & Evangelion not making sense and I am dying to know

>> No.10622253

>>10622203
based anon

>> No.10622302

So the biggest issue with this con is the cleaning they do between each panel. They don't have enough space to have more panel rooms so it really limits the number of panels they can do.

If you have some dead time you can walk through the dealers room or the artists alley but you can easily do both of those in an hour. If there isn't a panel you want to go to you are stuck just walking around waiting for the next thing to happen.

Hopefully other cons will realize this and either shorten the cleaning time, just drop it, or move their con to a place that has more space so they can have more panel rooms.

>> No.10622314

This con fucking sucks lmao. At least I learned my lesson to never attend this con again

>> No.10622319

>>10622314
I went to the first Ikkicon, it was entertaining merely from how absurdly full of people the hallways were. After that I just ask a friend who goes to it, and he tells me about all the fun fails.
I am so glad that Ushicon just missed all the virus freakout. If there was a last con to have for over a year, that's the one I would want.

>> No.10622320

>>10622314
The con has been better in the past but it was also held in a different hotel. If they hold Ikkicon in this hotel next year then I probably won't go.

>> No.10622334

>>10622320
Until the owner(s) can afford it this will probably be it for a while. They keep shrinking in size year to year. Don't expect them to move to the JW.

>> No.10622339

>>10622235
Streaming hasn't worked the entirety of the con so you have to rely on in person attendees, which i suspect was small for that panel

>> No.10622407

>>10622339
So they got streaming up
For 7 minutes
6 of which have no audio
It was an interview segment

>> No.10622413

>>10592748
Everyone told you faggots this con was going to suck, even aside from all the COVID bullshit, just as it always has, but you were all so desperate you just had to see for yourself and you all deserve your disappointment.

Not because of some dumb SJW corona reeing but because you were all stupid enough to expect Ikkicon to be good.

>> No.10622418

>>10622413
I mean JFC they are least tried to hold a con. At least most people here are being considerate about masks instead of hearing Abbott loving shit grinning rednecks screaming that masks are only needed for retards.

>> No.10622454

>>10622413
I hadn't gone to Ikkicon before but had heard mixed things. Was hoping to be pleasantly sirprised but yeah, it fucking sucked. I was dumb for having hope.

>> No.10622469

>>10622454
Cons are gonna suck for awhile.
a LOT of staffers had to move on with their lives since they went 2020 (and in some cases 2021) not being able to work shows.
Staff really are the unsung heroes, and are why things run well. The guys at the top make decisions that make people buy a ticket, but the staff make the attendees feel like they got their money's worth.
Covid means people get their budgets slashed to hell, scheduling cut in half to allow for cleaning, attendance cut.
San Japan might be different, since they only missed one show, and no one will be wearing masks by then, and probably no one will care about cleaning.
But I'd expect things won't run smoothly until 2022.
Matsuri might be some fun, but I've lost all my connections to that show, so I have no idea how they're doing.

>> No.10622472

>>10622469
>San Japan might be different
Kinda doubting that, it's definitely gonna take a hit too just with things being fucked up. Still probably alot better than Ikki though.

>> No.10622474

>>10622472
I only say might because they have 3 more months to learn from ikki's mistakes.
or any mistakes Matsuri makes in July.

>> No.10622477

>>10622474
They both have far bigger venues than Ikkicon. They'll have room to breathe.

>> No.10622612

>>10622418
I heard there was a maskless rave that happened/is happening actually, but I'm vaccinated as anyone who can be should be so mask wearing is not a huge deal to me at the point anyone can walk into a pharmacy and get poked.

>> No.10622613

>>10622477
>>10622472
>>10622474

Literally every other Texas con will be better than Ikkicon just on principle my dudes. Ikkicon was always shit even pre-rona. The other cons were fine in the before times so should at least be manageable and somewhat fun this year.

>> No.10622716
File: 2.39 MB, 3000x4000, PXL_20210529_153636842.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fun con

>> No.10622731

>>10622612
Plenty of people can't get vacced so at a certain point, cons will just have to give up on any sort of mask policy.
I'm hoping that happens by the end of june

>> No.10622782

>>10598371
Trust me, someone would be willing enough to turn AM around and buy them off, just that the Leighs are money hungry crooks.

>> No.10622835

Overall impression of this con.

Pros:
Hotel staff - They did a great job, things were kept clean and organized with plenty of water stations set up.

Attendee's - Unless someone knows of something major happening, everyone attending was being good and not "getting into character" and ruining things for others.

Cons:
Hotel size and setup - The con was over 4 floors instead of one or two.

Time to clean area's - An hour was given to clean a room before the next event, this means the number of panels was half of what it would normally be. Cleaning needed to be done in 15 minutes so the next panel could start sooner rather than later. The panel rooms were small enough where a 15 minute cleaning was possible.

Fewer vendors/artists - The number of vendors and artists was half of what this con usually has. It made it where you could do a walk through the dealers room and the artists alley in an hour and have an idea of where you wanted to go and buy stuff.

Parking - If you were lucky you could park at the convention center for $5 a day, otherwise you were spending between $20-40 for parking each day.

Signs - On Saturday they had signs up with maps of each of the floors but it would have been useful to have for Friday when people were trying to find registration. The other issue there were no signs in front of the doors. There were digital ones that hotel had but they would just say "Ikkicon 11:00 am - 7:00 pm".

Lack of advertising - I've been tracking con's but others don't and Ikkicon is held on the last weekend in December, instead of the middle of the year. There were people who didn't even know about it until a week before the con was happening.

What to do for next time:
This con needs to be back in the Arboretum or somewhere other than downtown. The con is too small for the convention center but there are other hotels in Austin that can handle Ikkicon other than the downtown Marriott.

>> No.10623205

>>10622835
The hotel really sucked. It's a great hotel but it isnt a hotel for a convention. Not to mention the downside of being downtown. So far, the OG hotel was better, but I do wish we had something far closer to what the Sheraton or the Anatole in Dallas was.

>> No.10623235

>>10623205
There isn't anything like that in Austin. The only hotels that are fan con capable besides the convention center in Austin are the Fairmount along with the JW Marriott. Ikkicon is never returning to the downtown Hilton so their options are limited.

When Ikkicon did move to the Arboretum there were years of bitching how it sucked. Too small, too cramp, shitty con hours. There were screams to move back to downtown so they did. This is the same shit again. Maybe a lot of people need to realize that downtown Austin is not a place meant for fan events that isn't RTX. Even Wizard bailed.

Colossalcon Texas will be a fresh change but I expect to see a ton of bitching on how it is in the middle of nowhere when people not familiar with Round Rock see where it's located. It's 3 miles from the highway. If you don't access to a car you're stuck at the waterpark. It'll be the same shit again on the bitching.

>> No.10623249

>>10623235
>Ikkicon is never returning to the downtown Hilton
Is it too expensive for them or?

>> No.10623263

>>10623235
Round Rock is worse than downtown Austin. At least there's good food downtown and other shit to do besides just the con if you get tired or bored.

>> No.10623286

>>10623263
Round Rock is easy to drive through

I'm going to a fucking con for the con, not waste time in yet another overpriced stupid city.

>> No.10623311

>>10623286
Waterparks are grody white trash locations though and that's the only fun-ish thing as part of the con considering it'll only be a bit better than Ikkicon as a post-covid con.

>> No.10623322

Anyone need a lawyer?

>> No.10623355

>>10623249
Hilton and Ikkicon had a bad divorce.

>> No.10623360

>>10622782
No one is willingly buying tainted cancer. When AM dies some big-name company will get their foot into the GRB to take over. There is money to be made in Houston but the Leighs need to die before that will happen.

>> No.10623406

>>10623311
>Waterparks are grody white trash locations though
I see someone has petty first world issues

>> No.10623515

should we just make a texas general? there's at least a few events we could discuss. San Japan is only three months out.

>> No.10623551

>>10623406
I just don't like the amount of festering bacteria, pee in the pool, and the number of children and adults who get injured with no recourse at water parks on the reg.

>> No.10623602

>>10623551
So you think all non whites are clean adults and children that leave the room nice and tidy?

>> No.10623745

>>10623602
No, white trash is just a general vibe/descriptive term. Like trailer park or ghetto being real things but also terms that help give an impression or paint a picture.

>> No.10623792

>>10623745
Then say ghetto instead of "white trash" which is far more fucking specific.

>> No.10623795

>>10622835
You forgot the police busting into some room on the 20th floor when some drunk dude started assaulting some girl and sent her to the hospital.

>> No.10623801

>>10623792
Ghetto is also super specific and equally as targeted to minorities as white trash is to white people. Don't get your panties in a twist. White trash is just the white equivalent of ghetto really.

Not all people in either group behave like either of those descriptors all the time, but the vibe of waterparks in Texas, coming from someone who grew up and lives in Texas, is frequently white trash energy.

You just sound offended that someone acknowledged the existence of any negative connotations of white people when the intent wasn't to be racist or anything at all.

>> No.10623832

>>10623801
White trash is being poor, Christian and being a generational blue collar/red neck worker. White trash is also associated with living in a mobile home.

Ghetto is fighting random people, trying to join gangs, washing and leaving raw meat in the sink for salmonella to spread and being anti-sanitary while living in a government provided residence. Aka the projects.

>> No.10623839

>>10623795
That sounds awful. What kind of injuries? I hope she will get well soon.

>> No.10623870

>>10623832
You realize ghetto people are also blue collar workers and trailer home or redneck people also often recieve government assistance right? And that the food safety concerns you just expressed about raw meat have nothing directly to do with either, right?

Redneck is a term that applies to rural southern white people with a particular culture, and white trash people don't excplicitly have to be rural or southern though people who the term is levied against frequently are. Like I'm fairly sure UK chavs would be considered white trash the same way some people feel the Kardashians are too for desperately wanting black baby daddies to give them cute mixed babies which many people feel is that kind of behavior.

There isn't always an explicit definition either. Some people call anything not as fancy or nice as they expect ghetto just because something is casual, while some people only use the term to refer to people who live in bad neighborhoods and usually minority ones, same thing with redneck or white trash.

Either way, water parks are rrally unsanitary, dangerous with little legal liability for their own fuck ups, and it being the only fun thing to do at or near a con is kinda lame, but even so I'm sure it will be miles better than Ikkicon because it'd be difficult not to.

>> No.10623883

>>10622469
Not Ikkicon staff. They are clueless idiots who only care about themselves. I’ve seen them use the con budget to buy laptops for themselves. I stopped by the staff room as it happened and overheard everything. Yes, the door was open because they are idiots

>> No.10623884

>>10622472
You mean with the racist con chair (now ex con chair) who still get paid for the con? And the pedo 60 year old guest relations guy? Yeah sure sounds better

>> No.10623907

>>10623884
Then don't go faggot.

>> No.10623940

>>10623884
Oh, this fuckwad again, who shows up in every TX thread but is okay with supporting a rapist con owner and an enabler wife. I hope John rapes your sweet ass.

>> No.10623960

>>10623801
Yeah, you're not getting out of this one. Saying "white trash" is specifically accounting for white people. Your two faced lie that it's meant as a general response to all ghetto people is the most retarded take I ever heard

>Saying white trash, that includes black people too!

You're a retard. Just admit you're racist to white people and we can move on.

>> No.10623968

>>10623960
Nice b8, I never said white trash includes black people kek

Just admit your feefees got hurt because you ventured off /pol/ and saw the word white not immediately followed by "good", "pure", and "superior" for once and you couldn't handle it. Fucking sperg.

>> No.10624191

>>10623968
>I never said white trash includes black people
I rest my case.

>> No.10625160

>>10623839
If same one thinking about girl was sent to the hospital with some arm and neck injuries. not sure how that room allowed a girl to get into a headlock in the first place.

>> No.10626313

>>10623940
Fuck the Leighs too I don’t support their shit con. Never even been to it