[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 190 KB, 500x600, a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10551378 No.10551378 [Reply] [Original]

Previous: >>10545843

>> No.10551395

>>10551378
Beige socks sold out almost instantly but I managed to grab one of every other color for the overknees. That was my priority so I'm happy.

Site tripped me up- none of the accessories other than the socks went into the Bears Chocolaterie section, many of them were just listed under new arrivals. Sadly missed out on the apron because of that. RIP.

>> No.10551396

Gdi missed the apron because I misclicked.

>> No.10551399

>>10551395
I missed the apron because I got logged out sometime between this afternoon and now and I didn't double check beforehand. Seriously kicking myself.

>> No.10551409

>>10551399
The apron was a hot item it seems. Very cute and versatile. Scalper prices are going to be bad.

>> No.10551611
File: 43 KB, 686x665, e475925c9f8981adaa2db0918c323bf5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not about the recent release, and this might belong in the feels thread, but holy hell, I don't think I'm ever going to get the remaining dresses on my wishlist.

I hope AP continues to rerelease things, because I don't want to get in a shitty bidding war for a stained dress. Every Milky-Chan JSK, etc is in terrible condition or is bought at lightning speed. I guess I waited too long to make finding these particular prints a priority, but even two years ago, listings went fast.

I just feel so fucking stupid and so disappointed every time I try and fail. I have so much old AP shit, and I can't be happy anymore because the secondhand market is a complete clusterfuck. My wardrobe feels like it's at a standstill because buying anything in sweet is so volatile. I hate that the fashion that brought me so much joy just brings me pain now. It feels like I need to completely step away from it all, but I know I'd just be even more crushed if I missed a sale for something I wanted.

I know someone is inevitably going to say I'm a poorfag or whatever, but I'm so tired of feeling like I'm fighting a thousand people to get one item. It's not even really a money problem. ClosetChild is ruined, mercari and fril feel desolate, and LM was always a gamble. I'll still be here in 5 years looking for the same dresses, but the condition of every one will just be worse by then.

How the fuck do I stop feeling so discouraged when everything good is fading into the past, and I'm at the mercy of dumb luck or AP granting us popular rereleases?

>> No.10551613

>>10551611
I think you need to not step away from lolita necessarily, but take a step back and appreciate what you already have or you’ll just be stuck in an endless cycle of pining for the next dream dress.

I think everyone with collectible hobbies has developed a kind of tunnel vision over the past year because there isn’t really anything else to look forward to or focus on. Every day blends into the next and when the only exciting thing in your life is the thrill of a new sales post, it’s easy to get caught up in it when ordinarily you’d be brought back down to earth by other things.

It’s cliched and you probably know it deep down anyway, but I’m having to give myself this pep talk daily and remind myself that they’re ~just dresses~ and we all die one day etc. I also find it helpful to open my wardrobe and rearrange dresses in colour order and sort through blouses and stupid silly shit like that. Gives me co-ord ideas if nothing else.

>> No.10551615

>>10551613
>just remind yourself of your inevitable impending death, that’ll cheer ya up nonnie

>> No.10551619

>>10551615
That’s the gist, yes

>> No.10551643

Have any britfags been hit with customs from ap paris yet? I made a €159 order with them, and I'm hoping I can avoid it whilst whilst these brexit rules are still new

>> No.10551656

>>10551643
I ordered a necklace shortly before they stopped taking orders <€135. I heard they were messaging people who’d made small orders, so I pre-empted it by adding one of the bear hoodies. The total was about €160 shipped and I budgeted for VAT & handling, but it ended up arriving very quickly and without any charges.

I’ve received three £100+ packages from abroad so far this year and none of them have been charged. I honestly think Parcelforce/Royal Mail are trying to make their own lives easier while things are are still tits up, but I doubt it’ll last. It sounds like other couriers are being a lot less lenient.

Someone on my comm’s fb group posted a screencap implying the rules re: low-value relief had been changed at the very last minute (literally 31/12) and anything under £135 wouldn’t attract VAT. Huge if true, but I can’t find any reference to it when I’ve tried to look it up myself.

>> No.10551657

>>10551656
To add - everything I’ve received has been declared at full value

>> No.10551666

>>10551611
I feel you anon, I feel like I won't ever get my dream dress but I also agree with the anon below. I also like to believe that the items I missed or haven't seen pop up, will one day come to me lol

>> No.10551680

Blouse sold out instantly
I’m hoping I can get it in the USA release but I’m doubtful that they’ll get any better stock

>> No.10551681

>>10551680

Most people will be going for the socks so you probably have a good chance

>> No.10551766

>>10551378
It’s so.. lazy.

>> No.10551768

>>10551766
I hate the apron detailing. I think the poly combined with the busy print make it useless because you can hardly see it. It would have been cute if they'd made the bodice a less busy area or just cut it more simply given than the details get lost.

Maybe it looks better in person. Print itself and colorways are bomb af though and all the acessories and general chocolatyness is just *chef's kiss*

>> No.10551799
File: 241 KB, 500x600, 5_1612275990.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10551768
I like how jsk bodice reminds of heart shaped chocolate boxes. Idk about print though, the colors along with the fabric choice make it kinda too bleak to me. Idk how to explain it, the print is basically a bunch of different shades of brown put on some pastel background. Plus the viera fabric doesn't always help to make the print pop against the background.

I opened AP site right in process of making this rant, and the print looks actually good in stock photos. Idk if it does the same in reality though.

>> No.10551803

>>10551799
I like the jsk the best too i think.

>> No.10551805

>>10551799
I meant on the OP. It has an apron look the same way Rose Tea Garden did but the OP cut makes it harder to see/feels like it doesn't add anything.

>> No.10551810
File: 563 KB, 1154x2048, EtdLwBgVIAEjWvW.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did some research for real life photos on Twitter. This one looks really good, although it was probably taken in darker place.

>> No.10551811
File: 1.43 MB, 2048x1537, EtgloeRVgAAGmdI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10551810
Store photo. Feels like warmer lighting makes it less sharp and vibrant.

>> No.10551814

>>10551811
Mintkismet made a reel of her ivory JSK

>> No.10551817

>>10551611
Rather than focusing on old DDs, you should work on creating "Dream Coords" with pieces you already have, and focus on new releases. If AP's current style doesn't appeal, look to other brands or even taobao shops.

You'll probably never get most of your DDs. That's just a reality of being into this fashion. But you will get pieces that you love just as much as those old DDs if you take the time to look for them.

As a personal example, Fantastic Dolly in red is one of my DDs. So I'm getting Meta's new Lulu Lady jsk. It doesn't have the cute print but it's at least got the same vibes.

>> No.10551820
File: 419 KB, 1486x2048, EtcarRJUUAcdicP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10551814
Looking at her pic rn, but I'm not sure about accuracy of colors since it seems having a filter.

>> No.10551829

>>10551805
I’m in the minority and prefer the OP to the jsk. I didn’t even notice the apron detailing and thought it was just some generic ruffles and buttons. Idk, I just really like the detachable sleeves style. Reminds me of the years right before 2010 sweet, so it tugs at my nostalgia strings.

The heart bodice on the jsk doesn’t really do it for me and feels slightly over designed idk. It’s still cute though.

It’s always nice to prefer the less popular option, more for me.

>> No.10551834

>>10551829
I also like the OP sleeves (which are cotton, actually??? Crazy they'd do that and not just make the dress cotton or a blend too lol), that look is definitely cute. I just wish they'd done nothing special with the bodice as opposed to the effort put into it for it to barely be visible. The JSK does feel a bit off despite being super cute to me, I think because my brain is expecting from the heart for it to be an apron skirt but then seeing the full bodice throws me off but it's still cute.

Honestly if nitpicks like these are the biggest complaints I'll have about any new AP releases this year I'll be happy.

>> No.10551849
File: 156 KB, 400x480, mt2_1607769109.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10551810
It looks really light in mod pictures. That's what it probably looks like in daylight.

>> No.10551855

>>10551834
I agree with that. Like I said I didn’t even realize they did that with the bodice. The jsk design would be so good as an apron skirt.

It’s also cool to see them doing blouses in cotton again. I don’t have enough chocolate prints to warrant getting the one from this release, but I’m hopeful the trend will continue.

>> No.10551876

>>10551613
>>10551619
anon I totally get ya. I'm pretty happy with the wardrobe I have now after 10 plus years of collecting. I still have a long list of dresses I've sold in the past that I desperately want to buy back but in the end, they're just dresses. Whether I physically have them now or later doesn't bring as much weight on my thoughts as it did before. Brands are getting better with rereleases. Although secondhand shops aren't getting that many great things, Japanese auctions have a few gems that pop up and I'm willing to throw down more money if I feel it's worth it. But yeah in the end you can't take all your dresses with you when you die.

>> No.10551885

>>10551882
Nice b8, moid

>> No.10551889

>>10551613
>tunnel vision
Ayrt and your post is pretty accurate to what I'm feeling. I've played it pretty safe with covid, which means I've been doing nothing but existing. I'm not even eligible for the vaccine until it hits the general public, because I'm not sick enough or important enough job-wise to be in the priority groups. I honestly wish I had diabetes or was obese so I could qualify for the vaccine early and have a little more freedom in my life.

It sounds pathetic, but the only sense of progression in my life currently is my wardrobe/hobbies. Everything else is just a worthless grind towards a future on hold. So when I'm sitting here watching everything go up in flames, it really gets to me when I can't even throw money at a dress. And it's not like I'm new to the fashion and decided to copy someone's wishlist, I've already been looking for these items for a long time and have just failed over and over again to get them.

>>10551817
>focus on new releases. If AP's current style doesn't appeal, look to other brands or even taobao shops.
I think this is one of the things getting me down though. I'm very uninterested in anything other than AP. And AP's releases (minus accessories) are dismal. I haven't bought a new dress from AP (that wasn't an MTO) since 2016. I'm hyperfocused on secondhand sales and that's probably why I get so messed up about it. Maybe in some messed up way, that means I don't even like the fashion anymore? I think AP finally rereleaseing SC again and things like CTP has made me impaitient for more.

>> No.10551892

>>10551889
My girl you need to re-evaluate your priorities. I love lolita and I love my collection. Yes there are tons of things that I want and can't find. That's just how it be. But it's just dresses, and honestly if it bothers you THAT much it's probably actually about something else and you should get some therapy.

>> No.10551900

>>10551892
Yea and anon is mentioning Milky chan, I get that it can be expensive but it's definitely not rare

>>10551611
Can I see your wishlist? I'm really curious now

>> No.10551905

>>10551900
Anon isn't saying it's rare. Just that it's damaged, price-gouged, or bought too quickly due to the large influx of competition. At least that's what I've seen lately about Sweet.

>> No.10551910

>>10551905
It's not price gouging when people do 7 day auctions and lm users bid it up to $500 or whatever

>> No.10551943

>>10551910
Sorry I misspoke. You're right that it's mostly bidding wars. There's a few Japanese sellers who will throw up any old AP dress for 1k~2k though

>> No.10551983

>>10551889
(This is >>10551817)

That's what I mean, though. You're the one making the choice to focus on old AP. You haven't bought a new release from them since 2016 and that alone tells me you aren't making an effort to stop your hyperfocus. AP releases like 20+ series per year so it's really a stretch to think that they've released NOTHING you'd like in the past four+ years.

And likewise you're the one making the choice to be interested only in AP burando. Quit lurking on secondhand sites looking for holy grail decade-old dresses, and start putting that energy towards new stuff. If you don't like Baby try Meta or MAM, or stuff your wardrobe with cute OTT shit from taobao. There's plenty of other options available to you.

>> No.10552042

>>10551829
I also like the OP better. We're definitely the minority though as the JSK sold out quickly online and all colors of the OP are still in stock a day later.

>> No.10552047

>>10551889
I don't exactly relate to your situation but I get what you're going through and it's very obviously not about the dresses themselves. I wish I had some advice for you but I still struggle with how the pandemic has impacted my life constantly. I hope at least knowing you're not alone can help you feel a little better.

>> No.10552073

>>10551983
>AP releases like 20+ series per year so it's really a stretch to think that they've released NOTHING you'd like in the past four+ years
I'm not the anon, but I don't think it's a stretch. I'm seeing more and more people who hate "modern" AP, including myself. I'm bias, but until AP brings back their signature details or at least cotton dresses, I'll just be buying accessories. You can already see the shift because accessories sell out two times faster than main pieces during releases. There's been a few good prints, but polyester and poor construction ruined them. Be My Valentine, Ice Cream Parlor, and Moco Moco Bunnys were all good prints cursed to die by lifeless polyester. I refuse to buy them.

Telling people to "just go buy another brand" when they've already built an AP wardrobe is kind of empty advice. I get that you're saying there's other cute stuff, and there is, but nothing has ever held a candle to old 2010-2014 AP. I've seen this advice thrown around a lot lately, and there's probably a reason people stick to AP. I'm an AP whore myself and kind of an AP "purist," so I can understand where the other anon is struggling. I've gone down the road of buying other stuff to satisfy my need for ~kawaii~ and later it just felt like trash purchases. I'm actually trying to rid myself of all my Btssb stuff because I tried it and I don't like it.

>> No.10552077

>>10552073
Moco moco bunnys was never going to be cotton based on the type of allover print it is. It is weirdly faded looking sadly but they'd have designed it totally differently for cotton I feel like.

This year their new stuff is closer to what everyone likes but there's still a ton of poly.

Also side note anyone heard from Tenshi on the second payment and delivery for Freshly Picked Strawberries MTO?

>> No.10552083

So now I'm actually curious - when was the last time everyone purchased a JSK/OP during a new release? Not counting MTOs/rereleases.

>> No.10552087

>>10552083
I purchased multiple cuts/colors of little witch and tons of the matching accessory series, and placed a preorder for the SC MTO.

no series have really caught my eye for this year yet, hoping that'll change.

>> No.10552090

>>10552083
Melty Cream Donuts (but it was the 2nd release). Though even that is a different AP era than now

>> No.10552223

>>10552083
Well so far I have bought every release this year.

>> No.10552226

>>10552223
All two releases? Or did you buy the solids too?

>> No.10552232

>>10552083
Last year I bought
>Girly Sticker jsk
>Royal Crown Berry sk
>Dolly Heart jsk in all 3 colorways
>Neon Star Diner full set MTO

Plus four purses and some jewelry. If AP still released skirt cuts I would have bought way more.

>> No.10552235

>>10552083
That $600 usagiyorokobu hananoen OP because you’d think AP would’ve created dress with bunnies and sakura before

>> No.10552245

>>10552235
That dress is cute as shit, one of my favorites that I own.

>> No.10552251

>>10552073
It's like you want to live in misery. I don't know why you're crying over poly so much. It's not like their cotton dresses were always good either. I remember Honey Cake, Chess Chocolate and Melty Chocolate having really stiff and flimsy cotton and thinking I'd prefer their poly chiffon.

>> No.10552260

>>10552251
>It's like you want to live in misery
I just don't like polyester and the lackluster cuts AP has been making. I'm not going to buy something that I know will just rot in my closet. I mean I have polyester dresses that make sense designwise, but polyester for plain printed dresses is a complete cop-out. I've seen some of the newer releases in person and they don't impress me. I don't actually understand how anyone can own older AP dresses and buy new AP dresses and be happy with it. I've almost been assuming that everyone drooling over new AP must be new because it's so bad.

>> No.10552261

>>10552260
Now you just sound like a larper

>> No.10552262

>>10552251
Do u even own cotton HC? I have the jsk in pink and it feels like the same cotton in my sugary carnival jsk.

>> No.10552263

>>10552261
What makes it sound like I'm pretending?

>> No.10552278

>>10552263
For thinking that everyone who doesn't like the same things as you must be new. Get over yourself

>> No.10552279

>>10552262
Yes I do which is why I was completely confused over the „HC MTO is poly“ discussion. Like, it’s not even one of their good cotton dresses? I mean, I get that HC uses bad poly, I got the poly headbow to match, but if they used their good poly for it, I might’ve switched my cotton one for a MTO set.

>> No.10552281

>>10552260
And that’s exactly where you decide to be like this. AP has released so many different dresses over the last years with a wide wide range of prints, cuts and quality. Saying you like not a single release means you’re clinging to a short period of „dresses you like“ and putting them on a pedestal. This way you won’t be happy in this fashion for very long now.

>> No.10552283

>>10552226
Just the prints. Some I ordered last December cause I attended the tea party and some I bought this year.

>> No.10552295

>>10552260

Ayyy, I don't really want to get in on your AP-poly-is-bad discussion but since you asked.

I buy taobao and my most recent purchase is a taobao print fabric. This stupid thing is showing runs and white threads and all I did was handle it like regular fabric. It's my nth dress, not like it's the first, none of my other fabrics are this finicky.

In comparison to that, AP is great. AP is wonderful. AP at least won't show white threads if you get a run in them. I usually end up with a special set or two every year and the dresses get worn so much and still stay looking awesome.

As for cotton, I won't lie. I like it too. But I also like the poly stuff. It's so lightweight and it rolls up so small. Summer cotton needs to be ironed and the twill cotton stuff is so heavy. It looks good, though, so I still like them. But I can't hate on either one. AP cotton is gorgeous, but AP poly is also awesome and convenient.

What other praises should I sing? I'm taking a break from the aforementioned dress and at this moment I utterly love all burando so much just for having good, consistent fabric printing.

>> No.10552299

>>10552295
People tend to think polyester = bad, but there's good things about it too! for one, it doesn't bleed, it's easy to clean and the color will stay vibrant

>> No.10552306

>>10552299
See that's a lie, poly can bleed too.

>> No.10552531

>>10552083
Bear’s Chocolaterie OP
Lovely Poodle red special set
Toy Museum
Neon Star Diner

>> No.10552540

>>10552083
Little Witch but before that... Maybe that Bat OP cutsew dress that came out a couple of years ago. I'm just not a huge fan of recent releases, everything is kind of muted. It feels like recent releases are just some print on some poly fabric. Which would be okay but AP is doing less and less with details, bows, extras, etc... It's getting boring.

I did like Ice Cream Parlor but had no luck when it released.

>> No.10552556

>>10552262
The person claiming cotton HC is somehow stiff and flimsy is clearly larping. HC cotton feels like my CCS, maybe thinner, but very soft and not super thick like Little Bear's Cafe or Lyrical Party or some other cottons, but definitely not stiff or flimsy at all. I like that it is cotton while not being way too warm like some thicker dresses

>> No.10552558

>>10552281
I'm not clinging to anything. That doesn't even make sense. No recent release has been good in my opinion. Accessories have been interesting but not the actual dresses. It's just an opinion and me not liking current AP releases just means you'll have an easier time buying them.

>> No.10552563

There is a difference between new releases not suiting someone's tastes/material preferences and them all being bad or ugly.

>> No.10552568

>>10552563
you missed the unpopular opinions thread.

>> No.10552570

>>10552568
Unless you're being funny, no, it seems like anons nostalgic for old AP are assuming that because something isn't what they want that it is inherently ugly or a bad release. I acknowledge lot of new AP releases are cute, they're just not what I personally want for my lolita wardrobe for various reasons. Why is it so hard for people to see that something can be cute or nice without being their personal fave?

>> No.10552625

>>10552295
>>10552299
I rly like poly too, mostly for the practical reasons e.g. generally washes well, and you can usually stuff it into a hideously overfilled wardrobe without worrying about the kind of state it’ll be in next time you wanna wear it.

I’d probably prefer cotton if I had more wardrobe space/less of an attachment to my vast Liz Lisa collection. They’re polyester too. Some of my LL dresses are old as fuck and still look fresh out of a 2010 issue of Popteen.

The microplastics thing is a concern, but cotton production isn’t always 100% kosher either

>>10551799
Deeply regret not going for the wine jsk lads. It was there on AP Paris and I wasn’t feeling it but now I can’t stop thinking about the fact that the bodice is a chocolate box

>> No.10552627

>>10552570
>Why is it so hard for people to see that something can be cute or nice without being their personal fave?
Yeah, this. If you think it's ugly, fine, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks it's ugly.

>> No.10552634

>>10552625
If you want it badly enough, it's being scalped

>> No.10552638

>>10552570
i was just trying to be funny.

>> No.10552660

>>10552638

Ahh okay lol my bad.

>> No.10552663

>>10552260
I've been wearing lolita for 10 years and I like new AP. It took me a while to get used to poly instead of chiffon, but honestly I've decided I like it. I'm in my 30s and I have better shit to do than ironing. You need to get over yourself, obviously lots of lolitas are happy with new AP because they are still going strong.

>> No.10552667

>>10552663
I wish I felt the same. I very badly want to be excited for new releases and I'm just... not. I'm actually happy I didn't wind up buying Ice Cream Parlor when I had the chance because even though it was a cute print, it was missing all of AP's charm.

>> No.10552697

>>10552667
Yeah, I will agree with you that AP is way different now, I can see why it wouldn't appeal to those who are nostalgic for their older stuff. I'm just at a point in my life now where I'm older and my style and preferences are changing. Their new prints aren't as appealing to me, but I am in love with their more retro style stuff (milkshake, the falling heart series etc). Some of the new long length solids are really elegant as well although less practical for every day.

>> No.10552710

OT but why is Dream Sky in black so (seemingly) rare? It hasn't been listed forever

>> No.10552752

>>10552710
As far as I recall it’s the only colour that wasn’t rereleased

>> No.10552759

>>10552083
Little Witch and Neon Star Diner OPs with a bunch of matching accessories. I mostly buy accessories and socks new, so far there's no main pieces aside from MTOs that have caught my eye yet, however I do like some of the blouses and accessories from the fashion show. As for MTOs I bought the Dream Sky Cutsew OP MTO and am impatiently waiting for Candy Fairy to finally drop. All of this is just 2020/21 though

>> No.10552782

All I want is for AP to use the fabric of Bodyline's Squirrel Party and give it a nice cut with nice lace
>tfw it will never happen
The print is so cute but the dress is so ugly. I have wanted this since a decade now

>> No.10552787

>>10552083
The 2020 lucky packs, I got Pure Heart. I was on a lolita non-buy for 2020 but desu I don’t think I would have gone for anything anyway. I’ve got a spot reserved for Jelly Candy so that’ll be the next one

>> No.10552806

>>10552625
>microplastics
Iirc poly clothes only release a substantial amount of microplastics the first few washes. After that they release less and less to a negligible amount. So if your poly dresses can last longer than your cotton it's really not a big deal.

>> No.10552820

>>10552806
Nta but polyester will last forever and that's the environmental problem with it lol

>human extinction event
>aliens visit earth
>find a perfectly preserved wardrobe of poly pieces
>use lolita on human models to represent our civilization in a museum

>> No.10552887

Fuck I am so over the sweet boom. Every time I want something on the second hand market it sells out within seconds or the price is jacked up sky high. I really picked a shitty time to get back into AP

>> No.10552903

>>10552887
It kinda feels like the Logan Paul pokemon card situation. Towards the beginning of 2020, demand skyrocketed for sweet and prices shot up. Now even if the new influx of buyers leaves the fashion, the market is still screwed and will be for a long time to come.

I kinda laugh and cry at the same time for the new people getting into AP. New releases are hard enough to secure, but secondhand is arguably harder. I doubt I would have got into the fashion if I started during the current boom.

>> No.10552905

>>10552806
>Ingesting microplastics is really not a big deal

>> No.10552908

>>10552782

You could probably do it yourself/send it to a tailor's to replace the lace, if it's something that you've really wanted all these years. There's "replica" lace on taobao (laces.taobao.com should have most of it), it just won't have the AP letters or logo on it.

Personally I always found all of Bodyline's sweet prints too garish in some way or another, but if you really like it, just do it.

>>10552806

They end up in fishes and humans end up eating them, though that's the runoff from all plastics, not just polyester AP dresses.

>> No.10552923

>>10552887
>>10552887
If you've been in the fashion for awhile there are still more obscure Japanese auctions where sweet hasn't been listed as stupid prices. It seems to be just the newbies getting into old sweet who just use LM.

I got a mint Melty Cream Doughnut JSK for $120 a month ago from Yahoo Auctions.

>> No.10552927

>>10552923

That might be because MCD has replicas, so Japanese buyers might be holding back if they aren't 100% sure whether a personal listing is legit or not.

I think it's good advice, just maybe not with a dress that has a replica that might have made buyers nervous.

>> No.10552931

>>10552923
I'm kinda out of touch with chocolate/doughnut prints, but I feel like MCD isn't really part of the sweet boom?

>> No.10552933

>>10552931
It was always going for $300+ even before the boom. It's honestly a HL type print where people will pay retail or more often for it, especially pink, but it's had fewer rereleases than HL

>> No.10552948

>>10552908
There's something nice about the possibility of ingesting a little bit of AP poly

>> No.10552950

>>10552923
Be careful anon, MCD has replicas that are basically indistinguishable. I submitted a SS request for Misty Sky a secondhand SS, and she told me straight up that they don't buy Misty Sky, MCD, or Dream Marine because the replicas are basically clones and the secondhand market is saturated with them.

>> No.10552954

>>10552948
New "My Strange Addiction" episode: "Eats Angelic Pretty"

>> No.10552955

>>10552954
I hate it here

>> No.10552957
File: 216 KB, 1080x583, Mystrangeaddiction.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10552955
>>10552954
>>10552948

>> No.10552958

>>10552556
Call me a larper all you want, I‘m still disappointed in HC cotton. Dresses like Fantasic Dolly were way better, because the cotton has structure and a nice feeling to it.

>> No.10552982

Bought a honey cake necklace from AP to cope that I missed the milky bear jewelry and they just cancelled my order.

>> No.10552984

>>10552982
Really? They cancelled it like a whole week after the fact? I'm sorry anon, that's pretty shitty.

>> No.10553049

>>10552958
You're allowed to be disappointed in it but don't lie and use the wrong words to describe how the dress actually feels.

>> No.10553054

>>10552950
Can't you tell the difference by the washing tag anymore?

>> No.10553091

>>10552982
Do you know why?

>> No.10553094

>>10553049
It’s not a lie to say HC cotton is thin and flimsy compared to good cotton AP dresses. It’s really plain and flat, which might be good for a print to show, but it feels very boring and I could never confidently say it has „good fabric“.

>> No.10553095

>>10552083
I bought Jewelry Snow from the JP sale section. Before that, the Valentine Dress in red I think.

>> No.10553097

>>10553054
They've been replicating tags for years now, both hang tags and inside tags. People have speculated on here that the replicas are actually factory deadstock or QC returns to the factories that actually produce the approved ones since they are so good. IDK if I buy that, since you never see factory deadstock of higher cost popular dresses on cotton. She also told me that she believes that many replica dream marines, in particular, have been circulating on LM since the height of the popularity of the print a few years ago. IDK if they'll re-release MCD, but I wouldn't buy that secondhand.

>> No.10553099

>>10553094
It was described as "stiff" and flimsy, which was contradicting and sounded like someone who has never touched the dress before. It's thin and lighter cotton than some other dresses but not flimsy or stiff either. It is possible to describe a thin cotton and say you prefer thicker cottons without falsely describing it or conflating thick material with good material. Some of AP's poly is thick but it's still not any good, and some of AP's poly chiffon is great but obviously translucent chiffon isn't very thick. Just use the correct terms to express your opinions.

>> No.10553100
File: 180 KB, 320x240, Honey Cake Tokyo Special Set JSK by Angelic Pretty.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10553094
Friendly reminder that Honey Cake had a special set release, which are notorious for having thinner/shittier cotton. It's possible that both could be true.

>> No.10553103

>>10553097
Same here, I sold my MCD and while I'm fairly sure it was original as I bought it from the first owner, I'd never risk a secondhand purchase on it again. At that point I'd rather knowingly buy a replica for less than accidentally pay retail for a fraud.

>> No.10553105

>>10553100
I have the non special set HC and it feels about the same fabric as CCS though my HC was secondhand and much more worn so it does feel a bit less nice than my bought NWT item. Thin fabric does not equal shitty though. A lot of other factors go into what makes a fabric good besides weight.

>> No.10553107

>>10553105
Sure, my main experience with special sets is my Jewelry Jelly one. That print is already bad about fading, but the thin cotton unfortunatley has meant that the waist bow is sad and floppy since they didnt interface it I guess. I know some other $150 ish special sets have had similar cost cutting measures. It wouldn't surprise me if they used slightly less nice fabric for special sets, all I'm saying.

>> No.10553108

Are there any replicas out there of the round MCD JSK? I feel like all the replicas are the OP and regular/JSK

It is the one chiffon dress I really want since chocolate/chocolate sweets are my favorite prints.

>> No.10553118

>>10553100
I currently own the special set and used to own the switching JSK. Both had the same fabric, bit different lace (sadly). Both have the thin, flat fabric. At least they both have built-in pettis, which is something I miss with newer releases.

>> No.10553125

>>10553118
I miss built-in pettis too, anon...it made it easy to wear lolita casually without an extra layer underneath but still give the dress a little shape.

>> No.10553209

Meanwhile Bear’s Chocolaterie jsk in mint is back to AP JP

>> No.10553494

>>10553118
>>10553125
Is there a list or lolibrary tag for which AP releases have a built-in petti?

>> No.10553498

>>10553494
Is it really that hard to go look for yourself?

>> No.10553504

>>10553498
It seems incomplete (like most of lolibrary)

>> No.10553505

>>10553118
I'm so glad I snagged the Melody Toys MTO that had built ins

>> No.10553509

>>10553097
>>10553103
Anon here that bought the secondhand MCD for $120.

I have the a MCD JSK in Ivory I got from AP. This second one is also a JSK in mint.

They are the same in everyway, aside from colorway. The material, tags, etc.. If it's a replica, it's a damn good one.

In general, at what point does being a "replica" even matter if people can't tell the difference? Obviously it hurts the brands, but to you as a consumer, if you don't know, does it really effect you? For all you know, you could already have some.

>> No.10553512

>>10553509
>at what point does being a "replica" even matter if people can't tell the difference?

Honestly, this was my thought. Do anons just expect no one to ever sell these specific dresses again for fear they may be a replica?

>> No.10553515

>>10553512
For me the difference is just price. I don't want to pay burando premiums for even a really good replica.

>> No.10553518

>>10553515
But is it really a replica if you can't tell the difference?

>> No.10553519

>>10553518
Um, yes? If it's fake cool but I won't pay real prices for a fake and if I can't tell I just won't buy it.

>> No.10553555

>>10553519
I think they’re asking about it it on a deeper level than just if it’s literally a replica because it’s not authorized by AP

They’re saying in every real practical level what makes something a replica or not if it’s made in the same factory to the same standards of the same materials? It’s only a legal difference that makes one a replica and one not. Only some words that some people you don’t know said between themselves at some point. But in every single other way it’s the same thing and not a replica

>> No.10553568

>>10553555
yeah the original designer can get paid in exposure from me wearing a replica of their work, nbd

>> No.10553569

>>10553568
Bait and not even good bait

>> No.10553576

>>10553555
It's a replica because someone is illegally profiting off the work of someone else. Taobao is so popular nowadays Chinese factories can easily just make their own shit, replicas aren't excusable morally speaking. But even if you don't think it's wrong, a replica is still a fake and I want to know an item I might resell or wear to a meet or brand tea party is real so I don't make a fool of myself if there are people with the original there and we can tell them apart or the designers notice it's a replica somehow.

Counterfeit products are not counterfeit because they're lower quality, sometimes the quality is fine or materials are fine though often corners are cut. They're illegal because they're stealing the work of the person who owns it basically. And even if a replica is identical to brand in every conceivable way, the legality of it makes it worth less and I want to know for sure which one it is so I can get the appropriate market price.

>> No.10553579

>>10553576
>Counterfeit products are not counterfeit because they're lower quality
this exactly. outside of lolita, you can get items that are 1:1 the same for things like high end bags, but they are still fakes because they were stolen. it works the same way in lolita.

>> No.10553597
File: 69 KB, 556x500, 2Q==.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10553569

>> No.10553671
File: 34 KB, 852x164, shh sleep now.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10553576
Ok but imagine this. Someone is selling 2 completely identical dresses, one is bought directly from the brand the other is a replica bought secondhand becuase they wanted to learn how to tell the difference to warn people. For fun let's say the price is the same. They both get sold and are accidentally switched up. Did the replica become the original?

Or what if AP have actually sold the leftover to the factory, so it isn't illegal anymore?

That being said, I don't understand how people can knowingly wear replicas and not feel weird about it.

>> No.10553733

>>10553671
Assuming that they are 100% identical, manufactured identically, and you really cannot tell the difference, I suppose it wouldn't matter. The replica doesn't "become" the real thing. It will always be fake, but its sort of the "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is allowed to hear it" situation. The person who got the replica would assume down to every thread that what they have is an AP original. And since both dresses were purchased secondhand by the buyers, it doesn't really matter anymore. No money would've gone into AP's pockets even if the dresses were labeled correctly. Secondhand sales don't line their pockets, and if the quality matches and its someone's first AP dress, the replica might actually drive attention to their brand.

Buying a replica vs buying the real thing isn't always just an issue of morality or legality either. Its the consumerist desire to have "the real thing." So if you THINK its real, you're getting the same dopamine hit, and if no one can tell the difference, then it doesn't matter.

In reality though, replicas get pretty damn close but I haven't actually seen one that is 100% perfect like some anons above said. Even old threads about "perfect" replicas with side by side comparisons show that there's some very miniscule differences that someone could pick out if they had two people wearing them next to each other. 2cm difference of lace, slightly different colors, collar is just a little bit short, the thread is the incorrect fabric, etc.

>> No.10553740

>>10551378
I hope the jewelry and these bears are this week's release, but I fully think they will be based on Moco Moco Bunnys. The bears look useless except as decoration and I don't care, they're too cute.

>> No.10553744

Still waiting for Nakayoshi Bunny or Candy Fairy. AP, please don't make us wait til the summer. I want my dresses before 2022.

>> No.10553748

>>10553744
Same, though I'm not too optimistic. SC is already October and it's likely at least one of the two remaining will get pushed to next year.

>> No.10553751

>>10553671

"does the replica become the real thing if I manage to scam the buyer hard enough that they don't notice" has to be one of the weirder debates I'm seeing on 4chan.

>sold the leftover to the factory, so it isn't illegal anymore?

This is actually a common lie when it comes to luxury handbags, you can look it up. It's always a lie.

>> No.10553765
File: 216 KB, 1000x600, tumblr_6686aa7756e20326d8730bfc86f4af1e_1e8d6ea1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't always agree with FF's fixes, but I like this one.

>> No.10553769

>>10553765
Not sure why but the chaos on the left makes it distinctly AP, the right side looks too thought out and looks like taobao

>> No.10553771

>>10553765
As someone who usually hates busy AP prints I still prefer the real one. It somehow doesn't work as well if it's plainer.

>> No.10553782

>>10553765

As someone with a lot of chocolate prints, why did she take out the chocolate bar prints? Surely that's the best part of the print?

(Also agreeing that she simplified too much, and this is from someone who doesn't even like the original AP print either. Left looks like they didn't pay their illustrators enough to come up with enough nice art to put on their prints)

>> No.10553786

>>10553765
i honestly prefer the fix a lot better. The only thing I think should have stayed was the choco border on the bottom edge. I like that its easier to focus on the interesting cut of the heart shaped bodice. The original its so hard to even fucking tell because their is so much going on

>> No.10553802

>>10553744
I think they will release them from around May to September and they'll be ready in spring 2022 as SC is already quite late

>> No.10553921

>>10553671
No, because it's still stealing. Stop trying to justify your shitty behavior

>> No.10553925

>>10553733
>Even old threads about "perfect" replicas with side by side comparisons show that there's some very miniscule differences that someone could pick out if they had two people wearing them next to each other. 2cm difference of lace, slightly different colors, collar is just a little bit short, the thread is the incorrect fabric, etc.

But there are real dresses with similar differences between each other, either due to production error or different releases.

>> No.10553929

>>10553765
I love the fix, I really don’t get why AP is anti border print these days. It gives the eyes more to focus on, and that is more in line with the 2010 style.

>> No.10553933

>>10553782
>Left looks like they didn't pay their illustrators enough to come up with enough nice art to put on their prints

Are you new? That’s the average amount of print older dresses had, it was all concentrated at the border

The fixed version is better because you can actually see the heart design

>> No.10553934

>>10553671
>Did the replica become the original?
why the fuck would that be? for the last time. the replica is a replica because it wasn't released by the company that produces the item. if i go on aliexpress and buy an exact replica gucci bag, it's not a real fucking gucci bag, regardless of how many people think it is.

>> No.10553938
File: 213 KB, 1000x1200, muhfix.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10553765
I'm really not a fan of the fix on this one. It removes a lot of the cutest artwork details and the end result is really unbalanced and bottom heavy. I took a crack at it. Fix 1 is my favorite, simply replacing the ruffle with one of the chocolate print or brown lace. Fix 2 is working off the 'plain fabric' version for the bodice, but keeping the busy skirt and the printed chocolate box.

>> No.10553943

>>10553938
good job anon, bringing back the chocolate bar border and keeping the heart ruffles plain/distinct is the way to go

>> No.10553951

>>10553765
the fix looks like that shitty bodyline print.

>> No.10553956

>>10553933
Nayrt but I think the issue is they didn't scale up the print along the bottom; most border prints have much bigger artwork and the characters and details really overlap each other and take up a lot more room and are a bit bigger than the current scale in the pic.

>> No.10554078

>>10553504
It's run by volunteers. It's pretty difficult to know if there's a built-in petti without owning the dress.

>> No.10554086

>>10553938
Anon fix 1 is so much better I agree. Now I wish the original was like that too

>> No.10554111

>>10553938
>bottom heavy
Have you never seen a border print?

>> No.10554120

>>10554111
The biggest issue with the ig fix is that the print isn't bottom heavy enough desu

>> No.10554202

>>10553938
Anon 1 is the best

>> No.10554203

>>10554202
Just adding the brown on the apron ruffle helps the heart stand out so much better. Anon Fix 1 looks more like the original garment should look than the actual garment..

>> No.10554238

Do y'all think AP SF will finally get moco moco bunnies this week?

>> No.10554242

>>10554238
I think so. I'm trying to decide if I want to fight for the socks or not.

>> No.10554250

>>10554238
Hope so. I want that yellow JSK so bad. It’s so rare they release a yellow colorway that isn’t eye-searing

>> No.10554274

>>10554250
Does anyone think there's a chance SF gets some stock of the mint? I know it was a Shibuya/Nagoya exclusive, but SF seems to be the mint store now.

>> No.10554762
File: 54 KB, 250x333, 7050531a-c708-54d9-9ac1-fc75619a56a0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This topic from sales discussion thread made me wonder, do you guys have any dream blouses? Do people even look for some specific blouse releases second hand?

>> No.10554766
File: 199 KB, 500x600, 5957AE71-C700-4FF0-876F-9F5EACBD7383.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10554762
Yes! I’ve been seeking out the Wonder Patisserie blouse since I saw one of my comm members wearing it, it’s so cute and beautiful irl! I also kinda want Baby’s Marie Antoinette blouse for an OTT tea party look

>> No.10554768

>>10554762
I have specific oldschool cutsews id love to own

>> No.10554779

>>10554762
Missed out on the girly sticker blouse multiple times, would love to own it

>> No.10554783
File: 102 KB, 419x427, guessilldie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10554762
>tfw my shoulders are slightly too big to fit any brand blouses comfortably

>> No.10554786 [DELETED] 
File: 102 KB, 280x373, fe104808-43b4-55b1-8d86-56d74bd885b7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10554762
Not a specific release, but I like this kind of blouses. I feel like they were more popular a good while ago, which is a shame. Bow tie gives a nice balance to the puffy skirt.

>> No.10554813

I want Nakayoshi Bunny dammit

>> No.10554835

>>10554274
Probably not. They are pretty serious about store exclusive colorways only being in that store. But one time they used the same “exclusive” colorway at two different stores on different weekends, I think it was the red holy rosary but I could be wrong. Besides that I haven’t seen them do it. If I recall correctly they’ve even put store exclusive colorways in the in-store blind lucky packs rather than send them to other stores, but this is all based on fuzzy recollections as my old lolita brain is too lace-addled to recall properly

>> No.10554854

>>10554762
Any short sleeved cotton blouse with a Peter Pan collar in lavender or yellow would be a dream. And since I’m on the busty side of love for them to rerelease the soft grill blouse from 2017. I have it in sax and it’s the only blouse that big enough for my boobs but isn’t huge in the neck and sleeves like my bodyline blouses. It’s not super ~dreamy~ but it’s really flattering on me and I want it in lavender

>> No.10554860
File: 304 KB, 500x600, 4B1AA6AB-DC7F-4721-9CA9-BB65202819DE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10554854
Damn autocorrect, that’s the Soft Frill blouse

>> No.10554891
File: 553 KB, 1080x1077, Shortersleevesplz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10554762
I'm the anon that posted the auction in the secondhand thread and I have a lot of dream blouses. It's kinda soul crushing because a lot of older AP blouses are rarer than JSK/OPs. I don't want to list the particular ones for fear of putting them on someone else's radar. But most of them are OTT with lots of bows/details.

I'm sad AP's new blouses are so different than the past. I guess they are all more "mature" and less whimsical-looking. Even the new "OTT" blouses seen in the tea party are awkward. I noticed a lot of blouses have longer sleeves and weirdly shaped collars. I think it looks so frumpy.

The new blouses would have been adorable if the sleeve was half the length. Sometimes I just hate AP. They give us 70% of what we want and then completely ruin the last 30%.

>> No.10554915

>>10554238
They just announced on Facebook that it is this weekend.

>> No.10554922

>>10554915
Bets on how long the site crashes for this time?

>> No.10554941
File: 3.70 MB, 2152x3024, 2008-Spring-010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10554762
Most of my dream pieces right now are blouses, cardigans and cutsews. it's these pieces that make the fashion wearable, i regret neglecting them as a babylita who didn't know how to build a wardrobe

>> No.10554944

>>10554891
i think this only looks weird because the models are so thin and the clothes now are all made to give an oversized look. i think on someone chubby or average weight, it won't look so baggy.

>> No.10554948

>>10552083
Last year, actually. I bought Girly Sticker in white but haven’t worn it yet. I’ve been in a really bad kick lately with buying directly from AP and that was part of it. Counting MTOs though, I got the Dream Sky cutsew OP because I missed the Laforet Bazaar run.

>> No.10554978

>>10554941
I love those cardigans iwth the thick border lace. To me they are an iconic look. I regret not investing in them before as well.

>> No.10555151
File: 195 KB, 500x600, a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

They're finally releasing this dress

>> No.10555158

Anyone heard anything on Freshly Picked Strawberries delivery?

>> No.10555159

>>10555158
Yes please anyone. Tenshi hasn't mentioned it at all yet but I know she's busy.

>> No.10555160
File: 309 KB, 500x600, 1_rd1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555151
Time for a dump! Chocolate Doll OP set, includes apron, headdress, and OP. Colors are ivory, red, and pink.

>> No.10555161
File: 129 KB, 500x600, 2_pk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555160
Chocolat Doll clip set, ivory, pink, and red.

>> No.10555162

>>10555160
This is pretty cute

>> No.10555163
File: 141 KB, 500x600, 7_mt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555161
Frilled Collar Pintuck cutsew, mint (!!!), pink, lavender, white.

>> No.10555164
File: 147 KB, 500x600, 1_sx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555163
Trio Ribbon cutsew, sax, pink, ivory, and black.

>> No.10555165
File: 190 KB, 500x600, 2_pk2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555164
Lace Heart Charm Ribbon clip set, sax, pink, red, white, and black.

>> No.10555166
File: 152 KB, 500x600, 3_rd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555165
Lace Heart Charm Ribbon comb set, white, pink, sax, red, and black.

>> No.10555167
File: 87 KB, 500x600, 16_br.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555166
The Pure Crown Ring is back in silver and gold, with new color brown!

>> No.10555169
File: 172 KB, 500x600, 17_pk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555167
Chocolaterie Wristcuffs, ivory, pink, mint, and brown!

>> No.10555170
File: 684 KB, 1736x980, bears.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555169
Bear's Chocolaterie Chocolatier and Cafe plush pouches. Unfortunately, both are limited to Shibuya only. Any lolita shopping service who wanted to open in Shibuya would soon find themslves overwhelmed with orders with all the store exclusives, ha.

>> No.10555171
File: 120 KB, 500x600, 4_pk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555170
And the last item of the week is the Lovely Heart Boston bag in pink, lavender, wine, and black.

>> No.10555174

>>10555160
I've never had an apron dress before but I love this

>> No.10555183

>>10555169
I hate wristcuffs that use solid fabric instead of all lace like this. Even if they're cute I get taobao vibes. Everything else is very cute and exciting or a nice staple. AP is really back this year.

>> No.10555211

>>10555158
Bruh i thought the mto was projected for September delivery?

>> No.10555214

>>10555211
I could have sworn it was sooner than that or am I nuts?

>> No.10555217

>>10555211
I'm almost certain it's February

>> No.10555225

>>10555170

I can't unsee naked apron hentai bear, help.

>> No.10555228
File: 471 KB, 1188x550, lol.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How though

>> No.10555232

>>10555228
>That dark saturated brown with the pink
Oh no sweetie what is you doing

>> No.10555233

>>10555228
Inflation. It costs more to make good pieces and AP has been suppressing their prices on main pieces for years. Prints are cheap poly so can be made for cheaper. This is a complex dress with multiple fabrics and even if they're all poly it takes a lot to put together.

>> No.10555234

>>10555232
It's literally chocolate themed, what did you expect? Imo it's the best colorway.

>> No.10555235

>>10555233
Uh I'm talking about how people can list dresses that haven't been released yet, idk what you're rambling about

>> No.10555238

>>10555235
Oh for some reason I thought this was the retail price of the dress and you were asking how it could cost that amount. Yeah that is weird that they've listed it prior to release.

>> No.10555245

>>10554978
You can still find them from time to time for cheap. I bought an AP ivory heart crochet lace cardigan in great condition for $30 at the Harajuku Closetchild.

>> No.10555246

>>10555235
It's the same guy who did that before the chocolate bear drop. He's probably using a bot that guarantees one per colorway

>> No.10555250

>>10555167
Why does AP rerelease jewelry no one wants

>> No.10555252

>>10555170
I’m moving to Tokyo later this year but can’t commit to being an SS because I don’t want all my Saturdays being taken up waiting in lines. Shibuya, like LaForet, can have really long lines. It sucks when you wait out in the back and in a stairwell behind probably 50-100 other girls to draw your number. Although with covid I heard from friends you’d call in and wait that way. Maybe when I get more comfortable I’d open a SS with a limited amount of customers. I can understand the 20% or higher commission cause less than is not worth it.

>> No.10555255

>>10555252
I'm also planning on moving to Tokyo later this year but I would never open up a shopping service. Too much stress and lolitas are bitches, I'd rather just buy for myself and maybe some close friends.

>> No.10555260

>>10555250
I mean, it sold out last time

>> No.10555271

>>10555255
I’ve actually made friends while waiting in line for a release. I’m Asian so I blend in with everyone but completely American so when I saw others that were foreigners, I asked if they could tell me how the process goes for that particular store. They were super sweet. Maybe we’ll bump into each other eventually anon. I agree though tensions can get high when so many people want the coveted brand. Not everyone will be so nice.

>> No.10555275

>>10555211
It originally said February, the SC mto is Sept or Oct.

>> No.10555278

>>10555252
>>10555255
Genuinely curious - how are you moving to Japan?
From what I understand, all foreigners are denied entry to Japan because of covid and they haven't released dates for when they'll open up their borders again. I think the only people allowed in have special circumstances.

>> No.10555279

>>10555271
I hope so, maybe we'll even be friends! Either way good luck to you with your move, it'll be fun to have firsthand access to brand for a while

>> No.10555282

>>10555228
That price is way too steep, no way, they’ve lost their minds

>> No.10555285

>>10555278
Could be SOFA cleared through the military, or a student visa where the timing works out just right.

>> No.10555288

>>10555252
As an ex shopper I can tell you rn, it is the worst. I would literally rather sell feet pics or something lmao. Lolitas are incredibly demanding, and have no respect for shoppers time. Charge more than 10% for waiting in line for hours after traveling on the subway packed like a sardine with a salarymans hand on your ass and they'll freak out and scream scalper. It's just such a norm to devalue shoppers in this community.

>> No.10555293

>>10555285
nta but student visas are fucked right now.

>> No.10555300

>>10555293
Depends on the date of entry, I have friends at Temple that were able to make arrangements, though your best bet is a SOFA hire on base.

>>10555288
Can confirm. I used to sell on Etsy to predominantly furries AND homestuck people. Lolitas remain the worst customers I've ever had.

>> No.10555304

>>10555288
>It's just such a norm to devalue shoppers in this community.
This. I think it's part poorfag, and part just general ignorance about how much personal shoppers cost. Outside of lolita, personal shoppers are paid extraordinarily well for their time. There's a reason why that one lady everyone used for the MRC re-release charges 5000 yen just for driving to the going to the AP store. That's the norm, not this weird charity work lolitas expect.

>> No.10555308

>>10555304
Jeez don't remind me anon. 1000 yen for lottery, 5000 yen for driving to the store PER PERSON, +10% commission per item. Then, she made the decision to buy the honeycake KC even though the matching JSK and MRC was out. She was able to get only the KC from my $1400 order, then still charged me the full PayPal fees for the entire order even though that's against PayPal's TOS. 0/10 would not recommend.

>> No.10555309

>>10555308
Yeah, that's insane. While 5000 yen is reasonable for the drive it should really be cut down to per person.

>> No.10555313

>>10555288
This is why I try to be as nice as possible to my SS. I owe them like 50% of my wardrobe and am insanely thankful. I like to think that over the years I've built a good reputation with them, but I'm sure I'm kinda a blur amoung everyone else.

>> No.10555314

>>10555304
I think people really forget that it's a huge service that shoppers provide. In general, the likelihood that you'll be able to get the item you want is much higher in person, and it's really the only way to get the matching accessories with competitive online releases. With store imposed limits, it's also possible that a shopper can only get one person's order in, making 10% beyond paltry. No wonder they often switch to scalping. I suspect most of them have alt accounts for that too.

>> No.10555315

>>10555304
>Outside of lolita, personal shoppers are paid extraordinarily well for their time
Can confirm. My sister is paid around 80k a year as a personal shopper in NYC.

>> No.10555318

>>10555314
>No wonder they often switch to scalping
I've legit always wondered why my ss would sell to me when they could also just list in on LM for $100 more than I paid them.

>> No.10555326

>>10555318
I think some SS enjoy bringing happiness to others. Also they get dedicated, repeat customers. Being a scalper has to feel bad/empty on some level.

>>10555315
Man being a personal shopper is my dream job at this point. I love buying things/going shopping and doing it with someone else's money sounds great.

>> No.10555332 [DELETED] 

>>10555326
> Being a scalper has to feel bad/empty on some level.
Firstly I thought that they would happily fill the void with money they make, but at another hand does it even worth it. Besides that hundred bucks they make, they get to pay for various shipping/handling fees, which bites a little from actual profit. Does it make sense if you buy like one of each colorway?

>> No.10555337

>>10555326
>I think some SS enjoy bringing happiness to others
Ex Shopper here. I actually think these people are a problem. It's sort of like those people in the artist alley who do it for fun and charge so little that someone who does art for a profession gets laughed at for charging a normal price. I shop for everything, but people i lolita legit get pissed at me when I explain my fee structure. These days I just scalp lolita on occasion tbph.

At the very least anyone charging 10% or less should be treated like a god by their buyers because at that price they are doing you a huge favor and they aren't being paid anywhere near what a real personal shopper would charge

>> No.10555358

>>10555308
All SS charge Paypal fees that I'm aware of, and I'm not sure why they don't just include it into their service fees to avoid problems. Obviously most people don't say anything to stay on good terms but all it takes is one disgruntled customer reporting them to Paypal.

>> No.10555376

I really want Little Bunny Strawberry to be cotton, but I know better than to hope

>> No.10555392

>>10554762
The one you posted in all colorways, though the lavender and sax ones are my top faves. I don't really want to post pics of all my dream blouses cause I'm pretty bummed about missing three different ones this week and it's only Thursday :(

>>10554891
I'm actually looking forward to this one, don't really care about the length cause the details make up for it imo.

>> No.10555395

>>10554891
I like the longer sleeves because I don't have to worry about my armpit hair showing

>> No.10555472

>>10555395
Same desu

>> No.10555482

>>10555337
Did you use a bot?

>> No.10555507

>>10555228
Pretty sure it's buying a slot with an ss so you don't have to deal with it yourself.

>> No.10555511

>>10555337
>These days I just scalp lolita on occasion tbph.
Why are you here then? Please just leave.

>> No.10555519

Am I the only one who thinks this chocolate ribbon set is a mess? Apron itself is divine, but the rest looks like some country lolita outfit randomly wrapped with chocolate ribbon.

>> No.10555522

>>10555519
Imo it looks like a cheap version of a btssb design

>> No.10555523

>>10555482
I'm an in-person shopper in the Tokyo region, so no.

>>10555511
>Why are you here then?
To speculate obviously. Any decent scalper will be lurking on here to figure out what they think the worth it items are going to be. My time is limited, since I mostly do non-lolita stuff. Tbh I really don't care that people have a problem with it. Buy it from me, or don't get your shit because the website is clogged af and I'm one of just a handful of people left who can go to stores directly.

>> No.10555524

>>10555522
NTA but hard agree

>> No.10555527

Am I alone in thinking moco moco bunnies is the fucking ugliest set? I haven't seen a coord that looks good yet, and everyone who wears seems to feel like they need to blow it out with a thousand filters.

>> No.10555528

>>10555527
No you are not lmao. I guess we just don't do border prints anymore? And the colorways look super washed out and cheap imho. Those socks tho.

>> No.10555530

>>10555523
I can relate. I just shop whenever I feel like it and let other people bid the price sky-high. It's much easier than dealing with 500 messages from entitled girls telling me how lucky I am to do business with them, or insisting that I owe them a guarantee for color/cut. The straw for me was a girl who implied that she would hurt herself if I couldn't get her an item.

>> No.10555531

>>10555519
TFW I bought it just for the apron and am selling the OP...

>> No.10555533

>>10555530
Wait. I think I know who you're talking about. I felt really bad since it was clear she was having an episode or something, but I had a buyer repeatedly say she wanted to die when I informed her that ICP had sold out. Then she said I "owed" her the first slot in the next release she wanted because I couldn't get her item this go around. Never blocked someone faster.

We really should have a shopper horror stories thread. I know we don't really have a forum to share the specifics because we want to be professional, but at the same time, if people knew some of the things I've been told or seen...

>> No.10555537

>>10555530
>>10555533
Jesus... I am incredibly grateful for all my SS does for me. Even if she misses something, I know she tried.
Honestly I feel like a bother when I send her fril/mercari links...
This kind of makes me feel a lot better about how I work with her.

>> No.10555540

>>10555527
The artwork of all the bunnies are really ugly, I really dislike it

>> No.10555546

>>10555523
As I said, please just leave.

>> No.10555553

>>10555533
>if people knew some of the things I've been told or seen

As a shopper, I've always felt very awkward about this. I'm just an average lolita and I don't want to be at the center of some stupid blowout. But at the same time, as a shopper you get a front row seat to the worst of lolitas, even the really famous ones.

The hardest for me is seeing people's shopping addictions and mental breakdowns when they can't get what they want. It's bizzare to see someone posting on instagram about how perfect their life and wardrobe is, all the while DMing me to discuss whether or not I can take payment plans on OTKs, trying to strong arm me into reducing my already small fee, and asking me to split payments because some of their cards are already maxed out. So many people in this fashion have no financial security at all, and they just kinda hide that under the thrill of the new release.

>> No.10555556

>>10555553
That's so sad. I always wonder how people convince themselves the prices aren't "that bad" when I add things up even at the lower end, it actually adds up quite quickly. Getting a brand set for $200 is actually very very difficult to do, when you look at the numbers. But I guess they have to convince themselves it's not as high as it actually is in order to keep purchasing when in a financial hole. It really illuminates how people dislike plain or cheaper coords, if other people haven't spent a certain amount of money they don't feel justified in their own spending. So they say "you should at least try like I did"

Thanks for explaining your experience anon

>> No.10555558

>>10555556
>if other people haven't spent a certain amount of money they don't feel justified in their own spending. So they say "you should at least try like I did"
This. People forget that there's a whole world of expenses beyond lolita and that it's totally valid for people to prioritize things other than burando.

>> No.10555564

>>10555553
>trying to strong arm me into reducing my already small fee
This is why I started just auctioning things exclusively. I got tired of people expecting to pay retail for a hand-courier service. So I just let the market dictate the price. I almost always end up with way more in my pocket than I would if I charged a flat-rate, and I let LM decide what my shopping services are actually worth.

>> No.10555573

>>10555530
>>10555533
I would bet a million dollars that the girl in question is hanikami.

>> No.10555575

>>10555553
>maxing out cards on lolita

And I thought my shopping was getting a little out of hand. Happy to say I've never been so financially irresponsible to go into debt over it. That's crazy to me.

>> No.10555582

>>10555376
Same anon

>> No.10555592

>>10555313
This. I will never back out of a reservation with an SS if she was able to get me what I had initially asked for. Even if I end up with two full sets of something because I got desperate and tried other avenues. I have friends who would put in an SS request then later back out and feel guilty about it. Like you should! You're asking them to shop for you so make your decision and stick with it. If you come up financial hardships, sell the items when you get them. Don't make it your SS's responsibility for your indecisiveness.

>>10555533
Wow the entitlement. It is a serious mental problem if you think you're going to die if you don't get the dress you want. Also the fiscally irresponsible may have a shopping addiction masking something more serious.

>> No.10555593

>all of these english-speaking gull SS posting during burger daytime hours
how do i use your services and pay you what you deserve pls

>> No.10555603

>>10555593
That's cause most of us got ejected from Japan due to the Rona, so we're all bored and stateside as far as I can tell.

>> No.10555607

>>10555592
>I have friends who would put in an SS request then later back out and feel guilty about it
This is also why I switched to auctioning. People have no idea how risky it is to be a shopper. On any given weekend, I would drop 4-5 thousand dollars completing requests, operating under the assumption that all sales are final and there won't be any cancellations. When people do that I'm left holding the bag, especially if the item is later restocked. If even a handful of people cancel or file PayPal chargebacks, it ends up costing me money to provide a service. I think that's why very few shoppers do it in the long haul. They start to realize that over time, they end up losing money and wasting time. Switching to the auction model gives you full discretion to deide what you think is worth it, and gives the market full discretion in your compensation.

>> No.10555616

>>10555607
God damned. I feel grateful that my SS trusts me enough that she doesn't invoice me until she's ready to ship my full order out.
I've never left her with the bag and I never could.
It'd be leaving her with the bill.

>> No.10555621

>>10555607
I was only on a fun trip to Tokyo and had a close "friend" ask me to buy them stuff that they'd venmo me for. I ended up being out $400.

>> No.10555625

>>10555553
>as a shopper you get a front row seat to the worst of lolitas
My favorite SS customers are the lolita scalpers who try to get me to lower my fees so they can scalp it for even more. Had a girl ask me to both reduce my fee and undervalue customs on an exclusive usakumya release. Looked her up on LM and whaddayaknow...

>> No.10555639

>>10555530
>telling me how lucky I am to do business with them
>>10555533
>she wanted to die
>she said I "owed" her the first slot in the next release

Wow people are so disgusting and this makes me mad for every SS ever. Even if my SS can't get items, I thank them. I even tell them I hope their doing okay and that they don't have to rush packing my order or anything. I honestly care about the person behind it all and I can't imagine all this crap they probably deal with exponentially now because of corona. I'm really surprised my SS hasn't limited orders to loyal buyers now.

>> No.10555642

>>10555621
Oof. Sorry your kindness was taken advantage of. Whenever I take trips to Japan I don’t shop for others cause it’s my vacation. Years ago I had a not-even close friend ask me if I could buy her a Liz Lisa suitcase lucky pack to bring back. Bitch I’m buying one for myself! I’m not going to haul back 2 mini suitcases on top of my own purchases and luggage.

>>10555625
Wow the audacity! If you don’t like their fees find someone else for the price you can pay. There are SS I’ve used who have higher fees than others but they’re worth it if they can get me what I want vs me competing against so many others that use the same popular SS. I’d blacklist any customer I knew was scalping on purpose.

>> No.10555649

>>10555642
> Bitch I’m buying one for myself!
LMAO I'm dead. No really though idk why everyone gets it in their head that I want to spend my hard earned vacation time picking up shit for them

>> No.10555662

>>10555642
>I’d blacklist any customer I knew was scalping on purpose

Tenshi does this. She is extremely opposed to scalping/has something to the same effect in her terms of service. It's why I've never bought scalped mercari and fril listings for rare things I can't find desu...I'm afraid she'll judge me for supporting an obvious scalper account.

>> No.10555681

>>10555662
LMAO tenshi is a scalper but ok

>> No.10555686

>>10555275
>>10555217
>>10555214

>> No.10555689

>>10555681
Is she? She doesn't even really have her shop open anymore I think, she just does SS for people and I have had no issues with her before.

>> No.10555690 [DELETED] 

>>10555575
Me too. Even though to be perfectly honest I at times regret how much I’ve spent, I’ve never gone into debt. I just haven’t been able to put money into savings like I should have. Even though to be perfectly honest I at times regret how much I’ve spent, I’ve never gone into debt. I just haven’t been able to put money into savings like I should have. But I learned from experience long before I got into Lolita that going into debt is never worth it

>> No.10555695

>>10555681
How is she a scalper?
I even just looked at her LM shop and its fairly reasonable.
Are you possible buttmad about the SS fees and ATM charges?

>> No.10555708
File: 38 KB, 1080x226, APUSA_MTO_Delivery.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10555686
>>10555275
>>10555217
>>10555214
freaking mobile app dropped the image.

This is what AP USA's site says on my order, though.

Maybe Japan is different, and sorry if that's what you gulls are talking about. That is a crazy discrepancy between Japan and USA if that's the case. But I guess that's just COVID shipping problems?

>> No.10555710

Welp. Just got the AP USA email and they are releasing ALL the Moco Moco Bunnys stuff tomorrow (dresses, jewelry, plush bags), which was originally split between two releases in Japan.

RIP all of us. The site is going to get decimated.

>> No.10555714

>>10555710
I just saw that too and I’m pissed. I wanted one item from each of the two releases, now I’m gonna have to probably pick just one

>> No.10555715

>>10555714
That's exactly why it sucks. When they combine releases like this, it just means we have less chances. It's even crappier that the site is certian to crash now because there's so many items up for grabs.

>> No.10555754

>>10555708
Yeah I remember there being a huge difference in timing. That's why I was happy to pay the ss fee to get it for summer.

>> No.10555762

>>10555681
>>10555689
>>10555695
I also usually use her cause her fees are so much cheaper than from Japan and other businesses

>> No.10555783

>>10555681
You should have some proof to back yourself up anon, because you sound like a salty jackass right now.

>> No.10555797

>>10555762
Right? Plus, Tenshi is a sweetheart and genuinely seems sorry when she misses out on a listing for me.

>> No.10555800

>>10555710
see yall here again tomorrow when the site crashes

>> No.10555804

>>10555800
I promise I'll remember to go to the bathroom beforehand this time.

>> No.10555810

>>10555681
Tenshi works so hard and charges so damn little for what she does. you're entitled to your shit opinion but not to baseless claims

>> No.10555870

>>10555810
NTA but she is by definition a scalper. Contrary to what this board thinks, that doesn’t make her a bad person though. I’ve literally run into her in closet child buying things to scalp in her shop. She and the other second hand sellers living in japan are the reason why closet child is always picked dry. They’ve got about 9000 more items in store than online, and they also charge less in person, something you’d only know if you’d been to japan before.

More power to her since she charges so little, but she’s not telling y’all that in person at the stores not only are the items priced cheaper than the online shop, she also gets ten percent off because foreigners don’t pay sales tax. Her actual fees are closer to 15-20% when you account for that.

>> No.10555872

>>10555870
It’s kind of funny actually, if you live in Japan and do this sort of thing you get to know a handful of people on the “circuit” of second hand Lolita shops, snagging good deals to move on lm. Fun times actually.

>> No.10555886

>>10555870
I remember that whole fiasco with ap asking for Chinese passports and everybody saying they were being super racist. Then when I went to AP in japan I learned it’s actually because anyone with a foreign passport shops tax free at laforet and most other malls.

>> No.10555888

>>10555886
that's not the same thing though, AP did actually discriminate against chinese buyers for a while

>> No.10555889

>>10555888
Oh I’m sure, I’m just saying that particular criticism didn’t hold up.

>> No.10555891

>>10555888
Ap has discriminated against all foreigners at one point or another. It’s unfortunate but on the whole Japanese brands are/were pretty effing racist.

>> No.10555892

>>10555870
I wish she’d just say what she needs to be paid were instead of shrouding it behind the tax thing. Idk. All shoppers do it I guess. I remember being really surprised by how much cheaper Lolita is in store versus online. I seem to recall that the Japanese government has a nationwide e commerce tax that raises the prices for online sales.

>> No.10555894

>>10555870
Tenshi’s been living in Japan for over a decade. I’m pretty sure she has residency where she pays Japanese taxes. Tourists can get tax free but not residents. I doubt foreigners with work visas or even student visas can get tax free cause they’ll see your visa status when you had over your passport.

>> No.10555896

>>10555894
She’s been there for awhile, but as long as she holds another passport and isn’t a Japanese citizen it doesn’t matter. For sales tax, foreigners are exempt as long as the item isn’t “consumed” in japan. I was on a student/work visa for about six years and always got tax free when they started the initiative, even though I did pay taxes for healthcare etc.

>> No.10555897

>>10555896
They did crack down in that recently though right? In practice I don’t think it matters. I held a 1 year visa and still got tax free everywhere as of last year, but that’s probably because the shop people didn’t know any better.

>> No.10555904

>>10555896
This is incorrect. You only shop tax free if you have a tourist or student visa. Long term residents with foreign passports are NOT tax exempt in any capacity. If you present your passport, they will (Or at least SHOULD, and in most cases do) check your visa page. They don't just confirm that you hold a foreign passport or check the photo page. What they're looking for is the tourist/student visa. If you have a work visa or permanent residency, you are not tax exempt.

>> No.10555906

>>10555904
To elaborate, if you're a holder of a zairyu card, you are not tax exempt.

>> No.10555907

>>10555904
Never had anyone check mine.

>> No.10555912

>>10555907
>but that’s probably because the shop people didn’t know any better
Then I guess its like this anon said. The shop people don't know any better. At larger stores that are more diligent about checking because people reselling are an issue for them (like Donki), they will check and turn you away.

The receipts are stapled into your passport. At least, once again, they SHOULD be. And when you try to leave the country, you have to declare everything you bought tax free. Or at least, you should be. And the border officer SHOULD be checking. And you SHOULD be turning in your zairyu card. And then they SHOULD force you to pay all of the taxes you tried to illegitimately be exempt from.

The initiative is going to stop if people abuse the power and sneak around by ripping receipts out of their passports or buying things tax free when they shouldn't be.

>> No.10555925

>>10555710
So.... I never buy from ap directly. This is dumb but do they have a set time that they release? I want to be prepared

>> No.10555927

>>10555925
Why do we get this fucking question every week?

>> No.10555930

>>10555870
Reselling isn't really scalping. Her shop barely has anything in it the last few years and I am fairly sure it's closed rn anyway. And new release scalping is really the only scalping that is relevant to most of us at this point.

>> No.10555952

>>10555870
She does pay sales tax, but
- She has a US Paypal and I doubt she declares that income and pays taxes on it in Japan
- She gets lots of point card discounts. Every 4-5 dresses she gets 3000-6000yen off, doubt she passes that savings to her customers.
- She resells the free novelties she gets from customer’s orders
This is true for basically all SS though. I know a lot of people go on about how “nice” their SS is, but they’re honestly in it for the money. Especially those that don’t live in major areas like Tokyo, so the shop isn’t as strict on purchase limits.

>> No.10555953

>>10555925
Google it. You can fucking google it. Or go back to last week's thread and see the same question asked then. Please don't show your stupid by asking to be spoonfed.

>> No.10555955

any advice for someone looking to get into lolita fashion? I notice that nothing looks good on me no matter how hard I try

>> No.10555964

>>10555955
This isn't the right thread but I'll humor you; unless you're severely obese or disfigured I doubt "nothing" looks good on you. Might not be the clothes being the issue but more of a you/mental thing.

>> No.10555976

>>10555952
>Honestly in it for the money
It's called having a job, you entitled fuckwit

>> No.10555977

>>10555952
>She resells the free novelties she gets from customer’s orders
No she doesn’t. I’ve always gotten them.

>> No.10555978

>>10555955
Then don't get into it then

>> No.10555984

>>10555977
Lucky you. There’s been a long history of plenty of people saying they didn’t get theirs.

Idk why people would be surprised though. Who in their right mind would put up with and stand in line for hours at a crowded ap release in order to make a $12 service fee? Of course she’s making more than that and of course she’s not telling you about it because any time people make any money in this community people flip the fuck out.

>> No.10555989

>>10555952
>they’re honestly in it for the money.

She’s running a service, not a charity. So what if she collects stamp cards and uses the savings for herself? She’s physically there to shop for people who can’t. She’s allowed to use perks to her advantage. And I’ve always gotten novelties with my purchases from her.

>> No.10555996

>>10555907
They literally staple the record copies into your passport and stamp it. How could they fill out the paperwork without checking it?

>> No.10556000

>>10555930
Yeah, agreed. Plus, if she's buying things from CC's in-person store, westerners wouldn't be able to see or buy them otherwise.

>> No.10556006

>>10556000
Clearly some angry anon has a vendetta against Tenshi.

>> No.10556011

>>10555710
I'm glad I got everything I wanted from the Japan release fuck the US site.

>> No.10556012

>>10555870
>She and the other second hand sellers living in japan are the reason why closet child is always picked dry.
I disagree. Chinese lolitas are why closetchild move stock so quickly. Seriously being at an AP release and standing in line with almost half of them being Chinese and soon after seeing them again at closetchild buying way more than a typical customer would is just a regular weekend. I doubt they’re all students or scalpers. They just have a lot of money to burn so if they want to go to a brand release, they just hop on a flight right over. If you’ve seen some of wardrobes they post they seriously amass hundreds of dresses just for themselves.

>> No.10556014

>>10555870
>I’ve literally run into her in closet child buying things to scalp in her shop.
That’s another thing. She lives in Sendai. There are 5 closetchild stores and none are in her prefecture. So you running into her at one is probably one of the few times she makes a trip out to Tokyo. So much vendetta

>> No.10556018

maybe tenshi didn't get anon her DD or something.

>> No.10556019

>>10555797
She’s missed out a few things in a row for me and i had to reassure her I understood
Can’t imagine why anyone would hate her like I see in this thread

>> No.10556029

>>10556014
I don’t know what to tell you. She was there. Where do you think the stuff she was selling came from? She was scalping it from cc. People who buy things for the purpose of selling them at a higher cost are scalpers. Period.

What I’m getting at here is that for all the talk around SS’s being these poor abused souls, but actually they make good money even if they’re not completely upfront about how much they’re actually charging you, or the benefits they sneak in. Her fee is NOT just 5%.

>> No.10556031

>>10555955
Go watch kawaii-esque beautubers, you'll go a lot farther with enjoying fashion if you make an effort on makeup & self-care first. You can lurk in the meanwhile. It takes a decent chunk of change to get into lolita, and your first few outfits tend to look like shit anyways. But also, yeah go try the stupid questions thread or something next time.

>> No.10556032

>>10556029
No one cares

>> No.10556039

>>10555984
Most of the time if she buys a bunch of stuff she'll only get 1 novelty for the whole purchase. They don't give you multiples.

>> No.10556040

>>10556029
Kek you're so assmad. Yeah I pity SS who have to deal with entitled lolitas like you. They sure don't get paid enough to deal with this vendetta bullshit.
Did she steal your DD at Closetchild or something?

>> No.10556044

>>10556029
Everything you're saying is bullshit and I don't know why you're so determined to die on this hill.

>> No.10556046

>>10555171
I really like this bag but I’m not spending over $100 on something that will peel and be gross in a year or 2. I miss the old AP vinyl that lasts forever.

>> No.10556057

>>10556029
I agree with you anon. Gulls always adamantly defend her though. It's not worth arguing with them.

>> No.10556061

>>10556040
>>10556044
Nayrt But I think you guys think she’s trash talking Tenshi, and that assumption is based on the fact that you automatically associate the word scalper with morally bad. By the definition of it tenshi is scalping. I’m not judging her for it either, I don’t think she’s a terrible person, I’m happy for her that she’s making money. But you thinking that this a other person is trashing tenshi when she’s not. She simply stating facts. Tenshi buys things for sale in Japan and sells them for a mark up and she gets extra discounts that she does not pass on to her customers as well she shouldn’t. Good for her, and you guys are arguing over semantics

>> No.10556218

>>10555955
Are you wearing the wrong colors and shapes? I only look good in jewel tones and just waist or drop waist, I have olive skin and am curvy/ fit but not skinny

>> No.10556649

>>10556000
>Plus, if she's buying things from CC's in-person store, westerners wouldn't be able to see or buy them otherwise.

This is how I feel about it. It's one thing if someone is scalping items from online listings, but if they're making items available that the overseas community wouldn't have a chance at anyway, I'm willing to pay for that chance.

>> No.10556666

>>10556061
This is exactly what I meant. I worked as an ss for years in japan. And I’ve not met a single other SS who wasn’t scalping goods from cc and other second hand shops. And yes, from mercari and fril. In japan, we don’t need an ss to buy from those sites so we can buy instantly and since we live in the same time zone we’ve got a huge leg up. To be an SS you’ve got to have hustle, and contrary to your insistence that she’s some benevolent charity worker, the truth is she’s making good money even if she’s not being forthcoming about how much that is.

>> No.10557035

>>10556120

>> No.10559745
File: 43 KB, 458x458, -reservation-bear-s-chocolaterie-cafe-headbow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone know if the bow and/or lace are detachable from the ears?