[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 26 KB, 600x600, 1566536073855.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10484439 No.10484439 [Reply] [Original]

The topic of weight and size comes up often in other threads, so let's have a specific place to discuss weight, body shape, sizes and weight loss. Feel free to answer these questions, add more or write freely about your thoughts on these topics.

>How do you feel about the current sizing in lolita? Are you happy with them the way they are or should they be changed? Should brands offer pieces in several sizes?
>How do you feel about alterations to make pieces bigger or smaller?
>Do you think there is a bias towards smaller lolitas or a stigma towards bigger ones? If so, do you think people are doing it consciously? Do you think it's warranted?
>What is your body shape and how do you dress to flatter your body shape in lolita?
>Have you ever skipped out on buying or wearing a dress you liked because of it's size or because it was unflattering for your body shape?
>What are some tips for bigger lolitas to dress better and more comfortably?
>What are some weight loss tips for fellow lolitas?
>Do you use lolita as a motivation for weightloss? Do you think it's a healthy mindset?
>Would you like to share your weightloss story, if you have one? How did it impact your relationship with the fashion?

Remember not to single out or shame individuals, let's keep the discussion respectful and general.

>> No.10484448

Burando don't fix fatto.

>> No.10484484

My body shape is apple and nothing can be flattering on that, so might as well wear anything I want. I’ll look like shit anyway.

>> No.10484493

I’m so glad I have an eating disorder

>> No.10484495

>How do you feel about the current sizing in lolita? Are you happy with them the way they are or should they be changed? Should brands offer pieces in several sizes?

I HATE IT, brand is too fucking big now and I miss the days when they sold stuff without shirring because it fit my body best desu

I mean go for it, but like make sure if you're fat to not make it look like trash.

>Do you think there is a bias towards smaller lolitas or a stigma towards bigger ones? If so, do you think people are doing it consciously? Do you think it's warranted?

the fashion was worn by small sized Japanese females, of course it's bias I wish it stayed that way though. I mean it is warranted to an extend. as a smaller lolita, things don't fit like they should anymore because they are too baggy and brands are going to lose that section of clientele I feel.

>What is your body shape and how do you dress to flatter your body shape in lolita?

pear shaped and thankful I got no tiddy in order to wear highwasited dresses.

>Have you ever skipped out on buying or wearing a dress you liked because of it's size or because it was unflattering for your body shape?

nah never had had to

eat healthy, smaller portion and exercise at least a little a day.

>> No.10484497

>>10484439
Being tall fucking sucks. Ive been into lolita for 10 years, sets will never fit me.
I have to get a bunch of different items from different brands qnd pray that they work.
First time I put on a dress that fit (hanueli) I cried tears of joy.
I went to shibuya 109 and cried because I was too damn tall for anything, and that was the place of my dreams

I wish I could fit the clothes I like. Losing weight wont help me.

>> No.10484629

>>10484495
Get your shit altered like fatties do, you can't expect brands to cater to the minority of tiny boned petite women, just like landwhales shouldn't expect brands to cater to them either.

>> No.10484631

>>10484495
> just eat small portions and u can have a 23 inch waist like me!!!!!11

So sick of womanlets acting like everyone can just eat less and become as small as them. Different bone structure exists retards.

>> No.10484635

I hate my fucked up bone structure

>> No.10484638

I've always been skinny (and also fairly tall), but my ribcage and torso are juuuuust wide enough to cause problems with fitting into older clothes. My bust is usually like 6-10 cm under the min for most of the clothes I wear, but my waist is like 69 cm, 67 cm at minimum right now. My bone structure is just wide.

I don't buy new sweet because AP looks like shit now, I'll only really buy new gothic (Moitie and Sheglit mostly) and it fits quite nicely.

>> No.10484639

>>10484638
69 cm isn't wide at all. Seek help.

>> No.10484647

>>10484639
Yeah, I know it's not really wide, I don't think I'm fat or anything. But it's enough to make me a little disappointed when a lot of older dresses I love are like 66 cm unshirred and I can't fit them because of my unchangeable body shape.

>> No.10484649

>>10484631
Agreed. I have a 24in waist, so I'm not a large person by any means but the structure of my rib cage and tits mean I can't fit into many of the OPs that I want unless I wear a binder. Guess I wont wear those OPs; there are other options nbd. The same goes for smaller girls. Tailor it or get out of the fashion. Theyve expanded their market because it makes them money. Deal with it, adjust, or choose a different brand.

>> No.10484653

My bust is a bit big at 98cm for some dresses, but the real issue is my stomach. On a very good day I’m 88cm waist but I can bloat up to 95, and it seems like everything makes me bloat, even water. I’ve gone to doctors and even had some ultrasounds but they all just tell me to lose weight, so I guess it’s nothing?
I seriously look like I’m 6 months pregnant though.

It all looks so unsightly too when I have 92 hips and no ass lol. I’m 61kg but it looks like the 16 I need to lose is all located in my stomach.

>> No.10484656

>>10484653
you could have SIBO?

>> No.10484662

>>How do you feel about the current sizing in lolita? Are you happy with them the way they are or should they be changed? Should brands offer pieces in several sizes?

I dont mind the increased sizing. Tbh I think if they made smaller and larger sizes of the same stuff it would help the people on both ends.

>>How do you feel about alterations to make pieces bigger or smaller?

Now and again I've felt agitated by it but I have to remind myself that someone else's clothes is theirs not mine, so no my business

>>Do you think there is a bias towards smaller lolitas or a stigma towards bigger ones? If so, do you think people are doing it consciously? Do you think it's warranted?

I would say there is bias against everyone who doesn't fit a specific look. A specific height, weight, etc. The standards are pretty high.
I dont think judging someone on their weight is warranted either way. Or gender, race, etc.

>>What is your body shape and how do you dress to flatter your body shape in lolita?

waist is about 27" (71 cm) 34B and hips much wider, but im only about 5' tall. Because I'm so short, my torso and legs aren't long enough to be as thin as I'd like. Shorter dresses.

>>Have you ever skipped out on buying or wearing a dress you liked because of it's size or because it was unflattering for your body shape?

I dont think so

>>What are some tips for bigger lolitas to dress better and more comfortably?

Understanding your shape, the clothing, and best way to emphasize the best assets

>>What are some weight loss tips for fellow lolitas?

N/A

>>Do you use lolita as a motivation for weightloss? Do you think it's a healthy mindset?

Yes I do and no I don't lol

>>Would you like to share your weightloss story, if you have one? How did it impact your relationship with the fashion

Eating disorder-- i think some opinions in the fashion enforce them.

>> No.10484673

>>10484439

I'm tall enough that despite my weight, AP isn't too big on me, but I'd prefer the sizing from 2010.

I've thought about it, but I'm nervous about them ruining the dress. Cotton is easier to alter than chiffon.

Of course there is. Everyone joins the fashion after looking at Japanese models wearing it. So, yes it's weird to see really tall and really fat people in the fashion.

I'm between hourglass and rectangle, and have a narrow ribcage, so I don't have a problem with brand. I feel a bit too tall for the fashion, but it's more in my legs than torso, so nothing ends up too short.

There have been stuff from AatP that was way too big for me.

Lose weight

Stop eating so much. I see what fat people eat at meets. Splitting meals is a common thing. I see you eating giant meals by yourself quickly and still look hungry.

>Do you use lolita as a motivation for weightloss? Do you think it's a healthy mindset?

The opposite,sometimes I'd like to be thinner, but if I want AP to not look baggy on me, then I can't.

>> No.10484679

Does anyone know of a good guide for taking in a blouse? I have such a hard time with fitting sweet blouses and it seems expensive to get each one tailored.

>> No.10484682

>>10484653
maybe fibroids? it's usually an older person thing, though. I know a woman who had a few the size of a grapefruit.

>> No.10484698

I don't fatshame people but I don't think brands should support morbid obesity. I think plus size meta offers now is enough.

People can do whatever they want with their clothes.

There is def a stigma against bigger lolitas, the same as again bigger normies. People doing it because of their cultural background.

I'm pear and idgaf. I hate the idea I should change my body for others to like.

Yes, I mostly wear old school pieces and I'm 5'6" so it's quite hard to fit them without being anorexic.

Use proper bra, choose your size and be happy

Eat only when you feel physically hungry until you don't feel hunger, not until you 120% full. Its easy and it does help. Seek a doctor if you have health problems

Yes I do, but I think it's unhealthy as I have healthy weight, just want be on more smaller size.

>> No.10484703

I've always been so frustrated by my body. I have a 25.5" waist so i fit jfashion skirts fine, but after years of intense cardio in a bid to slim my thighs down, they're muscular on top and thinner near my knees. Sometimes I have to wrestle skirts that fit me over my thighs and ass and I hate it. I know you can't target specific parts of your body and that it's likely a mix of skeletal and muscle build, but it's frustrating and gives me body image issues. I'm very much in-shape because I exercise regularly, but I'm just broad and not waif-like at all. I wish I could look 'gentler' and less like i could crush someone with my legs

>> No.10484705

>>10484703
At least lolita hides the thighs and butt pretty well. I carry all my weight there and you can't tell at all.

>> No.10484711

>>10484439
Most clothes are too big for me in the bust cause I have literal mosquito tits, even the super old stuff from the 2000s. I wish brands would take small boobs into account, if most of the dresses you're releasing have shirring anyways why the hell is the min bust 90 cm, why not have it in the 70s. More sizes would be nice, but that'd only be possible for MTOs.

It's your clothes.

Read any thread on this board, people are mad at just the concept of fat people existing. Most of the popular girls on instagram are skinny too. It's just the way we've been programmed to think, even if we don't realize it. Most modern cultures value smaller bodies and every piece of media you consume from your toddlerhood either primarily features skinny people or tells you skinny = pretty.

I'm not short, but my lower legs are proportionally shorter than the rest of my body so I wear platforms to balance out my legs.

Wanting to be healthy is good, but if you have to do some crazy shit like completely cut carbs out of your diet or work out 7 days a week to maintain your weight you're probably not meant to be that weight. Take care of yourself.

No, I've never understood the "buy a dress I wanna fit" mindset. This is a thing with normie clothes too, and it just feels like you're buying something that's going to insult you everytime you look at it.

>> No.10484713

>>10484711
Lmao you're retarded. We value thinner bodies because being overweight is unhealthy you fucking idiot. Social ideals don't exist in a vacuum, we dislike obesity because it's a sign of low impulse control and bad health.

>> No.10484717

>>10484713
Being underweight is unhealthy too and there's a difference between being fat and obese lol. Up until about the last century most societies valued fat bodies cause it was a sign someone was well fed and could actually afford food. Now they value skinny people because it's a sign you have the money and leisure time to eat healthier food and work out. Nice way of letting everyone know you're a sheep that eats up what you've been taught to believe and don't know your history though <3

>> No.10484719
File: 306 KB, 1108x1478, IMG_20201003_194311.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I only have the perspective of a classicfag but I can say I'm ok with it. VM is still releasing small dresses, slightly more roomier unshirred dresses and sometimes even shirred pieces. The MM revival will answer to the petite market again. And IW's poly monstrosities come in multiple appropriate sizes, imo.

You do you boo.

There is definitely a stigma against bigger lolitas. But as an anon above said, that's just our societies' general stigma against fat women. In every culture you can find media portraying a fat, ugly woman as the most horrible thing in the world.

Hourglass/Apple shape. My waist is on the upper edge of what's acceptable in classic but god damn my ribcage and shoulders are male swimmer tier.

Yes.

Alter brand or get things in your size. Ditch the binder and constrictive garments please. It shows and it looks very uncomfortable.

Yes I do, but no it is absolutely not a healthy mindset. However if fitting into brand motivates me to exercise and be healthy, I'll take it over some other common goal of being an instathot or whatever. Better to use lolita as a motivator than "being sexually attractive to men", which I used to do.

>> No.10484724

>>10484703
You’re an idiot. Looking like
You can crush someone with your thighs is way better than looking Ana.

>> No.10484729

>>10484497
i'm here with you, knowing every dress i like on LM will be too small and short for me before i even check the measurements is exhausting.
what doesn't help either is that i'm really thin and almost flat chested but with a large ribcage

>> No.10484732

>>10484439
>How do you feel about the current sizing in lolita? Should brands offer pieces in several sizes?

I am torn. On one hand, I think everyone should be able to wear cute clothes. On the other, I’m the perfect size for brand clothes. It’s nice that everything fits without worry.

I support this. If it helps someone feel cuter in their clothes, they should go for it.

I think those who are vocal about it should stop.

Pear. I carry most of my weight on my hips but I am not flat (large B/small C cup). I have a small frame, especially in the shoulders. I can wear almost anything, though I prefer normal waist dresses to high waist.

Also I need at least a small heel to not look stumpy because I have short calves.

No

Don’t be afraid to make alterations

Be patient. It can take months to see results.

Yes and it’s not healthy, but motivates me to exercise at all, so..

>Would you like to share your weightloss story, if you have one?

I put on some weight from stress and didn’t feel great in lolita for a while. Nothing major, but things were getting noticeably tighter.. I started going to the gym and stopped getting takeout for lunches. It took over a year, but my dresses fit great and my body looks nicer than ever before because I actually have muscle. So don’t give up.

>> No.10484735
File: 51 KB, 640x480, sddefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I fit most brands fine, so I'm okay with the current sizing. I'm broad shouldered though, so I'm struggling with OP's sometimes, so I wish there would be more JSK releases. OP's seem to be trending atm. I miss IW and VM releasing regular JSK's.
I've done it in the past and I'm fine with it as long as you keep the overall shape of the dress.
Yes, it exists and I think it's warranted. If If the clothing doesn't fit you properly, don't wear it.
I'm rectangle shaped. I wear boleros or cardigans to conceal my shoulders and use lots of poof to give the illusion I have broader hips.
Yes, many times.
Know what fits you.
I do intermittent fasting and I don't eat carbs/sugars. I eat as much as I want between 12-18pm and I feel no cravings inbetween at all and I don't over eat.
No. Weightloss alone is not healthy. I was thin all my life but I couldn't do a single push-up or sit-up. My posture was terrible because of my weak body and no amount of weightloss could have fixed that. I started working out this year, I've gained a little weight, but I look slimmer and my posture has improved. So it's not all about weight but fat/muscle mass/strength.

>> No.10484747

>How do you feel about the current sizing in lolita?
I think so many problems would be solved if brands offered at least three sizes. For example, the smallest one at 70cm waist, the second at 80cm and the third at 90cm. Way more people would have well fitting clothes.
As long as it's done well and professionally, I don't mind.
Absolutely. Some do it consciously, just look at what happens when a fat person is posted here, but think it's also unconscious. Liking and following thin people on instagram because they look better, for instance. It's not warranted.
Apple, so nothing looks that good. Normal waisted jsk or ops can be fine, when they fit, but with skirts and blouses it often looks bulky at the waist. High waist looks like shit on my wide ribcage.
>Have you ever skipped out on buying a dress?
Yes, it happens all the time.
>What are some tips for bigger lolitas?
Buy things that actually fit. Meta, Maxicimam etc.
>What are some weight loss tips?
Only eat when you feel hungry. Not because you are bored or sad or because you "should" eat at a certain time. If you're not hungry at breakfast time, don't eat. You can still have a healthy snack later.
Yes I do, and I don't think it's healthy. It makes me scared I'll fall back into my ed again.
>Would you like to share your weightloss story, if you have one?
I had a bit of an ed and lost a lot of weight quite quickly. But even when I was very close to being underweight my waist still didn't fit into most old school pieces, or even many modern ones. It made me feel like shit. Now I'm fat again and trying to lose it.

>> No.10484816

>ana chan (bmi < 17)
>still don't fit into stuff because boobs
>boobs didn't shrink with weight loss
Why live

>> No.10484817

>>10484656
>>10484682
I did have a test taken but it was negative.
I did forget to mention that I do have liver disease (NASH) but it seems so difficult to lose the weight in the stomach, I’ve lost four pounds (which is nothing but my doctor says is good for someone so short, I’m 150cm) but that was all in my thighs and upper body but not my stomach. I know I can work to losing more but I get discouraged seeing the loss on everywhere but my stomach.

>> No.10484821

How do I stop my mom bringing me "tasties" (sweets, pop, biscuits, junk food etc)

I do love them but I'm trying to lose weight. She also goes all the time "honey, we have this and that in the fridge, would you like some", like, she cooks A LOT, 3-4 names of dishes.

I can't blame her, there were hard times for her, but I don't have enough willpower to resist that constant brainwashing "EAT! EAT! EAT!"

Im not fat yet but I'm think I'm gonna be, I already put on 20 kilos and really struggle with weight loss. I don't won't to hurt my mom's feeling but I don't want to become a landwhale.

>> No.10484825

>>10484817
it's gotta go from there eventually

>> No.10484826

>>10484821
20 kilos is 45 lbs anon; unless you started off seriously underweight or are a literal child or teen still growing, a 45 lbs weight gain from a normal weight probably puts you overweight at minimum, which is fat.

>> No.10484828

>>10484816
invest in a good female therapist and a binder

>> No.10484830

Just wish bust sizes were bigger. Everything else I could fit fine but bust sizes kill me.

>> No.10484831

>>10484821
You could just take, e.g., one snack a day and tell your mom that you're trying to cut down on junk food. She has no reasonable excuse to force crap down your throat - if it were healthy food it would be different, but she has no rational reason to object to you wanting to limit yourself to one junk food item per day.

>> No.10484833

>>10484828
I bound (properly) when I was younger and it left me with pain in my ribs even though it's been four years since I stopped. I can't even wear soft bras anymore because they cause me a lot of pain

>> No.10484834

>>10484821
there will always be temptations around you, so just work on your own willpower and saying no. there are always billboards and commericals for food, impulse racks at the grocery store, fast food on the way to work, donuts in the breakroom, a friend's birthday, moving in with a significant other who loves to eat junk but naturally moderates their intake, etc. Unless you plan to be a hermit, the temptation will always surround you, so you might as well learn to work with it rather than against it.

>> No.10484839

I think sizing is just the devil you know. I fit into lolita when I was an ana-chan and I still fit into it just fine now that I'm recovered.

IMO it usually looks like shit but it's not my dress, so.

The silhouettes of lolita directly conflict with the body shape of a 300 pound woman. If you're too fat to wear a petti you're too fat for the fashion.

I am pear shaped so I wear high waisted cuts and skirts. I also like to wear heels to lengthen my legs since I'm short and I think taller lolitas look more elegant.

Sorta? I bought AP's Twinkle Sky OP and spent 10 minutes trying to hike it up over my ass until I just pulled it over my head instead.

Wear clothes that fit you.

Count calories, stop eating out, cut out unnecessary oils, sauces and carbs.

No and no. It should be fun for you, not stressful/shameful. Health first, then burando.

>Would you like to share your weightloss story, if you have one? How did it impact your relationship with the fashion?

I had bulimia, then anorexia and discovered the fashion right before I recovered so it worked out for me when I gained 30lbs and still fit in my dresses.

>> No.10484840

My BMI is currently 29.9 (.1 below obese) and I feel absolutely disgusted with myself...I have a bunch of fully shirred AP but I feel like it gives me horrible boob loaf. I don't want to go to a gym because rona so I've started going on daily walks and jogs in my neighborhood.

>> No.10484843

>>10484840
Honestly anon, just start counting calories (healthily, of course - check out how much you need on an online calorie calculator). Exercise is great for your overall health, but most people vastly overestimate how many calories it burns. As an example, my boyfriend (who was also on the border between overweight and obese) has been running almost every day since before the pandemic and he didn't lose a pound. Then lockdown happened and he got serious about tracking his intake, and now he's lost over 20 pounds. It's amazing how easy it is to lie to yourself about how many calories you're consuming unless you leave no room for ambiguity.

>> No.10484880

Most brands - no matter if jp, taobao or indie - already do offer pieces that fit several sizes and there's always gonna be something that fits you, no matter your bodytype.

Do it, but please don't if you can't even sew on a button.

Lolita originated in Japan so there obviously is a bias towards skinny small women, it's just a local beauty standard.

I'm tall and have a slight hourglass figure. I usually avoid jp brand ops and anything shorter than 95cm and prefer low-waisted/natural waisted (?) options.

Multiple times, it's natural.

Buy pieces that actually fit you, don't squeeze yourself into a dress just because it's brand or a dream dress - if it's not your size, it won't look good. Also try shapewear and corsetting.

Literally just work out and watch your intake.

I don't but for some it seems to be motivating.

>> No.10484897

As a way to cope with anorexia and not fall back back into it I took up body building. It unfortunately means I can't wear lolita or jfash anymore without looking insane

>> No.10484900

>>10484497
Same. Even when things fit they don't sit right.

I would rather brands add more seam allowance so I could get a piece altered with more ease than try to cater to every size. I understand I can't expect a small brand to cater to everyone, especially when their main market is East Asia. This would still make pieces more expensive so it's kind of a pipe dream.
I would also love more western brands that catered to my body shape that looked good.
If there were a Western brand putting out more versatile blouses or solid pieces I would be very happy. I have yet to find any that I particularly like though.

>> No.10484902
File: 164 KB, 1125x1038, 1560523433935.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10484897
If you're a woman, you don't have to worry about bulking up too much unless you are actively trying to. Bulking up muscle is hard, you have to be consuming high amounts of protein and calories to get to pic related. At most, you'll just look "toned".

>> No.10484903

>>10484817
Not sure how old you are anon but if youre 25+ thats where women are more likely to hold on to fat even when loosing weight. Target your core with twist workouts and lower stomach workouts. You can do core exercises every day without a cooldown unlike arms or legs which you should alternate.

TLDR do some planks and lower stomach exercises for 10min a day total

>> No.10484905

>>10484816
Run or lift weights specific to the back and upper body. You will not bulk up unless you increase weights. Use hand weights or medicine balls at a low weight with high repetition and your boobs will shrink.

Starvation diets will remove fat from some areas but your body still keeps fat in subcutaneous areas to protect organs and yes for women it will also keep boobs longer than what seems normal because it was a priority for women to be able to provide for children even in times of starvation.

>> No.10484906

>>10484902

This woman doesn't even look "bulky" though. She's just flexing.

>> No.10484907

>>10484905
>yes for women it will also keep boobs longer than what seems normal because it was a priority for women to be able to provide for children even in times of starvation.

reeks of maleposter, breasts are made from fat and no milk unless a woman is pregnant or recently given birth/still breastfeeding. Can't feed children with fat unless you're trying to cut off your titties and children above certain ages can't meet all their nutritional needs with breastmilk anyway,

>> No.10484911
File: 53 KB, 600x365, dense-breast-tissue-chart-600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10484907
>breasts are made from fat and no milk unless a woman is pregnant or recently given birth/still breastfeeding
They literally aren't? There's breast tissue too. I unfortunately also have very dense breasts according to doctors (I needed an ultrasound at age 22 due to a lump that turned out to just be a cyst)

>> No.10484915

>>10484911

Yes breast tissue but your breast tissue isn't liquid breastmilk which is what you'd be feeding kids if it was about feeding children as >>10484905 claims.

>> No.10484944

>>10484825
Wrong. Some people hold fat weird, I got underweight (18 bmi) and I still had a lot of fat on my stomach. I would have to be extremely emaciated to not have a lot of fat on my stomach.

>> No.10484946

>>10484911
wtf are you on about?

>> No.10484951

I'm a fattie-chan that gets shit altered but I want to lose weight so I can fit my dream dress as is (and fit brand shirts). My problem is that I don't have the self control to stop my sugar cravings. Early covid I managed to cut down on sugar and lost some weight but I recently have gone on multiple binges where I just go to the store specifically for sweets. How do you all build up the self control and KEEP it? I don't want to be a borderline whale forever.

>> No.10484952

>>10484951
You have to force yourself to stop eating sugar. It's literally a drug and you're addicted

>> No.10484962

>>10484951
I love sweets too and had to cut down cause of cholesterol problems a few years ago. Don't do it all at once, just build yourself down slowly. I switched out chocolate bars for cheerios and then switched those out for fruit. It sucks at first cause your body literally crashes, but once you're past that it's all about maintaining your diet.

>> No.10484973

>>10484951
Honestly for me I never had success cutting down on sweets. I had a sweet tooth when I was underweight in high school, when I was pushing 275lbs, and I still eat lots of sweets now that I'm back down into a healthy BMI.

I had some luck lessening the amounts and changing the type of sweets I eat, though. I switched from straight up candy to eating more dark chocolate and other less sweet treats. Like I used to eat candy bars and stuff, now I'd struggle to finish a Snickers bc they're so sweet. I also started being smarter about my choice of sweets, in terms of calories and content. Like eating a piece of fruit pie or a strawberry parfait is better than eating a slice of cake or a donut. And eating a piece of cake is still better than eating a bag of M&Ms.

Brains usually don't tally up snacks and drinks as "food". It's part of why people struggle to diet and feel full when cutting calories, bc you can eat a ton and still be hungry. Your body isn't hungry but your brain thinks you haven't had a meal. Being successful is a matter of tricking your brain until you retrain your bodily hunger cues.

If you can't cut out sweets (like I said, I didn't), just count calories. Pick a number and stay under it, but be reasonable. My goal was 1200 a day but I was really aiming to just never go over 1700, so if I miscounted or went out to eat it didn't really matter. It doesn't matter what you're eating, so long as you keep the numbers low you'll eventually get used to eating that amount and you won't want as much sugar naturally.

>> No.10484977

>>10484631
>>10484629
fatties seething kek

>> No.10484978

>>10484717
>>>/twitter/
you posted on the wrong site, fatass

>> No.10484983

>>10484439

I'm not happy with the way they are right now. I wear mainly moitie and VM. Moitie is really getting bigger, only Vm maintained a nice sizing. I don't mind if brands started making huge pieces, I just wish they'd kept their small sizes available.

I do not like to alter my pieces as I feel it loses the resell value in the future (if anything happens) and, depending on the piece, it may alter the overall print and shape. I don't care what people do with their pieces, however.

People who steer away from what's considered average always have to face some kind of criticism, being they fat or thin.

I'm mostly a rectangle? Or maybe a toned down hourglass? I'm not sure. I like to emphasize the waist. It's a blessing to be into lolita fashion and to have small breasts at the same time.

Yes, many times. I mostly avoid Moitie newer releases because the sizing is too big for me nowadays. Same with Jetj (but they have always felt baggy on me anyway).

I have no problems with my weight as for now.

>> No.10484984

>>10484951
From my experience, you should try varying on the flavour and textures of the food you normally eat. When you discover the many flavours fruits, vegetables and grain have, sugar will appear less to your senses (I really used to love sugary things, but nowadays everything is just TOO SWEET for my taste.)

>> No.10484986

>>10484951
counting the calories on the MyFitnessPal app. I'd fuck up, log the huge amount of calories, and next time I'd remember the quantifiable magnitude of my previous fuckup and make an effor to avoid it, then I'd make a new fuckup or a slightly smaller fuckup, on and on until now my fuck-ups are much smaller.

>> No.10485028

>>10484978
I literally said I was too small for most brand in my original post, sorry you’re upset I stated facts <3 die mad about the existence of fat people, that is if you’re not just a self-hating whale chan

>> No.10485034

I’m glad that AP has started expanding their sizes but I miss when there was a half shirred panel option as well as a full back for print releases. I’m not skinny, just average. and my bust is really small. Never thought I’d have to wear a push up with lolita just to fill out the chest.

I’ve done it in the past when I was bigger and I HAD to have the dress. I still have them, and they’re very comfortable!

I’ve seen some extremes on here lately. People pick on bigger lolitas as well as the skelly ones. But most of the time plus size girls get shat on. Sometimes it’s for clearly offensive things like using their foopa as a stand in petti, other times it’s wearing clothes that just don’t fit. I feel like those call-outs are warranted since this is a fashion based hobby and ill-fitting pieces, regardless of what type of fashion you’re in, is a fail. However there are times where girls who have coords that are decent get shat on because they actually altered their clothes to fit this “ruining it for the public forever”

(1/2 I hit the limit, sorry)

>> No.10485044

>>10484907
I wasn't trying to claim that the fat in breasts feeds children. When you start loosing weight it starts in different places for different people. For myself, I see it in my arms first then hips thighs stomach then face and boobs. When I asked my nutritionist about this years ago she was saying that generations of those whose genetics favored fat loss in breasts/hips first would not outsurvive those who kept fat longer in those places.

It sounds sus to me as well so I tried to look it up but there is conflicting information about whether or not ~everyone~ looses weight in hips/boobs last or if she was talking out of her ass.

https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/blog/health/how-weight-affects-your-breasts-size
>"Each time you inflate (gain weight) or deflate (lose weight) the skin around your breast tissue loses more of its elasticity, reducing its ability to contract to the new shape of your breast. However, not all types of weight loss have the same effect. “Rapid weight loss is hardest on your breasts,” says Dr. Shafer. As your skin hurries to keep up with your quickly shrinking breasts, your collagen production is disrupted. That means you’re likely to end up with stretch marks and breasts that have a deflated appearance—emptier on top, fuller on the bottom, with the nipples pointing downward. A “starvation diet” compounds the problem: “Severe calorie restriction means that your skin isn’t getting the proper nourishment from your diet, making its quality even worse,” says Shafer. Yo-yo dieting is similarly damaging."

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/a19885977/breasts-and-weight-loss/
>Ugh. And your breasts shrink before anything else? Not necessarily. It might feel like the all the weight you lost came directly from your boobs—but that’s probably not the case. Fitch says this misconception likely comes from the fact that our breasts are front and center.

>> No.10485046

>>10484907
>>10485044

cont. Not aiming for misinformation. I appreciate you checking me and motivating me to try finding a concrete answer. These sources are not reliable but I thought it was interesting regarding collagen and also building muscle under your chest. So, if you dont want larger boobs you would cut/cardio and avoid heavy chest exercise

https://us.womensbest.com/blogs/fitness/how-to-lose-weight-not-your-breasts
>"Is it possible to lose fat without decreasing your breast size? Yes, definitely! As we know, it is not possible to spot-target fat deposits. At the same time, spot muscle-building IS very well possible. Just look at all those bodybuilders with well-built chest muscles. Sometimes they have bigger „boobs“ than many girls. This means that you should aim at building up your underlying chest muscles while burning fat. On the one side you are losing breast fat but on the other side if you are gaining chest muscles, your breast size will still be very much the same."

Again not a scientific study but intersting to consider

>> No.10485049

>>10484439
My waist is about 63 cm and I have huge tits but I still fit most brand pieces. I wouldn’t like brands to offer multiple sizes because that would dilute the secondhand market. Shirring is great though, yes to more shirred dresses.

I wish more people did it instead of stuffing themselves in dresses or drowning in them.

Definitely, but I don’t think it matters much when lolitas dress for their sizes and actually look good. I know it’s not as easy as regular-sized folks doing it but it would help with the stigma if there were more well dressed fat lolitas.

I am an hourglass but I think I look more top heavy beacuse of my boobs. Petticoat helps though I also wear chunky shoes to balance it.

I skipped a MM dress because it wouldn’t fit my chest.

Alter your garments and wear supportive undergarments. Visit ABraThatFits. Know what cuts work for your body shape and stick to them.

Exercise is nice but it doesn’t really help much with weight loss. You need to cut calories if you really want to see a difference. I have been eating 700-1000 kalories a day since January and lost 10kg. Already reached my goal weight, quarantine has been great for me actually.

>> No.10485084

>>10485046

Thanks for all the info! As a busty girl who has had a ton of weight fluctuation (extreme weight gain and loss due to EDs over years) I always get mystified by how everyone's body or even my own at various times responds to weight loss or changes differently, especially with boobs since I like jfashion and titties are basically the devil.

>> No.10485085

>>10485028
projection isn’t cute, wailord.

>> No.10485086

>>10485049
>700-1000 calories a day
I've been seeing this on other posts, some of you on here seriously have eating disorders and need help. I'm not trying to say that in a mean way, but you're not eating enough. The minimum amount of calories an adult woman needs is about 1,600. Anon, you sometimes don't eat half of that.

>> No.10485087

>>10484951
There are two important factors on this

First, what you eat. You need to eat food that won’t be quickly digested. Stuff that is rich on fibers, not overly processed and don’t have a lot of addictives. Shortly, real natural food. Overly processed stuff, even if low on calories, a lot of the times is addictive and since your body can digest it really fast, it’s easy to fall under a craving for food every time pattern. Also, try fruits if you are craving for sweet, they are sweet, they have sugar, but they are healthier and will make you have less cravings than super processed thin sugar filled sweets.

The second thing you should focus is your mental health, people usually have a reason to overeat or undereat, it’s somewhere else on your life. In my case, I overeat because of anxiety. See a therapist, seek healthy habits for your mind, it’s not a separated from your body.

>> No.10485089

>>10485086
I agree that 700 is definitely too low and if anon is really only taking this much calories a day it’s definitely unhealthy, but the ideal intake if you are trying to lose weight tends to be around 1200 a day.

>> No.10485090

>>10485086
My bmi is 1100 calories, I was eating 1000-1500 and I ended up gaining weight. 1600? Stop talking out of your ass every body is different. You don’t even know how tall I am or how my body is built.

>> No.10485091

>>10485090
Bmr*

>> No.10485093

I just want to share that I’m finally able to eat healthy even on a diet. I had this pattern of gaining weight, starting a healthy diet and less than a week later taking the diet too far and starting to starve myself as much as I could take until I couldn’t take it anymore and started to binge eat.

The thing is, I have being eating healthily without falling under that pattern for one month now. I’ve lost 2,5kg and want to lose 4 more so I can get on 60kg.

I’m also fit dancing every morning as an exercise and it has been great, I’m less tired and more strong.

>> No.10485102

>>10485091
Bmr and tdee are different things. BMR is just the body's basic functions. TDEE measures your caloric needs. 1200cal is for a woman who is really short and thin and sedentary.

>> No.10485104

Since this seems like a good place to ask: do any other lolitas here have PCOS? A major symptom is bloating and weight gain and difficulty losing weight.
I'll gain weight just by looking at calories, I feel like I have no control. I work out daily, cut out calories, but my dr won't give me any medication for stabilizing my weight bc im not fat enough, apparently, but my weight fluctuates rapidly which is Exhausting

I'm 5', about 119. Goal is 110. Any help gulls?

>> No.10485108

>>10485090
you gained weight because your body was starved and hoarded the few extra calories you did give it. that's what happens anytime you try to lose weight by cutting calories and that's why people say any weight you lose by ""dieting"" will eventually be gained back with more. even 1000, which is the max amount you put, is too low for your bmr. the amount of calories you're consuming are too low for an 8 year old, much less a grown woman.

>> No.10485111

>>10485108
Hahahaha holy shit you're retarded. That's not how the laws of thermodynamics works. You can't store less calories than you burn as fat holy fuck im laughing so hard

>> No.10485112

>>10485108
You got it completely wrong. I always ate this way and my BMI was around 19 until my habits changed and started eating more like 1500 calories a day. Then I quickly gained weight and my BMI went up to 24.9. That’s why I lowered my calorie intake and lost weight. Now my BMI went back to 19-20 thankfully. Thanks but again every body is different.

>> No.10485113

>>10485108
You're supposed to eat less than your bmi to lose weight, dumb ass. Starvation mode is a myth, if this was the case then starving children in third world countries would be obese because they'd be storing the small amount of calories they eat as fat.
If you eat more calories than your body burn in a day, then it will be stored as fat. If you eat less, your body will burn the stored fat you have as energy, which is what weight loss is.

>> No.10485114

>>10485111
anon, seriously, get help. you're reacting to what i'm saying by suddenly getting defensive and acting aggressive. i know this is 4chan, but that isn't a reaction a normal person has. you have a problem.

>> No.10485115

>>10485108
You can’t lose weight without cutting calories tho...

>> No.10485117

>>10485108
By your logic holocaust victims would be overweight because they hoarded any calories eaten as fat kek this is not how bodies work at all

>> No.10485119

>>10485114
No, I am a healthy weight. You're just incredibly stupid.

>> No.10485120

>>10485115
Just ignore their retard logic, it's a massive cope to justify being obese.

>> No.10485121

>>10485086
1600 cals a day is a bullshit HAES 'anti-diet' talking point based on a flawed premise. An overweight woman of average height and low activity needs to eat that much to MAINTAIN her weight.

For anyone shorter or smaller, that's too much and they'll gain weight unless they exercise a lot more. For anyone actually trying to lose weight, 1600/day is probably too much. Virtually every bit of research ever done supports that 1200/day is optimal for weight loss for most people, bc it's enough to actually lose weight while still being a reasonable amount of food. But 1200 is still too high for weight loss if you're petite.

I'm a fucking landwhale and taller than average and my BMR is only 1900.

And while we're debunking fat acceptance bullshit, no, starvation mode isn't a thing. And no, there's no horrible health side effects awaiting someone eating a 700cal diet, so long as they're getting a proper balance of nutrients. The physical side effects of EDs occur bc those girls have significant long term nutritional deficits, bc they eat a single celery stick with their laxative tea each day and then go throw it up.

>> No.10485124

>>10485121
I see where you're coming from but I'm 5'5 and I lose weight on 1650 a day, and I don't excercise much at all. It really depends on the person.

>> No.10485126

>>10485113
>>10485117
this is like saying global warming isn't real because it still snows. obviously when you eat very little you get very skinny, but once you start feeding your body you're obviously going to start growing cause your body isn't gonna know what to do with more calories than it usually consumes.

>> No.10485127

>>10485120
i have a bmi of 18, but i see all the ana chans are piling on me cause i dared to point out that their eating habits are unhealthy <3

>> No.10485128

>>10485121
>no side effects of a 700 cal diet
this is how i know you're talking bullshit. 700 calories is barely enough to maintain a literal toddler.

>> No.10485129

>>10485126
Your logic makes no sense. Nobody starts piling on weight eating less calories than their BMR, that's just not how physics works. Starvation mode is a myth and you're an idiot.

>> No.10485130

>>10485128
Who would have thought that short women exist?

>> No.10485132

>>10485124
Same I'm 5"5 125 lbs and I eat around 1800-2000 to maintain, only do light exercise

>> No.10485133

>>10485127
I'm not an anachan, you're just really stupid and you don't understand how thermodynamics works.

>> No.10485134

>>10485132
Same, literally weigh the same as you. "Starvation mode" is still a myth tho, you can't gain weight if you're eating less than you burn in a day, that's just not how shit works...

>> No.10485135

>>10485129
you don't pile on weight eating less calories, you pile on weight once you start eating more than you were before. also, as another anon pointed out above, bmr is the bare minimum your body needs to function, it is NOT a standard of how many calories your body needs. even if you're taking in less calories to lose weight, you've grossly underestimated the amount you need.

yall are seriously getting defensive and it's just making it more obvious you actually do have a problem. i've been continuously called an idiot and retard for stating facts and most of the counterpoints brought up have either 1. been further countered or 2. are literally just "that isn't true!!1111!!!" with no further evidence. please consider talking about this with someone close to you who isn't in the same situation.

>> No.10485136

>>10485130
sorry, i didn't realize you were a literal dwarf at 3'6

>> No.10485137

>>10485135
>you pile on weight once you start eating more than you were before

Then don’t? If you start piling on weight that means you are eating more than your body needs.

>> No.10485139

>>10485135
You can only gain weight if you're eating less than your body burns at the weight it's at.
Example:
I'm 5'5 124 lbs, sedentary

My bmr is : 1650 cals

So, if I eat 1650-1700, I will maintain my weight.
If I eat more than that, I will gain because my body doesn't burn that much at that weight. If I eat less, I will lose weight because my body is forced to burn the stored fat I have as energy.

Sure, if you're super underweight, it's easier to gain weight because your BMR Is incredibly low. But if you're overweight you're not gonna gain a shit ton just because you're eating 100 cals less than you usually do kek

>> No.10485140

>>10485137
no it doesn't, if you were previously eating 200 calories a day and start eating 1200 and gain weight, it's not cause you're now eating more than you need, your body simply has more calories to work with now. if you need to eat less than 1200 a day to maintain your weight you probably shouldn't be that weight, period. most modern cultures tell us skinny = good, but the reality is not all of us are meant to be skinny. the same way some people are blonde while others are brunette, some people are skinny and some are fat. there's seriously no shame in being bigger than other people and as long as you're at a healthy bmi there's no reason for you to be aiming to lose weight anyways.

>> No.10485141

>>10485135

> you pile on weight once you start eating more than you were before

Duh, that's how weight loss works. You can't just eat less to lose weight and then start eating as much as you ate when you were overweight and expect to stay the same. Holy shit you are genuinely retarded.

>> No.10485143

>>10485140
Lmao this is sad. I’m very petite and not even underweight but you seem pretty upset about it.

>> No.10485144

>>10485140
If you need to eat less than 1200 a day to maintain your weight, it's because you're short and don't excercise much, if you excercise more than you can eat more because you're burning more calories than if you were sedentary. This is not that hard to grasp. Nobody is naturally overweight.

>> No.10485146

>>10484951
Learn to crave flavours like spicy and umami instead which you can incorporate into cooked meals. I used to have a huge sweet tooth and now I find many things too sweet and more often crave savory foods like hummus and meats.

>> No.10485151

>>10484817
If you have NASH then the problem is that you're fat, sorry. The only treatment for that is weight loss. It will go from your stomach eventually but that is more diet related than exercise related.

>> No.10485152

>>10485143
yea, a lot of my friends in high school had eating disorders and it was genuinely heartbreaking to watch them destroy themselves and not be able to do anything about it so seeing people so casually recommending clearly unhealthy "weight loss tips" does make me pretty upset.

>>10485144
it's amazing how anytime i say "being fat is ok" people automatically jump to thinking i'm saying overweight or obese. i'm talking about the upper end of a healthy bmi, which some people naturally are. science says there's three general body types which can be categorized as small, medium, and large. some people are just genuinly made to be bigger than others and that's ok as long as their weight is relatively normal, idk why this is upsetting for people on this board to hear.
also unless you're like a 4'9 woman who weighs 90 pounds you shouldn't be eating 1000 calories, which i doubt the majority of you are.

>> No.10485156

>>10485152
There is nothing “clearly unhealthy” about me being very petite and 20 BMI but you are clearly projecting.

>> No.10485157

>>10484952
Oxygen is literally a drug and you are addicted!!!

>> No.10485159

>>10484951
Do food meditation with sweets. It takes time so when you finish 1 candy you won't be craving for another.

>> No.10485161

>>10485157
What is the point you're making? Added sugars are literally shit for you you. They're proven to destroy gut bacteria and cause yeast infections.

>> No.10485162

>>10484729
I got a large ribcage and shoulders. I barely have boobs and I manage to have boob loaf! I feel like im hulking out in dresses. I wish more western brands catered to western sizes

>> No.10485163

>>10484439
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqSosWb3FCE

>> No.10485164

>>10485028
>>10485127
><3
>die mad
>doesn’t believe in calories in and calories out
twitter is that way, fatass

>> No.10485165

>>10485156
i'm not saying being small is bad, i'm skinny too? like i said, some people are meant to be skinny, but if you need to do essentially starve yourself to be skinny then yea, that's unhealthy lol. eating 700 calories a day is not normal. i eat about 1500 calories a day with a bmi of 18, but keep coping ana chan

>> No.10485169

>>10485165
You keep saying you eat well but you sure you get all the nutrients you need? Because your reading comprehension seem to be suffering. I always ate like this and was skinny until I started living with my SO (who is way taller and muscular than me) and started eating like them. I BARELY lost 10 KG in 9 MONTHS eating 700 calories lol you are delusional if this sounds like starving to you.

>> No.10485175

>>10485169
I'm not even agreeing with fattychan but honestly anon, you're probably underestimating your intake. I lose quite easily on 1500 and im not tall or overweight.

>> No.10485176

>>10484703
Can you put them on over your head rather than over your thighs?

>> No.10485177

>>10485175
Idk, I got a kitchen scale and have been home cooking since. I don’t eat strictly 700 everyday though like I said it’s 700-1000 depending my apetite that day but I only got over 1000 once or twice. I’m 4’11.

>> No.10485179

>>10485086
1600?!! Wtf dude. I'm 4'11, if I ate that much I'd be 25% bigger. I need like 1000-1200 MAX in order to not increase.

>> No.10485183

>>10485177
>>10485179
You know you can reply to multiple posts in one post right anon

>> No.10485185
File: 188 KB, 1125x393, 879D7524-A2E2-49C1-82AF-A2DF72EF4554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10485183

>> No.10485187
File: 128 KB, 249x289, Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.31.51 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what is a good calorie counting app? preferably one that isnt annoying to use with a ton of ads.

>> No.10485190

>>10485169
Obviously if you’ve been eating like this for years your weight’s gonna stay constant, doesn’t mean that’s how you should be eating. Imagine if an obese person said “I’ve eaten 4000 calories everyday for years and haven’t gained weight at all.” You’re still eating less than is recommended for a literal 4 year old. Unless you’re 3 feet tall and weigh 50 pounds you’re starving yourself. I’m probably gonna leave the conversation here though, at this point it’s obvious you genuinely believe you’re fine and I can’t change your mind. Anon, I just hope you have the courage to start taking care of yourself one day or someone in your life helps you out.

>> No.10485193

>>10485190
Nayrt but you seem to be either deliberately ignoring the points anon makes or you are genuinely stupid. Good luck lecturing people on topics you know nothing about.

>> No.10485194

Anons is it an ED to want your clothes to fit you again? jfc

>> No.10485198

>>10485121
>>10485090
>>10485091
BMR and TDEE are completely different things. If you eat at your BMR you still loose weight unless you're literally in bed all day.

>> No.10485200

>>10485190
The whole “eating less than a child!!1! “ argument is so fucking dumb. Children are GROWING, trying to increase their body size to several times that of their current size which requires a shit ton of energy. Also, if you’d spent any time around them at all you’d realize that they, unlike adults, basically never sit still.

>> No.10485202

>>10485185
So both of you are coincidentally 4’11”... damn lmao

>>10485187
Nyart but I just fucking use notes and google the amount of calories everything is

>> No.10485221

>>10485177
I’m not the “you should eat 1600kcal a day” anon, but I agree that you are probably underestimating your calories income and the problem with that is that other people may read it and try to stay at real 700~1000 a day thinking it’s healthy because of the experience you are sharing here. Doesn’t mean you need to change the way you eat if you are maintaining a healthy weight and taking enough nutrients as you seems to be.

You shouldn’t get less than 1000kcal a day 1000~1200 is usually what’s good for weight loss for sedentary people depending on your height.

>> No.10485223

>>10485221
>depending on your height
I feel like these are the keywords but, do you have any suggestions to more accurately calculate my calorie intake? I usually check calories for ingredients for a meal and add them then divide the final number by the number of portions.

>> No.10485225

>>10485162
make here with the shoulders sadly..
considering just getting a chest binder, maybe my big ass ribcage will fit into more blouses then

>> No.10485229

>>10485223
Kitchen scales. Weigh your ingredients.

>> No.10485231

>>10485229
I already do >>10485177

>> No.10485232

>>10485104
Hey anon, I have it too and it absolutely sucks. However, I’m at a healthy weight and BMI and have had a lot of success losing weight- it just takes even more work than for people without it.

Some things that have helped for me are being very strict about the types of food I eat as well as calories and “hormone manipulation”. I eat high protein and fiber, healthy fats, and low carb. Sugar and refined carbs are basically out of the question; the bloating and other symptoms that come with it make me extremely sick. I can feel my body respond positively to the right foods and the wrong foods bring pain, so it’s easy to tell right from wrong.

As far as hormone manipulation goes, I stay on birth control which helps a lot (took a couple of switches over a year period to really find the right one) and I exercise at times of day that will make my body more responsive to insulin. So, jogging before breakfast, or lifting in the afternoon without eating for 2-4 hours to follow. Don’t eat past 6pm, either; having that night fast makes a big difference.

>> No.10485239

>>10485157
Stay fat then lmao

>> No.10485242

>>10485232
I don’t have PCOS like you guys but I’m seconding this. Low carb and having a nightly “fast” by stopping eating early really helps my PMS symptoms. I started in June and I lost like 6 kg the first month, and my PMS symptoms were nonexistent. My whole life I’ve had horrible breast pain 7-10 days before my period and eating right stopped that. Absolutely no pain. So I’m on board with the low carb train.

>> No.10485299

>>10485093
>I’m also fit dancing every morning as an exercise and it has been great, I’m less tired and more strong.

That sounds fun as heck. What is your source or who do you follow for the routine?

>> No.10485300

>>10485187
myfitnesspal is the most common so you will have an easy time searching foods by brand name etc. I barely see adds if at all and you can also track weight, exercise, and link it to your step count, etc

>> No.10485301
File: 45 KB, 236x851, 1b904b62d16cabfe4acbae3406114d4f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What fitness plans do you follow or what have you tried in the past?

I've considered Kayla Itsines "sweat" app in the past because it focuses on plyo and hiit exercises which I know would help me loose weight without bulking, etc.

Curious what you all have used!

>> No.10485306

>>10485301
I've tried a bit of everything and came up with my own fitness routine:
I usually start with 10 minutes of yoga stretching. Following with 5 minutes of arms, 5 minutes core and finishing off with 5 minutes cardio intense excercises. I try to do it every 2nd or 3rd day, with pretty good results in only 6 months. I'm not scared of some muscles though. I used to be skinny fat and now lost all excess fat around my waist, have gained a little abs instead. I look overall slimmer though.

>> No.10485308

>>10485202
>google the amount of calories everything is
Same, I just have a Google Sheet with a column for each day, I'm too leery of apps selling my data (and I only keep track of calories rather than macro/micronutrients anyways).

>> No.10485311
File: 38 KB, 800x500, confuse_lolita.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've always thought, and still think, Lolita dresses should be made in two sizes with lots of shirring; size 1 (US 2 - 8) and size 2 (10 - 14/16). I don't like how the current sizing is scaling up, because I've always know girls in the US size 2 or 0 range that are too small to fit, so I think the better plan is to focus on the idea of two ranges.

Lolita dresses are just objects of fashion; once you own it it is yours and no one should ever tell you how to use something you bought.

I was an obese teenager (s18), an underweight young (s0) adult and average size (s4) adult. I think there's a stigma against "bigger" girls because of specific famous personalities that staple their behavior to their dress size instead of just being an asshole.

I have broad shoulders (18" across) no matter if I'm 90lb or 130lb. I stick with JSK to eliminate shoulder-fit issues and I always look for shirring no matter what size I currently am so that the dress will mold to me and I don't have to be the "right shape" for it.

>> No.10485313

>>10485311

Yes. In an ideal world I'd like more princess-seam or hourglass friendly cuts, but often instead there's this common cut of the longer bodice but it's a solid tube, so even with shirring it leaves me with excess fabric at the waist.

Make sure your blouse is your actual size (not "close enough" / a bit snug) and is made of pure cotton or linen. Don't be scared and go for a bolero over a JSK; but again make sure the bolero is your true size and made of natural materials; try to avoid sweater-knits and go for woven instead always (think shirt-cottons)

Be realistic with what you can put up with, make changes you can honestly sustain and don't worry if you have one bad habit that you can curb but not totally eliminate. Perfection is the mind killer.

Yes. It's the "threat" that keeps me in check; I want my money's worth out of those dresses. Just be careful never to attached your weight to your self worth. If you don't fit a dress anymore that doesn't devalue you, yourself the person.

Lolita provided a hard, physical goal post. Before then the concept of being the "right" size was too abstract. Now I can say; "if I can fit this specific dress then I am at a good weight".

>> No.10485347

>>10485086
I’m fat and I gain at anything over 1400. I maintain at 1200 I only loose weight at 1000-1100

>> No.10485348

>>10485347
sounds like you don’t count your calories right lol. i’m 16 bmi and i maintain at 1200, there’s no way you wouldn’t be losing weight if you’re “fat” unless you’re like 2 ft tall

>> No.10485351

If we can have a thread like this why can’t we have an inspo thread for plus size girls?

Some of us are trying to lose weight but that takes time so we should be allowed to discuss flattering ways to coord in the meantime without it being detailed within minutes.

>> No.10485354

>>10484439

Eh, 2010's sizing was the best imo, I don't love the increase in sizing as long as it doesn't get any bigger.

People can do what they want with their items.

I mean it's JFash so they cater to Japanese women idk what people are expecting size-wise.

Hourglass. Typically I think JSKs are the most flattering, and honestly I think they're more fun/challenging to coord sometimes. I stay away from babydoll cuts because too much boob.

Yes, I do that with all my clothing, if it's not going to do you any favors why wear it?

Intermittent fasting and actual cardio. The biggest tip though if you want to loose weight is REAL cardio, no walking bullshit. You should be getting your heart rate up and maintaining it for a solid 30 minutes.

Definitely! I'm down at my lowest weight, but mantaining muscle mass and health and I'm not an anachan. It's just about finding out what's healthy for you.

Like I said IF 16:8 5 days a week 20:4 two days. Run about a 5k a day with a 10k on the weekend. Went from 130 to 110 in about 40 days, it's just about staying persistent and consistent.

>> No.10485380

>>10485351
make it yourself??? the lack of oc on this board is horrible as it is so why add to that and complain in another thread about a thread you want

>> No.10485384

>>10485225
I tried one for cosplay and wore it in lolita, it works but you can crack a rib easily from overuse

>> No.10485387

>>10485380
>without it being derailed within minutes
Anyone can make a plus-sized thread but it's hit or miss whether it'll get useful replies or just reeing.

>> No.10485393

>>10485225 >>10485384
There are companies out there that make "safer" ones for daily use for transmen. I'm getting one soon, they're less then $50 on gc2b.co

>>10485351 >>10485380 >>10485387
two points; 1) Being relient on the collective to create a thread to your liking with the type of comments you'd like to see is not a healthy mindset and suggests you're struggling with control issues or self esteem. 2) plus-size threads usually derail because the plus size girls start baiting for REEEs but then can't handle it actually happening.

>> No.10485416

>>10485393
>plus size girls start baiting for REEEs but then can't handle it actually happening
What does this mean in practice?

>> No.10485440

>>10485299
I just search fit dance on youtube and try to find something with musics that I like and a workout intensity that will leave me tired, but not too tired. It’s free and fun and there’s a lot of diversity.

>> No.10485442

>>10485440
Actually, I search for dance workout

>> No.10485443

>>10485299
Nayrt but I turn on my fav music and dance for 30 min every other day

>> No.10485445

>>10485443
That's emarassing kek

>> No.10485451

I’ve tried intermittent fasting and I just can’t do it. I got an ulcer last time I tried, because my stomach just kept freaking out and refluxing. It sucks.

>> No.10485453

>>10485451
How long did you fast for? Maybe you need to fix your overall diet before trying for the intermittent fasting.

>> No.10485455

>>10485451
Sure fatty

>> No.10485456

>>10485451

> my stomach freaks out when I only eat one meal of pure grease and garbage! It must be because im not eating it often enough
Fatty logic kek

>> No.10485461

>>10485451
What was your fasting schedule and what do you normally eat? You might do better in baby steps with shorter fasts. I would suggest keto first, then partner with intermittent fasting.

>> No.10485464

>>10485451
Omg ahahaha is that a *worksafe* plug? omg ahahahaha

>> No.10485466

>>10485445
Ok fatty kek

>> No.10485469

>>10485466
Nice try, im not the fatty dancing around my room pretending to be a hot tik tok girl kek

>> No.10485481

>>10485469
I'm not fat and I don't do that, but project harder.

>> No.10485482

>>10485481
Sure, landwhale. I'm sure you look great with all your blubber jiggling.

>> No.10485488

>>10485482
I'm literally not >>10485443

Seek help for your delusions.

>> No.10485522

>>10485461

If they have reflux issues the excess fat from keto could make it worse; it all depends on what sets them off.

>> No.10485534

>>10485445
Mb, but it is a good cardio exersice and it makes your mood up.

>> No.10485535

>>10485534
Also I'm not a fatty seek help as >>10485488 said

>> No.10485540

Went from BMI 23.3 to BMI 20.2 in two months by doing keto. Lost 14 pounds so far. I am hoping to lose another 8 pounds but I think that after losing another 4 I will just lose that just by cutting calories. Keto really helps with eating less as cheating isn't possible without going out of ketosis so there is more to lose and you don't feel hungry throughout today either.

Even when I was at a BMI of 18 some brands were impossible to fit into. Victorian Maiden and Innocent world just aren't made for the frame of a Western woman. Victorian Maiden blouses and OPs are way too small around my arms. Innocent World skirt are tight around my waist even if I am a size XS/zero. Their dresses give me boobloaf even though my cups are A size. It's just really unfortunate because I do like classic lolita.

>> No.10485541

>>10485445
Only fatasses would think exercise is embarrassing kek

>> No.10485543

>>10485540
How tall are you and what are your measurements?

>> No.10485547

My biggest source of suffering my is my boobs. I’m so jealous of girls in lolita with the body type of small boobs/torso and larger arms and legs. They can wear and look good in so many more dresses than me. Sure, I’ve got thin arms and legs, but my boobs kill all my hopes and dreams every time. Even if I can fit a dress, I have to cope with boobloaf.

>> No.10485550

>>10485540
Be very careful doing keto

>> No.10485553

>>10485550
nta but why be careful of keto? I haven’t looked much into it but so far everyone I’ve seen and heard were on keto say it’s amazing and it’s worked out great for them.

>> No.10485559

>>10485553
Basically, it can fuck up your kidneys and heart pretty badly.

It just let you eat food for fatties that's why people love that diet but it's unhealthy as hell just do some research pls

>> No.10485562

>>10484439
Its really nice these days that there's lots of shirred stuff so you don't need to freak out as much over losing weight. Even people up to 75kg can enjoy lolita now.

>> No.10485563

I can appreciate how much size diversity there is these days, despite the fact I am small. I usually swim in "small" American clothes due to size vanity so I'm happy lolita can fit me properly.

I don't care unless someone lies about alterations when they try to sell their clothes.

Of course there is, especially when you only really see thin waify lolita models in promo and sales photos. I would like to see more weight diversity in sales photos.

I'm pear-shaped with a small chest and a shapely booty I'd rather not show off, so most lolita fits me very well. The only cut I wouldn't choose is a salopette due to wide hips and a short waist, but thankfully those aren't very common.

I discovered lolita only recently, so when going through dresses I am looking to buy I'm often disappointed when the only sizes left are too large for me. I also hate that for a lot of dresses either the waist is too small with perfect bust or the bust is too large with a perfect waist.

Be honest about your size, or lose weight until you are happy. Just because you can squeeze into it doesn't mean it fits.

>> No.10485565

I just got ring fit adventure yesterday based on recommendations in another thread and I’m two sessions in and loving it so far. I get bored quickly with repetitive workouts so I’m hoping this will help keep it interesting. I might have set the difficulty a little too high though because it’s really kicking my ass

>> No.10485566

>>10484439
>>How do you feel about alterations to make pieces bigger or smaller?
This ruins the clothes permanently and is one of the worst things people can do other than letting their clothes become stained or excessively wrinkled. If anyone ever wants that piece later they will probably never be able to wear it because of the alterations so that's one fewer item in the pool, there isn't an unlimited supply of clothes so when people alter rare or expensive pieces its the worst.

>> No.10485567

>>10485540
>Aren't made for the frame of a western woman

I'm 5'8" and wear predominantly MM/VM. Western women are not a monolith, but I recognize I definitely have a more petite bone structure. If IW didn't fit your waist though, I'm inclined to wonder if you really were that skinny.

Weight wise I had always been in the low 130's since high school, but recently with quarantine and recovering from some mental health struggles I've managed to drop another 10lbs I didn't know I could healthily lose. I'm amazed by how much more comfortable my clothes feel, and it motivates me to keep the weight off. The things that help me are to give myself a (non-food) reward when I complete my workout, and to have a buddy to keep yourself accountable.

>> No.10485569

>>10485567
She was probably unfortunate enough to have a gut, which many people will not mention because fat around the waist and torso is a sign of metabolic disease.

>> No.10485579

>>10485566
There's no moral duty to keep YOUR clothes pristine for some imaginary future buyer. This thinking is what makes people too scared to actually wear lolita clothes as clothes.

>> No.10485585

>>10485566
>tfw i alter all my brand to fit my small chest/ribs because i don't give a heck about you or the comm

>> No.10485591

>>10485566
That's retarded.

You're assuming every lolita wants to eventually sell all their dresses for the best market price. Some of us are normal and just want to wear our goddamned clothes. And I say that as someone who has altered brand both larger and smaller before when needed and never minded adjusting if I bought an already altered piece. Altering things smaller is also usually more reversible because you can take stuff in and leave the excess fabric in the seam allowance.

>> No.10485601

>>10485569
>fat around the waist and torso is a sign of metabolic disease.
no.

>> No.10485605

>>10484962
>>10484973
>>10484984
>>10484986
>>10485087

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm definitely working on the swapping sugars out. The seasonal fruits rotation is something I want to look into! I got some honeycrisp apples when they were in season and they were the best!
I managed to eliminate sodas and juices a few years ago which was an act of God. I'm trying the "eat something before you go to the grocery store" tactic so I don't buy lots of unnecessary packaged/processed foods. I have the Lose It! App my only beef is that I exercise it adds calories to my daily max of 1500 (I burn 200 suddenly my daily max is 1700). I really wish it didn't!

>>10485087
Anon don't call me out on my emotional eating like this! I have a therapist but they just kind of glossed over the anxiety eating and called it boredom but that's feels thread content lbh.

>> No.10485606

>>10485567
Some of their skirts want you to have a 64cm waist in order to have it fit comfortably. I have a skinnier and smaller friend who doesn't like them either.

>> No.10485607

>>10485569
Not her, but the shirring on certain IW skirts can be very unforgiving too- some were incredibly tight on me at 64 cm waist, so maybe that's what >>10485540 had?

>> No.10485618

>>10485601
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16448989/#:~:text=In%20this%20regard%2C%20body%20fat,to%20as%20the%20metabolic%20syndrome.

Sorry to say but you are wrong, scientific studies support this fact.

>> No.10485619

>>10485618
Not only this but
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4268163/
"However, across BMI, a single measure of and longitudinal change in VF predict MetS, even accounting for weight changes. Visceral adiposity is essential to assessing cardiometabolic risk, regardless of age, race, or BMI, and may serve as a marker and target of therapy in cardiometabolic disease."

There are a LOT of studies about this, this is common knowledge now that the more visceral fat you have the worse your health is overall.

>> No.10485621

>>10485619
>>10485618

Samefag. Just having some fat on your waist doesn't make you instantly unhealthy.

>> No.10485640

>>10485301
I’ve tried doing the scientific seven minute workout but I’m too fat and lazy
I wonder if any anon here has used it and how it has worked out for them?

>> No.10485646

>>10485606
>>10485607
Oh, I didn't know some of them went that small! That's definitely understandable, I retract my statement.

>>10485621
It doesn't, I think the speculation is more if you have an 18 bmi and a gut then your proportion of visceral fat might be a little high comparatively. At least that's what I got from it

>> No.10485669

I am really busty, but my body is small. Most cuts are out of the question, especially sack dresses and high waists. I feel like my boobs are a big reason I can't fit into some blouses and why so many dresses look bad on me.

>> No.10485670

>>10485669
Get a breast reduction or wear something else

>> No.10485674

>>10485669
Stop coming here to whine about your huge tits and go be a stripper, the thing you would actually be useful for.

>> No.10485712

>>10485565
I was one of the anons that recommended it, so glad you’re loving it! It gets so intense later on in the game, so get ready!

>> No.10485713

>>10485453
I did 18 off, 6 on. My usual diet is a piece of turkey bacon, a scrambled egg, and whole grain toast for breakfast. Lunch is an almond butter sandwich and some carrots and celery with ranch. Dinner is a small portion of a summer pasta salad, and a normal salad with light dressing. No dessert.

>> No.10485730

>>10485713
You might do better eating your veggies with more solid than liquid fats like avocado or hummus instead of ranch and dressing.

>> No.10485731

>>10485730
Pretty regularly, like every other day, I do plantain chips with hummus! It’s one of my favorite lunches because it’s such a good protein. I actually am losing weight with CICO, I just see people succeed with intermittent fasting and get jealous. But I’m down like. Four inches in my waist since July!

>> No.10485732

>>10485713
holy fuck anon this >>10485730. what the fuck are you even doing? most intermittent fasting suggests (or even requires) eating specific kinds of foods so you don't get fucking sick. hell, even insane anachan kpop diets do.

>> No.10485734

>>10485731
>plantain chips
uuuuh...do you have any idea how bad those are for you?

>> No.10485737

>>10485734
Wait, are they really? I thought they were a healthy alternate to pita.
>>10485732
What kind of foods are you supposed to eat? The plan I was given didn’t give specific foods

>> No.10485738

>>10485737
nayrt but they can be healthy if you bake them yourself. But if you're just getting them in the store they're no better than potato chips.

>> No.10485745

>>10485559
I have obese relatives who yelled at me for doing keto while they would eat so much sugar and junk food. It helped me kick my sugar addiction and made me realize how much unnecessary sugar is put into food. I did it for about 3 months and though I did eat more meat on average most of my meals were my regular meals without the carbs and sugar.

It's not something everyone should do and people definitely need to check which supplements they should take and which warning signs they shouldn't ignore. But doing a 30 day keto or doing it a few months isn't that bad.

>> No.10485759

>>10485745
Have fun with your keto crotch kek

>> No.10485810

>>10485713
I wouldn’t try IF with all those carbs! When I did it I was eating whole and natural foods. Not doing keto, but I would replace my morning toast with broccoli and cheese, would have cauliflower rice and zucchini shredded instead of rice and pasta.

>> No.10485811

>>10485669
I feel you anon. It’s such a struggle, and pretty much blocks you into sweet, since sweet brands have more generous sizing.

>> No.10485819
File: 41 KB, 750x407, IMG_20200820_153537.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw pcos omegawide linebacker muscly shoulder blunt faced shitskin hairy ita
>pure skin and bones and muscle
>everyone "clocks" me as "mtf troon" or a "femboy" or "trap" thinking they got me, overanalyizing everydetail with some biology shit
>even at my lowest skele weight my shoulderbones stick out
>absolutely love cutesy things especially classical
>just look like a turbo hon drag queen in everything
>even brolita friends look better than me
>even ironic crossdressers with OPs bought off milanoo look better than me.
it hurts

>> No.10485826

>>10485731

Just keep the carrots for the hummus, anon. It's my favorite crunchy snack. I also do chocolate hazelnut butter (the low sugar kind, not nutella, though it has the same number of calories per serving from the natural fat) and celery sometimes for a sweet snack, but usually prefer half an apple instead.

On salads, try avocado and lemon juice instead of dressing; the fiber will help fill you up and eating more whole foods is infinitely better than ranch or even vinaigrette.

>> No.10485830

>>10485540
>size XS/zero
you mean american size xs or 0? aka asian m lmao. no wonder you don’t fit

>> No.10485839

>>10485830

IW isn't that small tho; a true US XS/0 shouldn't have that many problems unless vanity sizing has gotten worse than I remember since I stopped buying normie clothes? I know fattie brands like Torrid use a zero or 1 as their Xl or 2XL but I assume standard ones aren't that bad.

>> No.10485850

>>10485819
t. another le shitskin lolita, i have a few tips to feel more feminine though i'm not tall but i struggle w/ body hair, acne, shoulders, etc. i dermaplane and do IPL :) i also started focusing more on skincare and wearing only concealer/powder/primer for base makeup which helps soften the face. wearing a JSK with a high neck, frillier blouse masks wide shoulders. i love anything with neck ties (OPs, JSKs, cutsew/blouses) since they're super cute and feminine! i prefer wearing OTKs or tights, my legs appear slimmer that way. i also find that larger headpieces really make you look daintier as well. jewelry, boleros/cardigans, and wigs are your friend! best of luck <3

>> No.10485913

>>10485826
I will keep it in mind, thanks! I’m still going to stick with CICO just because I don’t want to throw up at work again (it’s happened before, on my like. Second week of fasting?) and I’m having a lot of good success working with that and working out thirty minutes a day.

>> No.10485915

>>10485393
I have a gc2b one, I reccomend a tank binder.
the maximum you can wear it is 8 hours a day. If you feel lung tightness or pain take that shit off immediately

>> No.10485919

>>10485540
VM blouses are some of the only ones that fit me and I'm white with a BMI of high 18s. It just varies on your build and frame. I have a petite upper body and thick thighs.

>> No.10485921

>>10485713
Sandwiches suck I can eat two 300 calorie peanut butter sandwiches and still be hungry or one 110 calorie Greek yogurt and be full for 5 hours. And stop eating dressing

>> No.10485923

>>10485737
with a lot of these you're supposed to eat more of one kind of food than others in order for it to work the best. the order is below, and basically you want more of the first foods and less of the last.
>salads/raw veg
(use oil based dressing as it helps with digestion of the fiber, that's what it's for)
>protein
plant based and lean are best
>carbs
any carbs are basically fine
vooked veg/fruit
these are probably lower because they are basically worse versions of the raw veg with more sugars
>dairy
stuff like milk and cheese

sweets and desserts are okay but should be limited. the amount you eat depends on what type of diet you do. i am doing what's called the warrior diet, which is a 20 - 4 so i eat small snacks usually nuts during the 20 hours and then eat whatever, usually going down the line till i am full during a 4 hour period. if you are doing the 18 - 6 i assume you can have more than one meal, so you would be able to break it up into small meals with more salads/proteins and less carbs/dairy

>> No.10485929

I used to have an over 100cm bust and the past year I lost about 40 pounds, I'm in the best shape of my life and I fit comfortably into partially shirred AP now (I think my bust size is around 86 now? Unsure) Anyways a bunch of people asked me how I did it and the truth is I was in my final semester of college and so depressed that looking back I should have called the suicide hotline. I'm feeling better now and have been eating as healthy as I can to keep the weight off (its been about six months and I've been doing very well) but I feel like I can't be proud of my weight loss because it came from the fact that I was too stressed to eat for weeks on end. I look amazing in lolita now, so at least theres that.

>> No.10486386
File: 77 KB, 600x811, 2010-11-14-21-11-18498052210.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10485351

>> No.10486402

>>10485921
Because carbs don’t fill you up, protein does.

>> No.10486405

>>10485351
>>10486386
One of you is gonna have to make it yourselves. Be aware though, it'll almost certainly be derailed, like every other thread on this board.

>> No.10486407

>>10485393
do you still need a "safer" binder if you're already pretty flat but just need one tight enough to not look like youre going braless? Honestly unpadded sports bras almost do the trick but i dont like risking nipples being slightly visible

>> No.10486408

>>10485929
This happened to me in college too. Went from like a size 10 to a 2 in the course of a semester. I pretty much ate nothing except the occasional junk binge. Don’t fret about it, instead make it your goal to maintain. Once you are in a better place it becomes easier to go back to prior eating and exercise habits and gain it back. Don’t feel guilty, instead be proud you are here today and work to keep it that way

>> No.10486567

I feel frustrated that I cannot wear lolita. I've lost so much weight and I can probably fit into some stuff if I really tried looking or altered, but my biggest issue is my bust size. It has not really gone down. I went up a cup size as I lost weight. Only band has lowered. Even in normie clothing. I have issues with stuff fitting correctly due to my breasts. Lolita is something I always wanted to wear. It was a big reason and at this point, I want to give up. I've tried two dresses with shirring and they're tight in the chest. My body is not suited for lolita fashion. Maybe I lost another 20lbs and toned up I might be able to. I don't want to waste the energy though if I really can't.

Like I said, there isn't a point in trying to wear Lolita unless I want to spend money altering clothes or chop off my breasts. This is stupid to complain about, but I've wanted to wear Lolita since I was 12, and I don't see that happening now.

>> No.10486570

>>10486567
Without height, weight or measurements, no one can help you there. "Lost so much weight" could mean you're still overweight. If you can think of losing another 20lbs, then you're probably overweight or close. Losing 20lbs when you're normal weight is a lot.

>> No.10486574

>>10486567
How big are you now, because unless you're an infinifat I'm very skeptical you can't wear lolita.

I had little problem wearing lolita even at 130kg, and I'm very tall with proportionally broad shoulders and a large bust. No, I couldn't wear the latest AP releases, but I had a solid wardrobe of custom sized indie brand stuff, and I could easily fit into forgiving fully shirred things like Btssb's Shirring Princess JSKs. At 110kg I was able to incorporate a lot of fully shirred skirts (like Meta). And at 90kg I could fit into most AP sack dresses, though they were too short.

Not everyone can fit every cut of lolita clothes. I'm way too curvy to wear sallopettes, despite them being my absolute favorite cut. But everyone can wear lolita even if you're fat or you've got big tits. Focus on skirt+blouse coords if dresses don't look good on your bust. Get better bras. And if you're at a healthy weight and still having issues with your breast size in and out of lolita, look into getting a reduction if it's that much of a burden. Surgery is cheap compared to lolita clothes, lol.

>> No.10486583

>>10486567
It sounds like you're giving up prematurely if you only tried two dresses. Were they from the same brand? How much shirring did they have? There will be something that works for you even if it's not your favorite dress. Also if you have room to lose 20 lbs, that could make all the difference.

>> No.10486584

>>10486583
I've literally been deathfat (120-140cm bust and 100-120cm waist) and been able to fit lolita with full shirring, alterations at times, and making my own or commissioning indie. Obviously when I got smaller I got more options but above anon is making no effort and 20 lbs is a hell of a lot especially if you're starting from a lower weight like only being chubby/overweight rather than obese. You could change multiple sizes easily losing 20 lbs so it's really a lack of desire to put in the effort. As a previous fattie even when I was at my biggest I at least tried to find stuff that fit and dress well because I really loved lolita and seeing myself that much closer to what I wanted to be or look like helped me lose the weight. Anon should either try harder or stop whining that everything they want doesn't fit perfectly as if that isn't an issue that people of every size in normie and alt fashion don't deal with all the time.

>> No.10486585

>>10486405
I have made some and participated in the past but it always devolves into weight loss shit. I just wanna see how certain dresses look on similar bodytypes to see if it would be flattering on me. Maybe with this thread being active we have a better shot.

>> No.10486591
File: 557 KB, 803x543, alittlesad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So can we talk about this girl? Her coords are great but when I first saw this photo I was concerned for her. I didn't want to assume she was anorexic, maybe she was just having some other health problems, but her recent video is pretty rough and kind of pro anorexia/bulimia despite her being defensive. Sincerely hope she gets better.

>> No.10486593

>>10486591
i had to block her because seeing her on my explore triggered me. i hope she gets better

>> No.10486594

>>10486591
>her coords are great

Ahahahaha good one anon. But yeah she has been posting some hella proana/pro bulimia tiktoks to her insta stories.

>> No.10486598

>>10486591
Honestly I find her existentially terrifying. She doesn't seem to have any life at all, it's all been taken by her eating disorder. I hope she gets well too but she seems to be leaning in rather than making efforts to recover.

>> No.10486635

>>10485819
I have wide shoulders and a wide masculine face. Lolita tends to be very flattering on me because it always covers my shoulders (black blouses look best) and the poofiness of the skirt balances out the wideness of them. It also helps to stand up straight with my shoulders back and relaxed. My face is wide and my jawline make me look too masculine for my prefrence. When I got my triangle bangs cut, I asked them to cut it in closer so it would end a bit past my eyes, but just before the ends of my eyebrows. By doing this, it covers up my square jawline and makes my face look smaller and more feminine. I also suggest wearing a light foundation, eyeliner, small lashes for casual, and doing your eyebrows. If facial hair is seriously an issue I reccomend getting laser hair removal. I got it done in a couple areas and it signifigantly reduced the amount of hair. Each session go by relatively fast and its not very painful. The hair that is left after my first treatment is much easier to manage. High socks make shaving less of an issue as well.

>> No.10486643

They should size however they want. Convincing brands to make bigger sizes won't stop the bias against fatties from existing.
It's fine as long as you don't complain about the pieces losing value later.
I think it's a fashion created by the Japanese and based on a period of English history when thin was fashionable. That blended with modern views of obesity mean there is definitely a bias towards thinner bodies. I can't say whether I think the fatty hate is warranted or not.
I'm fat and hourglass shaped but working on losing weight. I flatter my body by waiting to buy pieces until I'm a proper size for them.
Every single one I've seen so far lol
Lose weight. If you refuse to do so, you can at least pay attention to the cut of your clothing.
Eat less. Drink more sugarless drinks. Especially green tea. Have some willpower and determination. Stop making excuses.
I think goals help people stay on track.
It's giving me a tangible reason to keep myself on track. I have a goal to reach and a reason to get there.

>> No.10486652

>>10486594

her trying to frame it as ~body positivity~ is what does it for me.

>> No.10486655

>>10486643
>Every single one I've seen so far lol
so you're not a lolita then, you just want to wear the fashion?

>> No.10486661

>>10486655
Not yet. I'd rather wait until I can fit into the pieces I want. I know my opinions on lolita don't matter since I don't own any yet but it's fun to answer questions and give opinions (even if I'm outing myself as a fatty newfag).

>> No.10486662

TL;DR: Been at this 10 years. I don't have the energy to give a fuck anymore.

> current sizing?
I'm happy that there are a lot more options than before. I think that no matter what your size is, you should be able to wear something well-made, in good taste, that is better made to fit you and your proportions. Squeezing and stuffing yourself into a dress that wasn't designed to fit you (in this moment, or in any moment, no matter what do or do not do) is dehumanizing and upsetting. I wish AP would go back to making multiple cuts rather than one. I'm going to be supporting Meta more. They're pretty solid all around these days.

>alterations?
It's your property. Do whatever the hell you need or want to do with it. Make it small. Sew two together. Cremate yourself in the rarest, most expensive dress you can find. Maybe AP will stop re-releasing Holy Lantern and try something else FFS.

>bias?
It's on both sides. Though larger sizes get it worse hands down. For a long time, there were no options for anyone above a Japanese size M, except shirring that does not accommodate as well for vertical adjustment unless the straps were shirred or adjustable (maybe). On the other hand, I've seen bigger people act callously toward people who are small and can't help it any more than someone who is larger. I've seen people who are fucking tiny and swim in unsharred brand posted here because they didn't suit the dress properly.

Cont...

>> No.10486664

>>10486662

>Body shape. Weight loss, Motivation.
Apple. Lost weight to fit it better. Wore partial shirring. Medical / mental health and medication issues insured. Yo-Yo insued. I'm not too big for brand, but too big for 70% of my wardrobe.. Getting my shit sorted internally before I get the external. At this point, I want to get to a point where I can wear my stuff, but it's a weight I can maintain.

I wear boleros and cardigans a lot. I also adjust my jsk straps. I wear binders, but I try to look for JSKs where I can wear a comfortable and supportive bra. I go big on my hair/wig/accessories to balance things out a bit. Or I use techniques to create visual length. This is my personal preference for myself, and I don't care how you wear your shit. You do you.

Lolita can be a nice motivator, but it can be dangerous and toxic. It's nice to fit into something you couldn't before, but don't develop unhealthy or unmaintainable habits to get there. You'll end up worse than where you started.

>Skipped buying:
Yep. I miss things all the time. I have a large wardrobe of things I haven't even worn that do fit. Eh.

>Dress better/comfy?
Don't squeeze yourself into something that doesn't fit. If you alter, try to get it done professionally. Support brands (indie and big) that cater to your needs, when they do so, and when you are able. Dress in a way that makes you happy. If you feel the need to use techniques, do so. If you don't care, that's fine. Enjoy the fucking fashion and make the most of it while you can.

>weight loss tips?
Eat healthy, move more in a way that suits you. Don't do it for weight loss. Do it for your body and mental health. Weight loss may or may not follow, and sometimes it may follow in ways that you don't forsee. (You might still have DDD boobs after losing 75lbs but your band size went down). You may have a condition you don't know about. Consult a doctor if you are able to, don't consult 4chan. Fitting in Puppet Circus isn't the god damn endgame.

>> No.10486665

>>10486661
Hey it's better than pretending to be a lolita and answering questions with fake authority.

It's a misconception I also had when I was new, but lolita is not based on any one period of history and takes inspiration from many sources. Victorian and edwardian influences are strong but also 50s, Dior new look, prairie revival, and punk. It's like a melting pot.

>> No.10486667

>>10486665
Thanks for not trying to rip me a new one. I'm too intimidated by how much there is to know about lolita to pretend I know jack shit.
Ah yeah, it's like any fashion. Especially anything from Harajuku. There's a little of everything in it.

>> No.10486669

>>10486667
No worries, good luck with your weight loss goals. People are mostly annoyed by newfags when they pretend to know things or ask to be spoonfed. And gulls who complain about newfags are often new themselves and trying to fit in.

>>10486662
>It's your property. Do whatever the hell you need or want to do with it. Make it small. Sew two together. Cremate yourself in the rarest, most expensive dress you can find.
I kekked but also you're 100% right.

>> No.10486679

>>10485819
>>everyone "clocks" me as "mtf troon" or a "femboy" or "trap" thinking they got me, overanalyizing everydetail
you say everyone but everyone where? If it's cgl or similar pay it no mind, cgl is absolutely rabidly into accusing anyone and everyone of being a man. I've been labelled a man at least once, bc I have pretty muscular legs and my waist is more straight, and I've never thought of myself as particularly masculine. I've seen otherwise very feminine girls be labelled as manly bc they have sharper cheekbones or a bit of a square jaw. Like bitch what? And it's all based on some sort of pseudoscience bullshit. People who nitpick like that have problems.

I'll give you that wide shoulders are super annoying to dress - custom made blouses are probably your best best. Avoid puffy sleeves, esp short sleeves, and go for princess sleeves, long sleeves, ones gathered on the bottom, butterfly sleeves etc. And balance your silhouette with plenty of poof on the bottom, which hey, will work great cause you said you love cutesy stuff. Contouring can help soften your face, as can specific haircuts or wigs. I have straight bangs and gradual sidelocks framing my face and I think it does a lot to soften my face up and as a plus looks more youthful as well.

You sound pretty frustrated, and also sad. You deserve to feel pretty and you can totally do it.

>> No.10486681

>>10486679
Can confirm that those thoughts are informed by the vocal minority. Can confirm that most of these people have issues they need to work out.

A stable person worth anyone's time doesn't care how you look. They care more that you're a decent human being and aren't there to cause a scene, start drama, scam someone, or rub their fetish all over.

This fashion is full of people who aren't conventionally pretty or attractive. Plenty of the designers aren't either.

At the end of the day, we're mostly fucking nerds and outcasts. Some are trying their hand at role playing Mean Girls online where they can hide their identity and their physical flaws they were bullied for. Or it's men, looking for fap folder fodder.

>> No.10486765

I appreciate the people in this thread who are actually offering constructive criticism and not just screaming fat. I get that we all hate fatties, whatever, but like. If someone is trying to lose weight and struggling, why shame them? They’re actually trying, which is better than a hell of a lot of people. Why can’t we just try to help them and encourage them?

>> No.10486772

>>10486681
some people also nitpick the looks of women whose personalities they dislike. ex: the good coords thread - i bet if she had a sweet personality she would get a lot less shit for her looks. not saying that the OP here is in that situation, just speaking to part of why this behavior is so common on cgl.

>> No.10486775

>>10486681
>This fashion is full of people who aren't conventionally pretty or attractive. Plenty of the designers aren't either.
This. It's so bizarre seeing people call Risa and other models old and busted when designers such as Maki and Asuka were never conventionally attractive, but people praise them all the time.

>> No.10486789

>>10486679
I'm not >>10485819 but with similar issues. I cant speak for them but its always the either An overtly queer personwho makes everything about beingqueer thinkig 'Oh I found another one let me make assumptions' or that person overly Woke Cis friend that wants brownie points in the queer community. It never comm members I've known for a long time but always people who don't even talk to me before asking if 'Ive always presented this way' or some shit.

>> No.10486791

>>10486772
Even having a good personality doesn't make you immune to getting hate on here. cgl finds a way to hate anybody regardless of how nice or well dressed they are. The sooner you realize it's all based on jealousy the better off you will be.

>>10486775
I don't see people doing it so much anymore but back in the day people called Maki and Asuka ugly all the time (especially Asuka). Though I just laugh every time people do that because those two have contributed way more to the lolita community than they ever will. Same with models, as "old and busted" as they may be I guarantee they look better and are doing more for the community than anyone posting on cgl, kek.

>> No.10486915

>>10485169
That's what eating well means anachan, either you're underestimating, or you need help. I hope it's the former

>> No.10487072

>>10484900
What I dont understand is brands could easily just have adjustable straps like meta and choose not to. Im not gonna lie when stuff like that is so easy I dont really give a shit if a company like baby or AP goes under, especially if I would never fit them to begin with

>> No.10487131

>>10487072
there are plenty of Baby and AP dresses with adjustable straps, I personally own at least three.

>> No.10487137

>>10487072

>>10487131 here, look, there are lots!

https://lolibrary.org/search?categories[]=jsk&brands[]=baby-the-stars-shine-bright&features[]=adjustable-straps&page=1

https://lolibrary.org/search?categories[]=jsk&brands[]=angelic-pretty&features[]=adjustable-straps&page=1

>> No.10487139

>>10487072
I think every AP dress except one or two I own has adjustable straps. Baby has a lot as well.

>> No.10487144

>>10487072
You could just lose weight instead of crying about the brand not suiting your whale body kek

>> No.10487192

>>10487072

They have adjustable straps if you buy newer brand, and by 'newer' I actually mean anything after 2013 (that's 7 years ago lol), and where AP buttonholes are inwards, the shoulder straps will have two buttonholes so you don't have to make your own either.

This is gonna seem obvious, but since the years have been mentioned, I'll just also point out that this means the brands actually do care, and have made changes to their dress design so that it will fit more people.

>> No.10487193

>>10486765
Wrong website. If you respect us then respect chan culture, which is old and very important to many of us. Please adapt by lurking more or consider finding a better community suited to your personality.

>> No.10487507

>>10484439

Pretty good, I'm 5'7' and have always been pretty slim and muscular but I feel that I can be slimmer. Brands can offer different sizes, but forcing change is gay.

I often have to alter the top to be bigger for my gigantic breasts so I think altering it is fine. (32DDD btw)

Their is a stigma towards bigger lolitas because Japan is naturally skinny so they make the clothes for the main people buying it.

Hourglass with broad shoulders (B:37 W:26 H:36). My dresses look fine but it's quite difficult to find a proper blouse because of my early 2000's shoulders.

Yes because I have tits as big as a fat person. Planning to get a binder so I can spend mo money on burando.

Ali Express, shirred dresses, or wearing a kawaii curtain.

Do 80's aerobics.

Yes, but I also just stay skinny to prove my fat ass family wrong.

As I've lost lost weight, my family skinny shames me quite a bit. You can't stop close-minded Black families from doing what they do best desu.

>> No.10487519

>>10487144
Shes tall not fat dumbass

>> No.10487537

>>10487507
32 DDD is not "as big as a fat person" or huge, though it is big for lolita specifically; probably not measurement wise but could affect fit. It makes you sound like you're larping a bit thinking that's huge on a thin person unless you have BDD or missed the numerous bra threads and arguments since forever ago that come up every few months

>> No.10487551

>>10487537
whether 32DDD is her correct size or not (likely too large of a band with that waist measurement unless anon has a broad ribcage), 37-26 sounds pretty big.

>> No.10487562

>>10484826
She put on that much. Meaning she gained 45 lbs on top of whatever she already weighs.

>> No.10487563

>>10484951
Make a keto version of the sweets you like

>> No.10487672 [DELETED] 
File: 1.62 MB, 4832x3204, 1xhk70mqzjo51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10487193
>things can't change, ever! we have to be mean and catty even if you're not feeling it! it's the 4chan way!
fuck right off.

>> No.10487699

>>10487672
Return to "adapt by lurking more". If you were a regular user of our boards then you would know the many, many, incredibly many benefits of the caustic and free attitude specific to our boards. I highly advise you to continue visting our website because you will also discover these benefits and you will learn to contribute as well.

>> No.10487728

>>10487699
Pure autism

>> No.10487731

I am trying so hard to lose weight, but keep making the same mistakes, howbeit in an increasingly shrinking amount. Over half of my wardrobe hasn't been touched in a while due to my weight still being bad. But every day we start anew!! ; w ; sage for blogging lol

>> No.10487734

>>10484439
>How do you feel about the current sizing in lolita? Should brands offer pieces in several sizes?
Pretty irritated that I've been sized out of AP sweet entirely. It'd be best if they did offer multiple sizes instead of pretending the baggy look is cute on their models.

Minor is okay. Major is negative.

>Do you think there is a bias towards smaller lolitas or a stigma towards bigger ones?
Yes, but that's an issue with society in general. People can claim it's unconscious, but accepting every opinion society feeds you is a choice.

I'm average height in the west, but extremely petite compared to most women in my country. I would say hourglass, but people argue that has certain minium dimensions.

Yes. AP in general is huge lately, so I've skipped several dresses with no corset lacing (just full back shirring). Friends tell me to buy sack cuts, but they make me look pregnant because of my chest measurements. Same with anything high waist (every modern OP).

Buy dresses that will fit your measurements.

No. I've never thought about my weight without outside influence/questioning and I think it is an unhealthy mindset.

>> No.10487736

>>10487731
>; w ; sage for blogging lol
Stop.

>> No.10487770 [DELETED] 
File: 43 KB, 400x350, 1542469288080.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10487699
sorry about your mental illness. normal people are more flexible when it comes to change but I understand how things being different is hard for someone like you.

>> No.10487817

>>10487728
>>10487770
Please understand the immense chance you have today to post on this board and to act cocky towards anons like me. I hope the day after tommorow when you will find Caturday threads on some of the boards that you will also see in them some of the old memes that will make you happy and joyful. This will cure a bit of your anxiety that is so completely unnecessary when spending time on 4chan and months from now you will understand the board culture is very different then how it seems to you now, and you'll be smiling instead of feeling anger like you do today. Again, you are not here to feel hurt by other people's posts, it is the wrong website for that. Lurking means paying attention to chan culture, friends.

>> No.10488533

I'm 5"4 and weight 124lbs (yeah i'm pretty chubby i know). My body does handle fat pretty well though,as I am pear shaped and it goes to my ass and thighs the most. But my waist is 27 inches which is pretty big and i'm wondering how many pounds i should drop to reach 26 or 25? Also currently working out to at least reach 120 and be somewhat average

>> No.10488535

>>10488533
You should go see a therapist. 124 lbs at your height isn't chubby in the slightest, it's a normal and healthy weight.

>> No.10488536

>>10488533
Nice bait

>> No.10488537

>>10487192
Aps adjustable strap length isnt helpful but meta's is.

>> No.10488538
File: 159 KB, 480x480, If+someone+shows+you+music+you+put+your+finger+in+_cb83b0e4671d6abe953c52f7ad854966.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10488535
Heh i know i have sort of an eating disorder but at least i'm not 85 pounds like i used to be when i was 16 and 5"3. I restrict calories to 1000 or 1200. When i eat 1400 i feel like a pig,and when i eat even more than that i just go for a long run so i don't purge like i used to before. The internet fucked my shit up regarding what a normal body should look like

>> No.10488543

>>10488538
converting fat to muscle makes you more compact, so try exercising while maintaining and see what that does for you

>> No.10488547

>>10488543
I hear only weight lifting really makes a difference but I dont have access to a gym. What kinds of excercise would you recc for building muscle? Bodyweight?

>> No.10488557

>>10488547
nayrt but bodyweight works, you just have to do more reps to get the burn and that can get tedious. You can get ankle weights and resistance bands to work out at home without taking up a lot of space.

>> No.10488571 [DELETED] 

>>10487817
>imagine defending hatred this hard
seek help

>> No.10488580

>>10488571
Learn to integrate newfag and while you're at it get some thicker skin.

>> No.10488588

>>10488571
>being this butthurt about random mean people on the internet
seek help

>> No.10488615

>>10488547
i recommend getting a pair of dumbbells and then learning a basic routine from youtube. i have a 5lb pair and then i got a 10lb pair later. i got mine at Target pre-covid. i hear there was high demand when everyone got cooped up at home, so maybe they are overpriced now. gl.

>> No.10488629

>>10488547
if you are starting from zero bodyweight absolutely helps

>> No.10488658

>>10488615
oops i think they are actually 10lb and 15lb. I'm not home to check. but pick what works for you.

>> No.10488767

>>10488547
If you're interested in bodyweight exercises, Pop Pilates has a bunch of free videos. Unlikely to build huge amounts of muscle in the same way that lifting heavy will, but they will make you stronger and they're fairly beginner friendly. Otherwise you could try looking up something like bodyweight progressions to make sure you are getting a full-body workout (don't just focus on one area to try and 'spot reduce', which is a common mistake people make)

>> No.10488847

>>10488767
Thanks anon. I'm not looking to be super muscular but I have practically no muscle right now, I'm the definition of skinnyfat. So I'm hoping this will tone me up a bit.

>> No.10488870
File: 200 KB, 328x433, 1602147123688.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how do i work on hip dips/side butt? i hate my dips
t. works out and has ass and thick thighs but a weird lack of side butt that breaks up the hourglass figure

>> No.10488875

>>10488870
Nothing. Hip dips are completely normal and you won't change them unless you want to get fat transfer or something.

>> No.10488895

>>10488875
so the solution is rope or do my best to work out my side glutes, good to know

>> No.10488906

>>10488870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCshdfwtLDA

Starts at :30 sec in but its the best/easy exercises Ive found! Worked for me but ymmv

Also do not forget to wear high waisted everything; undies, jeans, leggings, tights, etc. It will help train your body to keep fat in the right places.

>> No.10488911

>>10488906
You're dumb as rocks wow

>> No.10488914

>>10488906
That after pic is painfully shooped. Also you can't "train" your body to keep fat in the right places, that's just not how anything works.

>> No.10489695

Any tips for not looking skeletal?

I’m trying to lose 10-12 more cm off my waist (goal waist measurement is 64 cm), which is about 5-6 kg more weight to lose if I continue with the same average drop in measurements as before.

My waist is where all my fat goes, and I’m concerned about how I’m going to be able to manage that much because I already feel like I’m on the brink of looking too thin everywhere else. Maybe I’m just not used to thinner since I’ve been overweight for so long? Am I seriously going to have to work out to build muscle mass?

>> No.10489711

>>10489695
Workout is always recommended if you want to be thin and not look like a skeleton. Focus on doing core to tighten your waist and legs so they don't look like sticks

>> No.10489712

>>10489695
Yes, you're going to have to build some muscle if you want other areas to look less thin.

>> No.10489732

>>10489695
Building muscle mass will help but it won’t make you look manly or bulky if that’s what your afraid of, unless you really dedicate yourself to it. Doing stomach exercises won’t get rid of your fat but it will help the appearance of your stomach.

>> No.10489768

>>10489695
Damn you have the literal opposite problem to me — all the weight goes from my waist, so I end up with a teeny tiny waist and fucking huge thighs and upper arms.. genetics man ain’t it wild

>> No.10489771

>>10488914
Corsets and body shaping are a thing. There is absolutely a difference when you wear tight low waist pants constantly and then switch to high waist for a year or so.

>> No.10490587

I committed myself to ingesting only seven apples a day one day of the week until I reach my ideal body weight. I have a pretty healthy diet for the rest of the week, taking somewhere from 1000 do 1200 kcal a day. Is this problematic? I’m I going into ana territory and will fuck my body up or is it safe to do it once a week only?

>> No.10490595

>>10489695
Building muscle mass is the shit. I’ve always been relatively slim, but what little fat I did have would sit firmly in a little “pouch” around the belly. Been working out for a couple of months now and while I haven’t lost that much weight (~3kg) my stomach is now flat, which definitely helps with fit. I also have so much more energy, so that’s a bonus

>> No.10490599

>>10490587
1000-12000 a day for a week is safe, but I doubt you'll last, especially eating just apples. You'll probably get to 7pm on day 1 and give up. Just know whatever weight you lose in just a week is 90% water. You'll gain it back. One week diets only work if you recently gained 1 kg and need to quickly get rid of it.

>> No.10490601 [DELETED] 

>>10490595
What workouts do you do? Do you go to the gym or do it at home?

>> No.10490602 [DELETED] 

>>10490587
Fatties always do diets like these because then when it inevitably doesn't work they can screech and cry that "weight loss is a myth!!11" instead of making lasting changes

>> No.10490611

>>10490599
The apples thing is just once a week and I’ve done it twice successfully. I certainly wouldn’t last more than one day in a row on apples only, my only doubt is if eating this badly once a week will have bad consequences or if since it’s only once a week it’s fine and I don’t have a reason to worry. I’ve started to do it because I’m starting to loose less and less weight weekly with my current diet, which I know is only natural, but it’s frustrating to go from loosing 1kg a week to 200g and I want to make the process a little faster.

>>10490602
Not a fattie and what exactly is “diets like this”?

>> No.10490613

>>10490611
Retarded diets like eating only apples, dumbass

>> No.10490614 [DELETED] 

>>10490613
I love you anon

>> No.10490619

>>10490611
if wou want to lose weight why would you eat only carbs once a week? do you even know how dieting works?

>> No.10490620

>>10490611
Not that anon but I think I know what she means so I'll explain.
First of all, why apples? Is it because they are perceived as healthy? They're not bad, but eating 7 of them in a day isn't a great idea. They have a lot of sugar, so what's probably going to happen is you'll spike your blood sugar and then get hungry again quickly. Maybe apples are your favorite healthy food, but most likely you picked them because they SEEM like something thin and healthy people eat.
Second, why 7 of them? With an average of 95 calories per apple, that ends up being 665 calories. Nobody would recommend that amount of calories, and even ana-chans usually pick a round number like 600, so all I can guess is that you just pulled the number 7 out of your ass. Because you normally eat 7 meals a day? Because there are seven dwarves? You liked the movie se7en? Fuck if I know.
It's a fatty diet because it's completely arbitrary and has nothing backing it up, but it SEEMS like it might be healthy (an apple a day is good! so 7 is even MORE good!), plus it's obviously unsustainable and will likely lead to failure. Like anon said, fatties love these diets so they can shut down critics when they inevitably fail their poorly conceived diet plan.

>> No.10490621

>>10490611
It's not going to make it faster, regardless whether you eat 1000kcal food or apples. You can only lose weight in 1 week if you gained it in 1 week. Losing less weight slower when you're not overweight is normal.

>> No.10490622

>>10490613
Can it be considered a diet if it’s only one day a week?

>> No.10490625

>>10490620
Ana chans don't pick 600kcal a day. You won't last more than a few days before binging. You can lose weight with even 1500kcal as long as you're not a midget and didn't kill your metabolism by being lazy.

>> No.10490629 [DELETED] 

I really want to perk up my butt but im worried ill lose all of the squish and end up with a rock hard butt?
I know that sounds dumb but it happened to my sister when she gained muscle in her butt.

>> No.10490631 [DELETED] 

>>10490602
To add on to this. Fatties seem to think that people get thin by doing crash diets to lose weight and then just go back to eating the same amount and stay thin. You're supposed to eat less permanently, how do you think you got fat in the first place?

>> No.10490634

>>10490620
Seven because it’s what leaves me without feeling hungry, there’s no other reason behind it. Apples just because they are cheap, tasty and high on fibers. It’s like a trash eating day, but in reverse. I understand it might seem stupid, it may be, that’s kind of why I’m asking actually. Just wanting to know if there’s a way this would take a toll on my health or if it won’t help me with my goals because whatever scientific explanation I’m not aware of.

If anyone have any tips on accelerating the process of loosing weight without having bad side effects on my health I’m open to it. I already watch my macros and exercise the rest of the days.

>> No.10490636 [DELETED] 

>>10490634
Eat 1200 cals a day, unless you're super tall that's about the lowest you can go without getting into ED territory. The less calories you eat, the faster you will lose.

>> No.10490640

>>10489768
Genetics fucking suck.

>> No.10490661

>>10485301
I've done her BBG guide, at least the first few weeks of it (had to start modifying it when exercises kept demanding more and more equipment). Even not sticking to the recommended schedule 100% (the 3x weekly LISS, for example) I saw results after a couple of months. Loved it, especially since it was such a small time investment every day. I'm consider the Sweat app too since I had a kid recently and I need to ease myself back in more gently.

>> No.10490766

>>10485348
Nayrt but it depends on your age. I’m 5’7” and 150lbs and in my mid-thirties. I only need 1400 to maintain, and I don’t really lose unless I’m below 1200 and closer to 1000. Aging ten years has taken 200 calories off my daily budget and it sucks. That was my wiggle room and now I have to be way strict with cooking oils and food weights or I can’t loose anything, whereas before I could get away with eyeballing sometimes if I was in a rush

>> No.10490773

>>10485547
Same, anon. I feel your pain. When I see fatter pear-shaped girls fit into stuff my apple body can’t I get so salty

>> No.10490813

>>10490636
That’s what I’m eating at the non apple days, but it’s so slow now. I only wish I could go back to losing at least 500g a week in a healthy way as I was last month, but guess I will have to be patient.

>> No.10490954 [DELETED] 

I was obese for a few years back, now its almost 3 years since I've lost weight. I'm 5'4 and 122 lbs but im gaining weight because I keep binging on wine and sweets. I'm stuck at home and can't get a job for the time being due to pandemic related issues. Its making me really depressed and bored so that snacks and sweets are the only thing I look forward to at the end of the day..I'm desperate for some way to stop this before I undo my progress..please help

>> No.10491004

>>10490954
Find something else to release that frustration on, exercises are great for it because of the hormones it releases and it will make you feel less guilt and gain less weight if you slip and binge again. Meditation and crafts are also nice ways to release these angst feelings.