[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 171 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10322264 No.10322264 [Reply] [Original]

Anybody from the New England area attending any conventions this year, big or small? I was curious if anybody on /cgl/ attended any of the small ones like Queen City Kamikaze or ConnetiCon. Anybody planning on Anime Boston this year?

>> No.10322834

Arisia is this weekend in Boston and it's worth a visit. Best SF/Fantasy con in the North East. Best panels of any con I've ever been to.

>> No.10323077

AB is a fairly decent con, the nightlife sucks tho
Conneticon is just AB lite from what I heard

>> No.10323731

Going to PAX, but it's impact and discussion on cgl is never substantial. Expensive, but if you like the indie games and tabletop stuff it's pretty fun. Good luck getting tickets now tho.

>> No.10323988

New England freezeout is real and nobody will ever discuss local stuff with any kind of depth because we fear making social connections

>> No.10324030

I cosplay every year for PAX East. Last year just started attending comic con. This year I'll be going to PAX East again (Death Stranding and a wrestling cosplay) and Ace Comic Con, so far. Queen City is a 20 minute drive from me so I'll give it a shot.

>> No.10324127

>>10323988
Not surprising since the people "in charge" of many of the social meetups are immature mouthbreathers who won't take input and go after anyone else who tries to coordinate a meetup.

>> No.10324371

>>10322264
I'm going to go to Anime Boston. Didn't go last year because I was too busy but looking forward to it this time around.
>>10323077
Is that because Boston night life in general is bad or does the con not really have any after parties? I've been to it twice but went home by the time evening rolls around (I live close but not so close that it's practical to party until late at night).

>> No.10324384

>>10324371
Both. AB used to have a dance but a bunch of irresponsible druggies got the cops pulled on it one year, and ever since then there's been little going on after 10pm. There's some unofficial party fliers that always get passed around but they're either far away or charge to get in.

Boston night life in general isn't great because of Puritan liquor laws and a literal 2am city curfew. If you're under 21 you technically aren't even allowed on the street past 11am.

>> No.10324386

>>10324384
*11pm

>> No.10326519

>>10322264
I'm just going to PAX East this year, and it'll probably be my last year with that con.
Not attending AB this year for the first time in the decade, not because of the con, but because I'd rather spend my money on other things.
Haven't been to CTCon in 3 years, but before that went for 10 years straight. Daigle fucked that con harder than his wife gets fucked by their bull.
Not going to NYCC this year since it's a shit show and honestly not that fun.
I haven't been to AnimeNYC so I have no opinion on it.
I agree with the others that the night life for NE cons is shit. NYCC and PAX both have a couple parties around the area that are usually paid and grossly overpopulated.

Only a small handful of cgl meetups I've been to have been spergy and uncomfortable. CTCon meetups were always fun, but AB ones (excluding the all girls meetup party~) were fucking weird. Pretty sure it was last year and it was like 2 other people that were antisocial and drunk in the Sheraton lobby. NYCC and PAX meetups, over the last couple years, were almost always /soc/ tier people sexually harassing anyone attending with a vagina.

>> No.10326526

>>10326519
>Daigle fucked that con harder than his wife gets fucked by their bull.
What happened? I just recently finally started attending cons, only one I've been to is AB.

>> No.10326566

>>10326526

1/??

There have been a ton of very questionable decisions made by Matt over the last few years. For starters, as the head of the con, every decision is brought by him first and has to be okay with him for it to happen.
Matt has always been very heavily into web comics and table top games, and the con reflects this. The past several years the con has been shrinking the dealers hall and the game room to increase the size of the table top area and the newer OMG (online media guest) area. This would be fine if people we using the gratuitous amount of space to actually play games and not just rest their feet. If you end up obtaining OMG status, you are given X amount of badges, a booth in the OMG hall, or vendor hall if you’re also selling merch, money towards transportation, between 1-2 hotel rooms for the duration of the con, and payment at the end of the con. Now, imagine the money that goes towards that for guests that no one visits or takes advantage of seeing. Imagine the booths of vendors that used to be accepted and well received that are told to “take a hike” because Matt wants his wife's new favorite author and webcomic maker to attend.
With the dealer room shrinking, vendors that have been attending for years have been axed from the convention even after having verbal agreements with hire ups because Matt feels that they are ‘stale and boring’ and because more space is needed for what Matt enjoys. As far as Matt is concerned; Connecticon is HIS con and it should be catered to HIS wants. I genuinely think that’s fine, because the sharp decline in attendance might one day wake him up and have him realize that the things he really wants to focus on would only cut it for a 500-1000 person con.

>> No.10326567

>>10326526
2/??

Money is spent in strange ways at Connecticon. For every ‘popular guest’ there are roughly 4 unpopular guests. When I say unpopular, I don’t mean that ‘I personally find this guest unpopular’, I mean ‘Wow I feel bad for that guy/girl, sitting at a table by them self and everyone is avoiding eye-contact with them since no one knows who they are.’ I get it, some people really want to see the voice of Winnie the Pooh, or the voice of Sponge Bob, or any other ‘I voiced a popular character 15+ years ago, but do you really care about me?’ kind of person. Jim Cummings was paid close to $10,000 for his attendance and I don’t think the amount of people that came JUST to see him, would come close to $2,000 even considering the fact that the price of badges have gone up to disgusting levels.
Speaking of guests, 2 or 3 years ago, Matt signed off on giving online media guest status to a group (Can’t name them or this will be too gossipy and less informative) that employed a pedophile that was notorious for liquoring up underaged girls (At Conencticon no less) and having sex with them (NOTE: This did happen close to 8 years ago, but barely changes the fact). This group was also banned by another convention prior to that years Connecticon for hosting a panel and last minute switching it to a “We are drunk so we are going to drink mountain dew and have a belching contest while contest spewing memes and the word fuck”. Quality 18+ content..
Closing off the stairs has been a very controversial and widely considered a dick move. I genuinely don’t know if it is because of Matt wanting more money, or if it was the convention center to stop the RiverFest people from overly congesting the area, but no one is happy about it. Even if Matt has no hand in this; the quality of the con went down by this happening.

>> No.10326570

>>10326526
3/4
As mentioned earlier, the con falls on the same weekend as Hartford RiverFest and Foodtruck festival. The foodtrucks are a welcomed addition since the only food in the immediate area is either in the convention center, or the subway attached to the science center. The Riverfest has cause nothing but issues for con goers and has made the area more unsafe. I don’t care what you say, seeing fireworks at Connecticon is NOT worth having to share the weekend with the crowd that attends RiverFest. RiverFest makes walking around Hartford much less safe, and ESPECIALLY if you are in cosplay.
The rave which was once held in the hotel, was moved to an offsite area. Once again, not the worst, but seeing how RiverFest is the same weekend, trying to go to a *rave* while buzzed and walking through a heavily populate area in cosplay is just begging to be harassed and potentially assaulted. I never really cared for the rave, but having it off site is just plain dangerous; have it on site or don’t have it at all.
The convention center also likes to close early, which means that if you’re in the mood to enjoy some late night panels: tough shit bro. Can’t fault Matt for that, but it’s another aspect of the con being lackluster and laughed at as a ‘baby con’. There is nothing to do in Hartford, and the only real night life comes in the form of room parties and hanging around the hotel lobby and the immediate outside areas. If you can’t find a room party, enjoy packing into the hotel bar with the other con-goers and the 50 year old dudes that wander in from RiverFest to ogle the girls in costume.

>> No.10326575

>>10326526
4/4
I consider these issues with Connecticon to be an almost 50/50 split between Matt Daigle’s leadership and the convention center. While the issues with the convention center are unavoidable, the issues with Matt are completely preventable if he wasn’t such a selfish guy. Matt has sooner fired staff member than listen to them about ways to improve the con form an attendee's point of view. Personally, I don’t think Connecticon is a con that will be around in another 10 years, due to the interests being pushed being nowhere near as popular as videogames and anime. The con is dying and I don’t even care anymore.
I really did enjoy the /cgl/meet ups and they people I met at them. I liked meme-ing on toe suck and group that I used to go with. I can’t justify a moderatly priced hotel in a dead city and $75 for a weekend badge to a dying con.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk about why I don’t like Connecticon anymore.

Inb4 >make your own con then lol

>> No.10326579

>>10326575
Jeez, that's ridiculous. I was going to attend for the cosplay contest and masquerade though, are those parts any good?

>> No.10326585

>>10326579
I really don't know how much things have changed. I haven't been there in a few years and I haven't cared about main events in close to 7 years. I did the cosplay chess then and it was hosted by Mookie. Mookie, being the creator of Matt's favorite web comic, had been a guest of honor every year and to be fair, he does MC most of the events. Anyways, even if you applied online and got accepted, if Mookie didn't think the quality of your costume was good enough, he kicked you out.

That guy was an ass back then, so if he is hosting either of those, I doubt they would be that fun to participate in.

>> No.10326587
File: 21 KB, 276x276, putin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10326585
Aw man, that really sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

>> No.10326740
File: 472 KB, 800x992, Made.in.Abyss.full.2206947.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I go to ab every year I really want to go to more cons but don't wanna make more of a financial investment than I already do. I always have a great time there, last year's panels sucked though and as an earlier Anon said I've never really seen much of a nighttime scene there. If you see a bondrewd and prushka come say hi were cool people.

>> No.10326803

>>10326575
Daigle has always been and will always be the thing that gets in the way of Connecticon succeeding because he runs his con based solely around what he personally likes. If the general con population likes something else, fuck you.

I remember even back as far as 2006 he was running donation fundraisers after the con because he went way over budget bringing in his favorite guests. He's also given a big public "fuck you" to cosplays, saying many years ago that as long as he's in charge they'll never have any kind of cosplayer guest. True to his word, I know they reached out to at least one cosplayer last year, but refused to cover anything besides a badge in exchange for guest quantities of programming.

>> No.10327243

For everyone in New England area, a creeper alert is going around about this guy named Tait. He's cosplayed Jojo, and is prominent in the Resident Evil community. He preys on women/underage girls by luring them to his shitty parties. He cheats on his long term girlfriend with them and then lies about it. His friends have said he's kept recordings and conversations of random girls and played them when they've hung out. I also heard someone got a restraining order against him earlier this year for SA after an incident at AAC. He's happa I think, so watch out and hide all your friends.

>> No.10327246

>>10327243
Edit but a friend just told me he was hosting the infamous oil wresting hotel room at the Sheraton and he was only wrestling against women because he's short. His girlfriend wasn't present for this con at the time either. So that's another tip-off.

>> No.10327303

>>10327246
>Oil wrestling room
???????

>> No.10327332

>>10327303
NTA I vaguely remember someone posting about that a few years ago in an AB thread. Something about investigating crashing noises.

>> No.10327474
File: 296 KB, 2006x1368, 72181418_692821737883824_4186683332152524800_n[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10327332
pic related.

>> No.10327479
File: 50 KB, 945x472, received_763457454064318.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10327474
>>10327243
you're talking about this Tait, right? he hosts stuff at AB and CTcon. I've been to his room party with a friend and he was super lame. reminds me of 1449 but more lame. not surprised he's an assaulter.

>> No.10327480

>>10327479
That's him, I wasn't sure about posting his full name but it's on AB's website so no issue there. Stay away from him guys.

>> No.10327483

>>10327243
>>10327246
can confirm, former friend of his here. he keeps his shit outta the sun pretty decently but it's finally getting exposed. this dude constantly hits on women whether he's in a "committed" relationship or not, a few of my lady friends don't even want him in the same room as them. total skeez.

>> No.10329230

>>10326579
I agree with everything in this thread said about Daigle, but the Death Match at CTcon is honestly one of the best things going for it. I've never participated in any of the events, but Mookie DOES run that one and he does a great job doing it every year. He doesn't seem like an asshole to me but ive never met him so

>> No.10329403

>>10329230
it's not $75 good tho imo.

>> No.10332580

PAX East badges came in yesterday. I ended up buying 2 of the 4 day passes since I thought they would sell out quickly and WELP they didn't even come close to that.

Literally stuck with a 4 day and the site PAX is working with for buy backs is only taking Friday and Saturday badges.

>> No.10332592

>>10332580
Why would you buy passes beyond what you need?

>> No.10332775

>>10332592
>since I thought they would sell out quickly
Because he thought he could scalp them.

>> No.10335420
File: 341 KB, 680x917, 1571636315075.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw want to do the masquerade this year but im unsure if my cosplay will be finished by then

>> No.10335424

>>10335420
Get off /cgl/ and go sew.

>> No.10335455

Speaking of AB, has anyone heard anything about getting into the AA?

>> No.10336287
File: 69 KB, 547x604, 18552_305629943221_6696319_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10335420
GET TO WORK, YOU CAN DO IT

>> No.10336299

>>10335455
someone on the forum claims to have heard from his friend that they're on wave 3 (which i don't believe at all) but other than that no. kathy is a slow fucking cunt. the 1st year she was in charge i wasn't told until 2 weeks before the con that i had a table the entire time.

>> No.10336688

>>10335455
>>10336299
I've been running a booth in the dealers hall for 7ish years now and it was easy to get in and easy to stay in.

What makes AA such a shit show???

>> No.10336751

>>10336688
nikki stopped running AA a few years ago. it used to be 1st come 1st served but the new women (kathy) did it as a lottery accidentally her 1st year, and now it's just a lottery. she is very very very slow. the sign ups closed end of november and we were supposedly going to hear back within 2-3 weeks after, but now here we are and one person on the forums may have heard something from someone else. people come from all over the country for this and need to book flights and things. they need to make a script in excel that just does it all for her, or something, because this is taking longer than a judged application.

>> No.10340786

Tfw no cute fem bf to cosplay and be gay with at AB

>> No.10342396

Anyone know how late the mall is open during AB? Last time I went I was staying at the Marriott and after I left one of the late night panels the sky bridge was locked connecting both parts of the mall.

>> No.10342672

>>10322264
I've been going to CTCon for I think 12 years (missed one year) and I have to say its gone down hill but still fun. I definitely think the dealers room has been lackluster the last couple years. I pretty much go to hangout with my friends in cosplay and thats been super fun. Last 2 years we've done a huge group cosplay which made it even more fun. So go for friends and not shopping

>> No.10343080

>>10335455

they just announced they're moving the AA. they were probably waiting to see how many tables they'll have.

>> No.10343107

>>10343080
she could have said literally anything.

>> No.10343124

>>10342672

The toe sucker kinda discourages me from going

>> No.10343158

>>10343124
th the what

>> No.10344192

>>10343158
Without doxxing the dude. Toe suck is a skin walker cryptid that would frequent CTCon. He wore a fishnet shirt, rave trip pants, and had very long greasy hair.

Toe suck would recharge his mana by drunkenly seducing girls/women at the rave and coercing them back to his room with the offer of a “pleasurable night.”

Once there, toe suck would shed his skin to reveal his true form and lewdly suck on the toes of his victims, leaving them all dry and manaless husks of their former selves.

Toe suck is an anomaly that has never been spotted outside of CTCon and is said to not even exist outside of said convention.

If you value your purity, sanity, and mana; stay far away from anyone/anything that matches that description.

>> No.10344798

>>10322264
Going to AB this year!

>>10324371
Nayrt but I think the nightlife is pretty fun if you got buds with ya. I was mostly flying solo last year but I got along very well

Game Room's got a lot of neat Japanese arcade cabinets now like Taiko no Tatsujin and Bemani stuff, you got the Friday concert (plus Swap Meet if you want to scrounge around for neat stuff) and Saturday has the fun film premieres (got to catch City Hunter's last year and I had a blast)

>> No.10346565

Buying tickets for AB/CtC this year, and heading to PAX on Saturday.

I've done these 3 probably for the last 8 years, and I've seen some ups and downs. I've shifted from Cosplaying (badly) and taking photos of EVERYTHING, to not Cosplaying and just wanting to go to the panels to listen to fandoms, to now doing Photography as a hobby/Job while doing maybe 1 cosplay just because of my roommate/Fangroup.

CtCon for me will always be a pain, because I hate Hartford and everything about the town it resides in. Going there is mostly a thing for me to do to see friends who live down there. Always disappointed when they keep shrinking the Dealer's Room. Was once put on a "list" because of Cosplay I did [Maybe will do a story if enough interest]. I like the food trucks but not waiting an hour to access it, Honestly go to Bears' if yo get the chance, assuming you're not Vegan/Vegetarian.

AB has always been interesting for me. Was my first Con, and will mostly keep going until I die/Move/it closes. I've been around for the Homestuck Rise/Fall/Resurface. Met Hussie (Who was actually a legit pretty nice dude). Saw how damaged the Masquerade was becoming. I'm just glad its not the same weekend as PAX, cause that was just dumb. And now that I have more friends as Staff in AB, I get to hear al the really terrible stories that arent seen by the regular Con-goers.

>> No.10346576

>>10346565
STORY STORY STORY STORY

>> No.10346615

>>10346576 1/2

Well, one person I guess is enough for the request.

Context: It was CtCon 2017, the heat of the US presidential race had been boiled over and things in the Con scene (to me) seemed unaffected. During this time, the meme "Pepe the Frog" had been hit by the ADL as a hate symbol. Specifically, the site said the images being the most troubling were the racist shit everyone sees, and not the casual frog-posting.

Now, most people I knew socially in person and online didn't care about the fate for the frog other than it being sorta sad that out of anything. THIS was the thing people cared about back in Oct.2016. So I decided to test the waters and do my own take as Pepe the Frog as a Cosplay for AB. No threats - No assaults - No warnings - Didnt get kicked out by staff. Legit the best time in a cosplay I had in a long time.

>> No.10346626

>>10346576 2/2

Figuring that "If AB will let me in and not care," then other places might be as lenient. This especially since (to me) AB is more respectable with these things and other places are a few steps below in intensity. So I decide to remake my sign [Saying "Pepe will Unite us!] and have a whiteboard on the back, so people could draw/write things on it. Obv. I had the real say as to what stayed on, but surprisingly no one really took this as a way to write terrible shit, all was positive. And for the most part, just like AB, nobody called me out - Staffers didnt seem to care - people would come up and say "hi" ad take a picture of the frog.

That was until closer towards the 2nd half of one of the days. A guy had seen me with my sign, and was asking about the sign. I told him its just a regular Pepe sign, with a slogan that just means to bing people together. I actually made sure to anyone who had asked about it, knew the intentions and were super chill and gave me high-fives and the whatnot. This guy asked to see the sign, thing that he wanted to write on the Whiteboard. So as I handed it over and went to fish my markers, the dude bolts away with the sign. Now if you don know, CtCon has 3 Floors for activities and uses escalators to go between the floors - I was on the top floor. As I chase this guy, he goes near the escalators and decides to thrown the sign over the side where people were going up/down. As I catch up to him, he turns around, flips me off and yells "Fuck You!" and bolts to the other escalator across the way.

I went to go check first if anyone was okay, and to see where the sign landed. Thankfully the sign had hit a 1/2 floor space where Con-goers cant get to normally, so no injuries. Everyone around me was confused, and I was trying to explain what happened. I went exactly over to one of the Staff desks, who were near (but didnt see) the area where he grabbed it, and reported everything I could about the guy.

>> No.10346631

>>10346576 3/2 (Cause I'm bad at guessing text length)

After the incident, I went and got the sign from a custodian who was chill to help. And I was talking to the people nearby who saw what happened and all agreed that this kid was definitely someone who was edgy and wanted to "stick it" to someone.

Nothing happened from the rest of my time there, all went good. A friend who staffs there then let me know that he saw the report and heard it on the mics (his words). And told me that the con had taken my info and put me on a list of people to watch out for within the next years, cause of my cosplay. I had gone to 2 conventions with this thing, never given a warning or stopped by any of the staffers, and was put on a list because someone else took my sign (around 10lbs ) and almost cause harm to OTHER people. If the dude had never stolen it, and I never reported it, then I wouldn't have been put on the list.

I asked recently if I still was, and my friend (who still staffs there) says that whatever list was posted, is gone or they took my name off. Being a free man now, i doesn't matter. maybe one day I'll do Pepe again, cause so many people: Men - Woman - Kids - Moms - Shitposters - Memers - and other better Cosplayers loved it. I was doing my best with my sign, to really just unite people though some good laughs. I have other stories about me in the suit, but will stick to this one for now.

This was my Meme-Talk, thanks for coming

>> No.10347629

>>10346615
go to bed Josh
also that list is gone the guys who kept it left the con 2017 or 18

>> No.10349943

>>10326519
ive been to 2 AB clg meetups, all the kinda dorks you expect on 4chan. not enough people plan to do anything, but usually somebody else trys to scramble something together last minute at least.
one year at the swap meet table a ryuko-bro and two others showed up, one of them dressed up as a really good miss mayhem cosplay. was like wow thats a pretty obscure one, and i choked like a dweeb cause i was the only one that recognized it. they were going to some bars after and left kinda quick.
wish i left and partied with those guys, but later stumbled into some nice rando drunk con goers and it made my whole weekend.

>> No.10350281

>>10349943
ryuko-bro here, glad you remember us, our group (at AB at least) stays pretty insular causing each year to feel too similar, but groups also seem more insular in my city than like Otakon or AX.

>> No.10350283

>>10350281
I'm eco in the east coast cgl server btw

>> No.10350535

CTcon was my first con that I loved for years but it hasn't been worth it for a long time. The badge is too expensive, the con feels like it has less and less every year, all the shops outside of the con center will close by noon on Fri/Sat, long time artists are getting treated like shit while charging $375 for a table, $100 more than Anime Boston for at most half of the people. What's been most annoying is the blocking the use of the outdoor stairs to people without a badge. Say you waited to pick up your badge Friday and walked over the bridge to get there. Rather than let you walk down those stairs to where badge pickup is, they tell you to walk around the whole convention center. I went last year on Saturday for a group cosplay my out of state friends wanted to do and it felt like the hours before a con closed on a Sunday from how empty was.

>> No.10351851

>>10350535
Just looked up the CTCon reg rate and... that is definitely not worth it. Isn't the curfew at 9pm too?

>> No.10352068

>>10351851
I'm mostly sure that the convention center closes at 10PM. So yeah, no night life.

Side note, whats up with that obnoxious girl Brianna spamming the AB facebook group as if they were her personal blog. No body gives a shit about a subpar cosplayer with trashy piercings.

>> No.10352276

>>10352068
Gross. At least Boston has "some" nightlife (just gotta look for it, bars and shit)

Yeah the group has its share of annoying people who just post CONSTANTLY on there with dumb banter.

Honestly imo the 18+ group is worse with "skit" groups posting their "XD WHAT IF NARUTO AND GOKU WERE FIGHTING AND SWEARING AND IT WAS LIKE WORLDSTAR CLICK LIKE GUYS XDDD" videos for clout. Not sure if it still happens as often but I know it was happening last year

>> No.10352513

>>10352276
Bleghhh
Some of the shit posts are kinda fun like the “post your waifu and see if she’s allowed inside.” But most of the attention whoring is just pathetic.

>> No.10352716

Any gulls wanna hang out for dinner at anime
Boston? This is my first time going.

>> No.10352878

>>10352513
The club one is fun

>> No.10353220

>>10352716
I do.

>> No.10353231

>>10352716
We should go to Kaze Shabu!

>> No.10353280

yo someone crossdress with me and frot with me at ab

no homo tho

>> No.10353285

>>10352716
I would
>>10353280
Sure, no homo tho

>> No.10353927

>>10352716
I'm down with that.

>> No.10353936

>>10353285
whats your contact anon

or you a qt

>> No.10355365

UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19:
https://www.animeboston.com/news/article/815

>"At this time we have no plans to cancel or postpone Anime Boston 2020, scheduled for April 10-12, 2020."

Con might still be on, lads and lassies

>> No.10355366
File: 182 KB, 442x650, 1575234931251.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10355365
>State of emergency
>No large gatherings allowed in other states afflicted
>~100 cases so far in MA alone
>Another whole month for the disease to get worse

Con is fukt

>> No.10355367

>>10355365
>>10355366
they put this out a few days ago before the state of emergency.

>> No.10355369

>>10355367
>Forum post as of March 10 10pm:

>Hi everyone!

>As I am typing this right now, our earlier statement still stands. We are still working toward putting on the best show we can for April!

>If in the event that the convention is forced to cancel, we will have updated information for everyone. Please be assured that the convention's leadership team is working hard to plan for all possible scenarios.

>> No.10355370

>>10355369
then post that instead of outdated shit.

>> No.10355371

>>10355370
I'm not that anon, though.

>> No.10355378
File: 121 KB, 720x963, _20200311_041307.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

AB is still going on

>> No.10355386

>>10355378
This is extremely irresponsible and i'm hoping it will get cancelled. Schools are closed for the semester, parade is cancelled, and marathon being postponed.

>> No.10355390

>>10355370
I forgot it was from three days ago anon geez

>> No.10355393
File: 1.99 MB, 400x400, 1490052450048.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10355367
Well fuck.

>> No.10355414

I hope anime boston is postponed.

I would be sad if its completely cancelled

>> No.10355661

>>10355414
That's what I think they'll do at worst case scenario

>> No.10355715
File: 101 KB, 720x851, _20200311_180530.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10355414
Just came up

>> No.10355717

>>10355715
i got some bad news for her... we're like moments away from a public gatherings ban.

>> No.10355723

>>10355717

they are probably waiting to get told by the state/city they can't do it, for insurance purposes. getting your venue taken by the gov and willingly cancelling your own event are v different beasts in terms of getting $$ from insurance.

>> No.10355738

>>10355723
as if the pru won't just find some way to fuck that over.

>> No.10355782
File: 12 KB, 188x196, 1572834119460.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10355715
Just requested a refund for my ticket. Super bummed but at least I have an extra 70 bucks now.

>> No.10355786

>>10355717
>>10355723
It's most certainly not a permanent hold on gathering like these but I am convinced that there could be a possibility of it being postponed to later but. Pax east this year was very safe and I hoping by next month or even later this month things improve but of course extra precaution is always quite necessary.

>> No.10355787

>>10355786
1000 people were just quarantined as well tho.

>> No.10355795

>>10355787
That was fast anon, not all at the same time obviously but since we now know more about it, treatment should be considerably quicker. It sounds scary but we shouldn't panic either. As warmer weather begins to heat up the virus will likely slow down considerably as studies show it is indeed weak to heat.

>> No.10355866

>>10355787
That was because of the biogen conference, they have extentions and partnerships with the labs and universities around. They just announced two cases in my city today because they attended it.

>> No.10356309

AB Cancellation imminent.

>> No.10356337

>>10356309
Given that the Marathon is postponed until fall, yeah probably.

>> No.10356338

>>10356309
They wont cancel it until the state shuts it down. They probably want the insurance money.

>> No.10356363

>>10356338
Or postpone it which is much more likely

>> No.10356392

>>10356309
>>10356363

with all the universities shutting down and sending kids home through the end of the year it would probably be better for the con at this point if they get cancelled. attendance will be down without the colleges open.

>> No.10356550

>>10356338
>>10356363

Mostly because surrounding states have set limits on the amounts of people allowed to gather.

>> No.10356551

>>10356392
a lot of us locals are cancelling too.

>> No.10356553

>>10356392
What I meant by postponed is exactly what I said, move to a different month

>> No.10356578

I just. Need to know if the fucking thing's cancelled

It's making me go crazy

>> No.10356583

>>10356578
There is a possibility of it getting postponed but so far they haven't said anything yet. Once a new date is proposed if it does I hope we'll all ah e a good time, hey we'll probably even get the same guests

>> No.10356584

>>10356578
It's honestly safer to just not go.
Massachusetts has already declared a state of emergency.

Even if it gets lifted and AB still happens, anime conventions aren't exactly the most hygienic places.

>> No.10356608

>>10356583
True. Fingers crossed it's going to be postponed instead.

>>10356584
I know... It's just that this really is the only "big" thing I ever do all year. I'm very dedicated to AB, it has great sentimental value to me.

I'm aware of the state of emergency, I saw it on the TV a few days ago as I was doing chores. That's why I've been getting tense alongside all these rampant cancellations everywhere

And no shit on the unsanitary thing, it's why I constantly sanitize/use wipes on my hands after touching stuff like the escalator railings, merch I inspect and door handles. I don't use the restrooms in the Hynes either. Smells like a goddamn barnyard in there :X

You are right though. Risking your health over something like this is incredibly silly.

This whole situation feels like a weird nightmare. You'd never think shit like this outbreak would get pandemic level these days cause of modern medicine, but I guessed wrong.

>> No.10356612

>>10356608
Well there was swine flu but if the internet age was like today they might have done the same thing, social media really is such a game changer In news and media broadcasting

>> No.10356642

>>10356612
You say that, but someone at Katsucon caught Swine flu there and died

>> No.10356709

>>10356583
>>10356553
If they have to postpone AB, they should move it to July.

>> No.10356739

>>10356612
Oof tell me about it

Brings me back to when Kobe passed away last month or so and it was just manic speculation on Twitter about if he was in the chopper or not before the news said anything

>> No.10356913

Governor of Boston pulled a CT and banned meeting of more than 250 people.

AB is going to put out a statement in a couple hours.

>> No.10356929

>>10356913
As expected, postpone it until things are under control, I'll be looking forward to this event once we get back on track. Later!

>> No.10356930

>>10356913
And I just sent a message requesting them to transfer my registration to next year. Welp.

>> No.10356935

>>10356930
Anon, they're not banning them permanently, it's temporary, plain and simple

>> No.10356936
File: 288 KB, 750x1334, 199.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10356913
>AB still trying to weasel their way out of cancelling

get fucked

>> No.10356937

>>10356936
That was quicker than I thought with that response, this kind of surprises me since I expected them to postpone it afterwards. Like I said I won't be mad if they do delay it until the summer as long as the guests still show up I'm ok

>> No.10356938

>>10356937
I do hope they move it to July especially 4th of July weekend. That would be awesome.

>> No.10356940
File: 7 KB, 225x225, 1579981002873.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10356938
>thinking this will be over by July
honey you've got a big storm comin

>> No.10356942

>>10356940
For now we're just going to wait and see what happens. Boston needs to get contained and quarantined fast.

>> No.10356943

>>10356938
That weekend would be pretty sweet, but Boston's pretty busy since the Pops have their annual 4th of July show on the Esplanade and then the fireworks after that. Not to mention any other festivities that may be happening that day. Personally, I'd go with Labor Day weekend, but that's also when the college kids start moving back in.

>> No.10356973

>>10356936
>All these whiny brats on social media screaming about how it's been one whole hour and all of the logistics of canceling or moving a multi million dollar convention haven't been worked out already.

You realize that conventions' hands are tied by the state/city, right? If everything isn't done correctly, insurance doesn't kick in, and that convention loses so much money it's gone forever. Be patient.

>> No.10357392

they just emailed all the vendors - con's officially cancelled, boys

>> No.10357409
File: 170 KB, 473x464, 1584209430445.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Rip friends

>> No.10357418

I don’t normally even come to this board but

F

>> No.10357420

>>10356938
Have you been to Boston for the fourth of july? The fireworks show is crowded enough as it is.

>> No.10357535

>>10357409
i just cancelled my room through the site, even tho they removed the link on the page. i should still be good, or do i need to contact the hotel directly?

>> No.10357604

Well hopefully they'll make a new date like emerald city comic con did after they announced they're "cancellation" but of course this doesn't even surprise me in the slightest, just wait to see what happens later but Safty is priority, wonder if the trigger team will show up either later or possibly next year

>> No.10357610

>>10357604
Never mind just checked although they are considering gathering the same guests from this year to show up in next years convention so that's some excellent information. I do promise you all next year will be better, until the take care

>> No.10358634

I'm gonna be lonely ;_,

>> No.10360882

It feels strange as shit with no AB around the corner

>> No.10361082

So what are you guys gonna do for Easter instead anyway?

It’s been years since I’ve made time for it, but I think I’m gonna dye some eggs.

>> No.10361090

>>10361082
Actual easter I guess

>> No.10361140

>>10322264
this thread made me sad, wish they were still occurring

>> No.10361330

>>10361082
Would be visiting family and having brunch, but guess not with this stupid virus.

I'm probably gonna stuff my face in candy and cupcakes/cake (whatever I make my mind up on) :T

>> No.10361430

>>10361330
If my local restaurant ban gets lifted on schedule, I might actually serve a brunch. That is, if any customers show up. The family restaurant I work for is really gonna need the money after being closed for weeks.

>> No.10363343

>>10361430
Oof. I hope the best for ya then, anon.

This virus is really fucking up the local economy

>> No.10367350

>>10327483
Guy like that ran an larp I used to go to. Chased everyone off and now its a few fat dudes jerking off over foam swords and whatever underage bait they can get one of their normie friends to drag along.

>> No.10367817
File: 38 KB, 552x554, 1461384761541.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To think AB 2020 was gonna happen a week from now

>>10367350
Yeck that sounds like shit

>> No.10368247

>>10326585
>
I'll take things that didn't happen for 100 Alex