[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 77 KB, 500x966, 553fcc87-b532-49b5-b5a5-60304ddafafa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10118953 No.10118953 [Reply] [Original]

Shamelessly stolen from an older thread. Ask and answer questions.
Here are a few to start out:
>Be perma-ita or never wear Lolita again
>Never be able to buy more brand or lose all your current brand
>Snort loudly in front of Misako or your wig falls off in front of Mana
>Baby closes their doors or Angelic Pretty closes their doors
>Be negatively posted to BTB or posted to the ita thread

>> No.10118957

>ita thread
at least if i'm posted to the ita thread, out of the many people who laugh and nothing else, there will be some who point out why it doesn't work

>> No.10118964
File: 66 KB, 500x756, 18832953-ED6B-414A-9D8F-FC179C850C3E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10118953
>baby or ap
I’m sorry Baby, I love you but AP owns my soul and my wallet

>> No.10118970

is death an option

>> No.10118976

>>10118953
>>Be perma-ita or never wear Lolita again
Be ita forever
>>Never be able to buy more brand or lose all your current brand
Never buy again
>>Snort loudly in front of Misako or your wig falls off in front of Mana
Snort. I don't wear wigs but coord falling apart in any way should make you feel like a failure.
>>Baby closes their doors or Angelic Pretty closes their doors
AP. I'm not into sweet and Baby offers more variety in cuts, fabric and colours.
>>Be negatively posted to BTB or posted to the ita thread
I never look at either of those places so I don't know

>> No.10118981

I fucking love this game

Never wear lolita! There are other styles

Lose all my brand. It would stop me having to sell like 3/4ths of it.

Snort. I think she'd laugh.

Bye bye Baby

Who even cares about BTB any more?

>Moitie or Atelier Pierrot closes down
>Millefleurs or Mary Magdalene stages a dramatic overseas expansion
>Rip your petti or have boob loaf
>Fart loudly during a quiet moment at a meet or someone else drops food on your dress

>> No.10118985

>>10118953
Perma-ita.
Never be able to buy more brand. I own too many hard to find pieces to start over
Snort in front of Misako. Pretty sure it would just be laughed off
AP, Baby at least comes out with serviceable solids sometimes. AP has become a dumpster fire
BTB is pretty much dead but I'd rather be called a bitch there than tacky here

>> No.10118986

>>10118957
>kek this is such a mess!
How does one gain advice from such comments?

>> No.10118987

>Never wear a petti or never wear a headdress

>Best friend is a perma-ita that looks awful next to you or best friend is the most known and admired lolita but you always get shoved to the side when she is swarmed by admirers.

>Get a permanent stain on your dress or be responsible for permanently staining someone else's dress.

>Only own dream dress in wrong color or only own dream dress in wrong cut

>> No.10118997

>>10118987

Never wear a headdress again.

>Best friend is a perma-ita that looks awful next to you or best friend is the most known and admired lolita but you always get shoved to the side when she is swarmed by admirers.
I'd rather have the famous, admired lolita as a best friend.

>Get a permanent stain on your dress or be responsible for permanently staining someone else's dress.
Stain my dress. I'd die of shame if I stained someone else's dress.

Wrong color every time.

>> No.10119001

perma-ita because at least i'll be blissfully happy
I have some irreplaceable things but i would rather lose my current brand than never be able to buy again. my tastes change frequently
Snort in front of misako. I already snort when i laugh lol
Probably AP bc i still like baby's classical series
I already get posted to the ita thread, who hasn't been there

>>10118987
I like old school, you don't usually need to or are able to wear a petti. So yeah, no petti
I also already am friends with some efamous lolitas! I love them and am happy i don't get that attention
Would rather stain someone else's dress, i would cry if i stained mine and it would be easier to replace their thing than mine probably
Would rather own it in the wrong cut

>> No.10119036

Perma-ita
Lose all my current brand
Misako seems so nice, it wouldn't be too bad. However, just the thought of embarrassing myself in front of Mana-sama...
Angelic Pretty closes their doors
Being posted to BTB would hurt more, since most of the time it seems like personal vendetta, meaning somebody I know hates me.

>>10118981
Moitie closing down would break my heart.
Mary Magdalene
A petti can be fixed. Boob loaf means I own a dress that doesn't fit.
>Fart loudly during a quiet moment at a meet or someone else drops food on your dress
There's hardly anything more humiliating than farting in public, I'd rather have a possibly destroyed dress. Plus somebody else dropping the food means it isn't my fault.

>>10118987
Headdresses aren't that important to me.
Nothing worse than being the ugly "friend" who gets treated like 2nd class. I'd like to say that I wouldn't be ashamed if I had an ita-friend.
Get a permanent stain on my own dress. I've always been really scared about accidentally destroying other people's stuff.
Wrong color, I'm very picky when it comes to cuts.

>> No.10119053

>>10118987
Bye petti. Hello aristo.

Ita friend who adores me plz. I already have one beautiful friend and the swarm sucks for both of us.

Permastain my dress. No way I'm going to ruin someone else's.

Wrong colour. I already do...

>> No.10119054

Perma ita. At least I can keep rolling in Marble and Visible
I don't want to have to spend all that money again but the pieces I own are pretty watever except one, so, lose it.
Snort in front of Misako, it would be funny.
I'd be sad for Angelic Pretty but I'd be way sadder for baby. Bye AP.
Either of them, I don't really care.

Moitie is basically dead already but I'd be sadder to see them go than Pierrot.
They're kind of the same but I'd pick Mary Magdalene just for status.
Rip petti.
Fart. I'd throw down with anyone who drops food on my clothes.

No petti.
Ita friend. Once again, we can roll around in Marble and Visible.
I'd be so ashamed of having stained someone's dress permanently but I'd rather it be them than me.

Wrong color. Been there, started loving that dress anyway.

>> No.10119717

Never wear Lolita again. I love Lolita but I respect it enough to either wear it well or not at all.

Never buy brand again- I love so much of my current wardrobe.

Snort in front of Misako. Would be a lot easier to play off as a "most embarrassing behavior" and have a good laugh about it.

Angelic Pretty closes their doors. I love BTSSB too much.

Who even checks BTB these days?

>>10118981
Pierrot. Moitie is on life support, sure, but they're too iconic.

Mary Magdelene for sure!

Rip petti. I've worked really hard to avoid boobloaf and never want to have to deal with it again.

Farts can be laughed off, food can't.

>>10118987
Going to go with no petti and wear old school that needs less poof.

Friends with efamous lolita. I'd be really proud of her and her accomplishments and brag about her like a mom friend, lol. I don't want to asspat an Ita friend.

Stain on my own dress. I'd never not feel bad about staining someone else's clothes.

Wrong color. I'm busty so I have to be careful with cuts.

>> No.10119731

>Have a famous lolita you don't like declare her love for you or get blown off by your lolita Instagram crush when you finally meet her?
>Be appreciated at a tiny comm meet or or be a nobody at a big international meet?
>Be given a dress that's ugly or a dress that doesn't fit?
>You find out that you're the comm ita everyone makes fun of or someone finds out that you vendetta posted them in the ita thread and tells your comm
>A sissy makes a weird caption image with one of your pics and you find out when an outraged friend posts it publicly to your Facebook or or a ddlg blog reposts your coords with daddy tags and some girls in your comm think you posted it yourself?
>Break a headdress or get a hole in a sock?

>> No.10119745

>>10119717
>I love Lolita but I respect it enough to either wear it well or not at all.
This is hilarious after reading the discussion in the unpopular opinions thread. It really isn't a street fashion anymore.

>> No.10119772

>>10119745
I haven't read the discussion on the unpopular opinions thread but for clarification I meant "wear it well" as in "don't look like a mess in lace" and not as in "everything has to be super perfect all the time" and I'm like this with most things I do. Idk what the discussion was about but like I wear simple coords in my daily life fairly often so Im not like a conlita or anything.

>> No.10119774 [DELETED] 

>>10119772
It was about scaring new girls away by giving off the feeling that if you don't wear lolita well you shouldn't wear it at all. Basically one anon thought that gatekeeping and the elitist reputation of lolitas is killing brands because it scares people away from lolita.

>> No.10119777

>>10119772
It was about scaring new girls away by giving off the feeling that if you don't wear lolita well you shouldn't wear it at all. Basically one anon thought that gatekeeping and the elitist reputation of lolitas is killing brands because it makes people less likely to want to try wearing lolita.

>> No.10119781

>>10119777
Oh. Yeah I can kinda see where my comment could be reminiscent of that, lol, but I I didn't mean it to be anything like that haha. It's just the standard I personally hold myself to so that's why I said it here. I don't care what other people do with their clothes.

>> No.10119785

>>10119731
>Have a famous lolita you don't like declare her love for you or get blown off by your lolita Instagram crush when you finally meet her?
The second one happened to me but with a long time inspiration rather than a crush and it was the worst feeling. I'd rather have Cathy Cat declare her love so I could turn her down with "Unfortunately, I can't date someone who would stand with Mushroom Man."
>tfw did meet a lolita crush at the same event though and she was just as sweet in person

>Be appreciated at a tiny comm meet or or be a nobody at a big international meet?
I'm a nobody everywhere, but I'd rather be appreciated

Either way I'm selling it. I guess one that doesn't fit because it's less awkward if I sell it

>You find out that you're the comm ita everyone makes fun of or someone finds out that you vendetta posted them in the ita thread and tells your comm
I guess I'd rather be the comm ita than the comm bitch.

>A sissy makes a weird caption image with one of your pics and you find out when an outraged friend posts it publicly to your Facebook or or a ddlg blog reposts your coords with daddy tags and some girls in your comm think you posted it yourself?
Outraged friend posts sissy pic, at least everyone knows it wasn't me and my comm would be indignant about it with me. Plus it means that friend cares.

Break a headdress, I have a hot glue gun at home and brand socks are really expensive

>> No.10120248

>>10119731
Getting blown off by the crush would probably attract less attention, so I would rather that.

Being appreciated at a tiny meet is better. Going to be a nobody at a bigger meet no matter what.

A dress that doesn't fit. At least I can appreciate it.

I secretly wonder if I am the comm ita anyway.

Both are awful. I'd rather delete all my social media instead.

I think either of these would be fixable. It would take longer to repair a headdress, so I would prefer the hole in the sock.

>> No.10120266
File: 131 KB, 529x799, 1359044469369.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is really hard. If it's ita by current cgl standards then I'm fine as a perma-ita. If its ita by lolitafucksmkii standards then i'll never wear lolita again. I can still wear my brand in other jfashion ways.

Never buy more brand. I'm really happy with my current wardrobe, I think I'd struggle to replace some pieces. I can survive off indie taobao.

Wig fall off infront of Mana. I've had wig mishaps in the past and I have zero shame of it.

Current AP does nothing for me even though its my favorite brand. I'd be sadder to see Baby go.

They both mean nothing to me. I guess I'd rather be posted to the ita thread because atleast then I would see the post and laugh at the responses. I never check BTB.

>> No.10120419

Never be lolita again. What's the point if you can't actually represent the fashion well? Do you really enjoy yourself when you are a self-aware ita?
Never be able to buy more. Too many precious pieces in my wardrobe.
I feel like Mana would understand costume malfunctions. Snorting is rude and intrusive.
AP. Baby had some promising releases this and last year, AP fell flat. Maybe it's time.
BTB is vicious. I'd not like to be posted there. I'd hate to be ita but anons are so shit these days with vendetta posting and "eww, this isn't a standard three color coord that fits a defined and prior approved style, it's ita" that being posted in it wouldn't bother me.

>> No.10120433

>>10120419
>costume
Get out

>> No.10120451

>>10120433
tfw anons don't understand the difference between costume in terms of an ensemble and costume in terms of portraying a character or era

>> No.10120494

Never wear it again.
Never buy more. I have enough. (said no lolita ever)
Wig malfunction. I'm not huge on Mana either.
Baby. Don't get me wrong, I like them. But AP has always been my favorite.
Seen both. Probably an ita thread. It gets forgotten quicker. People don't often look through the archives.

>> No.10120502

>>10120451
In that anon's defense, I think the more common term is "wardrobe malfunction", I've never seen "costume malfunction" used in this context.

>> No.10120606

>>10119731
First one, even though I'd loathe the aftermath. But I'm not really the type to form these kind of crushes.

I'd be fine with both, but I'd always choose a tiny but close comm over a big meet/event. It's like a cirle of friends if it's tiny enough, which is my ideal.

I go with one that doesn't fit, at least I can alter it.

Oof, they are both horrible. With the vendetta posting there's a risk you'll always be the bitch and the first suspect whenever someone gets posted but at least you can explain yourself and apologize sincerely. When you find out everyone makes fun of you, there's no reason to stay in the comm and having your trust broken like this is painful.

Double oof. I'd go with the second one, just because sissies disgust me more and once one of them uses your picture, all of them do. The tumblr repost would be quite easy to proof wrong.

Break a headdress, it's easier to fix and the repair is not as visible as on socks.