[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 33 KB, 375x375, sea snipper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10114448 No.10114448[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>a/s/l
>Which plattforms do you use?
>Do use them just for fun or are you trying to gain followers?
>Do you have a "marketing strategy"?
>Have you considered paid promotion and if so, was it worth it?
>When did you start and where are you now?
>What is your favorite social media for cosplay stuff

Maybe this thread will give others inspiration and ideas, how to improve their presence on social media and gain more real followers and attention. I really would to know how others have success on social media.

I hope this is not too off-topic for /cgl/, but i thought i'd just ask somewhere, before giving up on the whole "become a well known and respected member of the community" thing.

>> No.10114461

I just hope a new platform comes up soon and I can be one of the first few to hop on and take all the celebrity screen name accounts I can do they’ll have to pay me for them once tgevsite blows up with popularity. Imagine all the brand I could buy....

>> No.10114839

Does anyone know whatever became of Lacebook?

>> No.10114866

Do people still use facebook pages or nah?

>> No.10117255

Bumping for interest.

>> No.10117462

Unpopular opinion: I think it's mainly sex sells.

>> No.10117605

>Which platforms do you use?
IG, FB. Mainly IG.
For fun mainly. I’ve had some brand deals but I’m not looking to be an influencer.
Posting at least 2x a week, preferably 3x.
I’ve tested out paid promotion on a low scale for FB ($5 per post here and there) and a large scale for brand deals on IG ($2-3k per post). I’d say it’s worth it to put in five bucks every once in a while if you want people see a particular post on Facebook, my reach and interaction was usually 2-3x as much.
On IG it got me interaction on the post, but I can’t say whether it’s “worth it” for gaining followers since the ad was geared towards clicks and led to the company website. Personally I’ve never boosted any of my own posts on IG outside of brand deals.
I started posting on my IG account around 2016 and I have ~300k. On FB I’m pretty sure I had my page since 2014 but I’ve never really kept it updated, a bit less than 40k.
IG for sure. Facebook reach is super nerfed but as long as I tag right on IG I can get 10-15% interaction.

>> No.10117613

>>10117462
Only true in any hobby where men are the biggest spenders.

>> No.10117791

instagram

for fun. I'd honestly actually prefer that people did not follow me since I post personal things as well, but i don't want to go private since i still want to show up in hashtags

n/a

not interested

started in aug 2018. about 300 followers now. I get pretty high engagement from the people who follow me, probably around 20% plus more from tagging

replacing cosplay with lolita but i don't have a preference. i see more of people's updates on facebook but i like the "polish" of instagram posts best. i get frustrated though when people rely too much on instagram stories to provide content because i can't go back and look at it later, save it for inspo, or comment on it

>> No.10119894
File: 726 KB, 1536x2048, 25311047_10204319498425277_4443943527300810127_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10114448
>25/M/MA
>FB and Tumblr
>Fun, followers are nice to have, though
>I don't know what that is
>Nope
>2010 I think. There has not been much improvement.
>My facebook cosplay page

>> No.10120134

>>10114448
>a/s/l
22, big ol' nonbinary snowflake I guess
Technically everything, functionally just insta
Both? I enjoy getting money and free stuff from a hobby I really love, and being able to get more of that is pretty follower-dependent
I think about and research marketing strategies a lot, but I also weigh what would objectively "work" versus the kind of content I actually wanna produce and put out there, so there's a lot of techniques I ignore out of personal preference. I do put a good amount of thought into how I present things, though.
Done a few $10 ads when I've gotten credits or wanted to experiment, no extreme returns but I feel not a total waste of money either. I think anything you can accomplish with ads you can accomplish organically if you frame it right, though.
Have been cosplaying for quite a bit longer, but I started my account almost exactly two years ago and am at around 15k follows now. Not CRAZY growth or anything, but still a number I'm really proud of considering I don't do huge builds or sexy content and cosplay a lot of pretty niche stuff!
I like insta and think it's the best mainstream option out there as of now, but I wish there were the equivalent of a reblog/retweet kind of functionality.

>> No.10120151

I primarily use Instagram. A friend messaged me asking if I wanted to join a promo group, basically each day of the month we do a shout out post for the day for different cosplayers. I'm almost at 600 followers right now so I'll see how it goes. I'm not too concerned with followers, but the people in the group are accounts I wouldn't have reached with the sfs I usually participate in so that's pretty cool.