[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 105 KB, 400x512, 5E6EB772-1B6C-4E73-A3E5-7D31B4B4DA09.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10088424 No.10088424 [Reply] [Original]

> buy that fucking pouch, it’s not going to be here in a good chunk of time

>> No.10088425

that pouch? what?

>> No.10088427

>join ur comm sooner, they're super chill and just as awkward as you. Trust me you need the social interaction.

>> No.10088428

>Get the Marionette in My Closet Room skirt, not three Infanta dresses

>> No.10088430
File: 18 KB, 236x393, 1487321887479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy more solids you idiot, you'll grow bored of prints and brands will stop making them

>buy honey cake when its unpopular and nobody wants it

>never get a hime cut or let your hairdresser give you normie bangs

>don't sell milky fawn, it was cute on you and youll miss it

>milky planet looks bad on you and it loses its popularity after 2013, dont get it for clout

>> No.10088431

>>10088427
also
>don't fall into the louder=better fallacy. the smug girls in the comm aren't actually as popular as they tell you they are

>> No.10088435

>stay the fuck away from OTT sweet
>pink, sax blue, and lavender are not your colors
>dark green, wine red, and navy blue looks great on you
>it’s okay to be a lonelita; you don’t need to belong to a comm to feel validated, it’s literally just clothes idiot
>don’t give up! you worked so hard for your wardrobe, feeling sad is only temporary, you’ll get through this
>you’re going to meet someone who will love you and the fact that you wear lolita, just be patient

>> No.10088439

>>10088424
you aren't actually into lolita, you love the fashion and cute things. do not waste your money on these dresses and spend time cosplaying instead. avoid the local lolitas, avoid 4chan.

>> No.10088448

Stop being such a weenie about your size, Moitie isn't that small. Just because larger girls in your comm can't fit it and complain about the size doesn't mean it won't fit you. When you're 25 and weigh 15 pounds more you will still fit unshirred Moitie well, so buy it up while it's still unpopular and good quality.

>> No.10088476

>Please please PLEASE get things you actually like and not just things that are available for cheap
>Don't try to make lolita clothes yourself, it won't work. With the cost of the fabrics you could just buy a brand dress used

>> No.10088480

>>10088476
>>>Don't try to make lolita clothes yourself, it won't work. With the cost of the fabrics you could just buy a brand dress used

That. Also would like to add:
>the time you spend trying to thrift “loliable” shit would be better spent working a part time job to buy actual brand.

>> No.10088483

>Moitie bust sizes aren't actually 82cm you dipshit. You're most definitely skinny enough to fit them anyway and probably always will be. Their stuff will last you years. Just bite the bullet and do it because eventually they will start going to shit. Buy all the cute dresses new while you still can.
>Don't buy every skirt release that comes out just because it's cheaper. Especially with btssb it's worth it to just wait for end of season sales and get the jsk. You'll only end up regularly wearing like 3 of them in the long run while you pine after more dresses.
>Don't buy a bunch of pieces just because they're cheap/on sale. Make a list of the stuff you really want and put money aside for when they become available, the exchange rate improves, or you have events that you can plan to wear the fancier stuff to. Buying random OTT pieces that you don't have anywhere to wear, that you don't really even like that much is not a good way to start building a wardrobe you're proud of.

>> No.10088496

Do NOT sell Classic Fairy Tales and Crystal Dream Carnival, you idiot.

>> No.10088564

>don't buy loud accessories that are cute if you don't have a coord to match. it's a waste of money and those pieces will never get worn.
>don't fixate on whether or not you're classic or sweet. you can do both and fall somewhere in between, it's really not a big deal.
>realize that you're not the only lonelita
>going out in lolita in public is a lot less stressful than you make it out to be

>> No.10088569

>Don't coord like that, you're ita AF

>> No.10088587

>oh no honey what is you doing with those open toe shoes
>baby girl no don't buy a random dress off wish, it's 30 bucks but not worth it
>check lolibrary before you buy a dress, that sugar fairy cake was destroyed and even if you loved it you can't wear a broken dress

>> No.10088593

>>10088435
>you’re going to meet someone who will love you and the fact that you wear lolita, just be patient
I needed this for myself actually. Thank you

>> No.10088596

>don't grow your bangs out
>don't go nuts on y!a
>keep all your old coord pics, you will miss them when you are old and nostalgic
>don't post on d_l without a blouse or with a minihat

>> No.10088621

>>10088424
>sweet is cute and all but those overly sugary prints really don't suit you. stick to your gut and just hoard oldschool ok trust me on this one
>stop buying shitty wigs and just get a fringe
>don't focus so much on comm shit, you're doing fine on your own
>keep your stuff away from your roommate's cat, especially your shoes
>don't buy into the meme put those skewers and hot glue away
>don't quit your shitty job yet, you could afford three wardrobes full of brand by now if you stayed

>> No.10088622

>black is not a good starting color for sweet.
> black is not a good starting color for anything but gothic.

>> No.10088623

>don’t agree to take your fat friend’s wardrobe off her hands. it’s all shit quality and won’t fit you.
>don’t buy so much black. navy and wine are your colors
the 2nd one still applies lol

>> No.10088634

>you are not too fat for ouji and you can pull it off just fine.
>stop modifying things to make them “loliable”. They are not.
>have more humility, less envy and self-pity. You’ll get where you want to be; no need to act like a shit in the mean time.
>most of all, take more pictures. Things will eventually change and you’ll want to keep these memories.

>> No.10088636

>Please lose weight already if you want to wear lolita and stop blaming the clothes companies for not making dresses that fit your fat ass.

>> No.10088640

>It does take some work, but it's an achievable look. Don't be intimidated.
>you want Aristo, not lolita. Just buy the long stuff
>buy the brooch, idiot. You'll never see it again!.

>> No.10088653
File: 968 KB, 500x209, 1477519222430.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> F+F isn't good, don't waste your money.
> You might be busty but you're not a fatty chan, shit's still going to fit you, stop buying so many skirts and Taobao for fear of your boobs.
> Never forget that Mr. Yan did 9/11
> Buy more shoes and blouses gdi
> You hate wearing wigs, don't buy so many.
> STOP TAKING YOUR MEASUREMENTS WHEN YOU'RE BLOATED

>> No.10088866
File: 55 KB, 480x640, b45eb72ff20b60b5791cf9ec8588c956.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>the japanese secondhand market exists. use it!
>don't buy something just because everyone else has it.
>stop wearing wigs and heat styling your hair so often. your natural hair is more than good enough.
>look at larme mags for makeup inspo. the thick black liner with white on your waterline is not a good look!
>your wardrobe is going to be everything you want it to be in time, so don't be too bummed that you can't afford much yet.
>join the comm! your local comm is chock full of good, hardworking women. some of them will be great role models for you.

>> No.10088879

>you don't suit sweet so stop trying to make it work, stick to classic
>don't buy silly things just because they're cheap on the UK Sales page

>> No.10088888

>lose weight so you can actually feel good
>don't bother with wigs, just cut your bangs and curl that shit
>buy cute shit now cause your fav brands start sucking in a few years
>buy those plain bodyline jsks while they are still in stock, they'll make great dresses for when your normie friends wanna 'try cosplaying lolita'
>also bodyline shoes, fucking buy them all you will regret waiting
>did i mention lose weight cause goddamn you were ugly

>> No.10088910

> that friend isn't doing you a favour with selling you a brand dress for a 'newbie friend discount', that is a replica and the worst part is she doesn't even know that herself
> don't even think about gothic, you pale af and you'll look like you're anemic/sick
> stop buying new dresses when you only have TWO blouses in your closet
> stop buying things that don't match anything in your closet thinking you'll find the perfect blouse/headbow/accessories later cause you won't even look
> stop buying stuff just cause its cheap/on sale!
> please work on getting a cohesive wardrobe, don't shove it all on future you that is me

>> No.10088982

Be carefoul what items you buy of j market

>> No.10088992

>Its called "lolita"....

>> No.10088999

>>10088992
Explain? Did you just not know the name of the fashion when you were a newbie?

>> No.10089043

>>10088424

>give up cosplay entirely or just stick to one a year, your close friend will grow to hate you and attempt to ruin your reputation
>you is kind, you is smart, you is important, but you is spending way too much to not have a cohesive closet
>arda wigs aren't worth shit, don't waste your time. monkeep wigs on the other hand...invest in those.
>lrn2 put on some fuckin makeup dude, jfc
>no matter what anyone tells you, blouseless coords are fine

>> No.10089052
File: 45 KB, 500x373, angel 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>stick to a substyle, you can't be an OTT uguu kawaii princess and an elegant aristocratic bampire romance all in the same 14 year old budget
>attend more meetups, your comm genuinely enjoys your presence
>stop being afraid to post online
>grow your hair out
>stop trying to translate animu hairstyles into real life
>buy more basics, less main pieces.
>solids are the way to go
>don't do that trade, it's not worth it
>stop selling things off after wearing it once

>> No.10089091

>>10088999
I guess she called it "loli"...

>> No.10089117 [DELETED] 

Who tf gets off to this shit?

>> No.10089140
File: 261 KB, 500x412, blackmeme_lolita.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Don't assume you have time to make everything
Making a Lolita dress, even if you are skilled, takes more then one day to complete. Do you have the time to make. every. damn. piece? No.

>Only buy Bodyline / off-brand to fill a general need, not to fill the void of a specific brand piece
I bought things from bodyline because I really wanted the brand version but couldn't afford it in the moment. All the bodyline stuff I still use is none of that, but instead the pieces I bought for more generic reasons like; "this is my favorite color and a flattering cut on my body'

>Save money, buy less main pieces
You will eventually have a lot of dresses by the mere combination of having his hobby and the passage of time. Save up and by fewer, more precise main pieces.

>Figure out the 1 or 4 things you can craft WELL
Don't. Make. Everything. Figure out the handful of crafty things you are good at and JUST do that; just make your own bracelets, or bloomers, or head bows. And stop. Focus on that, call that your strong point and just buy everything else.

>Only thrift Accessories
Vintage stuff looks good with lolita, but stick with accessories. All other things start to get iffy. Most boleros work, but that doesn't mean every bolero works. Stick with the small stuff.

>> No.10089144

>>10089052
>Selling things after wearing them once

I made that mistake but I used to wear lolita so much less often that I would wear a dress once and think I wasn't going to ever wear it again after a few months went by with no motivation to rewear the coord

>> No.10089177

>Stay away from the fat ones and mentally unstable ones

They will ruin it all for you.

>> No.10089182

>>10089177
Second this; Lolita is all about the fantasy the style radiates. If the crazy ones pollute your brain too much about why're into it you will feel like the fashion is tainted.

>> No.10089188

>Dont listen to that girl in your class that goes on about "American" style versus "English" style Lolita. They're not things- FFS it's from JAPAN not the west why would they even distinguish between the two in something from JAPAN- and she pronounces it "lawlita" for Christ's sake!!

Didnt take long for an actual lolita online to tell me it was BS but damn it's been years and I still feel stupid for even considering it.

>> No.10089189

>>10088653
....mr yan did 9/11?
what did I miss???

>> No.10089193

>>10089189
Mr Yan doing 9/11, apparently.

>> No.10089195

>>10089189
Some weird conspiracy thread about the yakuza got spammed with a pic saying "Mr yan did 9/11" like a year and a half ago and sometimes anons bring it up still on occassion. For some reason.

>> No.10089578

>>10089144
My main problem was being young and dumb. I would wear a piece, see another item I wanted, then sell the piece instead of stopping to think whether I should or not. Now that I look back I sold some nice, valuable piece I would love to have in my current wardrobe.

>> No.10089716

>it's just a fashion you like. It's that simple accept it.
>It's just clothes. Just because there are comms doesn't mean everybody has common interests and that's fine if you are a lone lolita
>Just because you love to look at that super detailed cute stuff doesn't mean it's what you like to wear. So skip on that really super cutesy overly detailed stuff.
>There are nice and simple options. Choose them you will love it
>BUY THAT BAGEL DRESS you will regret it for a long time otherwise

>> No.10091120

>don't get your dresses altered smaller, you'll eventually gain weight and get back to normal and have to sell everything

>> No.10091362 [DELETED] 

>if you want some nice solid classic pieces that are timeless and classy, don’t even look at taobao
>not even once
>don’t
>goddamn it

>> No.10091375

>>10091362
Miss Point is good for this, though.

>> No.10091646

>>10089716
Are you me? (not including the last point)

>> No.10091861

>you probably shouldn't blow your savings every paycheck just to get that new dress because you feel like you can't keep up with the rich girls who flaunt their stuff. Their coords aren't great, and when you find your niche, you'll look better than them anyway.
>that said, it's not a competition but some people might try saying it is
>probably stop buying stuff just because it's 'only $60 or $40' here and there. You won't recoup those losses.

>> No.10092242

>>10091362
>>10091375

Not that anon, but there was a point where Miss Point was churning out some really simple shit with kind of subpar sewing. Like around the time I was a babylita she had these sleeveless summer tops that were normie af together with circle skirts with wonky hems. You could possibly throw on some really nice lolita things underneath it, but c'mon, at that point you might as well buy a whole different lolita dress.

Since this is advice you'd give yourself when you're starting out, I'd have given myself this same advice, when I was starting out Miss Point was really, really dodgy-looking quality on normie-tier clothing. I'd even go one step further and say it's better to shop normie stores for loliables than look at Miss Point back then.

>> No.10092276

>please don’t try to make your own headpiece out of cheap walmart fake flowers oh my god
>don’t buy that bodyline sailor dress, you have absolutely no way to coord it
>don’t gain a shit ton of weight lol

>> No.10092295

>>10088424
>No. That is not “loliable.

>> No.10094262

>>10088999
>>10089091
I called it “loli” and “Kawaii fashion”. I had an idea of what it kind of was but I butchered the fashion for a long time before lurking more. Even tried wearing “loli” to school.

>vans
>graphic t
>dress I thought was “Kawaii”
>boom that was lolita to me

Good thing I didn’t post this online nor did I show up to any meets.

>> No.10094708

You need more than one petticoat.

>> No.10094725

Chinese sizing is NOT as drastically different to Western sizing as you think. The measurements are accurate, do not assume you need to go over. Those Ls will SWIM on you and you'll still be trying to get rid of them years later. You are an S. You are crazy. Stop it.

>> No.10094727

>Don't just buy cheap stuff because it's cheap.
>There is no point having a bunch of random cute clothes that don't actually match, buy a WHOLE COORDINATE to start with.

>> No.10094832

>>10092242
are they better now? i bought my first dress from them and it came in a different color than pictured and gross fabric. i liked their style i just wish the quality was there

>> No.10094849

Don't fall for Disney x AP collabs even if you loved both separately. The dresses are shitty quality.

>> No.10094904

>buy old jetj before they start producing overly busy prints
>buy vm and mm before it's too late
>don't buy brand shoes or bags
>make more friends
>don't buy prints you'll never wear them

>> No.10095052

>>10088910
>> stop buying new dresses when you only have TWO blouses in your closet
This is me right now.

>> No.10095211

>Stop buying so many cheap blouses to pad out your wardrobe
>Don't waste your time with taobao
>Invest in non brand leather shoes, brand shoes are shit

>> No.10095358

>>10094849
This was a sad lesson to learn. Fuck I love some of the designs, but huge regret. Guess I should have known better, given they were marketed as souvenirs to visitors at Tokyo Disneyland :c

>> No.10098561

>>10094849
>>10095358
What are the quality issues with the Disney collab dresses? Is it consistently bad for all collabs or just the AP ones? From what I recall, the Kiss Me Cat series was really popular and pretty expensive secondhand, so I'm surprised a really poor quality dress would be so sought after.

>> No.10098623

>>10098561
Nayrt but I own kiss me cat and it's fine, it retailed for like $100. There aren't many details, no pockets, and it's cheaper feeling than standard AP from that time. It's only expensive in the west because of dumb noobs, you can easily find it for $50-$100 in the secondhand Japanese market

>> No.10098630

>>10098561
I mean, have you used your eyes? even kiss me cat looks like a cheap nightgown.

>> No.10098859

For the love of all that is holy, don’t wear that OP yet. You don’t have a petticoat, hair accessories, or even shoes yet. DON’T WEAR IT OUTSIDE. ESPECIALLY NOT TO WALMART.

>> No.10098886

>Buy all the bodyline shoes that fit you, but don't bother with anything else because you'll grow up into a brand whore otherwise

>stop buying off-brand loliables and just get actual lolita blouses

>stop going to cons and save up to go to the Weeb Motherland

>pastels don't suit you; don't feel bad for liking old school/trad lolita, it'll be cool again

>start buying from otome brands so you can still be kawaii outside of lolita instead of being a frumpy normie

>quit your dead-end job asap and go back to school

>> No.10098948

Don't call every print with cats on it a dream dress.
Some of them are fucking ugly.

>> No.10098992

Honestly babylita me made good decisions. I didn’t make much money back then (in college) but I bought one secondhand Mary Magdalene dress every month instead of fast fashion trash like my friends and saved the rest of my money. 8 years later I have quite a tasteful and valuable collection of dresses, almost entirely rare MM, so I’ve finally allowed myself to buy some Bodyline sale garbage haha

>> No.10099004

>for the love of God buy things other than just dresses, you need shoes and accessories

I spent a lot of time on money on just dresses and bags. My coords were boring and even worse was my uggo bodyline blouse I paired with everything as I only had two.

>please buy pieces because you truly like them and the quality, not just cause it's cheap

I gave away several bodyline dresses and will be giving away another for Halloween. Shiny and ugly. I bought them just for price and regretted it. I only miss one of them...red dessert print with military buttons...

>> No.10099031

>BUY secret laboratory while its on metas website so you can get the whole set and not spend another 3 years looking for it

>> No.10099077

> Don’t sell Mozarabic Chant to buy something for a fandom you won’t even be in in two years.

>> No.10099087

>>10098561

They're easy to avoid and you still get an okay product for the quality.

The ones sold through the Disney store for closer to USD100+ rather than burando's usual retail will be the cheaper ones, and will have lower quality (I mean, it *is* less than half price). The sewing's still pretty solid, it's usually things like all of the materials are thinner and flimsier, the fabric is less nice and the charms and findings are kind of tackily shiny (and maybe plastic, too).

The ones sold through the brand stores will properly retail around USD300, 400 and up -- because licensing fees adds to the cost of the dresses. These ones will be burando's usual quality, but you're definitely paying a premium price simply because it's Disney, which is something some people place a lot of value in.

So pretty much, you have to know what you're buying. Kiss Me Cat is ok if you're not paying much more than $100. On the other hand if you're looking for, say Aatp x Disney's Maleficent, that one retailed through the brand store and is worth the brand price, there's a lot of detailing and the fabric used is thicker and more textured.

>>10098623

shit I legit thought there were so many of them because Kiss Me Cat is a cheaper Disney store release and half the price of regular AP.

>> No.10099146

>>10099087
Oh I have the proper disney collabs. About four.

Just I got KMC and I hate it desu, it is very obviously cheap, looks like Taobao and is just a disappointment to look at. I should sell it.

>> No.10099149

>>10098561
Western market is weird. It went for half price on the online Disney store so I think the reason that it's grossly overpriced is that noobs who want it second hand don't know how to SS. I suspect they're the same ones that say Taobao is too hard to buy from.

>> No.10099156

>>10094832
I got a dress from Miss Point recently along with my first taobao order and I was actually really impressed with the quality.
My closet is 90% brand and while it's not burando quality it's thick sturdy material, decently put together with cotton lining. The only thing I'm iffy on is the bodice being a bit too roomy, but I'm not sure if that's their fault or just the measurements I sent in being too generous.
For the price especially, which is cheap even compared to some other taobao brands, it's worth it to try out if you like one of their designs.

>> No.10099209

Don't buy so many AP OPs, in a few years you'll start realizing your eating patterns aren't normal, and you'll gain actually healthy weight

>> No.10099211

>>10099156
that's good, i just bought a more otome dress from them and was a little hesitant because of my first purchase

>> No.10099330

>>10099156
I got the impression Miss Point has extremely short skirts/dresses. Am I wrong?

>> No.10099337

>>10099330
Nayrt, they can get a bit short depending on your height but you can ask them to make the skirts longer without extra cost, iirc.

>> No.10105538

>Don't buy shit just because it's cheap. Save money and buy the things you really want

>> No.10105548

don't give up, you'll realize this means more to you than you think

>> No.10105672

Lose weight and stop buying cheap shit from Taobao. You will enjoy lolita much more when you can actually fit into shit.

>> No.10114121

>stop buying main pieces because they're cheap, if you saved your money you could get the pieces you actually want
>for the love of god, stop cheaping out on socks/blouses/accessories- having a nice main piece doesn't make a coord nice
>stick to classic please
>why did you tell her you browse 4chan??? fucking idiot
>pin that wig down with bobby pins, you look like a fuckhead with it constantly sliding back
>when you move, your comm will suck, so please enjoy every blessed second with your first comm

>> No.10114182

>>10088439
>avoid 4chan
You're doing a great job anon.

>> No.10114577

>Bodyline is shit except for the shoes. Do not take the yen trick for granted.
>Invest in good headwear, legwear and blouses. They'll look so much better with your nicer dresses.
>DON'T SELL THAT AP JACKET. You won't be able to find again for that price, you fool.
>Go to more meets with your first comm. You'll miss them when you move.

>> No.10115966

>Don’t waste your money with Taobao. The people saying that established Japanese brands are the best aren’t “snobby”, they’re RIGHT. Once you get your first brand piece, you’ll be amazed by the quality and won’t want to wear any of your Taobao shit.
>Don’t impulse-bid on every cute thing you see on LM
>Spend time on Lolilibrary, make a well-thought-out list of “dream items”, and save your money for when they come up on auctions.
>Quality over quantity, always. Having a large wardrobe is won’t make you happy if your wardrobe is full of shit.
>You’re never going to make an entire coord from scratch, don’t even bother buying the fabric. Stick to making small accessories and kawaii daily wear, and leave the dressmaking to the professionals.