Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 209 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10074924 No.10074924 [Reply] [Original] [rbt]

We haven't had a thread in a while. Let's discuss our Comms for 2019.

Are you hoping for your Comm to be more active this year?
What events are you planning for your Comm this year?
Are you planning to move to another Comm this year?
Have you finally decided to just do private meetups from now on?

>> No.10075264

I joined a comm this year! ...But I backed out of every meet, because I've heard some really nasty things about the comm on here. I want to make friends in lolita so badly but I'm better off alone if what people here say is true...
I don't know what to do and could really use some advice! Anyone know how to deal with dramatic situations without getting involved?

>> No.10075273

>>10075264
First off don’t believe in the hype. Anons love to talk about drana and build it up but most of the time it’s nothing. And 90% of drama is personal issues between a few girls. So just don’t start shit yourself.

>> No.10075275

I love my com they are active and very nice. But I hope some of the not that active members would stop coming. Maybe I can make them leave if I show them how much I hate them and their ugly faces and coords.

>> No.10075280

>>10075264
You're silly for letting anonymous gossip about people you don't even know yet have an effect on whether you have fun.

>> No.10075281

>>10075275
>t. a literal child

>> No.10075500

>Are you hoping for your Comm to be more active this year?
Nah. We had one meet a month last year and lots of little unofficial meets and groups going to international events. I think we have a great activity calendar, we don't need more.
>What events are you planning for your Comm this year?
None, I'm a (very appreciative) mooch.
>Are you planning to move to another Comm this year?
That was last year but I've stuck with my original comm even though I have to travel a long way. The nearer comm is too quiet and reviving it would take too much effort.
>Have you finally decided to just do private meetups from now on?
No. Tempted, but in the end I like meeting new people and like seeing a mix of old comm members at the official meets.

>> No.10075507

I am! We almost didn't have a winter ILD meet. It's definitely hard to plan things but dang
I am not planning anything so far. Maybe in the second half of the year? It's difficult to get lots of people to go to 'big' meets, much less ones I could plan at my apartment.
Afaik, we have one comm for the whole damn state, so no.
Have you finally decided to just do private meetups from now on?
Nope!

>> No.10075553

I'm moving to a place with a more active comm so I'm pretty excited but at the same time worried because I've been with my comm for so long that I don't know how well I will adapt to a new group.

before I leave I'll probably try to host a big Valentine's day event

Yes, if anyone else has done this and wants to share their experience I'd appreciate it. I'm honestly really nervous because I dont know how this comm is and I feel like everyone will have their little circle already established and I won't fit in easily. I also know no one in the city so that's a bit of a push for me to go either way I guess

My comm has done a few but its cool since it's just a few members anyway

>> No.10075605

i hope for new members that are nice and for current members to chill tf out.
currently planning a late new years meet and a hopefully bigger valentine's meet
just moved to this one so not anytime soon
maybe if we get a few more decent girls... if its just me and someone else its not really a meet is it

>> No.10075671

>>10075275
If they aren't that active then why are you so assblasted? That you have to see an ita for one or two meets a year? Just ignore them holy shit

>> No.10075672

>>10074924
lmao at the niggita

>> No.10075714

Are you hoping for your Comm to be more active this year?
Possibly.
What events are you planning for your Comm this year? I'm not planning any; the comm isn't too active and neither are our mods. Plus there's a lot of drama desu.
Are you planning to move to another Comm this year? Nope.
Have you finally decided to just do private meetups from now on? Yes. This is quite common in my comm anyways.

>> No.10075933

>>10075264
Go to a few meets and see for yourself. If someone tries to drag you into drama you can play dumb, be noncommittal or just straight up tell them you’re not interested in petty drama depending on what you’re most comfortable with. Most likely it’s not nearly as bad as people online made it seem. I used to think my local comm was super dramatic and full of elitist bullies but once I got actively involved it became clear that practically everything was coming from a single unhinged vendetta-chan who got banned for harassing people and then kept up this bizarre grudge against the comm for years afterwards, sockpuppeting entire conversations, stalking profiles and pretending to be certain comm members/mods while posting here. Most comms won’t have it this bad but just keep in mind that it’s very easy for a handful of butthurt people to manufacture online drama and keep it going for a long time. Go out and meet your comm IRL before you write them off completely.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action