[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 1.36 MB, 1264x804, shoes, a discussion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10067569 No.10067569 [Reply] [Original]

This thread is for any and all discussion and questions about shoes and foot care related to lolita and other j fashion

Just to get us started:
What shoe brands do you love?
What do you do to prevent scuffing and peeling?
Do you use insoles? What kind?
What brand of shoe do you own the most of?
What shoes would you recommend that no one ever buy again?
Do you have high arches or flat arches? If so, how do you combat that in heels?
Do you take care of your feet and nails as part of your skincare routine?

>> No.10067578

>tfw you're a size 26

Even cute normie shoes are difficult to get, it's an endless struggle. I'd also prefer flats, because I don't want the additional height and discomfort. But on the other hand heels look prettier...

>> No.10067584

I just want to say I don't like the bodyline shoes in the image, they are really chunky and look awkward.
>"Payless shoes"
>Clearly labeled h&m

>> No.10067595

Size 26, medium width feet, not flat footed. Wear the few good Bodyline styles in lots of colors because cheap, easy to buy (when actually in stock) and cute.

>> No.10067598

>What shoe brands do you love?
Fluevog, Oak Tree Farm, Lief leather shoes, other normie brands that carry well made mary janes. Basically, fuck plastic lolita brand shoes. I'm interested in trying Jane Marple and Vivienne Westwood.
>What do you do to prevent scuffing and peeling?
I got fed up with plastic pleather peeling immediately. I feel like about as soon as I get them, they begin to warp and you will be lucky if they look the same after even 3 wears out. You cannot treat and condition them like leather and they honestly don't seem to be made to be treated or have that longevity.
>Do you use insoles? What kind?
I have to have foot levelers for a back condition.
>What brand of shoe do you own the most of?
Fluevogs. Very good if you are gothic in particular but they have enough interesting designs for other styles. They tend to have the soles where they cannot be removed, however.
>What shoes would you recommend that no one ever buy again?
All lolita brand shoes. There is no difference between brands. The idea that Bodyline are a smidge better than maybe AP or something goofy like that is irrelevant because they're all cheap Chinese made and pleather. They will warp, they will hurt your feet, and it's better to invest in quality materials.
>Do you have high arches or flat arches? If so, how do you combat that in heels?
I do half heels.
>Do you take care of your feet and nails as part of your skincare routine?
For cleaning nails, salt baths actually really help.

>> No.10067603

>>10067598
The prices of Fluevogs are crazy...

>> No.10067607

>>10067598
>All lolita brand shoes. There is no difference between brands. The idea that Bodyline are a smidge better than maybe AP or something goofy like that is irrelevant because they're all cheap Chinese made and pleather. They will warp, they will hurt your feet, and it's better to invest in quality materials.

Nevertheless I see people wearing those for years and they seem feeling good even having a lot of wearing.

>> No.10067609

I wear fairy kei/yume kawaii.

Puma, YRU, JuJu, WC, DreamV, Uggs.

I don't wear them in bad weather, and I use protective sprays on everything.

No, but I probably should.

Puma.

I bought some knock-off Uggs before I purchased real ones, and man, they were shitty.

>Do you have high arches or flat arches? If so, how do you combat that in heels?
High arches. I don't wear heels more than a couple of times a year. I just put some flats in my bag in case they bother me.

To an extent. I make sure my nails are trimmed and I get pedicures here and there.

>> No.10067611

>>10067603
honestly all of their stock rn is fucking ugly as hell

>> No.10067614

>>10067603
They are only a few hundred, get them in sale and it’s like only a bit more than brand shoes

>> No.10067662

>>10067584
i suppose it fits, payless is nowhere near as cheap as it used to be. h&m is cheaper than them now

>> No.10067664

Any good rocking horse shoes now that Bodyline don't stock them? I was considering forking out for the proper VW but am offput by the price.

>> No.10067697

>>10067664
Aren't they known to be good quality though?

>> No.10067745

>>10067664
>https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=541862900244
I own these. They're exactly the same as Bodyline's and even have the logo inside.

>https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=45103984930
same goes for these

>> No.10067768
File: 153 KB, 800x800, 801065058-409866498.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10067569
I'd love to say AP or baby, but I'm yet to own a pair of thier shoes. I plan to dip a toe and get some in 2019 I think, I love thier more interesting designs. Atm my shoe collection is all bodyline and secret shop.
I use face cream and vigorously rub the scuffs with a cloth! Sounds odd, but I asked my reg shoe repair guy what he recommends for cleaning pleather and he said that.
With this method I haven't had any shoes crack or peel yet, my shoes look good and I've been wearing lolita at least once a week for a few years.
Rarely, in my boots which didn't have much cushioning in the toe. I used gel pads, but I might try foam ones next.
>What brand shoe do you own the most of?
Almost all bodyline except for some secret shop tea parties. I find bodyline comfortable to wear for long periods and all but one pair have lasted me well. The tea parties are comfortable too, but I recommend going a size up for best comfort.
>What shoes do you recommend nobody ever buys again?
Pic related, they absolutely destroyed the big toenails on both my feet and took nearly a year to heal up. It's worth mentioning my big toes curve towards my other toes slightly (hereditary) so I think that effects what shoes I can wear comfortably.
I have quite high arches which can make straps crossing over my feet tight, but I just adjust the straps to a bigger hole. When the tops of my feet dig into the rim of the shoe at the front I don't think there's alot I can do other than wait for the shoe to soften and fit my foot better.
Yeah, I do foot soaks every now and again and moisturise. I keep my nails short, as due to the fact my big toes curve my toenails can cut into my other toes if I leave them long, which is grim.

>> No.10067775

>>10067611
THIS. A few years ago they carried more styles that would work with lolita but they've gotten rid of a lot of those. Some of their stuff still works for goth, but I hate that weird shaped pointy toe cap they're using on their shoes and boots with an unreasoning passion. I haven't bought any new Fluevogs in at least 5 years.

>> No.10067797

>>10067697
Indeed, but they're a hell of a lot of money. I'm not sure I want to spend so much (~£400) on a pair of shoes I might not wear that much.
>>10067745
Thanks!

>> No.10067808
File: 20 KB, 300x400, 51C38D30-7BE2-489E-8481-BC64C0CD8475.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have these meta boots and the pink faux leather is flaking off and peeling all over. Does anyone know how to fix this?

>> No.10067813

>>10067797
So instead you'll buy knock offs that'll last three wears? Idgi.

>> No.10067815

>>10067808
Mix paints to get the right color and cover the bare spots, get rid of as much flaking as you can and then paint over with clear plastidip. This is how I repaired a pair of my shoes. After drying it out, the plastidip hardened and you can't really tell unless you're inspecting them up close.

>> No.10069036

My dude, I prefer stripper brands, specifically Ellie
I have wide, flat, short feet, so heels usually kill my feet in a couple hours
I was watching some drag thing, and one of the queens said that stripper shoes come in every shape and size, "because anybody can be broke," and they're comfortable and durable because they're literally designed for inexperienced whores to dance in for a living
So I stick to matte, mary jane style, block heels from Ellie, for the most part
I have a couple from Demonia that have lasted too, I haven't heard from any drag queens about demonia shoes, but I have to imagine that they're made for fat goth teens to dance at raves in, so maybe they're built with that in mind

>> No.10069043

>>10067598
How is the quality of Oak Tree Farms? I found a pair of shoes that I like but I haven't seen any detailed reviews. I have shoes from American Duchess and fluevog and wonder how they compare

>> No.10069047

Fluevog (there are a few loliable styles, I wish they would release more), VW and certain brand shoes

Don’t wear decorative shoes outside. I wear brand boots and Fluevogs if I’m going to be walking.

I don’t but I probably should. A lot of lolita shoes aren’t really made for insoles.

Fluevog

You get what you pay for with Ai Ten Na, they are brutally stiff and they never really break in, and most styles look cheap. I would rather pay more for quality.

One person’s thoughts after destroying my feet for many years with cheap shoes. I know a lot of people say brand shoes are a waste of money but I personally can see the difference.

>> No.10069077

>>10069043
They're very nice but pay attention to sizing.

Also, at least some of their styles are welted, which means they are more durable and it's easier to replace the soles than either Fluevog or AD (both of which are just glued together). And according to their website, they use only veg tan leather (not chrome tan) and are moving towards 100% sustainable materials, which I didn't know before I looked just now but it's pretty cool.

>> No.10071185

>>10069036
I think Demonia are a bit hit and miss, my mary jane shoes from them lasted for ages but platform boots detached from the sole on the second wear - and I've heard from people who try to wear the platforms more as a daily shoe that they don't really hold up very well.

>> No.10071202
File: 43 KB, 750x495, 8d8216212705782fe2cdfd0a0c5016c4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10067569
>totally loliable
I hope thats a joke. ballet flats always look like shit for lolita.

I wear gel insoles with everything, for comfort since most lolita shoes aren't that comfortable.
The most comfortable lolita shoes I own are meta's platforms. I also do wear bodyline shoes a lot. I am also happy with my purchases from Moi Moi Honey, Queen Bee, and my favorite winter boots from Poem of Time (see pic).
Non-lolita shoes I love are Jeffrey Campbell, they are always comfortable. I also wear Demonia and TUK.

I have high arches, and I have all sorts of insoles in different cuts, including ones for just the ball of your foot in heels, or the ankle, or just a small arch insert. make your shoes fit your feet, people!

>> No.10071206

>>10067569
I'm classic so old Fluevog, old Cobb Hill, Hotter. I've been becoming a fan of a lesser known brand called Born, but they don't seem to have cute designs at the moment. I have been a buying a lot of secondhand because the styles these days just don't match up to the lolita aesthetic.

I should, but I don't.

For more uncomfortable shoes, I have a pair of insoles I got a while back from the chiropractor. They work. I was looking into getting another set from the podiatrist though since I do have flat feet.

Fluevog, followed by Hotter

Fuck pleather really. They're never comfortable or breathable and vegan companies love to push them despite being fucking plastic and terrible for the environment, so my dislike has turned into an irrational hate.

Flat. I use insoles mainly, and buy from more orthopedic brands for daily wear (like Cobb Hill)

>> No.10071251
File: 154 KB, 700x1200, shoes274-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish I had one of every color. They're so comfy and flattering. The closest I've found in terms of comfort, heel height, and shape is axe femme (but without the bow and same color selection ). My one pair is peeling so bad now but I still love wearing it.
Every once in awhile I'll go on an aliexpress or ebay binge to find a "replica" but no luck so far. I wonder if I'll have better luck on taobao.

>> No.10071256

>>10067569
I wear size jp25/Uk 6 and I've never had a pair of brand shoes due to it being so hard to find sizes. However, I stand by Bodyline. Always comfy and always fit me

>> No.10071397

>>10071202
>I hope that's a joke
I hope you're a literal retard, because no one with the brain power of a fucking gerbil could miss sarcasm that obvious, op didn't even call them the right brand
In case you couldn't understand that, I'm saying you're stupid

>> No.10071415
File: 33 KB, 290x387, 336728-974-2015-04-10648766.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any ideas on where I could find something similar to VM's Victorian Short Boots? They never seem to pop up in black and in my size. They don't have to be straight up replicas, I'd prefer if they weren't, actually, but I really like the design.

>> No.10071480

Anyone try out Angelic Imprint? My options are very limited as a 27.0/ US 11.

>> No.10071486

>>10071251
I constantly regret not buying these. I see something similar sometimes on AliExpress that are red white a white boarder but they don't look great.

>> No.10071489

>>10071480
Angelic Imprint seems to be on par with AnTaiNa for comfort and quality, with the advantage of better designs. Comfort is middling/fair. I wouldn't wear them all day. Quality is average. They'll last a year or two of semi-frequent use.
If you can figure out how to get them without paying through the nose for shipping, they're worth it for the sizing options alone. I feel you, size 11 sister.

>> No.10071490

>>10067598
>Fluevog
So many ugly or too plain styles
>Oak Tree Farm
Construction on the boots looks questionable. Poor design choices. Cute at a distance

If I'm gonna pay a lot of money I want well-made shoes with great details that are juuuust right for lolita. I want the lief ones but they are sold out in my size

>> No.10071492

>>10071490
OTF is fine in both construction and design, not sure what about it looks questionable to you.

>> No.10071494

>>10071492
ntayt but I've just checked them out and some of the designs are really "fat woman into steampunk". I do like some of their plainer boots for classic though.

>> No.10071498

>>10071494
Oh, definitely, most of their designs aren't appropriate for lolita but the Victorian ones are great for classic and gothic.

>> No.10071510

>>10071206
I also love (older) Born - I had some boots from them that were gorgeous, but wore them into the ground

>> No.10071517

>>10071415
Aerosoles brought out some black lace-up ankle booties with an open toe a few years ago. They're obviously shorter than the VM boots but if it's the open style that you like they may do? I had a quick search on ebay - the "Landscape" and "Role Reversal" styles look like they are similar, and hopefully you can also find similar listings.

>> No.10071531
File: 83 KB, 960x960, ec0f47e5417f452cbdd4fac52edb2cf1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10071415
American Dutchess had shoes like that a few years ago. The name was tango.

I think classical puppets also did a shoe like that but I don't know the name. American Dutchess based the boot on a historical style of tango boots so other designers may have made boots based on them.

>> No.10071544

>>10071415
I've been keeping my eye out for that style of shoe for years. Post something if you ever see it and I'll do the same.

>> No.10071556
File: 101 KB, 1080x1350, 42069077_309299632985653_2099398198106288389_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10071531
Nayrt but It's a ghillie granny boot, a lot of companies have made something similar.. Even Jeffrey Campbell did some, although they have more tabs and are a bit higher (pic related). The VM ones have no tabs over the instep, so they look a bit distinctive.

>> No.10071606

>>10071492
For example, the Jennie. Why the fuck would you use lace by itself as the shaft of a boot? It will tear. This style would've been great as an overlay on top of leather sections

Plus I agree with other Anon, the design of this, Jasmine, and several others just look like ren faire fatty bait. Others are too plain and the materials too country, like the Amelia. They are lacking in subtlety and refinement. The only ones I kind of like are the Oxford style booties but they are missing the fine detailing and perfect shape of true designer brands.

>> No.10071611
File: 13 KB, 445x175, scarfingscarves.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10071397

>> No.10071612

>>10071606
I don't think anyone claimed that all of OTF's designs are loliable, but if you think that Janet, Eleanor and Mirabelle wouldn't work with lolita then I don't know what to tell you.

>> No.10071634

>>10071397
>>10071611
Goddammit now there's iced tea on my keyboard

don't drink and cgl

>> No.10071636

>>10071480
i absolutely adore my angelic imprint shoes, though i've only tried one style so far. they're super comfortable and sturdy

>> No.10071982

Consensus on open toe shoes with lolita?

>> No.10072087

Should I go one size up with Cotton Candy Feet?

>> No.10072091

>>10071982
Okay imo as long as they're still lolita and used in a summer coord!

>> No.10072341

>>10072087
Im also wondering about that. I have wide feet and high arches... So.... Should i spend the money on the shoes? Anyone got any reviews for them?

>> No.10072744

>>10072087
>>10072341
what size do you guys wear? i dont own any personally but a friend just bought a pair, got US 11 but she said they fit closer to a 10. she mentioned she might post a review of them somewhere too

>> No.10072759

>>10072091
Thanks! I've got some beautiful dark blue velvet shoes, but they've got a little peep toe. If they didn't, they'd be perfect for a coord I'm planning, but since they do have it I'm hesitant.

>> No.10072823

>>10067569 1/2
The ones I got from Pennyhouse have been very comfortable and Sturdy. Bodylines is meh quality, but cheap and good enough for the price if it's not something you'll wear too often (like, shoes you buy for one coord, or to try out a new style). Pleaser I love fit and design, but quality I have mixed experiences.
I also want to try some like Jun Lings shoes, want the Metas Stipper Heals (love the design but not sure if the price is worth it, anyone goit reviews on quality?), and hear a lot of good about Sentaro their quality.
Generally I try to find shoes that are made of better PU that don't have much issues with scuffing. Store them on a dry place away from heat sources (water and heat can make PU break and become ugly). In the past I used leather fat with black dye on black shoes to get rid of scuffing, but beside shoes I already own I'm just avoiding shoes made from bad quality PU nowadays. I would buy real leather if there where more options that I actually liked tho.
Nope. If a shoe doesn't fit nicely without it's probably not a proper shoe imho (beside ofcourse in case you need them for medical stuff).

>> No.10072824

>>10067569 2/2
Right now only 4 pair of lolita shoes. 2 from PennyHouse, one from Pleaser, and one from bodyline.
An*Tai*Nai. They are known to be uncomfortable and I think they are part of the reason people think lolita shoes are uncomfortable. Bodyline if highly overrated, but like I said, ok for trying out something new or for when you need something for a one time coord.
No, but I do have issues with my bones structure making heels support me better (hips/backbones aren't correctly shaped, causing the way you bend your hips when walking in heels to be more natural, among other issues).
Not really. I keep them my nails short and clean, but my feet aren't perfectly soft feminine feet. I do too much other stuff outside lolita to keep that up anyways, not even gonna try. Neither do I nor my boyfriend care that much as long as they're healthy and not looking abnormal or something.

>> No.10072949
File: 72 KB, 640x640, 3716B61C-BDE3-48F0-AF39-6A2510A44461.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10069036
Ellie has some cute stuff for gothic, and I found this search had some surprisingly cute options for classic (but tell me I’m an idiot if I’m wrong of course, anons)

https://www.funkypair.com/pin-up-shoes/

>> No.10072956

>>10072949
I like the design but they look at little cheap.

>> No.10073436

>>10072949
same as >>10072956, but unless you're waving your feet in peoples' faces, I don't think anyone would notice

>> No.10073591

>>10072744
I wear a 9 wide and it fits pretty perfectly.
10 mediums or 9 mediums just dont fit right. Either the large size is too long and the shoe is floppy or the 9 just is too tight. Shoes i find either are super cute but would never fit right or the 9w shoes i can find arent exactly lolita. Im still looking for loliable shoes that will fit and look good. I dont want to end up being ita

>> No.10073640
File: 34 KB, 665x665, 1506C421-865B-4B40-AAD4-50C3DD1A4980.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10073591
Hi fellow 9w! I have the same exact problems, recently found that doc martens size 8 fit my weird feet perfectly and are actually good for walking, and refuse to go back

>> No.10073756
File: 99 KB, 705x480, rsz_incollage_20190107_201959651.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do you store/organize your shoes?

Mine are currently just taking up space in the closet like pic related. I guess I'll really have to buy a shoe rack or something for my lolita closet (I don't wanna stuff them in boxes).

>> No.10073760

>>10073756
Shoe rack under my desk
I have two desks
It's nice

>> No.10073819
File: 18 KB, 480x360, dance_shoe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I keep seeing plain dance shoes like this, both on people's coords and on sites. I think it seems like a cop-out to wear dance shoes in lolita coords, but they do fit an aesthetic for more plain/ classic styles.

Saying that, shoes are definitely my weak point in my coords. I have never been a shoe person and the intuition of what goes with what isn't there for me. The shoes I have are very coord-dependent and aren't super versatile (as in, somewhat specific colors, the style is either very understated or very dressy, etc).

>> No.10073837

>>10072087
>>10072341
>>10072744
I think I'm that friend mentioned earlier.
I bought two pairs of the Shiny Unicorn Queen with no modifications, size 42. They took about three weeks to arrive when ordered over the holiday season.
The shoes are very, very pretty. They look great. The large size hasn't distorted them, like I've had happen with AnTaiNa.
The construction seems decent. There is some glue around the straps that can be peeled off. Some of the straps were not cut or attached evenly and I have to add more holes to the straps myself. The soles are too smooth; I have no grip on tile/wood floors. After one wear, I have minimal scuffing to the heel from walking on pavement. I am planning on having a cobbler add a textured sole.
The fit is tight for the shoes I bought. I wish the size chart included the JP size since that translates to cm. I am 27cm and I ordered the 42. I recommend buying a size larger than you usually do.

>> No.10073854

I'm trying to find some nice heeled oxfords or rustic-looking heeled boots. I love a chunky heel, but everywhere I've looked (clarks, normie stores) hasn't come up with anything acceptable.

I'm UK based, so would definitely appreciate some EU options while I still can!

>> No.10073961

>>10073436
>people won't notice cheap shoes
Why do you think that? Maybe people won't notice in photos because of low quality resolution, but people definitely notice irl.

>> No.10073968

>>10073854
Neosens on zalando might have what you're looking for

>> No.10074072

>>10073854

Hotter Shoes too I believe is UK based? You're in luck because they just made their heels more chunky and low based for comfort.

>> No.10074074
File: 102 KB, 913x1304, 10104799_talking_picture_oxford_flat_tan_MAIN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have any suggestions for oxford wingtip flats that are leather? I really need cute flats for classic because heels are starting to do permanent damage to my feet.

>> No.10074109

>>10074074
I doubt these can look good in classic no matter how good quality they are. Mary Janes or t-bars with a thick sole might look better, since they’re less masculine.

>> No.10074112

>>10073837
I'm one of the ayrt. Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback!

>> No.10074120

>>10073837
Thanks for the honest review. The shoes are so pretty but im leaning more towards a more classic style now i may just get one or two pair and try my luck with normie brands like ssoft or Clarks. Any recommendations for mary janes or anything more simple?

>> No.10074131

I'm desperate, can someone please help me find some sax blue tea party shoes on aliexpress? I know there's gotta be a pair, somewhere.

>> No.10074145

>>10074131
I bought the sax color and they are actually from Sosic Shop.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32485761603.html

>> No.10074148

>>10074145
Thank you! My sax SS tps are falling apart and they don't carry my size anymore on the one site still selling SS tps.

>> No.10074153

>>10074148
No problem! There are kinda expensive through Ali, but sax tea parties seem to be in short supply wherever I look.

>> No.10074360
File: 41 KB, 600x900, weww.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sometimes Vagabond makes shoes that work with gothic pretty well. Also most of their shoes are made out of leather.

I really like my dioon loafers. Very comfortable and versatile.

>> No.10074391

>>10074360
These might be good for nanchatte but I don't think they'd work with lolita.

>> No.10074546

>>10074074
Hm. Not sure if they're leather but I have some from Bjorn that are mad comfy

>> No.10074548

>>10073756
Stacked shoe racks from Ikea beneath my dresses or along the entire height of the wall

>> No.10074577 [DELETED] 
File: 294 KB, 1552x873, shooz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've bought 4 pairs of Miss L Fires, they obviously don't work for all coords but they're leather, pretty comfortable, and construction seems good for the price. I wear a size 39 Euro and have normal arches but high insteps.

>> No.10074578
File: 95 KB, 940x531, shooz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've bought 4 pairs of Miss L Fires, they obviously don't work for all coords but they're leather, pretty comfortable, and construction seems good for the price. I wear a size 39 Euro and have normal arches but high insteps.

>> No.10074609

>>10074578
>leather
You fucking phyco

>> No.10074620

Does anyone have any examples of flats actually looking good with lolita?

>> No.10074749

>>10072823
Picardiaxx on IG reviewed them and dragged them phard iirc.

>> No.10074764

>>10074749
Yeah, according to her, the material crinkled and buckled on the platform during the first wear, and the sole came off really easily.

>> No.10074773
File: 211 KB, 750x678, 749D3998-668E-476C-83B8-07571EF6F022.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Whenever I look for shoes for classic this brand called Chase & Chloe comes up. They have a lot of “retro” designs but look sort of cheap. Has anyone owned a pair?

>> No.10074776

>>10074773
I own them in pink and they get the job done but the soles are incredibly thin and at the end of a long day on my feet they're some of the most uncomfortable heels I've ever worn

>> No.10074985
File: 345 KB, 1080x1350, tumblr_pecgononY61tyohpdo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074109
No offense, but that sounds that it would look orthopedic.

I was hoping I'd get something like pic related, but with lacing instead of just a flat shoe, and also wit support that doesn't look like it came from the healthcare accessories shop.

>>10074546
I'll look into those, thank you!

>> No.10075103

Anyone know where to get gold glitter heels with bows on them?

>> No.10075146

Anyone know how long it takes cottoncandyfeet packages to get delivered to Midwest America?

>> No.10075591
File: 75 KB, 600x600, D324AEFD-65E8-4956-9264-B306999B107D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anybody has any experience with dear my love shoes??? pretty tempted by the price but drawn back by its potential shit quality

>> No.10075721
File: 16 KB, 310x310, 17FCAA17-EB49-4C3D-A465-76CD089099DC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I remember an anon used to recommend dance shoes on here. How do people feel about them for classic?

>> No.10075736

>>10075721
Be very careful if you decide to buy dance shoes, many of them do not have soles appropriate for outdoor wear and you will find yourself in a world of sorrow on a rainy day.

>> No.10075738

>>10075103
I think I recall seeing some on Cotton Candy Feet.

>> No.10075749
File: 409 KB, 1600x1069, men_edwardian_1903-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I ask about good quality men's / mens style shoes? Of all the sites people use for Lolita/historical reproduction always end up being for females only or if if I like a design the heel is way too high to wear normally since they tend to be <2in. I feel like I'm stuck with wearing normie suit shoes or something like vintage foundry but I wouldn't even mind a low heeled women's shoe if it couldn't be read as such. Why doesn't anyone capitalize on the market for quality men's shoes?
>Wear a 4e US 9 men's

>> No.10075765

>>10075591
It's about the same as lolita brand quality.

>> No.10075769

>>10075749
Yosuke has great shoes imo. The men's shoes even come in leather styles. They also are sold on Amazon jp and Rakuten if you want to use tenso discounts.
>https://yosuke-idocorp.com/shop/category/M

>> No.10075773

>>100757 I think they would be cute with classic, especially with a grosgrain or velvet bow clip. As the other anon suggested careful about the soles, a lot of dance shoes have suede or leather soles.

Where did you find those btw, I'm looking for dance shoes and they are cute!

>> No.10075793

>>10073756
I’ve a shoe rack that hangs off of my closet door.

>> No.10075806

>>10075103
Secret Shop and Angelic Imprint had the bests.

>> No.10075835

>>10071492
I have one of the plainer designs in black and they're cute and super comfy. But a lot of their shoes (especially the lace-sided boots) are tacky as hell. But I also hate zippered lace-up boots. The quality of the leather is decent enough, but I'm wearing through the outer soles quite quickly. Not sure if I'm just stompy, but the heels of my Fluevogs aren't nearly as worn so I'm betting it's the material.

>> No.10076005

>>10075749
Men can complain about and/or love Fluevog along with the women. Fugawee and Civilwarboots both make mens historical shoes/boots to order. Prince got all his shoes from andre1shoes.

>> No.10076084

>>10067813
The bodyline shoes are pretty sturdy and last a lot longer than 3 wears.

>> No.10076358

>>10076084
That was an obvious exaggeration anon. Replicas are bad for everyone. I will never understand why the consensus is to support them.

>> No.10076363

>>10075835
I think they use leather soles for some of the models so that might be why the soles are wearing so quick. Leather looks good but it wears down very quickly if you do any walking. If that's the case you should probably bring it to a cobbler to add rubber to the soles or something.

>> No.10076396
File: 684 KB, 1440x2560, Resized_20180625_200310.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10073756
Non-lolita lurking here, I bought this rack from Walmart, and I like it. It doesn't fit y'all's aesthetic, but it's very convenient and reasonably priced.

>> No.10076540

>>10067603
I am always amazed at how poor lolitas are in reality

real designer shoes are like $500+ and y'all buy replicas because you can't get shoes under $200... fluevog are considered pretty cheap and gaudy in circles who have CDG play as their cheapest daily beater shoes

>> No.10076673
File: 60 KB, 1280x720, 1478277652286.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10076005
True mvp of this thread

>> No.10076816

anyone know any good clunky mary janes appropriate for old school? i want some doc martens indicas but i can't find them anywhere in my size

>> No.10076833
File: 34 KB, 400x341, s-l400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how to coord these

>> No.10076836

>>10076816
Did you check TUK ?

>> No.10076892

>>10076816
demonia dolly-01. stay away from the kera, they have big platforms, but the shoes look way too modern for old school and I really regret buying them for such. luckily they work with my western goth stuff so it's not too much a waste, I guess.

>> No.10076915

>>10076540
Crystal Dream Garnival

sorry, that's all I can think of cdg

>> No.10076949

>>10076915
Nayrt but they mean Comme des Garcons, which suggests they are probably crossboarding from /fa/ as that is not really the designer brand most people would choose to compare with Fluevog.

>> No.10077503
File: 5 KB, 194x259, 14115016_10153919311517794_258419009700383909_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074074
I got some from Hotter ('Dalton' is the style name). The only issue I've had with them is that I should have gone a full size up for my orthotics - they run a bit narrow.

>> No.10077740

>>10076836
thank you anon, i completely forgot about TUK.
>>10076892
thanks! i've heard of some quality issues with demonia, do they seem to apply to these shoes?

>> No.10077798
File: 41 KB, 297x200, no.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Helping my friend get into lolita
>Looking at shoes together
>She looks at me and says
'can't I just wear my doc martins?'

>> No.10077800

>>10075721
They’re a great choice if you have feet that are too big/wide/etc for brand, but don’t want to support replicas. >>10075736 is right but you can take shoes to a cobbler to have different bottoms put on. Cobblers are also great for getting more wear out of shoes generally, although I don’t think there’s much a cobbler could do for a tea party shoe that’s got peeling pleather desu

>> No.10077881

>>10077798
Get her into punk and she might be okay.

Might.

>> No.10077882

Does anyone else get super neurotic about choosing shoes for lolita? I've been in the fashion for a long time but I've been wearing the same shoes with everything for years and I really can't keep it up, but it's so hard to find shoes that match, at least in my head.
I can never really tell if shoes are going to look good with Lolita unless I see them worn or try them on with a coord, so I end up sticking with very plain black mary janes.

Is there a general guide for what makes shoes look "wrong" with lolita? I can get the rest of my coord fine but I just always cop out with the same shoes for fear of being ita or my shoes being too normie.

>> No.10077887

>>10077882
I should probably add that I have bought brand shoes in the hope that they'd match perfectly since they're made for the style, but they all (Baby, IW, and AP) fell apart in a matter of months so I'm unlikely to consider it again, it was heartbreaking.

>> No.10077936

>>10077798
There are high heel docs that are comfy and lolita approved. Scroll up in this thread

>> No.10077940

>>10077740
Nayrt but mine (Dolly-01) have been okay and I've had them >5 years. I think the Kera-08 (the ones that everyone seems to have, also sold by Dollskill as "dollhaus") may be more hit and miss due to the buckles vs. velcro strap.

>> No.10077975

>>10077882
Are you wearing your frills daily or just to meets? If you looked at CoF there seems to be more perception that you must have a perfect outfit with no nitpicks possible and matching shoes for every single outfit. daily_lolita and girls that actually seem to wear it daily on instagram tend to go with "well, I could have perfectly matching shoes for this outfit but these are the ones I can actually walk in and they still match, they just aren't 100% perfect".
Also, unless you're doing sneakers, ballet flats, stiletto heeled pumps or really fugly orthopedic shoes most of the time your shoes aren't going to be 'ita' in and of themselves. Some people nitpick retro/vintage shoes (e.g. Miss L Fire, Miz Mooz) and even brogues for looking too normie, but it's very much contextual. If the outfit is classic with vintage/retro inspiration, then it's probably fine; if it's a doll-like OTT sweet outfit then you need to make sure the shoes fit into the feeling/theme a little more.
Other than that, I'm not sure how to teach you to match shoes if you haven't worked it out after being in the fashion for years, honestly it should be something you've developed an eye for by now...

>>10074620
If you mean completely flat with a thin sole like ballet flats, no, because mostly even if they're passable in context they don't look good at all. There are other "flat" shoes that look fine though - usually these have a thicker sole and a slight rise akin to a men's dress shoe. Heart buckles, engineer boots, tea parties, low MJ 'heels' (like ~1" ones that IW and Queen Bee have in stock, flat brogues (darkxdelirium on insta paired some with daydreaming goldfish a while back and it looked remarkably good, but the style of the brogue is important)...and of course flat platforms like RHS

>> No.10077994

>>10077503

Ah, thank you! They have a sale I think so I'll definitely check them out!

>> No.10078533

>>10073819
>not using shoe clips or bows to up your plain shoes
....gull

>> No.10078555

>>10076396
What is the context for two pairs of sloppy moccasins? Do you wear them outside?

>> No.10078558

>>10077740
I bought the Dolly and I'm returning them as they're the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn that weren't stillettos. The almond toe shape is incredibly painful for me, I maybe could've worn them for short periods if I had sized up but in my normal size I could barely stand up in them

>> No.10078565

>>10074749
>>10074764
I've seen a lot of people wear them, surely there must be more than one review? I'm kinda sad Japanese brands get reviewed so little, as if people assume it must be good no matter what. Wonder if hers where a bad one gotten trough qualitycheck wrongly or if they are all like that.

>> No.10078573

>>10077740
>quality issues with demonia
I've had some issues in the past with the stretchy leather material ripping a bit too easily. I kinda want to try their non-stretch one material tho, as their shape is the most comfortable one I tried together with designers shoes and Asian shoes. I bought some Dolly's and they fit nice for me, but I haven't had enough wear to talk about long time quality yet.

I think the issue with >>10078558 is why they are so good for me tho. I struggle with "normal" shoe fit. I guess that one might depend on your own feet.

>> No.10078773

>>10069036
I'm on the lookout for goth heels, any styles from Ellie you'd recommend?

>> No.10078816
File: 748 KB, 1681x695, whatarethose.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So, these just popped up on LM...

>> No.10078845

>>10078816
They're like... what a 6-year-old would wear if she were also a registered nurse

>> No.10080001
File: 237 KB, 1440x1440, Screenshot_2019-01-15-06-08-30_mh1547532538043.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone here got the Demonia Charade boots? I was looking into getting the Electras to wear with my gothic coords but I'm intrigued by the old-school bubble toe on the Charade styles

>> No.10080079

Does anyone know a good place to get white goth platforms for size 10 feet?

I was looking at an*tai*na and angelic imprint but apparently those are bad quality?

>> No.10080394

>>10080079
White pleaser electras?

>> No.10080396

>>10080079
I wouldn't say either of those are bad quality. At the very least, they're not absolute trash. You get what you pay for. They'll last you a few seasons.
If you want long-lasting shoes, I second Pleaser. They're made for dancing, so they'll be sturdy.

>> No.10080493
File: 392 KB, 993x709, SHOESSSS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love this style but I don't wanna get them through a reseller. The Demonias they're based off have been gone for years. Does anyone know the original taobao store? Can anyone comment on their quality?

>> No.10080512

>>10080493
Seconding this. I've been looking for this style for ages.

>> No.10080523

>>10080493
Here you go, appears to be the same style of shoes with a couple different platform heights but the buckles are a different color. I'm gonna hazard a guess there are quite a few taobao stores that sell the same design, probably all slightly different.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=534600674348
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=560318233895
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7997984363

>> No.10080526
File: 57 KB, 800x800, abbey-08-bvl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10080493
>>10080512
These are a replica of the Demonia Abbey-08, I have them. They're discontinued but they're also really bad quality. I've tried to keep mine nice but they're faking really badly and I've only worn them maybe 3 times. I'll hope for you two that the taobao ones are nicer, I'm also curious where they're from so I can get another pair

>> No.10080531
File: 89 KB, 750x750, 1547505432572.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10080523
Thank you so much anon! Those red ones are literally the perfect height, I'll see if I can find black ones in the same store. You're the best

>> No.10080550

>>10078555
My mom bought them as a pair of house slippers for herself and me. I don't wear them anywhere because the bows dont stay tied, and it's annoying. I need to return them to her now that she's back from living abroad.

>> No.10080552

>>10080493
I just bought the version of these from demonia last winter, they were bad and I returned them. The straps were stupid short and wouldn't fit. I'm nowhere near fat

>> No.10080557

>>10075591
I have this style, the pleather is nice and smooth looking, the shoe itself is pretty stiff but wearable with insoles. Pretty par for the course for lolita shoes, looks a lot better than bottom of the barrel type taobao shoes. I personally think the strap is placed too far back though and it makes it less comfortable.

>> No.10080559
File: 330 KB, 683x910, 20190115_184031.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10076396
Oh and here is how I store my boots as well - 99c pool noodles also from Walmart, cut in half. (Sorry for potato quality.) I should really get around to donating a lot of these.

>> No.10080609 [DELETED] 

Body line still hasn’t restocked black RHS in both the English or Japanese sites, and I’m really needing to replace mine they’re getting raggedy.
Any anon can recommend who even still sells RHS similar to bodylines? Most stores have closed down so there doesn’t seem to be many options left.

>> No.10080632

>>10080550
Shit taste overall in shoes though.

>> No.10080673

>>10080523
Just put in an order, thanks anon! Hopefully they'll be better than >>10080552

>> No.10080685

>>10080632
That's why I said I need to donate a bunch.

>> No.10080735

>>10074074
I have these exact shoes, they are great for otome, super comfy and the finish has lasted even though I wear them regularly. IMO they are a little too orange and flat for classic though.

>> No.10080747

>>10077798
Doc's are acceptable, honestly. Just depends on the coord. She knows more than you, apparently.

>> No.10080847

>>10080394
>>10080396
Thanks! I'm not a daily lolita so I would only need them for meets. If the quality is passable then I'll probably go with an*tai*na as they seem to have a better selection and more of what I'm looking for

>> No.10080851

>>10067607
Mte. The only Japanese brand shoes I own are Miho Matsuda but they're great and I've been wearing them for years.

>> No.10080853

>>10080493
>>10080512
Aren't they based on Yosuke shoes?

>> No.10080966
File: 13 KB, 500x500, tjusig-shoe-rack-black__0092694_PE229381_S4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10073756
My boyfriend I use these and stack two of them below our clothing rods. It fits about 6-10 shoes a rack depending on the type. we also stacked 4 of them to make it look like a wall of shoes. It's a pretty cheap solution for now.

>> No.10081068

>>10080853
No. >>10080526 is what they are based on. Read the thread.

>> No.10081086
File: 106 KB, 600x900, TK-2013-04-14-009-005-Harajuku-600x900.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10067569
>tfw when you've finally pinned down who makes those cute ribbon platforms that nearly everyone used to own back when fairy kei was at its biggest
>tfw you find out they offer worldwide shipping
>tfw nothings in your size
Feels bad, man.

Anyone know if there are stores that sell Tokyo Bopper-esque shoes in extended sizes? I'm a US 8.5, but I think the largest size they offer is a 6-6.5.

>> No.10081104

>>10080526
>>10080493
>>10080512
I bought an official pair of these from a 3rd party seller on Amazon for 65 USD. I like them a lot but the toe box is super hard and they feel a little tight, maybe half size too small. I've not had any issues with the straps being too small like >>10080552 did. If anything, they're a little too long and slightly floppy. I have fairly thin legs but they're not like ana-chan chicken legs.

>> No.10081239

Has anyone had decent luck with buying boots from China off eBay? I've been looking at certain styles of ankle boots that I haven't been able to find comparable versions of from reputable sellers. Of course I don't expect 40 dollar Chinese fashion boots to be amazing quality or to last for ages, but they should look pretty close to the picture and be wearable, yes?
Any recommendations for materials or styles that simply need to be avoided because they never turn out?
I'm fashion newbie, so I apologize if this is completely retarded to ask.

>> No.10081242

>>10081239
Idk about boots but I've bought shoes they'd ebay and recieved one pair from Sosic and one from Angelic Imprint. Worked out fine but taobao is still usually cheaper

>> No.10083944

>>10074578
I bought a pair of Miss L Fire boots a few years ago. They fell apart after a few wears. The leather was good quality but the hardware and construction was the cheapest possible. I was so disappointed.

>> No.10084119

>>10083944
Oh that's too bad! I bought all 4 pairs of mine in 2012-2014 and they are well built, but maybe they've gone downhill since then. Their website sure is shite right now.

>> No.10084302

Looking for brand suggestions. I'd like to buy a pair of staple gothic platform mary janes or something similar. My feet are rather big, 26.5 and wider than average, so finding appropriate shoes is always a pain. Antaina's shoes are rather uncomfortable, same probably applies to Angelic Imprint. Are there more options?

>> No.10084330

>>10084302
TUK have a few creeper-soled mary janes, Demonia have a range of heels and platforms (although can be hit or miss sizing and fit wise, see up thread), Ellie and Pleaser have the basic chunky heeled mary jane with platform. Sometimes school shoe stockists do a decent mary-jane although don't often have much of a platform; Clarks, Hush Puppies and Roc (Australian brand) all have some but that may not be the look you want unless you're inspired by older street snaps. If you don't mind leaning a bit on the classic side, Hotter have the Viviene heel which comes in a wide fit and UK8/27 (although they are more in the classic side, being a t-strap low heeled mary jane), Miz Mooz have a couple of mary jane styles, and other "vintage/retro" brands may be worth looking at...

>> No.10088224
File: 172 KB, 1800x1589, v1807vd-410-p10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone had experience with Repetto?

>> No.10088239

>>10080001
i have a pair of charade mary janes, i think they look great with old school. i have knock knees so i can't judge how comfortable they are, but i know two girls with normal legs who have them and find them very comfortable. Their quality is typical for demonia. like, not crap but also nothing special.

>> No.10088272

>>10088224
I’ve owned two pair of plain black leather Repetto ballet flats and while the fit and feel on the foot is nothing special, I loved the shape (as some ballet flats have strange proportions and look weird on the foot, so I get picky). They are quality shoes and I wore each pair until they fell apart.

>> No.10088637

>>10071251
YES! I wore these to my high school prom, danced all night, and they're still in decent shape years later.

>> No.10088806

>>10071251
I have these in black and really regret not getting them in more colors. They work with a lot of normie outfits too, I've even worn them to job interviews lol

>> No.10088814

>>10081239
I've bought two pairs of vaguely loliable fashion boots off ebay this winter, and desu they're not bad for the price. One pair I use as lolita snow boots and they're actually pretty warm and the soles have a good grip.

>> No.10090736

What are people's experiences with Jane Marple shoes?

>> No.10090740

>>10081239
I exclusively buy cheap ass footwear because I'm clumsy and I know I'm going to ruin it.
I've never had a problem with ankle boots, they seem to be hard to fuck up
Knee high boots are more miss than hit, they tend to have no give and no ventilation
Checking what material they say they use is pretty much pointless because it's so frequently inaccurate
Also, I've never had a heel break on me, but I've also never tried cheap chinese stilettos, just blocks heels and wedges, so possibly something to keep in mind
High heels that aren't boots, like mary jane style or something with a largely open top, do not buy them if they're listed for under $40.
$40 is the absolute bare minimum amount of money you can pay for a shoe like that and be able to wear it for more than ten minutes. Heels like that for under $30 are filled with cardboard and horse glue, and they fucking destroy your feet, if you can even cram your feet into them, because whatever plastic they use to make the faux leather has no give whatsoever

hope this helps

>> No.10090740,1 [INTERNAL] 

Gentlemen, it's not particularly relevant to the topic however, a friend of mine asked me a query here recently. Do you have a recommendation for a shop for girls' high school underwear? I discovered Miya Lingerie. I highly recommend. I am a huge fan of honest and trustworthy sellers.