[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 109 KB, 500x748, 1489901710954.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10053820 No.10053820 [Reply] [Original]

...without looking like you've outgrown your clothes?

Nowadays many young women are over 170cm/5'7, so I thought a thread like this might be helpful for many of us.
How do you do it? Is it even possible to wear cute things if you're over a certain height? Especially shoes are such a big problem.

>> No.10053842

>>10053820
I’m not tall but I find that taller people can pull off gothic and classic very elegantly. There are certain things that particularly only work for tall people, such as the lace tights + OTKs Mana combo or peeking bloomers (I can’t do that cause you’ll never notice, I’m too short!). Longer dresses also look absolutely beautiful on them. Sweet is a bit harder because of the shorter dresses though, it looks a bit awkward when you have a short skirt and OTKs and a blank space between them but sometimes tights can fix that.

>> No.10053849

172cm lolita anon here - I find that old school looks flattering on taller lolitas like us. A lot of old school coords, especially gothic feature shorter skirts so I think it looks a lot more natural on taller girls, and if I don't feel like showing so much leg I wear knee lenght bloomers that can compliment my outfit. I still wear my crazy platforms too, I've actually had a lot of compliments over them so I don't think people mind if you're tall and wear heels and platforms. I also think drop waists and ankle lenght dresses look good on taller girls, while high waists are to be avoided since having the illusion of a shorter torso on top of the dress being a bit short looks awkward imo. I also like wearing fishnets under my socks if it compliments my coord, I think it looks less awkward than bare skin and adds some interest too. Leaving blouses untucked when wearing skirts also helps with me, I always feel like elongating my torso makes things look a bit more balanced but I think that depends on your build because for me all my height comes from my legs and I want to make that less obvious.

>> No.10053850

>>10053820
Tall lolita here! There's a way to find any substyle work and be flattering.
Sweet > Use jsks with ajustable straps, use strap extenders or tie the straps halter-style. OPs are harder to "cheat". Wear wristcuffs to hide slightly f too short sleeves. Get custom-made blouses or use 3/4 or short sleeves.
Classic/romantic gothic > dramatic underskirts! Long dresses! Dropped waist cuts. Lots of custom-made brands make classic-style blouses. Tights make stuff look less short.
Old school/punk/edgier gothic > have hemlines be intentionally short, use peeking bloomers, fishnets under OTKs.
Larger lolita shoes can be found on An*tai*na or Angelic Imprint. For classic, check out normie shoe stores meant for mature women, like Naturalizer (my grandma shops there and so do I!) Other stores I've had luck with were Bordello, Steve Madden, Fluevog, Aldo, even sometimes Payless or thrift shops!
Western goth shoe brands make stuff in a wide array of sizes, or even men's sizes.

>> No.10053853

Why can tall Lolita just adapt and style themselves, but plus size Lolitas can't?

>> No.10053858

>>10053853
Because you can lose weight but you can't reverse height

>> No.10053862

>>10053853
Adding length to something is possible, adding width usually isn't.

>> No.10053865

Tall lolita here. 175cm and I always wear heels.

I wear mostly gothic/classic and that works fine for me. I never feel insecure because of my height. Being tall has many perks.

Only problem being tall is that brand dresses look sometimes really awkward. I’m wide built in general: large bust, wide shoulders and big feet.

My advice: never wear too small clothing. I have tried to squeeze myself in too small dresses and it does not look good. It makes me sad that there is cute prints I’ll never own but there is so many indie brands that make bigger sizes. Cgl hates Haenuli but their dresses work very well with tall proportions.

>> No.10053877

>>10053853
Is this bait or just OT? Also, who said plus size girls can't adapt and style themselves to look better in lolita?

>> No.10053883

>>10053853
Obviously it is possible. There are various plus sized lolitas out there that have a sense of style and dress well. I'd assume though that on one hand it requires more effort and knowledge to even out your wide proportions compared to making up for length, in some way also requires abstention to not look like a frumpy mess, and on the other hand people probably only want to see literally round ball-like shaped itas, when the topic of plus sized lolitas comes up.

Decent plus sized lolitas that know what (not) to do don't stand out from the mass.

>> No.10053900

>>10053853
>>10053883
Go and make an overweight lolita thread.

>> No.10053955

I think the best thing for Tall Lolita’s is to find out what works for them. Some benefit from longer/low-waisted bodices, for others strap extenders is enough. Some need underskirts, but others perfectly rock the otk skirt gap.
I personally try to find pieces with a lower body or extend the body with a belt or something. Enchantlic has a really pretty corset belt. Sometimes I use dress extenders as well, but I am not a fan of the result of that on myself. Underskirts depend on the dress, often dresses around 98cm and up look perfectly fine on me without underskirt.
Also have to add Mana is super tiny.

>> No.10053962

I'm 177cm, and I love cute clothes but most things I like end up being too short so it's always heartbreaking having to accept that I can't wear it. Gothic and classic lolita here, but I want to be cute when I wear regular clothes too.

Also, favorite kind of conversation:
>"I want this thing but it's too short, I need at least another 5cm to have it cover my ass/not get a camel toe"
>"Why won't you just get a bigger size?"
>Sizing doesn't fucking work like that Sharlene

>> No.10053980

>>10053955
Mana is 173cm, so still a lot taller than your average japanese girl. But he probably gets his dresses customized.

>> No.10054022

>>10053962
>I want to be cute when I wear regular clothes too.
Same. I wanted to ask about normal clothes, like Larme, as well. I'm scared (or I actually highly suspect) that it would look ridiculous on me. Goth is nice, but sometimes I wish I could wear cute stuff as well.

>> No.10054029

I'm 170cm and a good 10cm shorter than anyone else in my immediate family (not to forget my 195cm aunt), but have been told I'm "too tall to ever be cute" (thanks, I guess?). The biggest problem I have with fit is related to being long waisted: I'm a flat-chested 83cm, but waists often hit me really high up. I usually measure my "waist" for lolita at around 8-10cm above my natural waist. Corset belts are almost never high enough to overlap the jsk waist, and that's a really bad look. So I make straps longer when possible, often wear vests/bodices/bustiers, and frequently gravitate towards skirts.

>> No.10054043
File: 14 KB, 378x301, hnnnnng.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10054029
>"too tall to ever be cute"
Fuck that one hit me hard, heard that one and other shit like that all my life that really made me extremely insecure about my height all my life.

>> No.10054051

>>10054043
I'm 182cm and I don't feel I can be cute either.

>> No.10054054
File: 75 KB, 800x450, overcome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tall lolita butting in here. Busting in at 5'11 (though apparently I've grown recently, so I might be 6' rip me) so I'm more than experienced when it comes to not fitting things because of height. I mean mostly I just kind of say 'fuck it'. I don't like the look of most underskirts so I don't wear them, and I'm happy that the ABSOLUTELY NO LEG ON SHOW rule has softened over the years.

To new lolitas who are tall, these are my observations, for what they're worth:

- work out whether your thighs work in the fashion. If your thighs are thicker, it'll make it look like you have a shorter skirt.

- if you're sweet, AP is your friend because lets be honest, their sizing can be huge. Their back shirred pieces are amazingly comfy, same for IW. Btssb and aatp's zips are garbage, and have snapped on me even when I've been under the measurements. Atepie corset dresses come in many lengths and will look amazing. Also I think most of them have shirring. They're really exquisite, ngl.
Aatp/baby have a natural waist cut which is THE most flattering thing ever.

- AP socks can be amazing. I have a pair of their nylon ones and a pair of their woolen ones that I can get to my mid thigh. That's pretty damn high! From what I've seen on other people, IW can be really stretchy too.

- tights are your friend. UTKs are your enemy - they will make the gap between your skirt hem and socks look even bigger. If the sock doesn't go past your knee, try everything you can do to hike it up past your knee and get that bitch to stay there with some sock glue!

- long bloomers. I have a pair that were meant to be mid-knee, but are they? Hell no, mid thigh at best. I'm trying to source some better ones, I have a couple links. Then again, no one says your bloomers have to be on show.

These are just my observations though. If you want to wear underskirts, go ahead! If you don't want the underskirt, do it. No one I've met has ever had a problem with my 4 or 5 extra inches of thigh.

>> No.10054081

Depends what fashion you’re wearing. If you’re wearing classic lolita you’re going to have a pretty easy time finding things. I’m 5”7 and 95+ cm is perfect length. For sweet, I let myself go down to 89 because I feel like it’s easierto have shorter length in sweet especially if you have patterned socks. Helps you look not QUITE as tall.

Now, with fairy kei I just embrace it. Wear shorts under everything because I’ll flash people when I bend down if I don’t. That and tights. Those help too

>> No.10054099

>>10054054
Meta's long rashel lace bloomers are long on me and I'm 5'9"

>> No.10054107

>>10054043
>>10054051
Well, tall friends, just remember that if tall people can never be "cute", short people can never be "elegant". (I don't think either of those things is actually true, by the way)

>> No.10054114

>>10054107
Short women can wear heels, what can we do?

>> No.10054115

I'm exactly 170 cm. I have really short legs in proportion to the rest of my body, so luckily dresses look less short on me than they would on someone with longer legs. I do try to get JSKs with adjustable straps (Meta is great for this, you can just move the buttons a bit and it makes it longer) or elastic straps. Skirts in particular work great for me because the distance between my waist and knees is so short that even old school skirts are almost at my knees most of the time.

My real issue has always been blouses and cutsews though. Because my torso is so long, most brand cutsews don't reach the waistband of my skirt, so I end up with an ugly gap. Blouses are a little better, but I still have to check length and sleeve length measurements super carefully.

Hope this helps any other weirdly proportioned tall anons out there, haha.

>> No.10054128

How little do you have to weigh to fit into anything japanese at all?
Short, non-skinny girls can just buy larger sizes, but if you're tall...

>> No.10054132

>>10054128
I'm about 130 lb, 5'7'' (so not even that thin desu) and fit into pretty much everything that's at least partially shirred, and some larger unshirred pieces (Baby in particular). Blouses are trickier because I'm relatively busty so I still need shirred blouses or larger sizes in order to not strain buttons. But I still have quite a few nice brand blouses that fit great.

So unless you're like close to 6 feet tall, you should be fine as long as you're not fat.

>> No.10054136

>>10054132
I’m the same exact height and weight as you. I fit into unshirred AP bc I’m not super busty. I’m shaped like a box. 34 bust 26 waist 32 hips. I don’t ever really have to worry too much about measurements other than height.

>> No.10054138

>>10054132
I'm 5'10, so I'll probably have to be skinnier than that...?

>> No.10054145

>>10053980
No way Mana is that tall, maybe with heels on

>> No.10054147

>>10054132
Same height and weight as you, I fit into old Moitie JSKs and skirts but can hulk out of blouses and OPs.

>> No.10054165

Hi, I'm 178cm/5'10 (and kinda underweight). It helps that I have such a small bust but sometimes dresses come up a bit short on me. I like to wear solid tights to help with that or just rock the leggy look with OTKs. As long as it doesn't become a mini dress, it's fine. Oh, yeah and IW is great for long dresses. If you don't have a big bust, the underbust cut looks so elegant in combination with heels. I almost always wear heels. You can still look cute as a tallita.

>> No.10054172

I lucked out being 174cm but thin enough to fit into stuff like mur melche. The biggest problem I face is length, but I know my measurements well enough to set certain limits: for example, anything under 90cm is an immediate no-go. It doesn't matter how pretty I think it is, the second the flat measurements say 89cm I just force it out of my brain and keep scrolling. Even then, 90cm is a bit short: bloomers are a great friend. A piece of advice I don't think has been mentioned yet is to keep small--moderate poof: the bigger the poof, the shorter the dress becomes.

>> No.10054179

Does anyone have inspo pics of tall lolitas they like to use? Please share! I seem to have none...

>> No.10054186

>>10054114
Nayrt but not worrying so much about what other people think of you would be a good start. Some people firmly believe you can't be "cute" if you're tall... but some people also believe you can't be "pretty" unless you have pale skin and long blonde hair and a thigh gap, or unless you're under 30 (or 20.... or 12, depending on who you're asking). At some point you just have to say, "fuck it. I'm me and I feel cute."

>> No.10054202

>>10054165
>>10054172
Would you mind sharing how much you weigh?

>> No.10054209

>>10054179
>inb4 Chokelate

>> No.10054212

>>10054202
Melche anon here: I weigh about 130 pounds at 174cm.
Small rant: For me, it's less about overall weight and more about distribution: my bust is 81.5cm, and my waist is about 61, but my ass is 92+cm. Lolita is one of the few things I can wear because of that.

>> No.10054213

>>10054136
I'd rather be a box than an hourglass in this fashion! I'm about 35-27-36, so sadly I'm just a liiiiitle too busty for a lot of unshirred AP.
>>10054138
It would be better to be very thin obviously, but even when I was a bit heavier in the past (about 150 lb) I could still fit in quite a few brand pieces, my choices were just more limited.
>>10054147
Shirred or unshirred old Moitie? I assumed I was too big for it, but now I'm intrigued.

>> No.10054228

>>10054172
This my rule to anon!

>> No.10054238

>>10054212
You're very right on distribution. I weigh the same as you do at 169cm and I can fit a lot of tiny brands because I have a small and tapered ribcage and carry my weight in my ass and thighs. Another friend of mine is shorter and lighter but she can't wear the dresses I wear because she has a broad chest and waist. Unfortunately part of what you can wear is down to genetic luck but there are always alternatives and options.

>> No.10054240
File: 45 KB, 410x391, 1521918436777.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw tall (182cm) and overweight
I'm cursed

>> No.10054290

I'm 173 cm/5'8 and about 120-125 lbs and the only piece I've had that totally didn't fit was a very old AP floral dress marked size s. I do have to wear non padded bras with a lot of blouses however.

>> No.10054351

>>10054202

Ayrt, but I'm like 100 pounds. I'm supposed to weigh at least 20 pounds more for my height but I've been having trouble gaining weight despite eating a lot. Extremely high metabolism. My doctor suggested keeping a food diary and counting calories.

>> No.10054355

>>10054179

I would but I'm kinda shy....

>> No.10054453

>>10053980
He might say he is but I doubt it. I am 5cm taller than him and the day I met him, he was wearing high platforms and I was wearing heels, so if he was 173, the gap would have been 5cm or less. But he was breast height on me. I would guess him around Kaya’s length.

>> No.10054455

>>10054132
73kg at 6'. I fit into all IW, AP, btssb and aatp back shirred/partial shirred pieces that I own. Not fat, but not suuuuuuper skinny either. Just average I guess. I wear IW size large for unshirred things. Just depends on your body type so actually saying "what size do you have to be" is only so useful. It'll be different for everyone.

Also I hope this thread doesn't turn into another weight wank.

>> No.10054472

5”10, 143lbs, hourglass shape
Honestly on top of being tall I also have a wide ribcage and wide hips, my solution is to only wear jsks. It’s hard to tell a blouse isn’t fully buttoned up if you’re smart about it and cover it properly

>> No.10054515

>>10054351
Hey anon, you might have hypothyroid. I had the same issue as you and was diagnosed with it years ago and am currently getting treated for it. You're around the same weight as me.

>> No.10054555
File: 36 KB, 479x720, b9365127f272b40d038a829cb6101694.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10054179
http://rosanitida.blogspot.com/
I always really liked her when I was younger, but she seems to be no longer active.

>> No.10054557

>>10054114
Get over it and wear them anyway.

>> No.10054624
File: 485 KB, 800x1210, 1447271526308.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10054209
Well tbf, she is super pretty...

>> No.10054769
File: 42 KB, 400x480, 1534489600004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10054114

>> No.10054837

>>10054043
Here's some food for thought... If only short people can be "cute" in lolita, why are they always wearing platform shoes, tall headbows, large bonnets, big hair, in a blatant-- albeit probably subconscious-- effort to become less short? In the race to become the tallest, we have a head start (sometimes a whole head or even a head and a half).

>> No.10054884

Innocent World long length dresses all day erry day. They're amazing and look very flattering to me as I have fairly thick thighs and don't suit the short dress look very well.
I'm fairly thin and every brand has been fitting right for me except for Victorian Maiden (I have a dress of theirs that fits great but I also had to sell some others because of stuff like the chest "compartment" ending halfway down my actual chest). Waists that are supposed to be natural do end up a little higher on the ribcage for me, especially with OPs where I'm not able to get some of that extra strap length by moving the buttons, but it doesn't look unnatural or anything.

>> No.10055002

I'm 171 cm and my biggest issue is shoulder/arm length. I never have enough room to move my arms in brands like VM or Jane Marple even though I'm well beloew their measurments, so I avoid OPs at all cost. My proportions are also kind of fucked. I have a small waist compared to my bust (or rather ribcage), the waist is often too big and I have to use some kind of belt/corset etc. to balance that out. Other than that I'm good tho.

>> No.10055621

>>10053853
you would have to be a fat person to ask such a stupid question

>> No.10055624

>>10054240
me too anon!! you're not cursed, make it work.

>> No.10055631
File: 127 KB, 1024x1024, branther.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10054179
I was trying to find more photos of Branther but they've disappeared for some reason?
She's either 5'10 or 5'11 like me and I really appreciated her YT vids when I was starting out.

>I may or may not self-post if people want some inspo for the lovely awkward mix of chubby, busty, broad shouldered & heckin tall...

>> No.10055634
File: 364 KB, 1280x1477, tumblr_pbevm8hnI41utjmwdo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10055631
also, not sure but AS always seemed to be pretty tall

>> No.10055671

>>10055634
She is at least 5'9". I have met her.

>> No.10055711

>>10055671
Thanks!

>> No.10055774

>>10054769
>tfw you're tall, have dyed grey hair, also named Camilla and love wearing heels

>> No.10058334

>>10053820
>How do you do it?
I'm 1,80m.

Wear stuff that fits well. If everything fits but the skirt is short, it's not a huge deal. But when sleeves are short, waist too high, skirt too short, socks too low, etc. Then ti looks bad. Too small is not just circumference.

Custom sized is best, but some non-custom stuff can be worked with, sometimes with, sometimes without alteration. Dropped waists are heaven, but I even wore high waist dresses which end kinda like underbust (but not empire yet). It's goot to be aware of how stuff falls on your body (which also depends on actual shape), and work with it that way. Don't expect it to look the same as when small, flat, Asian girls wear it.

For short skirts, I wear either ankle socks or tights. It helps to distract from the length, were as OTK and UTK accentuate how long my legs are because of the halfway seem.

Some skirts/dresses are nice with underskirts, but not all. Be wary to not end up looking like you pasted the underskirt under just for length.

Shoes I fit a 245, so I can buy anywhere. I don't know anyone my length with bigger feet than a EU40, so I'm not sure why people assume tall people always need bigger than brand shoes (as that would fit the biggest brand size). Otherwise, some TaoBao stores carry bigger sizes. I always dis advice antainai. Even the Chinese don't want to wear them because they are uncomfortable. Try lolita stores who also make clothes instead, multiple have shoes every now and then. Otherwise, just randomly look at taobao. I've got some cheap ass lolita shoes for 13 euro from random stores before.

My biggest problem is sleeves. I either wear princess sleeves because they easily hide being short if they fall down (especially those who are open at the side are great), or I wear made to measure (which I prefer by far). I own only one not made to measure blouse nowadays, but it actually fits me well for once.

>> No.10058335

>>10053955
>I think the best thing for Tall Lolita’s is to find out what works for them.
This, but treads like this can give nice inspiration of things to try out.

>> No.10058490

>>10058334
>5'11
>wears 24.5 size shoe

omg how? I wear a 27.0 and am same height.
are you small-framed? I come from a family of large-build amazons so I guess that's why we need larger feet in order to move properly lel

>> No.10058568
File: 69 KB, 600x600, 72690309-94FD-44C5-9D30-B1FE23E7669C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Most of the brands don’t make shoes in my size, and I need shoes that are made to hold up to a lot of walking. How do people feel about some of the heeled Doc Martens models, like Darcie (pictured), Kendra, and Persephone?

>> No.10058592

>>10058568
Definitely good for gothic, probably good for classic, big no-no for sweet. The two in the top row look way better than those in the bottom row, too.

>> No.10058596

>>10058592
Good, I wear classic and I got the top right. If they don’t look good with my coords I’ll just wear them with my normie vintage outfits.

>> No.10058632

>>10054029
>>10054043
Fuck whoever told you that, really.
I've seen and met some 6'+ women who were amongst the most adorable people I've ever met.

>> No.10058636

>>10054022
I've actually always thought that larme looks good on tall people because of the focus on elegance. It may be hard to imagine because most larme models and bloggers are short but the magazine and brands are full of longer skirts that would hit neatly above the knee on >170cm people. There was also a time period where many western fast fashion stores carried larme-ish items.

>> No.10058778

>>10054043
literally every supermodel and high fashion model is 5'8" and taller. so.

>> No.10058780

>>10058568
Darcie is god-tier. I do think you could you sweet-classic with the white ones and some cute ribbons - the soles aren't as dark irl

>> No.10058786
File: 138 KB, 1337x1052, 1521663757926.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

any more tall lolitas on sm?

>> No.10059553

>>10055621
Were you high when you said this

>> No.10059696

>>10058568
>high heel authentic doc martens exist

I don't know you or have struggles with being tall, but my god, thank you anon

>> No.10059885

>>10054555
She posts on IG under @iiraliina

>> No.10059906

>>10058786
sm?

>> No.10059910

>>10059906
Social media

>> No.10059911
File: 28 KB, 450x299, 70A05B6F-5C4A-4BAE-9D8A-6E096F6D9D36.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10059696
There’s loads of high heel models! They made pumps, Mary Janes, t-bars etc. too

>> No.10059943

>>10058490
Looking at my bones, my shoulders and hips are above average, rest is normal width. I weight between 60-70kg and don't have much fat beside breast and hip/tight area.

I'm honestly always confused how all tall people complain about shoe sizes. My whole family, and many people I know, are tall, but only men have bigger feet than a JPN 25.0 max. Most local stores stop with woman shoes after the European equavilent of 26.0 even tho most of the country is tall (average is like 1,72m or so), and anything above 25.0 is already considered on the big side by many.

>> No.10062563

>>10058786

I am. Haven't posted in a while but I'd like to get back on Insta.

>> No.10062884

>tfw tall and large framed
Fuck you gulls for thinking i'm fat when i say i can't fit into unshirred brand.

>> No.10064328

>>10058334
I don’t think brand shoes will fit EU40/US9/UK7.
I wish.

>> No.10064380

>>10058490
I wear a 27.5 (US 11) and am 5’7... pour one out for my clown feet that can never fit brand

>> No.10064444

>>10064328
I wear a US 9 and have shoes from VM, Baby, and JetJ- basically their largest size of all fits just fine.

>> No.10067095

Kinda a feels post related to this but I’m a tall Lolita (5’9”) and I have always felt awful about my height, I used to be anorexic because I thought being super skinny would make up for my height (I’m recovered in weight but not in mindset), I’ve been told I look fine in Lolita but I honestly don’t believe it, I just feel so giant, and I feel like I’ll never be cute, I also cosplay and I’m always way to tall for the characters I cosplay, so no matter how much work I put in I can’t be accurate, idk it just bums me out :(

>> No.10067125

Also a tall lolita here - 5'11" or about 1.8m tall. I am also plus size (108cm bust, 89cm waist). I also have giant clown feet (10.5-11 US). It's genetic - I'm the shortest in my family, all the females are 6' or larger, and have 10, 11, even 12 US shoe size.

No matter how tall you are, you should always pay attention to overall shape and dress in silhouettes that actually flatter you. In lolita, what flatters is having the right shape, which generally means the proportions between your bodice, skirt, and legs. Since they are viewed together as a unit (i.e. your whole body), you want to make sure the distance between your shoulders -> waist, and waist > toes look proportionate. If you have a long waist but short legs, wear shorter skirts or high waisted dresses. If you're tall and have longer legs, wear drop waists and longer skirts. Regardless of your size, it always comes down to these proportions.

As a tall lolita into brands like AP and BtSSB, I love using underskirts: but don't just slap an underskirt on and call it a day. To be really successful at coording with an underskirt, you want it look like an extension of the skirt itself. For me, I try to match the edge of the skirt (the lace or the hem) with my underskirt color. For example, I have Melty Cream Donut in sax, and the edge lace is off-white, so I wear an off-white underskirt to make it seem like the skirt itself is longer.

As for legwear - some OTKs end up being UTKs because of my long legs. If the skirt is long enough to cover my knees, I don't really worry about it. If it's a shorter skirt, I always opt for tights or ankle socks. If you wear OTKs (or UTKs) and there's a slice of skin color between your skirt and your knees, the eye will be drawn to the contrast, which could make your skirt seem too short.

For my shoes - taobao or CCF.

>> No.10067127

>>10067125
Oh, also, don't mean to self post but if you want to check out my coords on SM I'm on insta as @suji_plays_dress_up. I'm not perfect, but I get it right sometimes.

>> No.10067449

>>10067127
I wanted to tell you I showed your insta to my friend and now she is all inspired to wear Luminous Sanctuary again. She gave up the dress with her length/build.

>> No.10067454

>>10053820
I actually prefer shorter dresses. I have more trouble with shoulder measurements from Japanese brands. That's why I never buy OPs.

>> No.10067579

>>10067449
Aww that’s so nice to hear!!

I did remove the button on the shoulder straps and sewed it to the very end of the strap, so the straps are longer. I also usually wear an underskirt with it to lengthen the skirt itself.

>> No.10067589

>>10067454
I own 4 OPs and my shoulder measurements are around 39cm. Look for the OPs that feature full back shirring or cap sleeves with elastic. Examples are AP Milky Swan, Melty berry princess, dreaming macaron, etc.

I also have an OP from the brand Lief in their XL size which has larger shoulder measurements. Haenuli also offers larger OP sizes.

>> No.10067610

Any pieces from mmm that would fit somebody who's 5'10?

>> No.10067625

>>10067610
Neo Gothic Arch in the long length definitely would.

>> No.10067676

>>10067610
I'm a tall lolita and I own the cross jsk and sleeping garden in the long cut.

>> No.10067718
File: 13 KB, 225x300, b85a921b-8d69-597f-be09-a5b116524901.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10067610
yes. neo gothic arch is very tall friendly, both short and long version of it, it has long waist. Sleeping garden and cross op both have long version as well. i own a few older dresses and they fit fine as well but i would suggest to avoid something very structured where you can not adjust the length of the top part of the dress.

>> No.10067822

>>10067625
>>10067676
>>10067718
Thanks for the replies! Reading this made me really happy, since neo gothic arch was always the print I was eyeing anyways...
Can I ask how long the long versions are on you?

>> No.10068223

>>10067610
We have the same length, but the long version of the Harpsichord OP should be fine on you as well. I think the Long versions in General should be fine as well.
Personally really want to try on the new Sleeping Garden, it looked way too long (and baggy) on the Chinese Models, so I feel like it might hit me on the waist this time.

>> No.10069328
File: 6 KB, 264x168, meta_shoes_sizing.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10064328
I wear US9 and EU39, my feet measure 245. Depending on the fit, I wear L or LL size. Here some shoes that are currently on Meta's website for show.

>> No.10071470

6ft ex lolita
Wish I’d seen this thread years ago jesus christ

>> No.10071483

>>10071470
It's not too late to come back and try again.

>> No.10074785

Women being insecure about their height has to be the most adorable thing ever.

>> No.10078996

Tfw no tall gf

>> No.10079094

I'm only 5' 6" and I always feel self conscious about the length of my skirts. I'm always worried people will think I'm trying to be 'sexy' but I just want to wear cute clothes damnit

>> No.10079105

>>10079094
5'6, while above average, is really fucking tiny lmao