[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 91 KB, 500x281, 4404015166_11c4530744_z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10052033 No.10052033 [Reply] [Original]

It's nearing that time of year. Talk about wardrobe posts or post your own wardrobe collages!

>Are you making a wardrobe post this year?
>Whose wardrobes do you want to see?
>Whose did you like from last year, and why?
>Do you have any special photo setups planned?
>How much did your wardrobe grow?
>Do you think there will be less posts again this year?
>Where will you post?

>> No.10052064

>>10052033
I am! I’m trying my hand at making a video instead of a photo post this time
There are a few people on instagram I’d really love to see (milkcircus, obsixwi) but mostly smaller accounts who I love seeing coords from
I think mahou-momo! Her photos were so clear and had great detail shots
Nothing particularly special, but I’m trying to make the shots at least a little interesting
I stayed at roughly the same number of main pieces, but really changed my style
I hope not! Lolita seems to be getting more popularity and I hope to see a lot of posts. Maybe there can be a single tag used this year? Just so they can all be found in one place
>Where will you post?
Instagram

>> No.10052105

I'm panning on doing a year end closet cleaning to make my wardrobe more cohesive! Maybe while I take seller pics I'll do my whole wardrobe...

>> No.10052106

>>10052105
*planning
How do people prefer photos? On dress forms? As coords? Flatlays?

>> No.10052107

>>10052033
It will be my first post and I will try, but most likely deliver way too late because there's still too much in the mail and even more to photograph. I'm also kind of embarrassed by my lack of typical lolita shoes despite having such a huge wardrobe.

All the old and new oldschool lolitas. Like the other anon said, there are a lot of smaller accounts that I'd be interested in too. Also a few people from LM who seem to have great taste.

Oof, there were a lot of nice ones. I appreciated everyone who also arranged coords and the few Moitiefags who posted.

I'd like to do close-up detail shots, full shots and coords for each main piece. Maybe even short gifs? In january I noted down a lot of ideas and things I liked about wardobe posts of the previous years, I'll have to find those notes again, haha.

More than a half in numbers. I also put a lot of focus on accessoires and cutsews this year.

Yes. I think a lot more people will post on IG with inferior picture quality. I also feel like the number of active lolitas is declining every year, but that might just be me.

>Where will you post?
Livejournal

>> No.10052122

>>10052033
I'm going to try! I've moved and don't have a great place for photos anymore though.
All the goths. All of them.
See above. Because I'm a black loving spook.
Sadly no. No dress form, I'll be lucky to find a place with decent lighting to spread a sheet.
Not much, but I thinned out a few pieces because they weren't quite what I wanted.
Less on LJ, more on other platforms.
>Where will you post?
LJ.

>> No.10052131

>>10052106
I like flatlays

>> No.10052133

I am. I wanted to last year but my photos go corrupted.
I just put my clothes on my bed.
Got a lot more accessories, bags, and shoes.
No.
>Where will you post?
I wanna try LJ and Instagram.

>> No.10052138
File: 213 KB, 500x804, MP-JSK6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Definitely! I've done it each year since I started in 2013 (well, starting in 2012 but yeah)

Anyone whose blog I follow (really wish Lolita Wonderland would do one again!), and there was this one girl who had a wardrobe that was basically a single outfit in I think 2015 and I've really enjoyed watching hers develop over the years. I also love seeing any wardrobe in any style that's photographed really aesthetically.

Bonniviwii (or however you spell it) was my favourite, it was just so pretty to look at.

Not yet, but I want to do something good! I did my best post in 2016 (see attached) and would like to top it in terms of aesthetics...but we'll have to see how that goes.

Quite a bit! I bought five new main pieces this year and a bunch of supplementary items as well, which is big for me, especially since they're all brand except for one custom-made OTT piece.

Probably there will be less of LJ, but people will do them elsewhere. Much as I don't use LJ anymore I did like having this all centralised.

>Where will you post?
LJ, and I'll link to that on my blog.

>> No.10052297

>>10052033
>>Are you making a wardrobe post this year?
I’m trying! I live in a part of a world where the sun rises at 7am and sets at 5pm and only have one west facing window in my home, so even without my busy work/school schedule I only have a few decent hours (when it’s not shorty and cloudy outside) that I have decent lighting in my room to take photos. HopefuyI finish in time, even if it’s just my main pieces.
>>Whose wardrobes do you want to see?
No one in particular except for my comm. I love seeing what the girls in my comm have! It’s so interesting to see what we all have in common, or where our tastes differ! I love seeing all wardrobes, I don’t care too much on who posts them desu
>>Whose did you like from last year, and why?
Again, I don’t really care about who has what, I just like seeing everyone’s individual tastes! It’s a lot of fun and helps me think of ideas for my own coords and future wardrobe pieces
>>Do you have any special photo setups planned?
Like I said upwards I’m fighting against schedule, time and light, I don’t have big plans but I at least like to add blouses to my jumperskirts and skirts. That way an idea of my style is portrayed with my blouses without having an extra item to photograph and post.
>>How much did your wardrobe grow?
Last year I had about 50 items. I’ve sold or are selling 20 items this past year, and have bought about 20 items to replace them, so it’s changed a bit. If anything, I’ve gotten rid of more prints or flashier items and replaced them with more stuff I can wear easier on the daily.
>>Do you think there will be less posts again this year?
There are never less posts, they just go places other then LJ
>>Where will you post?
LJ as long as it’s not buggy for me. Otherwise I will post/cross post to my IG. It’s just annoying that for there I have to break things up because of the photo limit. I can’t even collage 60+ items into a 10 image collage.

>> No.10052443

>>10052033
>>Are you making a wardrobe post this year?
Yes!
>>Whose wardrobes do you want to see?
The EGA posters and gothic/classic ones.
>>Whose did you like from last year, and why?
A lot of them. I like seeing pieces I didn't know about, aren't on Lolibrary or have shit pixelated pics on LB, especially 1999 - 2005 MmM.
>>Do you have any special photo setups planned?
I just moved and have yet to decide what room have the least yellow lighting/yellow walls, day light is currently at like 8 am to 3 am so that's out of the question.
>>How much did your wardrobe grow?
I'll be spending the winter holidays in Japan, enough said. I also just moved in with my daily lolita girlfriend so it's her wardrobe as well this time.
>>Do you think there will be less posts again this year?
On LJ, yes. On social media in general, no.
>Where will you post?
LJ, with some detail photos to IG. I want to take up blogging so MAYBE there.

>> No.10052445

>>10052443
*3 PM

>> No.10052672

No, I don't have the time/energy for these anymore. The last time I did one was about 4 years ago.
Anyone with huge classic collections.
I'm not good at remembering usernames... Overall, I like those with a cohesive style or theme, to discover new pieces to add to my wishlist and getting inspiration for my own coords.
I used to lay out everything on my bed, non-main items went into group shots, 2 extra lamps for good lightning and photoshop editing. Took pictures with my DSLR, it was all very time consuming.
It went from about 50 main pieces to about 90 since the last time I made a wardrobe post.
Probably. Lj keeps dying, newbies aren't used to it, "old" lolitas with huge wardrobes stopped caring about it after posting theirs a few times.
>Where will you post?
I won't.

>> No.10052696

>>10052033
Yes! My first time actually! I'm quite excited.
Whomever's i can
I forgot who, but she had an impressively huge kuro wardrobe!
I think i'm going to do just flatlays because i'm too lazy to struggle with my dressform
Basically from 2 to about 20 main pieces
I have no fricking idea
>Where will you post?
I think instagram first, and then compile it all on tumblr.

>> No.10052711
File: 639 KB, 1506x1600, 1494632271115.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Probably, I have a lot (by my standards) so it may be just the highlights. I like to focus on the details. Last year was the first year I skipped since starting.
I always enjoy themed and curated collections since my tastes are all over the place
I can't recall particular ones
No other than I upgraded my bedding this year so it will be nicer for pictures. I also might do a companion YT video for detail shots.
It didn't, I actually downsized a bit which I'm happy about. Last year was the year for exponential growth.
Unfortunately yes. The internet is moving to quick consumption Instagram posts and lolita's golden years are over imo...
>Where will you post?
Livejournal for nostalgia's sake and somewhere else for if/when it inevitably goes offline.

pic unrelated

>> No.10052738

>>10052033
>are you making a post this year?
Maybe. My wardrobe has expanded greatly in the last year. I really want to make a wardrobe post but don’t have the room to do it.
>whose do I want to see/whose did you like last year?
Not sure, I don’t really follow e-famous Lolita’s anymore
>do you have photos planned?
No, but I may just make a video to scan through my wardrobe
>how much did your wardrobe grow?
A LOT. I lived in japan for exchange and bought a lot of clothes
>do you think there will be less posts again?
Yes, it’s daunting for noobs, and tiring for long timers.
>where will you post?
Not sure since tumblr is going to shit... maybe instagram?

>> No.10052797

I'm going to try! It's officially overtime season for me at work so I hope I won't be posting it too late.
I love seeing them all honestly. I prefer higher quality pictures though, those are the best posts.
I liked the posts with large pictures and detail shots! There were quite a few last year.
I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. My first two years posting I made coordinate flat lays and I always go back to those photos for coordinate planning. I'm thinking I might do that again because it looked better than the dressform I think.
I honestly don't know, I think it's my usual amount.
I don't think so.
>Where will you post?
LJ and my personal blog. I just post links on my other social media.

>> No.10052805

Yes, I sold some and bought some more, and i like having updated catalogs. I go back to my old posts fairly often.
obsixwi, tealmenagerie, bonniviwi (sp?), and the sweet lolita collectors
I can't recall much, but I did like one of the girls who had a good amount of fantastic handmade items.
No, I'll do the same floor layout I did last year. I have a nicer camera now, so my lighting won't be hard to manage.
I think I sold as much as I bought, so it'll be comparable to last year.
Of course. Wardrobe posts take plenty of effort.
>Where will you post?
Livejournal.

I am planning to add a section to my wardrobe post for my own reference, where I'm going to try and recall how I managed to get each dress. I look at my closet now and I'm not as excited as I used to be. Some dresses were dream items, and now that I have them... I think they're just dresses. I need to recall how much work I did for each one, how long I waited, and why I wanted it. I'd also like to think of items to add to my collection next year.

>> No.10052820

>>10052033
I'm making a wardrobe post! My favorite ones are the ones that don't have much offbrand. Those small ones with mostly taobao are so disappointing. I love small, cohesive brand wardrobes, so my favorite one was the girl who only posted a handful of gathered chiffon jsks that's she's had custom altered

My wardrobe is average sized, nothing special. But I love the tradition. Obviously going to put it on LJ and hopefully others do, too!

>> No.10053102

>>10052105
I like dress form coords

>> No.10053331

>>10052820
>My favorite ones are the ones that don't have much offbrand. Those small ones with mostly taobao are so disappointing.

Same anon. I open them, but really just skim and close.

>> No.10053342

I am! After finals I’m going to take a day to photograph my items for it.
I like seeing everyone’s wardrobe posts but I really like wardrobes which feature my favorite styles and motifs the most.
I can’t remember a particular wardrobe post I liked, to be honest.
Just lying things on my bed and photographing them when the sun is bright enough to have good lighting in my room.
Not much but I have gotten a few dream pieces this year which is really nice.
I don’t think so but I do think they’ll be harder to find since many people have moved on from LJ to other platforms and now they’re just scattered all over the place.
>Where will you post?
Instagram, I would like to post on LJ someday but I feel like my wardrobe isn’t impressive or big enough to post there.

>> No.10053384

I want to do a wardrobe post, but I only started wearing lolita this year and I dont have many pieces and very little accessories since I don't make a lot of money, and want to buy only brand.. Would it still be worth it or would it just look silly?

>> No.10053606

>>10053384
Small wardrobe posts are fine! I enjoy looking at them, esp if it looks like it's well-curated and the person looks like they have a direction they're going in. It's also good for yourself for documentation purposes!

>> No.10053657

>>10053384
Do it, it's fun to see progress as it grows and I'd rather see small posts then no posts at all. This is what keeps the community active!

>> No.10053694

Probably not
Everyone's, I really enjoy wardrobes that have 2010-2012 AP dresses
I don't remember lol
Nah
Too fucking much. Moving to Japan has been a blessing and a curse.
Probably about the same.
>Where will you post?
If I do decide to do a wardrobe post, it'll probably be on Instagram

>> No.10055419

>>10053384
DO IT. I did my first couple of years and it’s been so sweet looking back. Now my wardrobe is big enough I don’t want to bother AND is split between two countries.

>> No.10056654

What platform should we use? I don't feel like going back to LJ. Also is it worth it if my wardrobe has 10 pieces?

>> No.10056793

>>10052820
As a counter I actually love seeing wardrobes that have really well selected offbrand items, even if it's a lot of them. It's great to see items that work with lolita gathered for unexpected sources.

>>10056654
LJ (or another blogging platform that's not tumblr) tends to be best for layout and longevity reasons. Start a lolita blog! Come to the dark side!

And yes, totally worth posting a 10 piece wardrobe IMO

>> No.10059551

>>10052805

>>I am planning to add a section to my wardrobe post for my own reference, where I'm going to try and recall how I managed to get each dress. I look at my closet now and I'm not as excited as I used to be. Some dresses were dream items, and now that I have them... I think they're just dresses. I need to recall how much work I did for each one, how long I waited, and why I wanted it. I'd also like to think of items to add to my collection next year.

This is such a great Idea, I feel the same way about my dresses and I do miss hyping about them. Will that section be in the LJ post or do you have a blog or something?

>> No.10059556

To the ones who post their wardrobes on Instagram. How? Like 50 separate posts with dresses or like one post with many pictures or one post that is a collage?

>> No.10059563

>>10059556
I put my picture in a collage.

>> No.10059574

>>10059556
I’m posting mine in 3 parts, mostly divided by brand, except the last part will include my newest pieces which has a mix of brands, one dress came in today and 2 more should come in by the 1st. Otherwise the rest of my dresses are photographed and the first 2 posts are already ready to be posted on my IG.

I also have most of my LJ post saved as a draft ready to be edited and posted as soon as the last dress comes in.

>> No.10059594

Every year I say I will and never do but my wardrobe has really exploded over the last year and a half and I really want to try my best to finally do the damn thing.

On IG specifically:
Ailes.Grises
tofuhopper
thewickedpumpkin
lockedtofucar
plentifulpie
honeypockets
frillbiddy
milkyteadolly
thingsweneverdid
Kaguhana
Choconokecha
Josinemaaike
positori
Misfortuneee

Don’t really remember but I guess Lor’s wardrobe video last year because it featured a few pieces I wanted but hadn’t seen in person or enough shots of to convince myself to go after.

Trying to decide if I want to take the time to put together coords for each main piece on a dressform or rush through it and just do simple flatlays.

I had 8 main pieces and very few accessories, blouses, and OTKs last year. This year I have 20 main pieces, plenty of blouses, boleros, accessories, OTKs and tons of headwear.

If referring to only LJ entries then yes, definitely. Or around the same as last year at most.

>Where will you post?
Instagram. I have an old LJ account but it’s just too daunting and a hassle to mess with.

>> No.10059603

>>10059556
I'm planning to add mine into highlights so it's easy to find and view if someone is later intrested. I'm probably going to do the challenge which is going around so I will probably post few things in my actual feed also.

>> No.10059616

>>10059551
It's going to be part of the LJ post, under a section header so that people can stop reading there if they want. I don't want to bore anyone with my ramblings!

>> No.10059617

>>10059603
There's a challenge going around? Mind sharing the gist of it, my insta is in dire need of some content.

>> No.10059619
File: 92 KB, 960x960, FB_IMG_1545061105410.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10059617
Here you go, anon! Idk if it is too much to shoot whole wardrobe and these smaller challenges but I guess it's alright if I don't put all of it into my feed. I think I will post the favorite items in my feed and everything esle goes into highlights.

>> No.10059945

I am going to attempt it for the first time.

No one really stands out to me this year, maybe:
thingsweneverdid
obsixwi
and more goth/kuro accounts

My memory is very bad of last years... they all begin to blend together.

Maybe just flay lays? I have debated buy a dressform, but I don't really have the space right now.

Hard to say since I switched out a lot of main pieces as well as buying. I think I have between 30-40 main pieces currently? Though I don't think I will include pieces I want to sell.

Probably, it's a daunting task in itself and there is not really a central place anymore.

>Where will you post?
Instagram, maybe amino.... I have not used Live Journal in YEARS.

>> No.10059997

No
thingsweneverdid, voldiee, robotic_girl, and dreamy_sweetie. i want to see funkbrothers, but he's tight lipped on stuff
vinterspets. The undivided praise for Mana.
I got promoted this year so I bought ~10 dresses and 8 blouses. Untold amount of accessories.
Yes

>> No.10060699

>>10052033
Time and weather permitting, I need to prep and prepare ~200 photos though so I might just not have time.
I don't think I'm looking forward to anyone specific, a lot of the big wardrobes haven't changed much since previous years.
I like wardrobes with a really cohesive theme even though mine isn't, like the all-black wardrobes or the cat wardrobes.
Nope.
Maybe a dozen new main pieces, a few outers, a few pairs of shoes? I sold some old bags and blouses though.
Maybe, since so many people are posting elsewhere.
>Where will you post?
EGL.

>> No.10060910

Maybe. Probably, but might just be main pieces and then accessory/shoe collage
Gothic and Classic with good brand closets, though I look at the ones with lots of Sweet brand too. I skim over the taobao stuff, not interested.
Don’t remember, I think it’s bedn 2 years since I paid attention to wardrobe posts but I’m interested again this year.
Dress form, lights, a frame on the wall, smaller frame for accessory flat lay
Not by that much but all really good main pieces, I’m at the point of quality over quantity because I have a good wardrobe size for my everyday needs now so I’m pickier and my taste is for more fancy things.
Yes for sure on LJ because more people are posting other places instead, I think LJ should have a master post with link option at the end of January for those that did not post there to include their link.
>Where will you post?
Not sure yet, I’m debating if it’s time to make my own website for lolita and just start sharing to rather than posting directly on social media sites. I’ll post on Instagram for some but I probably won’t neglect LJ entirely. I’m over tumblr completely and mostly over fb too except to share posts and read group things.

>> No.10068929

Happy new year gulls, first wardrobe post is up on LJ

>> No.10069063

I would really like to! I think my wardrobe is a respectable enough size to be interesting.
I like seeing all of them, personally. It’s interesting what other people’s styles are
petitpilaf, my current favorite that isn’t fanny. I’m a sucker for classic
My main issue is that there’s maybe one place in my house that gets good lighting that I can see myself using for photos, and it’s the dining room.
A lot. I got lolita for graduating grad school, my boyfriend got me lolita for Christmas, and I managed to win that MM pack on y!japan around thanksgiving. I’ve been elated, now I just need more accessories!
It might be more spread out, but not necessarily less. We should definitely get a consistent tag for Instagram since it seems many lolitas will be posting there
>Where will you post?
Livejournal, probably. I don’t really specify my Instagram as a lolita Instagram, so while I might put a blurb there it seems strange to have that be the primary spot for me.

>> No.10069070

Link wardrobe posts (yours or others') here please!

>> No.10069100

just started, 30 dresses in and I'm wondering if this is even worth it. How is everyone else faring?

>> No.10069102

Are people still interested in posts at the end of January? I have so much beautiful stuff in the mail, I'd like to wait until they arrive.

>> No.10069120

>>10069102
Yeah, honestly the board is so dead it doesn't really matter how late something is desu, but end of Jan is still on time

>> No.10069514

Wardrobe challenge posts on instagram are coming in, too many bitches in dresses. I want to see the clothes not your derpy face

>> No.10069516

>>10069100
I'm like 50 images in, ffffff. So many more to go. I'm about to give up

>> No.10069574

>>10069514
I'm disappointed how no one I follow has taken the time to photograph the dresses and just use stockphotos or coord pics. Idk but it's just not the same.

>> No.10069579

>>10069574
Check the tag for better ppl to follow then

>> No.10069761

>>10069516
Please don't. It seems like you, the other anon and me are the only ones who'll even bother on livejournal.

>> No.10069777

I'm thinking of making a wb post, my wb is small though so part of me wonders if its even worth it/won't seem ridiculous...

and my dress form is back at my parents so I'd be doing flat lays or have my dresses hanging on my closet or something.

is it even considered worth it if you don't have like 20 main pieces?

>> No.10069810

>>10069777
I'd love to see it anon!

>> No.10069817

>>10069810
Aww that's actually really encouraging, thank you!

I think I'll have a go at it then, all in all it's always good practice, and I'll be able to look back on it years later with a much bigger and hopefully better wb

>> No.10069852

>>10069100
I'm gonna try to power through all of it on the weekend (when the weather's supposed to be actually sunny) and dreading it more every moment...

>> No.10069890

I was thinking of doing a post because I need to take a bunch of proof pics for my sales.
Would it be ok to do a "saying goodbye to" part where I include the pictures of these pieces or would that be obnoxious?
And if it's not obnoxious, I should probably post after the pieces are sold, yes? Otherwise it feels like a sales thread/ad?
I don't want people to get the wrong idea.

>> No.10069925

I'm skipping out on doing a wardrobe post this year because I only got like 3 new dresses since last year but I've already been refreshing LJ religiously to see others' closets and it's still only that one post that's up. It makes me sad, I know everybody's using IG now but I hate that format for this. Even worse when they upload collages, as if the pictures weren't already tiny enough. I want to see some high-res dress details dammit!

>> No.10070008

>>10069890
It's completely fine, several people have included stuff they'll sell soon at the end of their posts for the past years.

>> No.10070031

>>10069761
I'm going to get there in like a week. I just hate how out of control my wardrobe is but I wear lolita about 4 times a week so it's not like I'm hoarding. Just not selling much

>> No.10070032

>>10069100
i did a video instead, was long but much easier than individual photos

>> No.10071189

Mine will take a while, but hopefully I'll finish it by monday! I don't have many known dresses, though. I'll try to take details shots.

>> No.10071618

>still only one post
The insta challenge was a mistake.

>> No.10071623

>>10071618
question-- do the people who do the wardrobe posts usually do them every year?

my thing is i have a wardrobe around 60 main pieces and not much has changed aside from buying stuff here and there. it doesn't feel worth it rephotographing the other 50-some things that haven't changed even though i'd like to participate.

>> No.10071628

>>10071618
I've actually started a wardrobe post because of the insta challenge - I think it'll take me another week to get everything photographed as I want to try and keep the lighting consistent.

>>10071623
Some people do 'this is what has changed' and link to their older post, or photograph things in a different way (e.g. there was someone who did groups of dress by theme/brand)

>> No.10071647

>>10071618
I'm working on one! Like >>10071628, the wardrobe challenge has been keeping me on track.

>> No.10071690

>>10071618
I've seen a few wardrobe posts pop up on Amino. It's not LJ but it's a similar enough format.

>> No.10071919

>>10071618
My birthday is in late January so I usually try to post then, and starting to take photos during the holidays, but I've been down with a cold so I haven't had the energy to start yet

>> No.10072065

>>10071618
Working on mine. I feel like some larger wardrobes might roll in later during the month, it takes more time to photograph+edit.

>> No.10072116

>>10052033
Yes, for the first time actually. I'm finally happy with my wardobe in terms of wearing them and reflecting stuff I like.
People I know in real life mainly, otherwise general interest for people who wear gothic and or some classic.
Didn't watch too many, only those of some friends really. Wanna check out more this year.
I've got a room for my clothes alone, and a mannequin. But other than that not much.
I sold almost all I began with over the past time, and bought new stuff, over the past two years. Wardobe is small even tho I wear lolita for 3/4 years because of that. I never made a wardobe post before tho, so I don't think it matters much.
I guess. More people seem to do that chalange now, but honestly, I loved the "have a look in their closet" feel of a normal wardobe post. I hope it doesn't dissapear.
>Where will you post
Tumblr. Other then general FB and /cgl/ I don't do that much concerning lolita on social media. I own an instagram but only use it for following some tattoo artist, and Twitter for some give aways and following public traffic news in winter. Otherwise I only got FB for social stuff, and Tumblr for posting stuff. I've got an old LJ account, but I've never really been active on it. Actually, I already posted, but as I'm rather inactive so I'm not sure if many people even notice. But as I see no one really linking their own posts I don't want to self-post as I'm not sure if that's the intention or just discuss about it.

>> No.10072117

>>10052106
I preffer dress form/mannequin. Then I can see worn shape better, and with that, get a better idea how it looks in real life without having a certain coord or style attached, just the item. I actually don't like videos, and preffer the old-fashioned long list of stuff as I can calmly look at the photo's in my own tempo and way, calmly, zooming in on details if I want, without people talking and showing off how great it is. I kinda like the feeling as if I'm calmly checking out someones warobe.

>>10069890
Personally I excluded stuff I'm trying to sell or wanna sell soon and only posted the rest. But if it's only a few items I don't mind them included either.

>> No.10072208

>>10072116
Post to LJ!

>> No.10072214

>>10069925
>I want to see some high-res dress details dammit!
This.

I know mine will end up being late again because of work. I'm guessing others are similar story so I hope we see more at the end of the month.

>> No.10072220

My wardrobe is pretty small with like six brand mains and the rest bodyline and indie from my country, should i make a post too?

>> No.10072227

>>10072220
Yes of course anon! I personally don't care about bodyline, but I'd love to see more indie brands!

>> No.10072233

This is my first year actually wearing lolita and getting deeply into it, so I only have a few main pieces and even less full coords. I'm not making a post but I still want to document what I had at the end of 2018 to compare it to the end of 2019 and other years and see how much it grows!

>> No.10072240

>>10072116
>>10072233
Please make wardrobe posts on LJ! Anything is better than nothing

>> No.10072415

>>10072220
>>10072233
Please post to LJ! I'm really sad about the really low number of posts so far... (I mean, so says me who hasn't even started photographing things yet)

>> No.10072464

>>10072208
>>10072240
I guess I can copy paste the tumblr one onto LJ and post the full thing there too. I haven't used it in ages because of the little activity compared to other places, but I'll check if I can remember my log-in stuff.

>> No.10072485

So now we have two and a... half? posts there.Keep on posting, everyone!

>> No.10074946

How is everyone doing?
A few more popped up already, I really love gotadebaunilha's and psycho-science's clear detail shots.

>> No.10074987

>>10072415
Anon from >>10072233
I think I will just because you said to c: It'll be really disappointing but I already have lots more coming in the mail!

>> No.10076684

Kek @ the people who posted mannequin coords for day 6. The absolute state of lolita "fashion".

>> No.10076692

>>10076684
>needing to photograph every coord you wear like it's a costume
>this conlita mentality
the absolute state of lolita fashion

>> No.10076701

>>10076692
>not taking a picture of your FAVORITE coord
>not putting on your FAVORITE coord for the contest
I see someone is projecting again.

>> No.10076707

>>10076701
This. If I'm really proud of my coord I'l document it to inspire myself in the future.

>> No.10077498

>>10072065
Yep. My wardrobe takes up the entire second bedroom of my place, so it takes me a long time to photograph everything and edit the pics. I'm about 1/4 of the way through my main pieces, so far. It's just so time consuming, even though I started in December... I'm half a step away from just throwing the towel in and failing to post my wardrobe, yet again. LOL

>> No.10079137

>>10077498
You can do it! I'm feeling disheartened myself since it was raining all of today which ruined any opportunity to take photos with decent lighting. I think I'm about 2/3 through main pieces...seems like forever, and I might just give up on the rest.

>> No.10079371

How many main pieces is ideal for you, anons?

I'm about to start photographing my wardrobe (would have started WAY sooner, but life was too hectic) and honestly I'm kind of dreading it. I have 76 main pieces, probably 30 blouses, tons of accessories, etc. If I get too stressed then I'll just do a post that includes main pieces, but I'd like to try to do it all, but damn, it's daunting... I used to think my ideal was 45, but it's incredible how quickly that number got lost with cheap secondhand and how many nice solids have been released lately.

>> No.10079643

>>10079371
I think the largest my closet ever got to was 50+ main pieces (mostly JSKs and a couple of skirts/OPs) - then I moved countries and it made me take a good look at what I was and wasn't keeping. Because I can't wear most of my pieces at work I've been trying to keep it <30, but over the last couple of years I've snuck out to 35. For someone who's a weekend/days off-lita with other styles that I'm into, it's more than enough really.
If you're really overwhelmed, do dress and skirt donuts for your main pieces, and fold your blouses to show the details and take them in group photos.

>> No.10079645

Weather has been shit here in the midwest so I'm so fucking behind on pics. Gah.

>> No.10079655

I noticed some of you on egl locked your entries so only members can see them. why?

>> No.10079745 [DELETED] 

>>10079645

Fellow Midwesterner. It’s been so fucking gloomy I could barely take outfit pics in the middle of the afternoon never mind detailed shots of a black dress. Let’s cry together.

>> No.10079768

>>10079745
That feel, my wardrobe is 90% black and there have only been a couple of sunny enough days to take photos in my cave of an apartment. And it looks like we're getting more snow here soon fucking damn.

Petition to move wardrobe season to summer?

>> No.10079816

>>10079371
30 is my max. After that I feel like it'll be too much of a chore

>> No.10079821

>>10079371
I used to think 30 was my ideal number but when I started to make more money I ended up with 78 main-pieces. It gave me some sort of anxiety/made me feel unhappy so I tried to make several capsule wardrobes with what I had to try to figure out which pieces are most versatile. It made closet cleaning so much fun. Now I have 32 main-pieces and desu I want even less to save space and so I will wear what I have more often.

>> No.10079836

>>10079371
Around 20 - 25 is ideal for me. At one point I had twice that but looking at my wardrobe gave me anxiety because there was so much I didn’t wear. I Sort of konmari’d my dresses and I have no regrets. There were certain dresses that made me happiest or I could coordinate easily that I gravitated towards all the time. It felt good to get rid of the fluff. The extra space and cash were nice too.

After the pieces culling the other parts of my wardrobe was easy because I could sell anything that didn’t match any main pieces anymore.

I’m not a daily lolita, more like weekly or once in a while, so 20 dresses is more than enough for me.

>> No.10079855

>>10079371
Ideal? Ideally it's enough that I have the space for. I don't really have a number goal because I like having options. I never have to worry about anything being in the mail still for an upcoming event or concern over an item being too simple or too dressy. I can always find something to wear. I have no problem keeping items I love. I don't understand why it's necessary to wear them so often as some people seem obsessed with. I wear it when it suits the occasion. Obviously my more casual dresses will get more use, but that doesn't mean I should sell my fancier dresses. I'm not going to sell my wedding dress, why would I sell my fancier event dresses?

>> No.10079953

>>10079655
Assuming they want privacy or are uncomfortable with sharing their closets with strangers.

It really sucks for those of us who just want to see nice wardrobes, but it's their choice.

>> No.10079956

>>10079745
Another Midwestern here. There's been like...one day of good sunlight lol.

>> No.10079976

>>10076692
I love taking pics of most of my coords, purely for my own sake of getting to see how my styles and tastes change over time. Also, taking photos of my coords actually helps me remember what I was doing that day when looking back.

I post them bc that's the easiest way to arrange and collect them for me personally, but also maybe it'll give someone else an idea or something idfk.

>> No.10085195

I'm almost done gulls... I just have one more section left.

How's everyone else doing?

>> No.10085226

>>10085195
I've done dresses, need to do skirts and I'll probably do group shots for accessories, shoes and blouses or just not post them.

>> No.10085245

>>10085195
Got most of my new main pieces photographed, on to blouses and accessories when it's sunny again. I'll start cropping and editing in the meantime.

>> No.10085803

>>10085195
need to photograph skirts, socks, shoes and accessories. wish me luck gulls

>> No.10087423

Why did someone feel the need to add a replica into their wardrobe post? Why would you want to advertise that? It's not surprising they have hardly any comments.

>> No.10087440

>>10087423
I also thought that might have been the shitty photos...

>> No.10089959

Any favourites from the challenge or actual posts? I'm in love with the full moitie wardrobe, and really liking how some people displayed shoes/accessories on instagram for the challenge. I'm going to give up and just post my main pieces, I think.

>> No.10090024

>>10089959
How did people display them on Instagram?

>> No.10093547

>>10089959
I'm a diehard gothic lolita but bonniviwii's post is super visually pleasing.

>> No.10093574

I might as well. I initially wasn't because i felt my wardrobe is too small, but I've changed my mind. I'll do it when all my stuff comes in. Likely in mid feb.
Everyone with hospitality doll in black so i can be reminded of all the times i missed out on it. Other than that, anybody with a ton of meta or moitie.
I don't remember usernames.
No. I don't have a nice camera or a pretty room so eh.
I'm in the process of building a wardrobe so it grew a whole lot.
I'd imagine people with large wardrobes who haven't added much in the last year might pass on posting. I don't know.
>Where will you post?
Instagram. Nobody will see it anyways since i have never used my account for anything but lurking.

>> No.10093642

>>10090024
Shoe donuts

>> No.10093656

Wished we could post wardrobes up to late february instead of just in january.
I really wanted to make a post but didn't even get the chance to take proper pictures cause the natural light in my room sucked on every day I didn't had to work.

>> No.10093659

>>10093656
I mean, egl is dead af so no-one will care if you post into February. Look at every previous year, there's always "belated wardrobe" posts.

>> No.10093698 [DELETED] 

>>10093656

I'm doing that. It's so dead anyways no one will care. I'm certainly more than ok with that, it's just a nice way for me to document my clothing in a controlled setting without the different lighting of stock photos throwing me off.

>> No.10093874

>>10093656
I'm also posting in February. I haven't been home with my closet for a month and I'm still stuck away from it for the better half of February. If no one sees it, oh well. I use it throughout the year, so I find the process worth it.

>> No.10096201

Bumping for lateposters, you guys are still working on it right?

>> No.10096233

>>10096201
Yeah I'll make a post for Feb, my wardrobe is a little too big so I'm trying to Marie Kondo things before posting.

>> No.10098910

>>10096201
I am, but I'm going to be super late. At least two more weeks before I even see my wardrobe sadly. Luckily I finished all my main pieces, I just want to get all my blouses and extras.

>> No.10103181

Are you lateposters going to get it done before the end of February or just give up?

>> No.10104340

>>10096201
lol yup, working on editing

>> No.10104506

>>10103181
I plan to, though I'm >>10098910 so I'm almost done, just waiting to return home. I'm still enjoying seeing all the other late posters though, there's been quite a few. More than there was last year.

>> No.10115063

Any tips on how to sort the dresses? I tried with colour but I have so many multicolored dresses that I don't know what belongs where.

>> No.10115070

>>10115063
By theme if you have a lot of prints.

>> No.10115077

>>10115063
I do by cut, then color personally.

>> No.10115079

>>10115070
Oh good idea、like animals、sweets etc?