[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 94 KB, 500x500, 62797053-625F-4E1D-AEEC-38A70E124E2B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10022706 No.10022706 [Reply] [Original]

Have you ever happened to drastically ruin your brand? For the Halloween eve tell the scariest horror stories that happened to your pretty possessions.

>> No.10022716

Once I spilled red kool aid on my dreaming macaron skirt, which is yellow. i got it mostly out but the stain is faintly there.

>> No.10022718
File: 43 KB, 480x480, e8a8b15a-e458-58ad-99cb-48a664e3a270.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Very minor horror story but I've broken this ring twice, which sucks because lolita designers love sticking crosses on everything so it's easy to match with. I snagged it and broke it, bought another one, and broke that one a few months later, then they stopped selling it. All my other rings are fine, this one is cursed.

>> No.10022725
File: 372 KB, 495x900, welp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tried taking this VM OP from white to ivory and this was the result of the first attempt.

Luckily I lifted most of this out to a pink based ivory but I did a lot of crying laughter of disbelief until then.

>> No.10022727

Once I tried to remove a stain from my ETC bag with alcohol, but little did I know alcohol melts vegan leather, so I ended up with even bigger nasty blob. It was heartbreaking experience especially since initial spot was barely noticeable.

>> No.10022729
File: 100 KB, 280x373, 31e3297d-72e8-5433-957b-b1b56f13e074.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Left my precious AP heart bag hanging on my door hook with the rest of my bags. Didn't realize all the weight of the bags were on the AP bag's strap.
After a month or to I decided to re arrange my bags. when I pulled the heart bag off last, a whole chunk of the pleather on the strap stuck to the hook and came clean off.
It was already peeling slightly before but now its super noticeable.
I'm devastated because it's my favorite bag

>> No.10022756

>>10022725
It doesn't look too bad.

>> No.10022759

>>10022718
Wow. Mine broke off too and I lost it. Currently hunting for it again.

>> No.10022832

>>10022725
Thats a nice colour tho!

>> No.10022836

i was on acid and playing in my dresses, and as i was tying my waist ties i hear a *POP* and the button not just came out, but the fabric anchor behind it popped out as well now my sugar fairy cake has a large hole in the side of it

>> No.10022841

>>10022729
Luckily, these are fairly easy to find secondhand and not super expensive if I recall correctly, I'll bet you'll be able to replace it anon
I'm sorry this happened to you though, I wish these bags were made from sturdier material (I'd happily pay the higher cost for it too)

>> No.10022855

>>10022706
It’s happened to me twice where I’ve busted the Zippers on baby dresses and baby only. It’s an easy fix but it’s annoying. Outside of that I do try and be careful with my items

>> No.10022860

I'm probably gonna out myself for telling this story but it's been long enough that I don't think anyone is angry anymore (though I could be wrong lol). For me it's something I look back on and cringe now but I'm not really mad anymore.

A few years ago, I got together with a couple of friends to go shopping. I wore my Milky Berry JSK in white, and coordinated it with mostly white items (blouse, socks, etc). We'd been at the mall for about an hour when one of my friends ran into her very normie sister-in-law who was shopping with her 2(ish)-year-old son...my friend was clearly embarrassed to see her so the rest of us kind of kept our distance and continued shopping nearby. At some point the boy (who obviously wasn't being watched closely) wandered over to us and was super curious about everything in that rough little boy way (like yanking on another girl's usakumya and getting upset when he couldn't play with it). We started leading him back to his mom when something else caught his attention and he started to run the other way, so I quickly grabbed his hand to stop him from getting to far and he started to scream. Now that it was suddenly a big scene, his mom and my friend started walking our way but he was in full tantrum mode by the time they came over and had flopped on the floor, kicking at me and hand managed to yank my petticoat part of the way down in the process. I stepped away to fix it while the others explained what happened and his mom half-heartedly scolded him, and then she picked him up to come over and "apologize to the nice girl". Still sniffling and pouting, he tried to wriggle out of his mom's arms and flopped back like they do...when he suddenly sat up and got super still. (1/2)

>> No.10022864

>>10022860
This sticky little boy then vomited what I later learned was half a bottle of pedialyte and some mac and cheese down the front of my white JSK, and of course with it being Milky Berry this was the point of no return. His mother (and everyone else in the group) was mortified and we made our way to the closest restroom to try and clean up what we could on both him and me...but I was really only concerned with getting the chunks off so I could drive him with a tiny bit of dignity because I knew the JSK was ruined.
After apologizing about 600 times, his mom started insisting that she replace the dress, which I wasn't eager to discourage in the moment...but knowing how she'd gag at the price I tried to tell her that they don't make that dress anymore and finding another one would be too much trouble, etc etc. When she pulled out her checkbook and insisted I tell her the retail price, I finally gave her a hard number and that's when shit got heated. She looked at the dress, looked at my friend, scoffed at all of us, and was suddenly furious that I was "using this as an excuse to scam money" because there's "no way in hell" it would cost that much to dress up like Strawberry Shortcake. My friend tried to pull up a sale post on her phone to show her I wasn't just making up a number but she wanted nothing to do with it, she grabbed her kid and left after telling us we were all disgusting and should be embarrassed for "so many reasons". So, the insult to injury (so to speak) was really the nail in the coffin for me, and by the time I got home I just took the JSK off and threw it in the trash. If I'd been thinking clearly at the time I probably would've tried salvaging some of the material, but it took a long time for me to get over feeling angry every time I saw that print. (2/2)

>> No.10022868

>>10022864
Wow that lady was a huge bitch, sorry that happened to you

>> No.10022870

>>10022864
**drive home, sorry for typos.

>> No.10022872

>>10022855
i did it once in my milky planet, but it didn't break it luckily!

>> No.10022873

>>10022864
i would have sent her an invoice in the mail lmao

>> No.10022876

>>10022864
I felt terrified just by reading this. Moreover it happened in public place, so there’s no way to protect yourself from shit like this.

>> No.10022878

>>10022864
Damn... I feel like I remember reading this at one point but seriously what a stupid bitch, if she’s going to talk all high and mighty about paying you back and chickening out, like what’s the use of trying to look cool with a checkbook... I mean I would have gotten mad too but not enough to throw away the dress, probably soak it in stain remover but well it was your dress after all. Seriously I hate stupid parents who cant take care of their equally stupid kids.

>> No.10022909

>>10022878
I'm sure there are probably a lot of stories like this, it's my first time telling this one here though because I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to bring up old shit or embarrass my friend. She's not really into lolita anymore and as far as I know no one active in our old comm knows this story either so I think it's okay.
Milky Berry is a no go on soaking because the red is super bad about running, the area that got vomited on bled a bit and I had another area on that JSK that bled because I dripped a tiny bit of tea on it so as far as I know there was no hope for it.
One thing that really bugs me thinking back on it is that she basically expected us to babysit for her while she talked. She watched him come over to us but didn't care enough to do anything about it, and she really didn't seem to care that much when he started throwing a tantrum either. Like you know he was rarely told no at home and a lot of his behavior was probably chalked up to "well that's just how little boys are!!" which makes me angry (especially since he had been kicking at me too).

>> No.10022911

>>10022725
whoa, what kind of tea did you use?
assuming you tea dyed

>> No.10022915
File: 96 KB, 700x700, 20161111逕サ蜒・w-18138-02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got semi drunk at a party with this hairband on and managed to drop it multiple times. At one point I realized that the heart had come off. My friend luckily found it on the dance floor, but in the morning I also found out that 3 of the gems had also disappeared. RIP

>> No.10022928

>>10022729
Tbh, I actually use replied a bags for this reason
I feel dirty about it, but whatever cheap ass PU the make them out of is significantly more durable

>> No.10022931

>>10022928
*replica bags, not replied a

>> No.10022973

Where is iron cover chan in this thread? I love that story.

>> No.10022975

I generally take great care of my dresses but I've had bad luck with a few of my daily ones. My boyfriend accidentally dyed one pink, and just yesterday another got caught in my bike brakes and tore. Basically I'm an idiot dating an idiot.

>>10022725
Oh noooo! It's a nice colour but I'm glad you managed to fix it. How did you lift the colour?

>> No.10022976

>>10022706
A waitress once spilled curried squid on my pink fantastic dolly and I had to wash it in the restroom sink. After another wash when I got home it actually all came out but that was a horrifying experience.

>> No.10022988

>>10022976
I hope you got compensated for it? Wow what an idiot. People love to make waiters into holy martyrs that could do no wrong but every waiter I’ve encountered has been either rude or just straight up not giving a shit after dealing with shitty customers. I would be really mad if this happened to me. inb4 you’re a bad customer, nah recently a waiter didn’t enter my order when I was out with my boyfriend. Had to wait 30 minutes for it and he still tipped the guy and I didn’t say a word.

>> No.10022992

>>10022988
Maybe if you worked in somewhere like retail or anywhere where you have to deal with the general public, you would understand that humanity is shit.

>> No.10022993

>>10022975
i think i saw your insta story about it lol

>> No.10022995

>>10022909
i was thinking of fb actually but who knows, could have been a different story
oh god that makes it even more horrifying. i hope their stupidity doesn’t pass to the kid .

>> No.10023009

>>10022993
Haha probably! Now I'm wondering who you are, anon friendo. I'm so sad about my dress... Looks like I'm going to have to get it shortened since it can't be patched. At least it's not a printed dress.

>> No.10023012

>>10022992
Lmao guess what bitch, I worked call center for ages. I’m still very polite to my customers and yes I fucking hate the rude ones. My point is I hate how waiters are over glorified when really a lot of them are pretty shitty and apathetic

>> No.10023015

>>10023009
If it's at the hem, could it be made into scallops or a bustle?

>> No.10023020

>>10023015
Ooh! Unfortunately it's a very long gothic dress with a chiffon overlay, I think scallops might be too sweet for it. A bustle would be interesting if it had torn at the back but it tore in a large patch on the side... I'll ask my tailor though, maybe it could be a viable solution? Thanks for the suggestions!

>> No.10023021

Got white pax paint (if you don't know what that is, it's a type of very sticky paint used in sfx makeup made by mixing pros-aide, a very strong adhesive, with acrylic) all over the sleeve of an IW blouse. That shit does not come out of clothing. The blouse honestly didn't fit me well so I wasn't that upset and I purchased it for a specific Halloween coordinate I never wore again, but I haven't tossed it yet, it's sitting in storage somewhere

>> No.10023025

>>10023021
God that sucks. Can you maybe rip it up or pour more paint on it for a costume? Or maybe if it's long sleeved you could get it made into a short sleeve

>> No.10023027

>>10023025
I forgot to mention it was a black blouse; I managed to spill on it before I debuted my costume (the outfit I was wearing was more of a costume than a coord desu, I had on sfx makeup and crazy contacts and shit because Halloween) so I covered it up with black india ink to make it look passable. It is a long sleeve blouse, and the cuff and lace where it spilled is now kinda weird and crunchy and a slightly different color from the rest. Honestly I feel like the style is too mature to look good with short sleeves, and it was a little short on me and too tight in the chest (I don't even have big boobs, IW just makes their blouses for tiny flat chested women) so the only thing I'm actually upset about is that I probably won't be able to sell it now because of the damage, I wasn't planning on wearing it again in the first place

>> No.10023044

My pearl choker from Baby broke at a meet. Thankfully we were able to gather all of the pearls for me to fix it at home.

>> No.10023052

>>10022988
Nope not at all. It was an older Chinese woman at a Dim Sum restaurant and she wasn't even apologetic about it, lol. I really like the food there though so I didn't want to make a big stink about it.

>> No.10023054

I got the hem of a super old dress caught in a fence as I walked by, tearing not only the lace, but some of the dress. It broke my heart, and just a few minutes later some crusty old rude woman decided that she absolutely HAD to know why I was dressed like this and demanded me tell her why. When I told her that I just like it, she told me I was lying and was being a threatening, asshole ho, bobbing and weaving and getting overly aggressive. I was so not in the mood. Luckily, a stranger got in between us and she started being a bitch to him and he told me to leave. Thank you kind stranger.

>> No.10023099

>>10023027
Maybe you could have the sleeves removed and wear it under jsks/cardigans

>> No.10023196

>>10022928
i like the bruando logo on my bags

>> No.10023200

>>10022864
rip milky berry dress

>> No.10023211

>>10023196
lol... I like being a cheap whore who tries to come off looking brand.

>> No.10023292

>>10022975
I saw your insta story and came here to mention it! I'm awfully sorry about your dress, anon. That's a real bummer.

>> No.10023307

>>10023211
We can all tell.

>> No.10023380

I've worn an older AatP dress to larp in. Its gotten coffee and fake blood on it so far.

>> No.10023386

>>10022864
Name and shame so this awful parent can get internet hate from raising a child with a personality shitty enough to ruin other people's day.

>> No.10023390

>>10023380
i need to get some older cheaper pieces to mosh in. i have this old piece i just got in i'm probably going to go see .gif from god in, wish my brand luck gulls

>> No.10023392

>>10022915
Thankfully the Gems are a muich easier replacement than the bow. You can find the same size gems and put them back in using super glue or uv resin.

I've broken the bows off of my AP plastic bracelets and rings, and uv resin fixes it right up.

>> No.10023394

I used to have two Excentrique dresses. They were kind of fugly for lolita but really nice for normie wear because they were made out of nice textured fabric, so that's how I still wear one of them to this day.

Once I was running to a work party and wanted to wear the white dress. So I put it on. Then I put shoes on and was running around like a nut trying to get ready. Except then as I'm running, I somehow get my heel (???) caught in the back of the dress. I heard a huge rip, and with that RIP that dress. It was a very soft knitted fabric so it'd look wonky if I tried to sew that seam up. I still sort of regret it to this day. Oh well, at least it was a cheap dress ($10 on Y auctions).

I also have a few holes in the lace of some of my dresses and to this day I have no idea how the hell those holes started. I'm so ashamed, because one of the holes is in an MM dress. I'm low key trying to find a replacement before the hole gets bigger.

>> No.10023405

I had just bought an old JetJ with thin sewn waist ties. It was second hand and it had some stains, so I was soaking some spots in Oxyclean while the dress was laying on a towel on the floor. When I lifted the dress up to look at it, I accidentally tore a waist tie straight out because I didn't realize I was stepping on part of the waist tie. The force of lifting the dress while simultaneously holding the waist tie down was too much for the old stitching.

I actually hate waist ties and only the stitching ripped but not the fabric so it worked out in the end. I removed the other waist tie and everything was fine. The dress is fine but I still remember the heart dropping feeling of hearing brand tear.

>> No.10023486

>>10022928
Honestly this
Like I want to support you AP. I really do. But half my ap bags fall apart in one use
>the other 2 are fine but I have 2 that are super fragile. Coincidently one of them is the exact same one that anon posted. The red heart pochette

My cheap taobao bags and swimmer bags never do this. Like what the fuck. I don't want to pay like $70 for this shit

>> No.10023492

I've spilled nail glue on a skirt that was impossible to get out.
Grass stains on a jsk from playing frisbee in Lolita.
Lost two buttons on a jsk from swapping clothes with a guy at a party for some reason.
Yellow stains on a jsk from drinking and spilling the drink
I'm a monster

>> No.10023527

Was at a picnic with my ex, who was a smoker. He stands too close to me with his cigarette and a stray burning flake melts a hole right through my JSK. Luckily it's a pretty small hole and the JSK was polyester so the edges of the hole got sealed by the heat but I was still pretty upset.

>> No.10023531

>>10022727
> calling it vegan leather instead of PU

Fucking tumblr

>> No.10023570

>>10023052
Chinese people, not even once.

>> No.10023575

I got hot glue on one of my JetJ chiffon dresses when I just quickly tried to fix a brooch that broke into parts. Th fabric is so thin that it kinda melted and the glue merged with the dress. It's impossible to get those stains out. The stains are only noticable at close range, I am still embarrassed to wear the dress though because it kind of looks like cum stains. Worst mistake of my life.

>> No.10023580

>>10022706
I had a polka dot BTSSB salopette I used to wear casually all the time. Once on the train home after a day of shopping, I was testing out the paint markers I had bought in a little notebook as I was bored and when I opened one, the lid came off completely and bright pink paint spilled all over the dress. The women sitting around me sensed my annoyance for sure as I haphazardly tried to clean it up with a newspaper. I probably would have worn it still, I'm an artist so I frequently get little spots of paint and such on my clothes and I feel it adds character, though this was a pretty noticeable stain it doesn't really matter for casual...and it was a cheap salo...but I let a """"friend"""" borrow it and she's never returned it.

>>10022718
Sometimes I've had bad days or just plans gone awry in a specific coord, so I'll wear the coord the next time I go out or something and stuff will go wrong again. I swear that coord is cursed until I use the pieces in a different outfit or wait a decent amount of time. I know it's kindof silly and suspicious.

>> No.10023638

>>10023531
And stupid as well. Ugh, these blobs are haunting me, what was I thinking.

>> No.10023693

>>10023531
The truth is that I’m not native speaker, so I didn’t bother to remember how to spell “polyurethane”.

>> No.10023697

>>10023211
I like it when I can tell someone is pretending to be a different anonymous poster to try to make that anonymous poster look bad in the middle of an old thread

>> No.10023761

>>10022706
Last summer I got a brand new beige Innocent World jsk. I wear it out in a coord the next day. Promptly sit on some chewing gum on a public bench (should have known better)... It's impossible to get the stuff out, I've tried all those little tricks you find on the internet and all those did was ingrain the gum deeper into the dress fabric. It's a thin cotton and while it's not very noticeable it does suck, especially since it was nwt.

>> No.10023883

>>10023386
It was like, 5 years ago anon. I don't even know her new last name since she got remarried.

>> No.10023936

>>10023697
I posted that, not because I was trying to be her, but that's because it's what she sounds like.

>> No.10023948

>>10023936
big disagree there, boss

>> No.10023997

In the park, new op, new bag, new shoes so clean and cute feeling. A manky collie dog comes along after getting out of the river & shakes himself off beside me. That wouldn't matter but the river is half sludge so he just gets oily dots all over me that don't wash out. Like fml.

>> No.10023998

>>10023948
not that anon, but how does someone wanting replicas because they want a fake brand logo not scream cheap bitch?

>> No.10024014

>>10022864
holy fuck this is the literal most terrifying and disgusting thing I have ever read

this is why crotchspawn demon goblins are the scum of the earth and why I flat out ignore them

>> No.10024022

>>10023998
Oh I think you might have misread something
She said she buys replica bags because of how easily brand bags disintegrate
That's not a price issue, that's just like, not wanting to have to find a replacement second hand every couple years

>> No.10024030

>>10024022
if you follow the post chain, she said
>i like the bruando logo on my bags

>>10023196

>> No.10024035

>>10024030
That's a person responding to her
It wouldn't make sense if the replica bag girl said that because replica bags don't put the brand logo on which is presumably why that person responded that to her; because they want the logo

>> No.10024052

>>10022973
I told you then, it was setup and look at your stupid ass, still believing it.

>> No.10024054

>>10023012
>call center
Not the same as face to face cs. I've done both. You're more disconnected from the customer than you think.

>> No.10024065

>>10024022
Then don't buy brand bags or replicas? Why is this a hard concept?

>> No.10024073

>>10024065
That's not what the discussion was about
I agree, but that's a separate discussion

>> No.10024135

Kind of not a big deal story now, but it was horrifying at the time.
A couple years ago I went to this Japanese culture night at our local art museum. I just got lavender Castle Mirage OP in the mail. So of course I was going to wear that. Later through the night I noticed I got spots of chocolate on my dress. I wasn't sure how long the spots had been there. I felt embarrassed that people had been taking pictures of me with chocolate spots on my dress. I decided to not mess with the spots till I got home. I thought they were already set in anyway. Thanks to the re-applying of Shout, I managed to get the chocolate stains out.

>> No.10024146

>>10024135
how big were the stains? were they that noticeable?

>> No.10024237

>>10022992
Lmfao, I work as a waiter and some of my coworkers are literal scum who get high all shift and barely can handle any customers.
I don't work at a shitty place either. Some waitstaff suck and deserve to get reamed.

>> No.10024375

I have one of the smaller AP heart bags, and I left it resting on an ottoman by my bedroom wall. Anyway, the heating in our house gets pretty intense when bedroom doors are left shut (and mine was), and I came back to realise that a clear file I had blu-takked to the wall had pretty much slid down from the wall and landed on the bag, which meant that the blutak was resting against it, and in the heat sort of half melted onto the bag. I tried to sort of remove it but it peels the PU off which would be worse(??) I guess.

To be fair, that bag is second hand and fairly oldish now, and the PU has sort of split along the edges even though I was careful with it and only gave it light use.

>> No.10024398

>>10024052
Wow, Salt McGee, people can enjoy a story, friend

>> No.10024506

I have an ivory coloured BTSSB coat. It's gorgeous and I love it.

I wore it on the bus once, and I guess there must've been black ink all over the seat I was sitting in, because when I got up I realised there was black stuff all over the sleeve of the coat.

Managed to get most of it out after MANY washes, but it's never gonna be perfect.

>> No.10024636

>>10023211
no I want to real deal.

>> No.10025165

>>10024398
Yeah people also enjoy reality TV but that doesn't excuse their stupidity.

>> No.10025178

>>10025165
Ntayrt but damn, go swish your pettis and take a nap or something.

>> No.10025180

>>10025178
What? To close to home for you?

>> No.10025209

Fun story.
I was but a wee lass, dumb and naive. Decided to take to the sky in my frills. The transportations of London were delayed, person under train. On my head was a wig with golden curls, upon it my beloved Moitie headbow. The bow was made of gorgeous chiffon and adroned with silver crosses and blue jewels. The stress was numbing and my companions had to rush. At the airport the queues ran long, of with the wig as security was strict. I put the ensamble on again. Tears in my eyes we boarded the plane, the two hour flight was like a hurricane. Once we landed on solid ground again, we visited the porcelain throne, a relief and to wash of the dried tears on my cheeks. I took the bow of my head to release the tension of my tempels. Walked out of the restroom renewed and calm, in the depature hall I realized again, the forgotten headbow. Security was kind enough to let me back in to look and to my horror... Nowhere to be found.
I cried in the carriage the whole ride back home.
It was a summer night almost 7 years ago but I still grieve that Moitie headbow.

>> No.10025225

>>10025209
this is sad but hilariously written. I love you anon

>> No.10025229

>>10025180
>trying this hard to be a mean girl
cringe.

>> No.10025246

>>10025209
Was this written by a toddler or do ukfags really talk like this

>> No.10025454

>>10025229
Alright. You've actually rustled my jimmies now.

First of all, I've never found Tina Fey to be funny. I always hated her, even back on SNL.

Secondly, that movie is horrendously unfunny. No anon, I'm more of a Hellraiser fan. If I had to compare myself to a cunty character it'd be Julia. Gothic and sly as fuck.

And I won't be surprised if you don't get the reference. You've already made it clear you lack good taste.

>> No.10025456
File: 264 KB, 250x243, c85.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10025454
wew you sound like a real unique gal there anon

>> No.10025459

>>10024506
oh god I have one too and I'm so scared of this happening. just through regular wear it's already starting to go a bit grey-tinged on the sleeves. how did you wash it? I've never washed a coat at home before, idk if dry cleaning would help.

>> No.10025460

>>10025454
>getting this irate on an image board
wew

>> No.10025461

>>10025454

ru ok

>> No.10025470

>>10025456
Hellraiser isnt edgy

>>10025460
>>10025461
Typical "u mad" reply from gulls who don't have anything original to say.

>> No.10025473

I recently got one of my dream dresses in the black colorway. Since oldschool Baby prints are notorious for running in the wash, I knew I needed to test the waist ties first before just washing the whole dress. So I washed the waist tie, the water was definitely black but the excess dye came out easily and didn't stain the light parts of the print. I figured I was good to go when the dress needed to be washed.

A few weeks go by, I wear it a couple times, and it needs to be washed. I confidently get out my handwashing tub, fill it up with cold water and gentle detergent, and wash away. I assume it is fine.

The next day after the dress is dry, I go to hang it in my wardrobe. THE MOTHERFUCKING PRINT BLED. I don't even know how. I was so careful. I even tested it first for fuck's sake. Now I don't know exactly how to go about fixing it, and its been keeping me up at night. Should I just wash it again and rinse it a million times with some color catcher sheets? Please help kind anons.

>> No.10025533

>>10025470
>>10025454
i don't know what the fuck you're talking about but you sound like an autist

>> No.10025724

>>10025533
I know you don't know what I'm talking about. You don't even know what actual autism is. You just spout memes.

>> No.10025748

>>10025473
My god Anon are you me? I had an old, black Baby print bleed dye like a motherfucker when I tried to wash it, even though the detachable piece I tested on was fine. To the point the water was purple and I legit wondered if the thing had been washed in it's 12 year life.

As long as you haven't done anything to set the dye (heat, vinegar) you should be able to save it. There used to be a post on EGL where a girl cleared out print bleed with baby shampoo, other posts that suggest Dylon color run remover. The info isn't the most up-to-date, but give EGL a search.

Personally what I did was put it under cold running water until the water ran clear-ish, then agitate and soak in cold water and detergent (changing the water when it looked too dark). After the dress could soak without dye leeching into the water I rinsed it out again, then put it through my washer on cold in a delicates bag to get the last of the excess dye out.

>> No.10025819

>>10025454
You're trying way too hard to be cool, anon. It's really pathetic.

>> No.10025947

>>10025454
>>10025470
kek

>> No.10025988

>>10025209
Well that’s kind of your fault for flying with Lolita. That’s something you should never do.

>> No.10025992

>>10025988
Nayrt but I've flown in lolita before with 0 issue. It's really not a big deal, same goes for packing lolita for flights and long trips.

>> No.10025995

>>10025454
who hurt you

>> No.10026096

>>10025819
>You're trying way too hard to be cool, anon
If thar were the case I wouldn't be posting on 4chan, silly.

>>10025995
Tina Fey when she threw out Norm Macdonald's jokes.

>> No.10026102

>>10026096
anon you're cracking me up you're so triggered by tina fucking fey

>> No.10026109

>>10026102
She's garbage my dude.

>> No.10026157

>>10025988
Nayrt but why not? It's not much different from regular clothing. Don't see why it would be a problem.

>> No.10026267

>>10025748
Thank you so much anon! Your technique sounds a lot like what I was planning to do, just rinse it until the excess dye comes out. I feel a lot more confident about trying it now. With some color catcher sheets thrown in there because fuck it, I already bought them anyways

>> No.10026278

>>10022756
>>10022832
I think the initial shock of seeing it look like that overrode any possible redeeming points about the color, but I can kinda see what you mean about it being ok now.

>>10022911
It was the ecru color from dylon cotton dye, so not tea.

>>10022975
Jacquard sells a color remover powder that activates with hot/boiling water, so that took everything out without needing to resort to bleach.

>> No.10026328

>>10026157

nayrt, I've flown in lolita (cutsew OPs ftw, shirred pieces are still also comfy) but when I read >>10025209 she said she had a wig on besides a Moitie headbow and mentions putting her ensemble back on after airport security, like how complicated was her ensemble to begin with? I think that's the point where I noped out.

Like I mean. Yes, lolita is just clothes. Yes, some peeple wear wigs on the regular. Yes, headbows are also just clothes. But doing the whole shebang with public transport and knowing you need to go through airport security. I mean I do cutsew OPs because I can wear a wireless sports bra underneath, and I avoid dresses that look like the buttons might be metal, and here this girl is doing the full wig and whatever else is going on with her ensemble.

I don't know, I think a younger me would have done it, but seriously gals, don't do this. It's stressful enough to fly, especially if you need to rely on public transport being on time. Pick simple clothes so you don't have to worry about dropping bits of accessories in faraway airports that you may never be able to get back to, lolita or not.

>> No.10026459

>>10026267
I also used pretty generous amounts of detergent hoping that the sulfates would loosen up the color that bled onto the print and as more insurance against the dye setting. Unfortunately since it was an all over print with quite a bit of white space I couldn't really clean individual sections.

Good luck Anon! Let us know how it goes, I'm rooting for you~

>> No.10026464

>>10026328
I'm one of the anons who commented before about flying in lolita, and I agree with this. It's definitely possible to wear lolita for flights and be comfortable, but you need to be smart about it. Having said that, I do feel bad for the OP, she was clearly young and silly when she did that.

>> No.10026476

I've had a few so prepare to be spooked.

Spilled onions sauce on my first dream dress the first time I wore it, didn't notice until a few hours after we'd left the restaurant. Thankfully it rinsed out after a lot of gentle hand washes but I was mortified and really upset at the time, it was maybe my second or third brand dress ever.

Someone once spilled half a glass of cider down the front of my Wonder Cookie OP. I nearly died. Thankfully that print is really sturdy and it came out of the washing machine like new, no colour run or anything.

This one's the real horror story. I threw a load of hardier brand pieces, an old OP, some socks, a blouse, in a wash with a towel. I'm less careful with a lot of stuff that I know isn't really delicate. Somehow there was a dress wrapped up in the towel, some Jordash/Dark Star green crush velvet thing I was holding onto for Halloween.
It ran. Into everything.
I was so confused when I opened the washing machine because as far as I knew I hadn't put anything else in, but when I saw the culprit I got so pissed off that I immediately threw it in the bin, I was so furious.
The lace on the OP was a green-white, the blouse was pink-green, the socks were now grey-green and black. I washed them and washed them but nothing would work. The dye that ran in just wouldn't come out of anything, at all.

Happy ending, a friend took care of the OP and it's like new again, and the blouse too. The socks are still grim, but I'm holding onto them in the hope that I might find a way to save them. They were the striped bxw otks from the Holy Cross release and they don't seem to pop up often.

>> No.10026515

>>10023380
May I ask which LARP, anon?

>> No.10026516

>>10023380
It's not really a "horror story" if you do it deliberately, is it?

>> No.10027289
File: 44 KB, 1200x630, kate-spade-multi-Yours-Truly-Chocolate-Heart-Bag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10023486
Japan fucking loves pleather, for some reason. Fuck pleather. How is it 2018 and we still don't have a suitable """"vegan"""" substitute for leather so that people won't get uppity about animal based goods? Seriously, pleather is so bad, I wonder how the fuck it even took off as something stable to use for fucking bags. It cracks within a few uses and flakes off like crazy.

Fuck pleather. Also fuck "genuine leather" too. Fucking stupid ass marketing term used to trick people, shit should be illegal to use. "Hehe, it's technically genuine leather so we aren't lying!" yeah but it's fucking glued together floor scaps of leather that's just a step above pleather but will still crack apart because it's crap.

>tfw I just use Kate Spade with my brand and AP doesn't get my money because they want to make a bag that's like $2 work of materials cost $80

Make fucking leather versions of your bag. I'll pay $500 for it. Fuck you.

>> No.10027297

>>10026476
Do you know what your friend did to save them? Sounds like something I’d wanna write down

>> No.10027335
File: 285 KB, 671x680, 1536752921932.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10024014
>Once saw a 3-5 year old eating a bag of fucking cheetoes
>Shirt is a fuckin mess, fingers not only have cheetoes on them but also what looks to be what I hope is chocolate
>Nose dripping with snot
>I'm in mint Honey Cake
>He hops out of his carriage and walk towards the street while his mom was smoking a cigarette 5 feet away looking in the opposite direction
>Simply say "Hey, your kid."
>She doesn't even turn, realize she has headphones on
>I'm not gettin close to that shit and risking my dress getting ruined
>Car swerves and honks
>Mom realizes what happens
>Runs to kid
>Looks around to see me
>"Why the fuck didn't you try to save him, he could have been killed!"

Bitch, not my responsibility. Fuck off. Nobody told you to get knocked up and then smoke a cig on the side of the road without watching him. Glad I'm a lesbian and don't have to ever deal with that shit.

>> No.10027340

>>10027335
People who can't tell the difference between chocolate and shit are astounding.

>> No.10027344

>>10027335
god i would have done the same
natural selection

>> No.10027345

>>10027340
Oh, my bad. I guess I don't see enough shit smeared fingers in my life to know the difference between it and chocolate. Maybe I should hang around pre-schools more.

>> No.10027476

>>10027345
Says the person who was going to let a child die just because you didn't like their parent

We don't need another sandy hook anon

>> No.10027478

>>10027476
>why can't strangers watch my kid for me!
please never breed

>> No.10027481

>>10027476
Wtf anon, it’s not their responsibility to be looking after some stupid broad’s brat. If that child got hurt that would be on the incompetent parent.

>> No.10027511

>>10027476
ain't anons fault if the kid is too dumb to live and it's mom doesn't care.
like the other anon said: natural selection

>> No.10027524

>>10027481
>just stand there and watch a kid get run over
>lol not my fault
This is so fucking try hard edgy

>> No.10027537

>>10027524
A bystander doesn’t have to risk their life to save someone. Sorry that is such a difficult concept for you to understand.

>> No.10027555

>>10027335
I hope you get hit by a car you bitch

>> No.10027556

>>10027524
Nobody is obligated to risk their life for a random person. Not doing so doesn't make someone a bad person. Not too mention at the very least she'd have ruined an expensive item if she tried to intervene.

>> No.10027559 [DELETED] 

>>10027537
It's only a difficult concept if you're an evil person, anon.
Remember that story about the baby in China that got run over and no one helped and just kept on walking by, doing nothing but looking?
I don't really care for children either, but I'm not going to stand by and watch a child get run over, either. Like holy shit, that kid could have died. It sucks that their parent is garbage. My parents were garbage too so maybe that's why I have more empathy for some innocent child as opposed to fucking edgelord honey cake anon.
I seriously don't even think the story is real.
Also, in some places they have a good Samaritan law for shit like this. You must live in some back woods place where people just let others die.

go back to your cave, Muhammad.

>> No.10027561

>>10027556
>Not too mention at the very least she'd have ruined an expensive item if she tried to intervene.
could have easily pushed the kid out of the way and then scolded the mother for not paying attention to her kid by explaining that her kid almost fucking died.

see >>10027559
Good Samaritan law exists so that people just stand around like insensitive tools watching someone fucking die because "oh no not my expensive clothing" That's shallow as fuck.

>> No.10027568 [DELETED] 

>>10027559
>being this bothered about anon not risking their life

Just yikes anon. Even if the story isn’t true what good does screeching like a banshee do?

>> No.10027571 [DELETED] 

>>10027559
I love how you're blasting other anon for 3edgy5me shit and yet you still hit us with
>go back to your cave, Muhammad

>> No.10027573 [DELETED] 
File: 52 KB, 231x315, 1471821700243.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10027568
Because edgelords are annoying as fuck.

>> No.10027577 [DELETED] 

>>10027571
Do you know what happens in those countries anon? There's a reason that type of thinking is reserved for people of that ilk.
I'm glad I don't live there. If something happened to me no one would care because I'm female. Sounds like they're the edgy ones.

>> No.10027583 [DELETED] 

>>10027577
Holy shit. How can you pretend to hold any moral ground concerning the value of human life when you characterize all muslims as "people of that ilk"???!?

Also I'm pretty sure youre just trolling now.

>> No.10027584 [DELETED] 

>>10027559
There's a law in China that a person who touches someone dead/injured is deemed guilty of the incident and liable for damages to the family (hospital, funeral expenses, etc.). That's why you see all those liveleak videos in China of people just ignoring and walking past people who have been hit by a car.

>> No.10027587 [DELETED] 

>>10027584
What the fuck

>> No.10027590 [DELETED] 
File: 49 KB, 598x617, 14 July 2016 Nice, France(2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10027583
>t. Nusrah Mehak Abbasi

>> No.10027599 [DELETED] 

>>10027583
Because I'm only talking about the ones who live there. Not the ones in the UK and America who are basically just practicing the "better" parts of their culture. Remember, those people ran away from their culture for a reason. No different than Mexicans running away from a government that allows the cartels to run amok.

Take your SJW bullshit elsewhere. This is 4chan for fuck's sake. I'm sorry but a childs life is in fact more important than your culture whining.

see >>10027590

>>10027584
lol they learned nothing from that incident then. considering they put nets on the sides of buildings to keep workers from killing themselves, I'm not shocked.

Again, I'm glad I don't live in these places. Where I live people actually help each other if something life endangering is happening.

>> No.10027609 [DELETED] 

>>10027577
>>10027590
Yeah, keep claiming that moral high ground you edgy cunt.

>> No.10027613 [DELETED] 

>>10027609
Agree. I always love when the "hur dur tumblr edgy bullshit" cunts reveal how fucking disgusting they really are.

>> No.10027758

>>10027561
But the kid ended up being fine. I bet if she pushed the kid out of the way and he fell the mom would freak out at her, given how negligent of a mother she already was

>> No.10027765

>>10027556
how is risking your dress risking your life?
how shallow are you to think your dress is worth more than a child's life?
I get that the mother was being irresponsible but that doesn't excuse her being a crappy person who values a dress over life.

>> No.10027771

>>10027765
>It's my responsibility to protect someone else's life

Not even police do this.
https://nypost.com/2013/01/27/city-says-cops-had-no-duty-to-protect-subway-hero-who-subdued-killer/

>> No.10027773

>>10027289
>implying kate spade is much better
we have a poorfag in the house

>> No.10027779

>>10027561
Good Samaritan law does not compel anyone to action. Good Samaritan law is not meant to force you to do something you are not willing to do.

Good Samaritan law DOES protect you should something go wrong while you are helping - say the kid does get hurt by being pulled back. He falls and scrapes his knee. Good Samaritan law protects you from being sued by his mother for causing him to scrape his knee.

>> No.10028188

>>10027779
There are people who have been pulled into court and put under oath to give testimony because they chose to be a witness instead of doing anything as the other option was to pay a hefty fine because they sat there and watched someone die.

Letting someone die in front of you is different from saving someones life. I'm not talking about running into a burning building- I'm talking about not letting someone get hit by a car.

>>10027771
My god, I would not use US police force as an example of good people. Are you retarded?

>> No.10028190

>>10027758
Yea if she didn't communicate maybe. I would alert the mother as I was grabbing the kid away from the car. I guess morons don't know how to function in society which explains why you wouldn't know how to handle the situation. All you know how to do is keep your clothes clean.

>> No.10028223

>>10028188
>>10028190
You’re still going on about this? You know, after those 3edgy5me deleted comments you made about Muslims you have absolutely zero claim to any moral high ground. You’re just as much as an edgy cunt as that other anon. Just let it die.

>> No.10028248

>>10028223
No, I was not the person who posted gore. I just agreed with them because that is exactly the kind of mentality I'm talking about and I'm not the only person arguing that a childs life is more important that your SJW bullshit. Go cry not all muslims on tumblr and fb where it belongs.

A child shouldn't get run over because honey cake is more important. That's fucking dumb, anon.

>> No.10028370

>>10028190
>>10028223
You do know you're being baited to argue, right?

>> No.10028374

>>10027773
anon don't pull this "haha you think that's expensive!!" shit, doesn't do anything useful for the thread, cut it out.

What bags would you suggest instead?

>> No.10028378

>>10025209
You type like that goose lady and I live for it

>> No.10028385

>>10025459
I hand-washed it in the sink with a bunch of Oxi-Action stain remover. I think I might have also put it through the washing machine on the delicate cycle once, just make sure you straighten out all the bows and stuff once it comes out, and dry it flat.

>> No.10028430

>>10027773
But it is better. It doesn't peel or flake

Are there any high-end western brands that offer anything remotely loliable anyways? Kate Spade is hit or miss but they have some stuff that works

>> No.10028738

>>10025748
>>10026459
I finally had a chance to try and rescue my dress today, and I'm pleased to announce I was successful!! I ended up hand washing it with some gentle detergent and color catcher sheets twice, then rinsed it 4 times until the water was completely clear. If you look really close you can see where the color ran before, but it's 90% gone and since it's a busy print I doubt anyone will ever know. Thank you anon for your help in saving my baby!

>> No.10028920

>>10028738
Awesome!! I'm so happy to hear that anon. Hopefully the last bit comes out eventually, but I'm so glad you've rescued it.

>> No.10028943

>>10028370
Yes I know anon. I don't even think that story is real. Honey cake anon posted a typical "tough guy" greentext story. It read like something you'd see on /v/ or /ck/

>> No.10029165

>>10027476
>virtue signalling on /cgl/
>while simultaneously making fun of sandy hook
fuck off

>> No.10029187
File: 579 KB, 400x300, Justdoit.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10028223
fucking this you smug cunt >>10028248
If brand is more important than a life to you, you need to seriously get some help. Like professionally. Because you're a shitty person. I bet people hate you irl and talk massive shit behind your back.

>not even a single anon that has posted so far

>> No.10029261

>>10029187
is this the shitty meme guy? i love the bad ps

>> No.10029439

>>10029165
>making fun of
Not what happened. I mentioned it.

Not sure what virtue signaling is but it sounds like a fucking buzzword. Sorry but honey cake will never be more important than a child's life. This is pure commonsense. And I say this as someone who doesn't want to have kids. But that doesn't mean I'd let one die.

>> No.10034137

No as drastic as others but one time, my blouse got stuck really badly in the zipper of one of my brand dresses that I never even got to wear out previously before that yet. I tried to ease it out but it became clear that I'd either have to wear a half zipped up dress for the rest of my life or break the zipper.

>> No.10034467

>>10022727
I know this is from two weeks ago but for anyone else in same situation, try vinyl collectible toy cleaners like the ones sold by Twin Pines or Volks. It’s meant for lifting decades old marker and makeup off old dolls and figures so it works well. Takes a while for certain stains but at least it’s safe on vinyl bags and shoes.

>> No.10035103

Ugh, just put a hole in a pair of AatP socks even after cutting my nails right back and wearing sockettes underneath, guess I'm gonna have to learn how to darn... Darn.

>> No.10037073

>>10023394
If you have holes with no explanation, maybe check your place for clothes moths? It's probably more realistic that they were torn without you noticing or something, and I don't know if moths even go after the sort of material lace is made out of.. but just to rule that out, I guess.

>> No.10038905
File: 21 KB, 256x320, magic-tea-party-onva-velveteen-jsk-dress-1-ma-02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A somewhat bizarre one, from years ago. I got a new red velvet JSK (pic related) and wore it with an ivory chiffon blouse.

At the end of the day, the blouse was stained red from the JSK. I knew that colour could run, but this literally transferred while I was wearing it. I guess the sweat from my skin must have made it run? I wasn't even sweating all that much though. I managed to get the dye out after several washes with stain remover, though the blouse is now pretty much white instead of ivory.

>> No.10041028

Going for korean all you can eat while drunk and in lolita was probably not a smart decision.
Nothing could have made that point more clear than accidentally getting spicy oil (from chicken?) aaaaaallll over myself.
My white sleeves were orange and soaked through, and the print of my sk looked ruined.

Oxyclean could only do so much and bleach was out of the question, but good ol' dish soap and elbow grease did the trick.
3 hours of my life were wasted scrubbing my mistakes out of my brand, but it was worth it.

>> No.10041030

>>10027335
Your mistake was looking like a person that noticed him out of the buggy, and not just as oblivious as she was.

>> No.10041091

>>10022864
Small claims court. Seriously. You should have got your money back for the destroyed dress, you had witnesses.

>> No.10041121

Spilled coffee all over my Holy Bunny bag and an AP blouse and op last weekend... Immediately threw it all off when I got home. So glad I got it all out but I was on the verge of tears over Holy Bunny. I love that bag.

>> No.10041242

>>10035103

I've put more holes in tights after clipping my nails than having longer nails -- they're super sharp after you've just clipped them. I started filing mine with a nail file and it's cut down on holes in tights.

>> No.10041278

>>10038905
I've had the same thing happen with a Surface Spell set. Same material JSK with a chiffon blouse.
After a couple of hours, the blouse was stained around the underarms. I'm guessing it was sweat that caused it to transfer?
I was able to remove the errant colour with Sunlight handwashing soap, the bar kind. I use that laundry bar for all of my stained things, it removes the stain 90% of the time. The other 10%, I take to a drycleaner.

>> No.10050486

>>10041242
Makes sense, I didn't even think of that, thanks.