[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 9 KB, 400x400, dfgsdfgsdfg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9974128 No.9974128 [Reply] [Original]

The more and more I think about coinbase's latest additions to their offerings-- I can't help but shake the notion there is seriously something shady going on behind the scenes.

Think about it. They were the first level of introduction to crypto for a massive bulk of people back in December. And those people saw: Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum.

Then they added BitcoinCash and EthereumClassic. Like what the fuck? BitcoinCash was definitely insider trading and EthereumClassic is to appease one of their largest funders.

Those two additions couldn't possibly be ANY worse for the sphere of crypto. One is an obviously blatant scam and the other literally was driven into the ground by hackers, forcing Ethereum to fork off of itself while purging the duplicated coins. How in gods name does the largest, and most reputable crypto service offer that?

>> No.9974150

>>9974128

they think crypto is dead and want to sell all their ETC while they can.

>> No.9974185

but the market insider overloards are saving us with coinbase pro

>> No.9974208

>>9974128
i wouldnt touch coinbase with a barge pole. i'm kraken all the way.

>> No.9974209

>>9974128
Brian Armstrong may resign soon and an office soon may be opening in Chicago with former DRW employees. Just say a little bird told you.

>> No.9974221

https://www.builtinchicago.org/2018/05/29/coinbase-chicago-office

Coinbase Markets will be coming out later this year. As if Coinbase Pro, Prime wasn't confusing enough

>> No.9974224

>>9974128
Not sure what you mean anon, Bitcoin Cash was the obvious next offering when it launched, and sure whales had some fun buying up the books when it launched to try and spark a flippening, but coinbase put a stop to that quickly.

Etc is also a good next choice for their first security offering, it's not some new shitcoin and is established. It's not ETCs fault that vitalik forked off to bail out the DAO.

>> No.9974258

>>9974128
ETC is the real ethereum you fucktard

>> No.9974288

>>9974128
Bcore is the scam. Coinbase advocated for big blocks all along. Also ETC has a limited supply and intends to stay POW, making it superior to Ethereum. Basically you’re a fucking moron, kys

>> No.9974316

ETC has no purpose, no dapps like snail for free money:

snailking.github.io/snailfarm2/

>acorns can only go up in price

wew faggots why are you not in on this eth game?

>> No.9974347
File: 91 KB, 403x596, 8C045B37-720D-4D1C-8E10-E3EE0E86D4E7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Noobs will only be confused by Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum Classic.

Like it or not Coinbase is a standard bearer for crypto. So when they list redundant variations of different coins just because the higher ups have big stacks it makes the whole space look less legitimate.

We pretty much need more fiat > crypto on-ramps. Coinbase can do shit like this without significant backlash because their market share is so huge.

>> No.9974353

>>9974316
It does have a purpose, when ETH inevitably implodes trying to fork to Casper, it will be waiting, and will be ready to absorb its market share.

>> No.9974405

I remember getting free ETC and BCH on kraken after the forks so of course they have fuck tons of coins they got for free and not near enough volume to dump them.

>> No.9974407

>>9974128
Because Coinbase is included in a circle of people including Eril Vorhees and Roger Ver as well as people from Bitfinex. This medium article is a good take on these connections. (https://medium.com/cryptomedication/uncovering-the-real-cartel-in-bitcoin-65b56a7a00a2))

>>9974347
Oracles.