[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 27 KB, 200x270, CAEC222F-EFDD-4C26-A04C-7DCA4241FEAE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9951051 No.9951051 [Reply] [Original]

How easy would it be for someone to launder a few hundred grand into monero?

If some anon were to have 3 or 400k and needs to clean the money. Or at least just launder it as an investment for later.

How easy would it be for someone to do such a thing? Hypothetically speaking what would the steps be needed to actually handle that much money and implement it into buying the monero anonynously...

>> No.9951062

>>9951051
Be careful there are sting operations for buyin xmr offline

>> No.9951087

>>9951051
holy fuck dat ass
i want it

>> No.9951129

>>9951051
Load it all into ETH, put it in a wallet

Then "lose" the wallet information, absolutely devastating to lose the keys to such a vast amount of wealth
Then someone else who is not you comes along and happens to crack your wallet by some weird means, and they use a decentralized exchange to convert all ETH into XMR, and that same person then transfers the XMR to a new XMR wallet, thereby removing any trail evidence whatsoever of the money

of course in this scenario you lose all your money, and this other person who is not you makes out with 400k in XMR anonymously with no way of ever tracking them or the money

>> No.9951130

>>9951051
Monero doesn't launder money it just washes the blood out of it.
You'll still need to declare where it came from when it shows up in your account.

>> No.9951191

Does the wallet address begin with 0x788 and end in 2b?

>> No.9951208

>>9951051
Hypthetically, If someone actually wants to ‘launder’ it, it will take some work. Start an ‘online business’ selling a digital good. Convert all the cash into cryptocurrency overtime through local eth/btc/monero storing a low amount of funds into a new wallet everytime. Have all those ‘customers’ buy said digital good and in return send you some cryptocurrency in exchange. Close down the business for whatever reason after your happy with the profits made, say maybe around 300-400K or keep it running up to you. Declare all the income and pay your taxes.

>> No.9951235

>>9951208
Hmmm something like this OP. It will take time and a lot of work

>> No.9951285
File: 174 KB, 1300x981, 80433640-money-laundering-.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951051
It's doable it's just repetitive and tedious. Laundering a 'couple hundred thousand' means hopefully working with someone who has an established bank account. You can find these people in some forums and darknet communities.

If you want to homebrew it then you have to define your own method based on the risk/route you prefer. Seems to me like it would be a straightforward and simple route to buy id info on AB and set up a 'verified' localbitcoin account. If that's too much of a pain in your ass to deal with (even though NOTHING should be too tedious to overlook when money laundering), consider using the payfair platform. It's newly release but safe. Find a dude who you can work with in increments of 5k or whatever you want. Some people might bash payfair but it's an id-less escrow site and legit. They are able to operate this way due to their jurisdiction. I don't care what you use though so I don't want to hear that I'm shilling payfair.

Consider whether you want to launder the entire sum of money (ie in a divorce case) or whether you'd like to do it only to hide your potential profits (much easier to do).

Don't be a noob like some of these tards are probably implying and 'lose' the money in order to count it as a loss again taxes.

If you want more personal help id be down to give you my email but really this is something you can do yourself if you're smart. Make it happen over a couple months if you can afford it.

>> No.9951622

just spend it on hookers

>> No.9951641
File: 246 KB, 450x338, 1519266250965.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9951051

>> No.9951970

>>9951130
Just say you mined a ton of XMR back in the day. They cant prove you didnt.

>> No.9951985

>>9951051
Is this few hundred grand physical cash or is it in a bank account?

>> No.9952042

>>9951208
hypothetically, in this fictional scenario, you'd want to find an existing business, that would then make you an employee and they would do it for you and pay you out over 12 months.

>>9951985
also this

>> No.9952976
File: 33 KB, 464x387, sniff.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPsnnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….