[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.69 MB, 212x212, 1524372864908.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9919921 No.9919921 [Reply] [Original]

99% of people who “work with blockchain” are using blockchain as a buzzword to get money via ICOs in situations that literally have no use case. Blockchain is currently a meme phrase and is used by people with the slightest bit of knowledge in coding to make themselves sound cutting edge and take money from saps.

ChainLINK isn’t just data APIs, it’s decentralised (therefore trust less) data meta-analysis, aggregation, and auditing. In the future scientific research is going to be peer reviewed via ChainLINK. ChainLINK may actually be THE best use case for blockchain since it will leverage the idea of transparency and immutability.
ChainLINK platform will be bigger and better than the ethereum platform because Ethereum is just an ICO/shittoken factory, ChainLINK is going to one day be the single biggest aggregator of data in the world.

Let me put it this way, ChainLINK wants to incorporate something called METANALYSIS, so basically some nodes will opt in to data pools that can then draw statistical conclusions across DIFFERENT subsets of data. E.g a node that handles data type A can have the data cross analysed with data type B to derive a new data set. This is way way in the future but basically Sergey sees LINK is going to be a fully fledged extensible platform that may one day have AI running on it to allow data analyses, or even data “service” nodes that collect data from one node, perform analysis, then output for a sub fee.

>> No.9919931

>>9919921
Every now and then I jerk off to good chainlink speculation posts - this was one of them. OP, I want you to know that you're a faggot, but I'm pretty gay at the moment too.

>> No.9919949

Isn’t link like aeternity but with a worse team? Why doesn’t Biz shill aeternity?

>> No.9919964

>>9919921
this sounds similar to how the agi marketplace is described.

>> No.9919966
File: 214 KB, 699x919, val8c57a6mv01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9919949
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

>> No.9919976
File: 431 KB, 828x1412, 1527727456977.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9919931
Here, use this

>> No.9919995

>Where does meta-analysis fit in the research process?
>Publications
>Many journals encourage researchers to submit systematic reviews and meta-analyses that summarize the body of evidence on a specific question, and this approach is replacing the traditional narrative review. Meta-analyses also play supporting roles in other papers. For example, a paper that reports results for a new primary study might include a meta-analysis in the introduction to synthesize prior data and help to place the new study in context.

>Planning new studies
>Meta-analyses can play a key role in planning new studies. The meta-analysis can help identify which questions have already been answered and which remain to be answered, which outcome measures or populations are most likely to yield significant results, and which variants of the planned intervention are likely to be most powerful.

>Grant applications
>Meta-analyses are used in grant applications to justify the need for a new study. The meta-analysis serves to put the available data in context and to show the potential utility of the planned study. The graphical elements of the meta-analysis, such as the forest plot, provide a mechanism for presenting the data clearly, and for capturing the attention of the reviewers. Some funding agencies now require a meta-analysis of existing research as part of the grant application to fund new research.

>> No.9920008

https://www.verywellmind.com/definition-of-meta-analysis-425254

Chainlink will eventually tap into every facet of the metanalysis/scientific research process.

>> No.9920042
File: 109 KB, 840x556, mta.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm sure there's a lot more info to be found here but I just am scratching the surface.

>> No.9920057
File: 314 KB, 915x716, Trials.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9920082
File: 66 KB, 640x513, 1513102448910.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9920300

It's surreal how something with so much potential has low volume and is not even in the top 100.

>> No.9920350

>>9920300
Agree, and I suspect it’s only going to get more surreal.

I think PART of the explanation is that this really is B2B use case, and so something like 99.9% of the effort of the team is going into that. In addition, they are keen on doing everything they can to ensure that the SEC does NOT perceive chainlink as a security. In that regard the LESS they do to pump up interest among the general population of crypto investors, the better.

But I agree it is surreal. I think part of this as well is the, in many cases, well-deserved reputation of 4chan/biz as a loony bin.

>> No.9920375

>>9920350
I mean, freaking dogecoin is hgher on CMC than this.

>> No.9920384

>>9920350
We've heard nothing from Sergey for six months apart from a couple of presentations and handful of tweets. Apparently he is a workaholic. Will be interesting.

Does anyone have that bio of him which talked about his respect for Russian tech teams. Was pretty instructive in terms of his drive and ambition.

>> No.9920404

>>9919921
>ChainLINK platform will be bigger and better than the ethereum platform
stopped reading
whether LINK is actually an ERC223 token, which was created by Ari just for Link, or an ERC20 token with ERC667 functionality, token standard developed by Steve specifically for the ChainLink project...
still just an ERC20 token, kek

>> No.9920520

>>9920404
Wew, what is a prototype / V1.0.

Ethereum is the only massively tried and true Blockchain atm. Stellar / Cardano don’t have an EEA atm. Or something equivalent. EEA means a group of corps agreed to develop on it. It’s like saying to a group of sports players, were playing by these rules ok? If something does come up better the EEA would migrate to another Blockchain. It’s easier to develop something on a regulated platform. The link token is just a ticket that allows you to use their service. As soon as it’s actually a thing these tickets will hold real value . Wether it’s an erc or stellar token remains to be seen. Their job isn’t solving Blockchain related issues, it’s the prototype design working on a Blockchain. There’s a big reason why sergey meets with money skelly. And if you don’t think that he doesn’t know the direction EThereum is going in, your wrong.

>> No.9920579

>>9919995
Also OP, metadata is everywhere. And advertisers / app developers are the best at the moment for collecting it. And google too. Now you could run a browser collect metadata and directly set up a node selling search results or whatever. This will be a big blow to all these spyware infested apps that tale your data. You will be able to sell data directly or at least distribute so google doesn’t hold a monopoly.

Imagine running a decentralized browser that anonymously collects data and puts it into a plug and play API. You can pay this browser .00002 link to have access to a search history result on whatever. That is metadata, this is how google is worth trillions. Imagine being able to market to anyone you want too, knowing every trend. Metadata is priceless, and right now you give it away for free and have it sold against you.

>> No.9920598

>>9920579
On a positive side, google can also sell their metadata for link. And it cuts out middlemen as it’s literally a request you send to the server. So have what you will. Metadata is far more valuable than oil. And right now metadata is like crude oil. It’s not optimized for selling yet.

>> No.9920607
File: 124 KB, 445x600, E2A64B86-1A93-42F6-B0E8-1E7FA970A149.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This looks like it was written by Assblaster.

>> No.9920649

>>9919931
snap

this one's going in my cringe compilation