[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 310x163, download (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9903401 No.9903401 [Reply] [Original]

How the fuck does this derive its value once the holo network is up?

The supply will inflate or deflate, preventing any price increases, but it still will grow in price if hosting prices decreases.. How the fuck does that even make sense??????????

>> No.9903433

How the fuck will you ever sell all that corn you grew. There is an unlimited supply that people can grow! It’ll never work!

>> No.9903467

>How the fuck does this derive its value once the holo network is up?
feet powered blockchain

>> No.9903488

>>9903433
It doesn't. The government subsidizes it to keep farmers in business for food security.

>> No.9903516

>>9903433
doesn't make any sense. You'll have a fixed supply of holofuel yourself. You wouldn't have a fixed supply of corn.

The entire supply will fluctuate to demand to prevent any form of inflation...
There is literally NO reason to hold HOT?

>> No.9903604

They have a currency paper anon. Did you happen to read through it?

----------------------------------------

Value-stable does not mean static -- there is not some kind of fixed price. The value of credits is
still dependent on real world factors like the cost of electricity, computing hardware, and Internet
connectivity. Variations of account balances moving closer and further from their credit limits
enable small changes in the supply to strengthen immunity to wild fluctuations and
pump-and-dump manipulations.

The Holo organization is a special class of user with an initial credit limit large enough to credit all
the pre-sale purchases from their account. That limit is calculated from a valuation algorithm for
the infrastructure services based on actual growth and demand (numbers of hosts, applications,
users, etc.). Transaction fees should cover most of the costs of operation and maintenance, so
this line of credit is to capitalize system improvements. Therefore, any significant expansions of
supply would also be correlated to enhancing the value and capacity of the network.

>> No.9903620

>>9903401
The stench of unshowered hippies powers the holochain. Someone post the cringe youtube video link of the dyke holo employee. I need a good cringe today.

>> No.9903654

>>9903620
holy shit can you 20 year old retards just fuck off back to fortnite or something.

Holy fuck there's some stupid fucking kids here.

--------------------------------------
Here's more for you OP....
--------------------------------------

While Reserve Accounts may temporarily expand the supply, they only do so in response to
increased demand. As hosts redeem their hosting credits, the supply decreases again. The
expansion of the supply raises liquidity for hosts giving them an opportunity to cash out
increasing perceived value

>> No.9903698
File: 962 KB, 320x260, 1456326680647.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9903488
>>9903433
fucking REKT

>> No.9903711

>>9903604
>>9903654

So could it still *possibly* become lucrative for people to just hold Holofuel to increase their FIAT or is it only profitable for the holo hosters?

>> No.9903731

>>9903654
I just don't understand why I would buy HOT now if I don't plan on buying hosting services.

>> No.9903757

>>9903711
Art Brock himself said he could see a day where Holo reaches a dollar.

Obviously that's a pipe dream for now, but Holo will equal computational power on the network and as useage goes up the value will slowly rise with it.

I think what they are trying to say is that they tried to make it as stable of a currency as possible while still allowing for a natural inflation but guarding against pump and dumps.

>> No.9903777

>>9903731
Because the assumption is the value will go up since the price is insanely low right now. If the whole network is valued at 100 million dollars and there's 2000 active plus nodes, how long do you think it will take for the price to go up if dApp creators realize they can host on the Holo Network for pennies?

As with anything in life, good deals don't last long.

>> No.9903965

>>9903757
>>9903777

Thanks for explaining.
I can get behind the worth of holofuel rising with usage and adoption. I just read it as the holofuel will have a 'locked' price once the network is up, and an inflation and deflation of the supply would ensure that.

>> No.9904157

>>9903965
Arthur Brock has even said that $1 isn't a ridiculous future price with adoption

>> No.9904234

>>9903488
based

>> No.9904694

>>9903711
If you smell like the smell of rotting pickles and like hairy buttholes holochain is probably for you.