[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 885 KB, 500x418, anigif_enhanced-buzz-25260-1411399103-7.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
988541 No.988541 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /biz/, I'm halfway through my undergrad as a social work major, and while I like the feels I get from the work, I recently woke up to the fact that I need money if I want to build a stable family life. I'm told constantly that this isn't a field for people who want to make money. What should I minor in, transition into, or generally do in order to set myself up for good prospects and a good salary when I graduate?

>> No.988548

start your own company and get some of dem sweet GOVERNMENT GRANTS

>> No.988894

>>988548
Already thinking down this line.
Anything else?

>> No.988906

>>988541
Why even major in social work?

Enjoy unemployment. If you wanted an easy but pretty good major you should've done marketing or finance like everyone else.

>> No.988908

>run a non-profit
>pay all would-be profits to yourself as salary
>???
>profit

>> No.990561

>>988906
I majored in it BC of feels, I felt like I couldn't be a robot and go all out for money, so my knee jerked and I went in an opposite direction. I've woken up to this, hence my deciding to change direction. Not going all out Arigato Mr. Roboto, but the fact is, I need to change direction if I want to be able to live comfortably and do the things I want to do (travel, leisure, etc.). I'd like to work to improve peoples lives, but I don't want to be dirt poor doing it.

>> No.990621

>>988541

Stick with the feels.

As long as you make enough money to live, you will sleep more soundly at night with this career that you care about.

Don't trade your passion for glory.