[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 42 KB, 495x593, 1344493460691.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9879821 No.9879821 [Reply] [Original]

>be me
>be with company for almost six years
>applied for new job year ago in different department
>have had two reviews so far (we have two a year)
>next one coming soon
>in first review boss basically explained review process for the dept and said something along the lines of promotions are based on seniority
>said and I quote "we like to see you'll be committed to the company" (this one irritated the fuck out of me as if 5 years hasn't shown anything)
>company policy says you have to be here for
>two years for II level
>three for III
>five for IV
>eight for V

now since that first review I've done nothing but bare minimum asked of me and in my second review I got a baked score of right in the middle and my boss says
>"you're doing great since you're new this is right around where we like to see you"

It's really sapped my interest of working hard at all. Why bother improving if promotions are based on seniority and not what I bring to the table? I've heard many people say that's not actually company policy and he does that because he doesn't want to give people raises

I like the job and company, but I'm getting to a point where I think I may look for a new job.

How do I be honest with my boss that I can't give a flying fuck about doing more than the bare minimum if this is how it's going to be?

>> No.9879840

if they are truly based on seniority, then you're SOL.

if that's an excuse and other people have been promoted outside of that policy, then they are jerking u around and u should tell them to s your d.

>> No.9879854

Do more than the bare minimum you ass hat. Do work of folks above your position if possible. Then go into your next review and show you not only mastered your own shit but you also do X, Y and Z which is what you’d be doing in the position above anyway. If they still say it’s based on seniority then find a new job because that place sucks dick

>> No.9879890

>>9879854
My fucking god, how is this not common fucking sense?

Cheers, based Anon.

>> No.9879928

Don't listen to these cucks

Every ounce of value you provide to the company over your salary is profit for those on top. So do as much work as they compensate you for.

It's mutually beneficial exchange. If they aren't rewarding/compensating you enough, then you should go elsewhere (scary, but believe in yourself! Otherwise they have power over you in your fear of leaving).

>> No.9879946

>>9879854
>do more
>get told its based on seniority
>spend 6 months busting my ass

no

>> No.9880320

>>9879821
You shop around and find your real worth. If you genuinely like where you are take the offer to your boss and make him beat it. Make sure you qualify the shit out of the offer. Ask questions. Find out what bonuses, advancement, insurance, 401k, etc they offer and compare the 2.

My company has one of the lower salaries in my industry buy i get about 7% bonus on the money i make (over 1mil last year brought in...gonna be over 1.5mil this year) plus 4% 401k match, 80% health insurance paid. Car allowance. Profit sharing on top of all that which is another 3-5k a year and its an ESOP so i earn shares of the business every year. When i retire in 20 years that alone will be over 1/2 mil in value.....and we are desperate for people who can do my job. We have to train unqualified people that are hungry and willing....construction is where its at

>> No.9880338

>>9879928
I fired you a couple months ago, didnt I. Dumbass