[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 79 KB, 553x567, 1513017118871.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9869835 No.9869835 [Reply] [Original]

Just got done speaking to a friend who most would consider 'institutional money'. I asked him if institutions were genuinely interested in crypto. He works part of a emerging technologies team. To start, institutions are interested in the technology. They see it as something viable. More so the blockchain technology and less so cryptocurrencies. Crypto itself has to prove its worth its weight in gold, so to speak. Thus far, the majority of crypto is vaporware with flimsy FA to pump prices. From his POV this lessens the image of cryptocurrencies. In terms of use cases for cryptocurrencies Institutions are focused on a medium of exchange crypto, i.e bitcoin.

So you might be wondering, why are institutions not buying in, the problem is its highly likely tether has falsely inflated the price of the marketcap. So, essentially youre buying a house of cards. But I stated 'tether narrative is just FUD' he said that may be so but it doesnt help when exchanges are not cooperating, exchanges such as bitfinex. I said 'well, whats the probable out come'...he said the most likely course of action is:
>Tether is likely exposed for inflating market prices
>CME is forced to delist bitcoin futures
>Because of this institutions will not be entering the market
>A purging will occur where BTCs true price will be found.
I asked at this point, whats a low ball figure...he said, when did Tether first turn up? I replied 'in 2015'....the price of BTC was around $400.

We ended the conversation with him stating institutional money will enter the space but now is not the time. They're in no hurry.

>> No.9869871

>>9869835
nice fud. but you have to understand that institutional money wants to get in and WILL get in. they are waiting on regs and custody solutions right now. tether issue will be a thorn in our side until we see the total crypto market cap pump

>> No.9869895

>>9869871
why does it even matter if they are in? you realise that they wont pump your bags right?

>> No.9869910

nice larp
Nobody cares. Big boys have money to make else where

>> No.9869918

Tldr of this larp please

>> No.9869930

>>9869918
>We ended the conversation with him stating institutional money will enter the space but now is not the time. They're in no hurry.

>> No.9869938

>wait for bitcoin to dip due to tether fud
>make thread claiming you talked to whale who predicted tether fud
>OP feels mysterious and cool in his mom's basement

>> No.9870030

Lol institutional money is in the game since sub 300 mate.

They just aren't moving or selling cause they saw how fragile the market was with a couple thousand btc from mt gox.
They'll make more playing the market rather then crashing it.

>> No.9870072

You are so wrong.

Institutional money already is in the market, remember that 6666.66 USD BTC price thing ?

They will pump the market as soon as EOS launch is completed, right now we are in a coordinated dump during EOS mainnet launch.

>> No.9870428

>>9870072
They are not. There is so little actual money in the crypto space compared to the marketcap. Its at least a factor of 10. Its almost entirely driven by amateur investors and maybe a handful of smaller hedge funds.