[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 27 KB, 680x452, 582.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9834648 No.9834648 [Reply] [Original]

>"The debate on virtual assets is just beginning. None of us know where it will end. But it has forced us to rethink. We have learned that virtual assets respect no borders. Regulation is often behind the curve, unable to keep up with daily developments. At least the developments we know about. As a result, some countries have outlawed virtual currencies. Others have new, strict laws to control them. Many countries simply don’t know what to do. Their policy is bewilderment. Or avoidance. And, some countries think virtual currencies are only a problem for developed countries like Switzerland, or Germany, or Singapore, or the United States.

But virtual currencies may – will – become part of the economic practices of any country, anywhere. Let me repeat that: these currencies are not going away and they will proliferate to every economy and every part of the planet. Some places, small economies, may become dependent on virtual assets for survival. And, these currencies will be outside traditional monetary intermediaries, like government, banks, investors, ministries, or international organizations.

We are witnessing a technological revolution. Perhaps we are witnessing a modern miracle."

>> No.9834653

>"I started by mentioning the late Secretary General, Dag Hammarskjöld. At a dinner in 1957, he said that “the work for peace is basically a work for the most elementary of human rights: the right of everyone to security and freedom from fear.”

Blockchain is more than technology: it is an advance that reaches out into every aspect of life. We could use Blockchain to address the most basic, the most primal problems on our planet: corruption, income distribution, poverty, food, and health care. And, the fear billions of people experience everyday as they try to survive.

As a young child, I would come to this building in search of solutions to the problems of the world. Now, today, we may have found one of those solutions – bigger, bolder, more comprehensive, and more effective than anything imagined before. And, as a regulator, I am pleased to be part of your discussion.

We have discussed the most basic problems through the prism of a rising technology. I join with you in our search – our struggle – to find solutions that find the human face of this technology.

Thank you."

>> No.9834739
File: 116 KB, 356x302, 1503699268246.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9834648
this good or bad

>> No.9834808

>>9834739
good, but good news doesn't do shit for this market anymore.

>> No.9834847

when an where did this happen and who was the person saying it?

>> No.9834890

>>9834847
CFTC Commissioner
https://cryptoslate.com/cftc-commissioner-says-we-are-witnessing-a-revolution-cryptocurrencies-are-a-modern-miracle/

>> No.9834948
File: 1.40 MB, 200x150, whaaaaaaaaat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9834890
are the CFTC supposed to be the good cop and SEC is the bad cop?

>> No.9834990

>>9834648
>And, some countries think virtual currencies are only a problem for developed countries like Switzerland, or Germany, or Singapore, or the United States.

It is, for poor countries this issue has always existed, just that instead of crypto it was dollars or euros, currency controls have always existed in the developing world.