[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 189 KB, 1094x1280, amazon chart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9799711 No.9799711 [Reply] [Original]

there are a lot of fears that the crypto market/coins in particular could crash. Remember the Amazon and Apple bubble during the dot.com crash? they re giants now, so.. what s your take on skycoin from this point of view?

>> No.9799873

basically you need to look at altcoins just you would at startups.. dont put your eggs in one basket and hope for the best. as for SKY, sure looks promising. however it s a platform coin, their promise will take a long time to fulfill.. this is the future of the internet though

>> No.9799944

Skycoin will perform just like theglobe.com did in 1999/2000.

>> No.9799961

the bubble is in your head.
look at this shit https://saveyourinternet.eu
that's why sky is undervalued af right now, exactly at the same level as btc in 2012

>> No.9799972

>>9799873
>the future internet is decentralized hehe

kill yourself

>> No.9800005

there are loads of coins out there.. you want to ask specific question before investing. Whats their purpose? do they solve a real problem? Is their team good? How strong is their code base? and so on..do your home work before investing

>> No.9800031
File: 131 KB, 640x642, kisagun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9799711
so we just have to wait 17 years for the next bullrun?

>> No.9800061

>>9799972
Wooah, no strong overreacting here, I see.

Dude, if they pulled off the testnet, they can pull off the real thing by scaling. Then it becomes a question of time to accumulate a user base.

>> No.9800119

It' perfectly normal to have doubts. nothing is certain, but everything goes like this.
There are 3 steps:
1. Hype
2. Crash
-------------
3. Normalization

Now we are at "-------" towards normalization. The cryptoland will selfclean and the systems that are truly useful and which are meeting ppl needs will survive.
that' s why Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google survived, because they generated value fren.
I have no doubts about skycoin survival.

>> No.9800145

>>9800061
I'm not saying they can't do it, I'm saying it's useless. Things like google and facebook, aka 90% of the internet can't be made decentralized

>> No.9800209

its great times we re living. you re prob going to see mergers, aquisitions, some coins will fail still their open source code will be put to good use, their dev teams hired by surviving coins and so on

>> No.9800231

if you want to act like an investor though, go after established players not fly by night projects. i own Ripple, Ethereum, SKY

>> No.9800247

as for SKY, the premises are great. the meshnet sounds a bit utopian but there are other goodies in their ecosystem

>> No.9800504

>>9800145

I don't see why not. Large websites can run perfectly well on decentralised networks. Loads of marketplaces with very complex backends run perfectly alright on things like tor. No reason why that shouldn't be the case for Sky.

>> No.9800780

can't stop wondering about these 3rd generation crypto. they say it's nothing we've seen before and they r big message is about eradicating past crypto flaws.
we've seen how complicated is for bth&eth to update and rebrand. 4th, 5th... generation crypto will take over before we can build trust. how is it going to work for sky?

>> No.9800870

>>9800780
relax, u'll be gone by then, make the most of it while alive and let u're grandchildren wondering around
the best we can have is happenin, join the fleet, invest in sky if it's appealing to u and enjoy the skyride