[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 16 KB, 351x351, 1521081737906.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9785606 No.9785606 [Reply] [Original]

How do I start a business?

>> No.9785618

>>9785606
YOU DON'T BECAUSE THE SEC WILL DELCARE YOU A SECURITY AND THEN YOU'RE FUCKED LIKE ETH AND NEO

>> No.9785644

>>9785606
Just bee urself :^)

>> No.9785664

>>9785644
How do I be the me that successfully runs a business?

>> No.9785709

>>9785664
Here's my general formula
- think of something you're interested in but that's not too popular (so not like bodybuilding or video games)
- create a website
- create content around this topic (I write long blog articles)
- this generates organic search traffic from Google
- when you're getting, say, 1000 users a day find products related to your topic
- start selling them on your website

Very low risk, low cost, but takes a lot of time

>> No.9785714

try a pool cleaner vacuum while underwater, especially with a heated pool, it will give you the best orgasm of your entire life. the fans rapidly but gently smack the head of your dick while giving really strong suction. obviously stick your fingers in first to make sure it's safe, not every pool vacuum is the same. I've had blowjobs from 3 different women and 4 different men, I've used vacuums, cock-pumps, fleshlights, vibrators... and NOTHING compares to the pool cleaner. I'm not even fucking kidding right now, if you get the chance, try it. the only thing that is even remotely close to how good that pool vacuum felt was straight up vaginal sex with this fat chick who had a really warm snatch, it was like sticking my dick into a wet loaf of banana bread straight out of the oven, and yes this fucking pool cleaner vacuum was better than that. I don't own a pool or else I'd be doing it every day. unfortunately the owner of the pool caught me doing it so I'm not allowed to be within 1000 feet of his house anymore but it was so fucking worth it, I'm telling you that fucking pool vacuum is like heaven. honestly the only reason I even want to get rich is so I can afford my own house with a heated pool and of course a pool vacuum. I can't wait to buy a dozen different brands and styles of pool cleaners and fuck them all. I live for that day to come.

>> No.9785734

>>9785618
NEO is 100% security, ETH is not

>> No.9785798

>>9785709
Wouldn't I usually just be buying something from China that someone else can probably buy cheaper?

>> No.9785861

>>9785798
yes

but you'd be surprised how un-savvy a lot of people are. They'll just buy from the first place they find something rather than shop around

>> No.9785906
File: 1.03 MB, 1019x746, 9DCA164D-048F-4A51-94E7-A390BB784BB7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9785714

>> No.9785969

>>9785861
So it's pretty much dropshipping? Does that business model still work nowadays?

>> No.9785981

>>9785709
do you do anything to promote your blog? if so, how and where?

I'm thinking of creating a blog about certain topics and coupling that to a youtube channel as a side hobby for now and maybe monetize it in the future

>> No.9786004

>>9785714
you should always test any device like that with your fingers or something. you can't fuck around with this type of stuff, you gotta be safe, because you only get one dick. for instance, I didn't just dive into the nearest pool and start fucking the pool cleaner of a complete stranger. these people were one of my wife's best massage therapy clients, and they had a really nice house with a huge pool and hot tub. we were invited over for a bbq one day, and that's when I first noticed the pool cleaner vacuum. I've had my fair share of vacuums in the past, but never a pool cleaner. it was right then I realized that I would do anything to fuck that pool cleaner vacuum. every time I came over I made an effort to take a dip in their pool, which would increase my chances of being left alone for just long enough to have my way with the pool cleaner vacuum. the problem is, the pool cleaner vacuum wasn't always in the pool, which made things even more complicated. to make a long story short, eventually I did find my opportunity. me, my wife, and the couple were hanging out in the hot tub and eventually all 3 of them decided they wanted to go inside and get ready for dinner. of course I told them I wanted to stay a little longer, and maybe take a dip in the pool: which of course had the pool cleaner vacuum going. as soon as everyone was inside, I jumped into the pool, which was only slightly colder than the hot tub thanks to the pool heater. I immediately swam over and stuck a finger inside to see if it was safe. sure enough, I felt the gentle fan blades tickling my finger with such an amazing suction feeling. without hesitation, I pulled my swim trunks down and stuck my penis inside. it was heavenly bliss. within no more than 30 seconds I had one of the most powerful orgasms of my entire life, I was literally stunned from the feeling. the best part is I didn't even get caught until my third encounter with the pool cleaner vacuum... those were the good days.

>> No.9786010

>>9785606
Want a clichê that works?

Find a solution to a problem, make a proper business plan - start by doing a business Canvas, ask for third party criticism (not your friends or family), make adjustments. It's not rocket science you just have a ton of competition. Rule number one for ANY business, more important than finding new clients is to make the current ones happy

>> No.9786028

>>9785981
>do you do anything to promote your blog?
I have social media pages but only to make it look more legit. I get hardly any traffic from them. Over 90% of traffic is organic Google etc. It's the best kind of traffic because it's free

>> No.9786064

>>9786028
any good resources that you could recommend getting in to this? I know how to google but would need to sieve through the bs so anything that was really helpful for you? e.g. how to actually create the website (via some homepage builder or self-coded, domains etc.)

>> No.9786066

>>9786010
Not asking for any specific ideas or solution to problems, but how do I find them?

>> No.9786109

>>9786064
Shop around for domain and hosting (try and get a .com domain)
Use wordpress to build the website, find a nice theme, etc - you can do this without coding and it can look pretty good
For the content, google search the phrase you want to rank for then make your content better (longer, clearer, more detailed, diagrams, pictures, and so on) than the top 3 results
It takes fucking ages (like 6 months) for a website to start ranking well and at the start you're putting in a load of work without getting any results. I'm sure there's easier ways to get traffic but SEO is what I know

>> No.9786198

>>9785981
Fellow youtuber here (and no i wont tell you faggots who i am since you will fck me up for no reason).

Just to pinpoint out about Youtube is that its really hard to start off. I have talked to other Youtubers and basically the following line describes it best:

"Imagine being a Youtuber means like having a shop in the desert. Now you need to have some customers who know where you are at this exact x and y coordinate. Since its the desert its really hard for someone to find you hence you need to light up a beacon or cause some kind of light for someone to even see you. Otherwise you will be just in the dark in the desert with other shops."

The thing about Youtube is that its just not really:
>Kek i make youtube and people watch me.

You seriously need to consider streaming, social media work - talking about being on twitter retweeting stuff, being on facebook posting stuff, having a good connection, co-operating with other youtubers etc.

Its more than just a i will upload videos and people will watch it. Thing is that something that you are going to do is already done by 3 people unless you are really lucky and have that <1% chance of doing something that nobody knows of. Of course with that is that nobody knows about what you are doing talking about hence you will have a low viewership.

Also consider that it usually takes about 8 hours to create good content and about 4 hours to create simple content. Ever harder content can take days if not weeks. Nobody will watch pajeet quality style videos so dont even think about doing videos in 1hour.

Youtube is a lifestyle. Just a warning! But do it, thats how i did it :) hard work pays off. Been doing it for 2 years now as a sidejob.

>> No.9786241

>>9786198
>and no i wont tell you faggots who i am
b-but I want to watch your videos anon.

>> No.9786244
File: 160 KB, 945x1500, 95A5DDB1-9196-44E8-9A9A-AC943548AF82.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786198
what motivated you to /make it/ on youtube?

>> No.9786298

>>9786241
Sorry fren, 1st rule of /biz never give out personal information. Im sorry! Really would love to but some men here want to see the world burn. CBA with some DDOS or random bullshit.

>>9786244
I actually was really fond of it about 6-7 years ago when i watched people create content on Youtube. I watched a couple of Youtubers who made it and then failed miserably due to reasons like quitting Youtube or just becoming addicts. If you search around you will find there is a bunch of them in that category. Why this was an important step was to learn how they made it and what kind of difficulties/things they did and had.

I have always been a person of creativity and Youtube is like a place where you can be yourself to the world. I dont mind being on the spotlight and i really enjoy doing something on my own. I recommend Youtube for people who want to create stuff but dont have the means of doing it (money wise). Like dont get me wrong it would fricking rad to create a business (like a factory) or create your own shop, but creating a factory costs 1mln minimum. Not trying to do pajeet tier shit.

I work as well but 3x per week and i stream + youtube for the side. I enjoy this lifestyle because 3x per week i just get outside of the house and i max spend 2x per week for youtube and streams. Sometimes when im bored i stream more. The good thing about Youtube and Streaming is that you are the boss of yourself. Of course you cant screw over your fans (customers) by not doing it, but you have more free time, can decide when you want to work and also how much. Thats why i find it really good. It fits my personality. If i feel like doing it, i can do it straight for 2 weeks. If i feel like i want to take a 2 week break i take it and publish premade videos on youtube. That way the connection stays. ATM i have about 30 premade videos so whenever i want to take a vacation i can take it. It works for me anons! But to start it takes shitloads of time though!

>> No.9786329
File: 437 KB, 780x1170, 1460908860041.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9786198
thanks for the heads up

the content I want to publish is not really done by other people atm (there some "casual" videos in this space but I plan on going more in-depth) and it has the opportunity to be interesting for a lot of people (I'm thinking of two big audience types that can save "money" or resources and time, respectively by consuming my content)

on paper, my rough plan looks decent and potentially promising, at the very least for a hobby and spontaneous endeavor. I guess it's best to just fucking start and roll out content and a blog to see what the response over time will be instead of theorycrafting like a retard?

>> No.9786344

>>9786298
How do you deal with copyright on youtube? Do you make original audio/visual content?

>> No.9786350

U DONT

>> No.9786634
File: 127 KB, 1080x1350, 1459541524357.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump

>> No.9786864

>>9785734
how does that make any sense? both were sold in an ICO, neo has better chances not being a security (but still neglible) because they refunded the money, but eth is surely a security

>> No.9787074 [DELETED] 
File: 602 KB, 801x808, 1476218207035.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm so angry, there use to be a website list, I think it was by the OECD or the Worldbank, I even posted it a few times on /biz/ many moons ago, maybe IMF where it gave you step-by-step instructions how to register a business in every single country on earth. Told you how much fees were (if any) where to register, how long it would take. It was so exhaustive, but now I can't find it!

>> No.9787156

>>9786864
ETH is 100% a security and ETH bagholders are 100% on suicide watch.

>> No.9787607
File: 225 KB, 728x1092, 1462265967ariana_grande_black_pantyhose_feet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump for based yt brah to come back

>> No.9788486
File: 183 KB, 684x755, 1524658114187.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9785606
Anon, I just made a website two days ago with wordpress. I plan to do affiliate marketing, but I'm still trying to think about how I want to structure the site and whatnot. I don't care to be rich, I just want to have freedom.

Anyway, you can try affiliate marketing if you want to go the digital route.

>> No.9788862

>>9788486
with a self hosted domain or with wordpress.com?

>> No.9788870

>>9785606
liquidate everything you have and buy RLC

>> No.9789312

>>9788862
I have my own domain name. It's not expensive, and you don't want to have some .wordpress.com on your website

>> No.9789331

Try sucking 1 million cocks for $1

>> No.9789728

>>9785606
Manufacture pool cleaner vacuums and market them for bachelors who don't have pools.

>> No.9789939

Was going to make a thread but this one is somewhat close to what I wanna ask. I have been doing some solo shit like manual labor type stuff as a side to some other work I do on a more steady basis for some “bosses”. The other work is getting more infrequent and doing handyman type shit sucks. I’m thinking it would be good to start something with a partner but have no idea on how to connect with someone who wants to legally hustle and make some money. I am looking to formulate ideas and gain mutual accountability with a partner and only know unmotivated people right now.