[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 39 KB, 800x635, bcas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9640140 No.9640140 [Reply] [Original]

I'll be honest, its not a very good reason. But the only reason Bitcoin Cash has been fairing well thus far is do to its potential to out perform Bitcoin...and an excessive amount of shills.

At a certain point, Miners are going to switch over to mining Bitcoin Cash because of higher profits and an eventual influx of hash rate.

Basically, Bitcoin Cash will flip Bitcoin someday. It could be this year, and it could be years later. By the time it does, crypto might not be worth anything, and it if does you'll be rich as hell.

I don't really give a shit about satoshi's vision or roger ver, I'm just looking at some simple points that could indicate significate growth in BCH's future. Given how random the cryptomarket can be lately, who knows what will actually happen.

>> No.9640187

hello i have 47 bch. will i make it to toyota camry land?

>> No.9640219

>>9640187

If Crypto doesn't burn in hell as a ponzi scheme, I would say most likely. I wouldn't expect it to be an overnight thing. I would just be cautious of major crypto changes in the world, but BCH has clear advantages to make it strong for at least the next 2-3 years.

>> No.9640252

It won't flip, if chinese miners try anything BTC will roll out an emergency PoW change and difficulty adjustment mechanism change. Dimwitted miners will be stuck with masses of antminers that can only mine bcash at a loss since difficulty will skyrocket as every chinese miner is stuck with nothing to mine besides bcash.

Miners don't understand they're easily replaceable and there's many multi-algo or hybrid PoS systems ready to take over the second they screw up.

>> No.9640445

>>9640252
This is never going to happen. There's a much simpler defense against BCH. Just increase the blocksize.

>> No.9640543

>>9640445
kek
it always starts slowly

>> No.9640637

>>9640445
>This is never going to happen. There's a much simpler defense against BCH. Just increase the blocksize.
They will still protest it, they hate segwit more as it makes layer 2 transactions easier and disrupts covert asicboost. If you look back before S2X failed most of the bcash supporters were losing their shit over how segwit would destroy BTC.

>> No.9640639

>>9640445
can't increase the blocksize without miner support
it requires a hardfork

>> No.9640652

>>9640252
>implying jihan doesnt have asics for every cryptographic hashing algo possible
>implying he doesnt have enough btc to rule any PoS change too
he literally wins no matter what corecucks do

>> No.9640703

>>9640652
proof of work of any kind is economies of scale, any proof of work algorithm will yield a distribution of ownership of hashrate described by a pareto distribution.
The 1 percent is not constant because innovation is heavily rewarded with marketshare. Meanwhile proof of stake guarantees an oligarchy because marketshare rewards more marketshare
it's only communists who have a problem with proof of work because they replace reality for ideology

>> No.9640727

>>9640652
I think he might end up destroying both chains if hes too greedy. BTC whales may prove fatal for it in the long run.

>> No.9640750
File: 957 KB, 3840x2160, B for Cash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BCH:
+ Approximately 150 transactions / sec
+ Non-reversible transactions allow for instant acceptance by merchants (0 conf)
+ Difficulty is adjusted every block
+ Scales on-chain
+ Still includes input scripts in the blockchain
+ Most of the people that made Bitcoin what it is today now support Bitcoin Cash
+ Big exchanges added support for BCH almost immediately
+ Have larger scripting capabilitiess
+ Works as described in the original Bitcoin whitepaper

BTC:
+ Approximately 6 transactions / sec
+ Transactions can be replaced to return your payment back to yourself
+ Difficulty is adjusted every 2016 blocks, adding risk of complete freeze if miners leave
+ Tries to scale off-chain but nobody knows how routing will work (Lightning Network), will eventually need a backbone of hubs
+ Removes input scripts from the blockchain on non-SegWit nodes
+ Controlled by Blockstream, denies code that don't align with the company vision
+ Got to keep the original ticker symbol
+ Several opcodes are still disabled in scripting
+ Not meant to be used as cash, claims to be a store of value

>> No.9640771

>>9640703
>The 1 percent is not constant because innovation is heavily rewarded with marketshare
There's not much to innovate with when it comes to SHA256 hashing. Any new mining ASIC is unlikely to make any sort of decent RoI, semiconductor manufacturing has a very high barrier to entry meaning it almost always ends up in a duopoly or very small number of vendors, see intel/amd ati/nvidia.

>> No.9640785

>>9640140
This never really sunk in until recently with the bitcoin gold double spend attack.

It currently takes 11.17% of the Bitcoin network hashrate to acquire 50% of the Bitcoin Cash hashrate, allowing a large miner to conduct a double spend on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain. There are three bitcoin pools in bitcoin who could do this on their own.

Bitcoin does not have this problem as it holds the majority of the SHA256 hashing power in the world. Bitcoin cash does have this problem, since its in the same race, but 9 laps behind.

That's not fud. It's not propaganda. It's math.

The numbers don't lie.

Bitcoin Network Hashrate: 37681 TH

Bitcoin Cash Network Hashrate: 4209 TH

4209/37681= 11.17%

>> No.9640801

>>9640785
Except the miners are backing Bitcoin cash, which is why they are discussing using a portion of the block reward to fund development.

>> No.9640818

>>9640750
Wow blockstream is so evil guess I better go with the shitcoin controlled by either bitmain or the chinese communist party rather than one of the many altcoins that are vastly superior in tech and not controlled by fucking commies.

>> No.9640876
File: 781 KB, 1860x3984, Bitcoin Wars The Fork Awakens (A New Hope).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9640818
bitcoin cash has american developers and more nodes in usa than in both europe and asia.

>> No.9640878
File: 604 KB, 1600x1200, 1524178516982.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When are you faggots going to upgrade to the next-gen bitcoin?

>> No.9640892

>>9640876
Opening 1000 nodes on the same amazon server doesn't count.

>> No.9640903
File: 52 KB, 686x386, DRZCz69V4AABD8W.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9640878
Already did.

>> No.9640941

>>9640252
countless japs and Russians are waiting to take over the missing hash power of chinks were to ever jump ship
I don't know why people make the "once the chinks swap it's over" argument

>> No.9640987

>>9640941
>countless japs and Russians are waiting to take over the missing hash power of chinks were to ever jump ship
>I don't know why people make the "once the chinks swap it's over" argument
The main issue is ASIC production is still largely controlled by Jihan, those haolong miners only just started shipping, I'm not sure how the production of the GMO ASICs went. For the moment he can constrain how many units are delivered to groups outside of the cartel he works with.