[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 515 KB, 816x900, 159.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9629559 No.9629559 [Reply] [Original]

hey guys, anon from /a/ here, currently a no coiner

cashed out from nasdaq and dj yesterday fearing the worst is about to come
made some impressive gains over the last 5 years
not anything close to "bitcoin like gains" but well over 100%

is this a good time to invest in cryptocoins? already bought 2 real estates and I have 100k usd left

looking at the charts it seems a very good time and looking at the posts on reddit and /biz/ everyone is freaking out which means this may be a good time indeed

if its a yes, what should a basic crypto portfolio look like? specially, how much of my potfolio should be Bitcoin / Ethereum? shoul i bother with other coins at all?

thanks in advance

>> No.9629584

>>9629559
don't enter all in yet we may break 7K

>> No.9629586

>>9629559
put your money back in the dow dumbass

>> No.9629599

>>9629559
lmfao don't fucking buy now. this shit is seriously not looking good at all

>> No.9629600

I would checkout Bloomberg coin index https://www.bloomberg.com/company/announcements/bloomberg_galaxy_launch_cryptocurrency_index/

Current Cryptocurrency Weightings
Bitcoin 30.00%
Ethereum 30.00%
Ripple 14.14%
Bitcoin Cash 10.65%
EOS 6.11%
Litecoin 3.77%
Dash 1.67%
Monero 1.66%
Ethereum Classic 1.00%
Zcash 1.00%

>> No.9629601

>>9629559
and it's for sure a good time to buy this is where smart money come in crypto when we surpass 10k it will be too late

>> No.9629605

Wait a few more weeks for confirmation of an uptrend. You are paying attention at the right time, but now is not the time to put in money

>> No.9629607

>>9629600
interesting, i'll check it out

>> No.9629621

>>9629600

Not to shabby.

Fuck ripple, litecoin, dash and ethereum classic though

>> No.9629758

>>9629559

Go at least 30% ethereum. Its "safe." You might as well get some bitcorn too since betting against the king has never worked.

Then pick some shitcoins with the last 40k. Do you want 500% gains? This is where they come.
I'm holding iExec RLC, HPB, Nebulas, Enigma, Modum, Nano, and Bixbox Coin.

The categories and uses of altcoin are as follows:

Cloud computing (RLC/GNT)
Supply chain (VEN/WTC/MOD/ORIGIN/EVE...)
Blockchain +smartcontact backbone (ETH/NEO/HPB/ARK/basically all of them)
DAG (IOTA/NANO)
Privacy(XMR/ENG/ZEC...)
Financial tool(JNT/XRP/LBA/DAO/POLY/QASH/SALT/NEXO)
Advertising incentive(BAT/ADS/ADX...)
Storage(MAID/SIA/SSD)
Decentralized Oracle(Chainlink)
Exchange Coin(BNB/BIX/Huboi token/KCS/COSS)

Do some research into at least five of these before you buy random altcoins because "its the one" to get a better idea of the cryptosphere.

Welcome to the shitshow and please be ready for bitcoin to go all the way down to 0

>> No.9629771

>>9629600
what a joke
ripple ist just a scam LOL

>> No.9629785

>>9629600
Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, and Dash all fucking blow from this list

Ripple, Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash (depending on your alignment), EOS, are somewhat evil and rely heavily on marketing and market manipulation to maintain their position...not that this makes them a poor investment

>> No.9629794

>>9629758
Wow, some good actual advice here, thanks anon.

>> No.9629819
File: 1007 KB, 1920x1080, ImperialBCH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9629559
However, as the value is locked inside an inflationary currency model the value of their
property is heading towards zero anyway. The dollar numbers may appear to always go up, the property price always increasing, but the true value of the dollar is going down faster."
"It's not going to happen that fast, surely," (2) said.
"Maybe, maybe not," I said. "With the state of the global financial system at the moment it's very clear governments, financial institutions, banks and central bankers really have little idea of what they're doing. They're all experts who are repeating each other like parrots. I'm sure they can all wave a book in the air and say ‘this other expert says I'm right'."
"That's great for us, right ?" (2) said. "With the financial systems broken and in disarray this is the perfect time for a workable electronic cash."
"For this crisis ? No," I said. "It'll take us time to work out the implementation details and create working code. Then it'll take even longer to build up a decent network and start getting value into the system. It's not this financial crisis that Bitcoin is being built for. It is to be built to handle to next Global Financial Crisis."
"And when will that be ?" (2) asked.

>> No.9629835
File: 102 KB, 1266x924, Which is the fork.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9629819

"If you look it up," I said, "There have been recessions every 10 years or so for the past few decades. As this one started in 2007/2008 we should expect another around 2017/2018. But it could start before 2014 or after 2020. We really don't know. We just know it will happen. This is when Bitcoin must be fully tested and be able to expand to meet the demand when everything gets screwed up by these experts again. However this time, they will be taking the retirement savings of the Baby Boomers and lumbering the cost of their retirement onto everyone else. The Baby Boomers include these self same experts. This time we need to be able to say no to these experts and allow folks around the globe to exit their local financial system."
"So back to making Bitcoin a scarce resource deflationary system," (2) said.
"Inflationary means a dollar today is worth less than it did yesterday and it will become more worthless over time."
I said, "As this thing is supposed to be around for a very long time, let's expand the timeline out a wee bit. In a hundred years time an inflationary currency will head towards a zero value, right ?"
"Yeah," (2) said.
I said, "And a deflationary currency will head towards an infinitely high value ?"
"That's the one for me !" (2) said.
"There's a problem though," I said. "A value of something is paid for work done today. Tomorrow that same work is worth less because time has been spent. If you spend work on laying down the tiles for a pathway now, why should that value increase over time to infinity ? The work done on those tiles really should decrease in value over time because the tiles themselves will wear down,
the ground beneath moves and compacts slightly requiring more work to fix the location of the tiles in the exact same place again.

>> No.9629843

>>9629794
whatchu got anon. I've got 1 itchy eth on IDEX

>> No.9629853
File: 722 KB, 2530x1718, why bitcoinCASH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9629835
What worth is that initial laying of those tiles now ? An inflationary currency would be better."
"So an inflationary bitcoin is what we should go for ?" (2) asked.
"Not exactly," I said. "If folk's bitcoin were to lose its value immediately upon receiving it then where's their incentive to chew through electricity to run a mining node ? So even though inflationary currency makes better practical sense I think we'll have to go with deflationary for now and see if it works. If it fails we can always set it up as inflationary and get it running again."
"Ok, then," (2) said. "Deflationary it is. How would that be set up ?"
"Well," I said. "This is going to be similar to mining, right ? That means digging resources out of the ground. If it's like gold then there's only so much gold beneath the ground. Over time it will become harder and harder to find pockets of gold. The soil where the pockets are found will become more and more diluted, so there's less gold for every square meter. This means that there will only ever be a maximum amount of gold ever mined from the earth. The remuneration is higher at the beginning and diminishes over time until all gold has been mined. This makes the gold more and more scarcer over time which in turn would force its value upward, so long as there is a positive demand for it."
"What do you mean positive demand for it ?" (2) asked. "Won't it always be in demand ?"

>> No.9629872
File: 237 KB, 550x350, punished ver.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9629853
"Only with a continuously increasing population that has demand for the same scant resources," I replied. "If the human population ever begins to drop significantly then the demand for the same resources will also drop. Gold itself would drop in value as there would be less demand for it. There may even come a time when the population is dropping so fast that gold becomes almost worthless as the gold in discarded electronic equipment is enough for the real demand of society."
"But it would still cost money to gather the discarded electronics and refine the minerals again," (2) said.
"Not at all," I said. "By that time we would have pretty much replaced all labouring work with automated robotics. Mining, recycling, refining, manufacture, fabrication, transportation, buying and selling would be activities heavily carried out with little human intervention. Our current societies and the structures built around and for them are built with the expectation that populations will continue to grow indefinitely. Extend that out a few hundred years. A few thousand years. We either get to a top population equilibrium or our technology makes us reduce our populations. How can we enjoy our beaches if there's standing room only ? It's
not sustainable. We may find, even in our own lifetimes, the beginning of the Great Contraction."
"And what would that be ?" (2) asked.
"That is when we begin the process of dismantling our great cities," I replied. "Folks who don't sell up and move will find themselves surrounded by empty lots and grasslands as machines slowly break down and recycle the material from the neighbourhood houses. The value of properties themselves will drop as there won't be anyone wanting to move to that location any more. The value of land will drop, the costs of construction will drop due to robotic machinery. Those folks who have placed their retirement savings in the
value of their property will see it evaporate.

>> No.9629875

>>9629843

I dont have anything. Im just a bagholder.

>> No.9629890

The FBI CIA NSA steal your info to exploit the stock market

>> No.9630128

>>9629875
what bags are you holding I mean hahaha. Also buy MOD right now jk I'm holding medium size bags buy its so fucking cheap lmao. Have you seen their hardware sensor that is literally in production runs?

>> No.9630776

>>9629758
That was a good post but why no EOS? You know its going to flip bitcoin right?