[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 284 KB, 1536x2048, 7E53CB7F-6186-4F74-9474-7237AB6135FB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9542630 No.9542630 [Reply] [Original]

Your daily reminder that stable coins are an integral part of crypto adoption & are going to be huge in the future, I don’t know why more people don’t own them

One of the biggest announcements recently was the $110M investment Circle is making to create a stable coin. This is a pretty big sign they are going to be big...you don’t spend $110M to not make money

Like we had a run on asic resistant coins & exchange coins, we will have a run on stable coins. Stable coins are going to be huge.

There are two on the market at the moment that offer ways to make money off their adoption. The other two (tether & eventually circle) will not offer you a way to make money of holding them.

>Tether - USD backed stable coin
Literally does what it says, keeps your money stable. No other benefits & run by very shady people

>MakerDao - Crypto backed stable coin
Collatorises your Eth into Dai (their stable coin). Allows you to borrow up to 150% of collatorised assets so a good way to leverage eth or use as a loan to cash out Dai into real world currency. No transaction fees for using but there fees for collateralising your eth. Holder makes money from MakerDao appreciating and potentially using leverage for high risk trading

>Havven - Crypto backed stable coin.
Collatorise your havvens into an Eth backed stable coin called a nomin. They will have USD, EURO, AUD and a few other pairings soon, USD goes live June 11. Nomins are the stable coin pegged at $1USD and meant for real world usage/spending. No cost to collatorise but transaction fees for using Nomins which are redistributed to holders of collatorised havvens. Holders make money from Havven appreciating and network fees from nomins use.

Circle - USD backed stable Coin
A much safer alternative to tether. Cannot make money off this project

There will be more competitors in this space but it’s an oversight not to be holding a stable coin in your portfolio

>> No.9542760

>why dont you buy fiat
hmm i wonder

>> No.9542775

>>9542760
Why buy fiat when you can own the crypto backing the stable coin and make money...

>> No.9542828

>>9542630
.25 MKR, I will get a whole one & 1000+ JNT
I did not like Havven, it seamed a bit short term the storage, couldn't remember exactly desu
I do agree Anon but most don't care or will buy close to the end of the year

>> No.9542965

>>9542828
Any of them will pump hard. I agree MKR is more advanced though i wouldn’t be surprised if Havven pulls something crazy out of a hat.

I don’t understand why more people don’t own these coins. As soon as someone “big” comes out and says something about them, they will pump like crazy.

That aside, we’ll see some decent price growth naturally and stable coins are one of the few projects with a real use case now... most others need mass adoption.

MKR and HAV are the only 2 that you can actually make money on