[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 33 KB, 500x442, 1523921215050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9520687 No.9520687 [Reply] [Original]

-The 'just go all in and 10x 3 times in a row' meme sounds great but any project small enough to 10x in a small time frame is just as if not more likely to dump 90%. Doesn't matter how low the price is, it can always go lower. You're basically rolling a D20 and hoping it comes up 20 three times in a row. Why are you betting your financial future on such shitty odds?

-You should diversify your cryptofolio across a wide range of project classes (currency, platform, protocol, interoperability, payments, computing, etc) and project sizes (high cap, small cap, microcap). You should do this whether you're investing $100 or $100k.

-Periodically rebalance your folio. Once a week is OK, with a market this volatile more frequently is even better. I know you don't want to take profit from that project that's mooning, but no project moons forever. Take profit and rebalance.

-Don't day trade unless you're a Vulcan with 150+ IQ who can afford to spend 16 hours a day watching the charts unemotionally or who is smart enough to develop his own proprietary, highly successful trading algo to do it for him. Are you either of those people? Fuck no you're not. Don't day trade.

-If it's being shilled hard, it means it'll dump soon. If it's being FUDded hard, it means it'll moon... not soon necessarily, but eventually. Don't day trade based on this info (see previous point), but just keep it in mind.

>> No.9520756
File: 103 KB, 470x357, 1394753107220.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9520687
mfw when I already 10x-ed 3 times in a row but was too much of a pussy to gamble my whole stack so I don't have that much to show for.

>> No.9520770

>>9520687
Wrong PCN not dumping only mooning from this point on. Im at 11x RN.

GG no RE

>> No.9520802

>>9520756
Sucks, but don't be so conceited as to think you knew without a shadow of a doubt beforehand that you had the winning ticket three times in a row (of course you didn't know, or else you really would have thrown in with your whole stack).

In most alternate realities, at least one of those coins stagnated and you were relieved you didn't put your whole stack into it.

>> No.9520841

>>9520770
Case in point. See point 5. Tempted anons, think about what possible motive anyone on this board would have to shill a microcap trashcoin to you on a lithuanian crossword afficionado bbs. It must be an overabundance of goodwill for their fellow NEET motivating them, right?

To the curious who don't know how this works yet, go ahead and screencap this and see how PCN is doing a fucking week from now.

>> No.9520856
File: 52 KB, 500x424, Hunter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9520802
In this reality actually one of those coins did 20x and then dropped to shit below ICO price. If I had gambled my whole stack I would have been JUSTed now. The only way I could have realistically made x1000 was if I decided in advance that I would sell once it 10x-ed. So yeah, I know what you mean. Your advice is pretty legit for the newfags that haven't figured it out how this works yet.

>> No.9520949

>>9520687
I thought rebalancing was just a new meme. Some fucker was shilling that Shrimpy app pretty hard a week ago. Do you actually rebalance your portfolio routinely? Do you have a comparison of how it's fared vs HODL?

>> No.9521027

>>9520949
No set time frame, but when I see something in my folio mooning or dipping especially hard I take the opportunity to recalculate percentages and do some redistribution. I kept track of my binance balance vs blockfolio hodl balance for a couple months and was up 7% vs hodling in a two month time frame. That was back in sept/oct.

I saw the shrimpy thing, it sounded appealing but the devs look like amateur hour and I don't trust them not to pull another viacoin with my keys. You could probably write a bot to do similar in python in a couple hours.

>> No.9521058

"-You should diversify your cryptofolio across a wide range of project classes (currency, platform, protocol, interoperability, payments, computing, etc) and project sizes (high cap, small cap, microcap). You should do this whether you're investing $100 or $100k."

Couldn't disagree more. People that buy into this meme are the sheep being fed to the wolves.

Do you really think over diversifying when you have anything less than $10,000 is a good idea?

People who put $100 here and there hoping to become rich some day may as well be scratching off lottery tickets. Even if you did a 10x you you're sitting on $1,000.

If you don't have any substantial amount of money you should put all of your eggs in one basket. But watch that basket very carefully.

>> No.9521107
File: 36 KB, 600x885, 1513740371846.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So you're saying LINK will moon?

>> No.9521172

>>9521058
>People who put $100 here and there hoping to become rich some day may as well be scratching off lottery tickets.
>What you should do instead is use all your money to buy one big single lottery ticket.

Sorry, but the tricks to reliably growing $1MM are the exact same as the tricks to reliably growing $1. The improbability of your hitting the next 1000x is the same no matter how much money you're investing.

If the monthly payments could be comfortably afforded, I would honestly go so far as to advise someone to take out a personal loan and put it in a diversified crypto basket, long before I'd advise them to take their $100 and go all in on DOGE or whatever retarded mooncoin you're so unflinchingly sure is the one and only ticket out of wagie hell.

>> No.9521181

>>9521058
>>9521058
>>9521058

>People who put $100 here and there hoping to become rich some day may as well be scratching off lottery tickets. Even if you did a 10x you you're sitting on $1,000.

this. everyone read that one story on medium about how some newfag went $100 in on digibyte and came in with $10k and think "wow maybe i can do it too"

>> No.9521227

>>9521172
If you want to make real money you do your research and go all-in on something you believe in. Don't go all in on no-name shitcoins with the possibility of mooning.

Go hard into a safer bet like ICX and dollar cost average your way in.

You're never going to make it if you put $100 here and there. This fast crypto money thing isn't going to last forever and if you aren't taking full advantage you're never going to make it in the long run.

>> No.9521237

>>9521172
How much money do I need to become a millionaire EOY?

>> No.9521294

>>9521181
I turned $50 into over 10 BTC last year by going all in. I had a larger stack and was comfortable with trying to go all in to build the stack up.

This was early on in 2017, but there's still moon missions around the corner. There just happens to be a lot more people in the game now who shill their "information" as gospel because they read it in some investing book from the 80's and think that's the only way to make money.

We're encroaching on a time of a shitcoin slaughter and it's right around the corner. The SEC has stated that virtually all of the ICO's they've looked into have been classified as securities. The vast majority of ICO's are ERC20 tokens. The writing is already on the wall.

Invest in safe picks like XLM & ICX that actually have adoption. Don't fall for the "but it's already so highcap!" meme that has been said 1000 times.

>> No.9521308

>>9521237
Probably more than you think.

Go hard into an altcoin and hopefully the price of BTC moons EOY. Stars have to align just right if you want to turn anything less than $100,000 into a million.

>> No.9521353

>>9521227
>If you want to make real money you do your research and go all-in on something you believe in
>believe in

So, basically pray to god and flip a coin? The first step to wise investing is acknowledging you're not all-intelligent and any single pick of yours might shit the bed, no matter how much research you've done into it. The CEO might die in a car crash, the chain might suffer its own version of the DAO hack. You just don't know. Period.

If you pick even just a handful of what you consider solid moon potential projects rather than just the one, you can a) protect against catastrophic Confido-tier events, and b) if one of them moons first, you can move profits into the others to ride their moon missions with, when they come.

All-in requires you to believe that you have the godlike ability to find next week's 10x, and then week's 10x, and then next week's 10x, and etc. Nobody has that ability.

>> No.9521376

>>9521353
>Nobody has that ability

It has continued to work for me. Do your research.

You also blissfully ignored the fact that I said you should dollar cost average your way into a safe pick.

>> No.9521397

>>9521294
That's great for you. Don't fool yourself that you weren't playing the lottery though. And that there aren't a hundred alternate universe versions of yourself that got shit returns because they made the wrong pick, even though they did shit tons of research.

You could have chosen 5 different coins including the one you rode to 10 BTC with and still made at least 2 BTC, except vastly more reliably.

>> No.9521416

>>9521353
For the record I think it's great that you're trying to take a reasonable approach to this. But what you are spouting is far from gospel.

It takes money to make money, and if you're putting in pennies that's all you're going to be getting out in the end unless the stars align just right.

>> No.9521436

>>9520687
peep

coin

>> No.9521437
File: 6 KB, 275x183, Biz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9520687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO0qYZYCidU&index=292

>> No.9522389
File: 125 KB, 621x515, what did he mean by this.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9520949
>>9521027

"in transition" what does this mean? If he were between jobs who cares, his job is shrimpy. Thats nothing to be ashamed of.

This goof troop making me really nervous.