[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 79 KB, 992x900, 1516898011913.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9452252 No.9452252 [Reply] [Original]

I was recently given 10 Alienware M15x's by a friend/Business Partner.

I live in Quebec, and pay very little for electricity, and I have a wine cellar which is pretty much empty and can go to 4 degrees Celcius.

Anons, would hooking these fucking old ass gaming laptops to mine something like Monero etc be profitable.

What is the best coin to mine?
Should I bother using these laptops to mine? (keep in mind it's a good way to break into mining for me)

given the fact I actually pay a flat rate for electricity, and can figure out cooling, is this profitable without another crypto bull run?

Thank you anons for helping biztard

>> No.9452305

>>9452252
first of all dig the gpus out and set up rigs or else you're going to bleeding money

>> No.9452384
File: 252 KB, 1066x600, 1516152060083.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9452305
I was hoping to get one started and figure out literally everything from the ground up.
Things I don't know:
1.the miner to run
2.what mining is
3.the coin to mine
4.where to store it
5. tech specs of a 9 year old laptop I have never familiarized myself with. It's an i7 processor, with decent memory (2gb-max 8gb) and I think each machine is at least running a decent graphics card (idk how to check).

I'm a good trader, i've had fun with crypto and have money to kill, this is mostly a hobby i want to get into

>> No.9452657

> wine cellar
Not to burst your bubble, but how will you account for humidity?

>> No.9453081

>>9452657
Dude idk how i'm going to account for the fact I know literally nothing about mining and /biz/ won't help me!!!

>> No.9453135

>>9452384
Breh you're better off watching some informational videos since it sounds like you literally know nothing about mining.

Like you need a serious guide and a plan to get your shit setup, various tidbits of info from /biz/tards isn't going to get you what you need. Theres probably also dedicated mining websites or even try bitcoin sites with dedicated mining forums (maybe bitcointalk or something like that?)

Good luck though. I've also heard that some people prefer to mine shitcoins en masse rather than the big coins in the hopes that the shitcoins moon eventually

>> No.9453190

>>9453135
I will literally mine turtlecoin for a few days to get my bearings on what the implications of having these cpus set up is.
but info from /biz/ would also be appreciated in the form of links/vids/tidbits of autist advice.

Like for example, how tf do I take the gpus out and keep em rigged for mining...?

>> No.9453587

The most dead ass easy way to start bringing in some money is to use Nicehash. It will never be the most profitable option, but it takes care of all the legwork of mining and pays out in btc.

1. Download: https://miner.nicehash.com/
Note that you need to choose the correct version for whichever brand of GPU you have.

2. Open the program, wait for it to download the various miner programs, select your most relevant server region, and paste in whatever btc wallet you want earnings sent to.

3. Click benchmark. Let it run through them. Then click start mining. You'll probably want to enable the 'start with windows' and 'autostart mining' options, and change windows settings to automatically reboot if it bluescreens.

It will give you a live readout estimate of your earnings per day on each computer. Give each laptop a unique worker ID and you can click that little link to take you to a page that will track the cumulative earnings of your machines.

Don't expect miracles, but for free machines and flat rate electricity you might as well give it a shot.

I hope this helps and that I'm not violating any customs by opening my normie mouth. You all have helped me make money and this is my feeble attempt at paying it forward.