[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 103 KB, 813x1019, 1526336838497.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9440901 No.9440901 [Reply] [Original]

Is opening a LLC/sole trader business and using software to do direct trades on NASDAQ/TYSE a viable career option? I have about 20k of capital.

Do you have to have a special permission from regulatory institutions and if so how do you get it?

>> No.9440938

No you just need enough capital to enter the market without being hindered by rules. The barrier is not approval from regulatory institutions but how much money you bring to the market. I think 25k+ would make you clear of day trading rules. You just have to sign up for an exchange account. NASDAQ/NYSE is an exchange there are brokers who you can make an account with to have access to the products that are being sold on the NASDAQ/NYSE

>> No.9440979

>>9440938
Cool, but I want a direct access to the exchanges not via a broker, I think there is software out there that enables this, no?

I mean I can just use degiro if I need to trade via a broker in my own time (which I already am) but I'm thinking of doing a career out of it.

>> No.9441955

>>9440979

You need a lot more than 25k for direct access. Dyor, but you'll be disappointed. There's a ton of gatekeepers to get past, they don't want filthy peasants in the market directly. And forget trying to get in on good IPOs, it's out of your reach with such a tiny amount.

Make about x10 that amount in crypto, then try again. I'll have more than enough by eoy for that, that's my plan.

>> No.9441986

>>9440901

>20k of capital

>20k of capital
>2
>20k of capital
>20k of capital

AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH