[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 306 KB, 600x807, 600full-rashida-jones.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
940348 No.940348 [Reply] [Original]

What's the best major?

Business Administration vs. Accounting vs. Computer Information Systems?

>> No.940362

What for?

>> No.940367

>>930980

>> No.940374

Why don't you just study what you want to study? For instance, I could tell you CS is the greatest thing in the world but it won't mean shit if you're the type who can never pick up programming.

Why chase what other people see as important? This is the definition of a sheep; waiting for his shepherd to make his decisions for him.

>> No.940380

>>940374

What if you don't have anything that you're truly interested in studying? Or no passion?

>> No.940382
File: 109 KB, 500x750, lomo2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>940380
then try a bit of programming? do you follow markets? stocks? then finance is nobrainer.

>> No.940388

>>940382

I've tried a bit of programming, and it's alright.. I'm actually a CS major, but I'm at a point where it just doesn't interest me enough to care. It's starting to affect my other classes too, so now I'm doing poorly in easy general ed courses where I should be getting As.

I also don't want to do finance and end up working 80 hour weeks.

>> No.940738

>>940348
Accounting.

Business Administration basically means nothing, unless you're going to Wharton or some other bullshit top tier school.

Idk, but CIS seems overblown these days. Plus, the guy writing the code doesn't get paid that much. The guy running the business does.

That brings us to accounting. This degree opens up an unbelievable amount of doors, it also conveys that you have a hard set of business skills, futhermore if everything goes to shit there is always demand for accounting skills so you could always find steady work.

TL;DR
Everybodies already in business administration.
CIS is for code monkeys.
Accounting gives you access to the boardroom, and truly valuable business skills, plus it can be the foundation for other more advanced specializations once you figure out more what you like and what pays well.

Accounting. God mode.

>> No.940752

>>940388
>I also don't want to do finance and end up working 80 hour weeks.
=
>I'm not ready to do what it takes to be successful beyond my wildest dreams.