[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 33 KB, 637x921, 349.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9314481 No.9314481 [Reply] [Original]

market cap is a meme. price is what matters. these are currencies not fucking stocks. what the fuck is the "market cap" of the dollar you fucking brainlets?

>> No.9314494

I know it nowadays and wish i would have understood it before..

>> No.9314513

Well that's an easy question, it's $1.

>> No.9314523

Marketcap of USD is the GDP of the USA.

Read a fucking book.

>> No.9314533

>>9314481
Invest in tron, you can get alot of them for really cheap

>> No.9314539

>>9314523
Its the number of us dollars in circulation. If a single dollar gets spent multiple times it gets added to gdp multiple times but it should only count once for market cap.

>> No.9314592

>>9314481
>t. brainlet
high market cap means that a 2x increase requires much more money in demand than for a coin with a small mk, because some of early buyers inevitably are going to sell during the rise. In case of pow coins there's the additional constant selling from miners to pay their energy bills.

If a coin has a $10M mk and rises to $20M it's literally impossible to have a bigger dump than $20M worth of coins. A 2x rise from $20B to $40B means that theoretically even $40B could be dumped.
Obviously in real life dumped coins are a small fraction (that depends on many factors) of the supposed rise in the market cap, but a fraction nonetheless.

That's why market caps matter.

>> No.9314698

>>9314481

Wow op you’re actually a retard.

Market Cap is the best way to represent totally value. It’s works like this since you clearly don’t know: Circulating Supply x Current Market Value.

Why do you think CoinMarketCap lists coins in order of highest MC to lowest? Was that an accident? Why would anybody care if it’s just a meme? Jesus Christ i feel stupid having to explain this...