[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 35 KB, 1044x680, base.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9264614 No.9264614 [Reply] [Original]

Obviously its OMG / 0x / BAT.

MY question is: When?

How soon do we have? For example - Do I have time to wait until TRX picks up near main net?

>> No.9264858

Calling it right now with Name so you know it's me, OMG 1K EOY.

>> No.9265038

BAT, just lol at thinking the others have a chance

>> No.9265095
File: 37 KB, 640x1136, 51762ec6-573d-4dde-8822-0ec812fccd4f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9264858
>>9265038
Wasnt my question u derps

Im asking how long until coin base releases their first ERC20

>> No.9265119

>>9265095
nobody knows

>> No.9265177
File: 21 KB, 948x709, smug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

REQ, OMG, BAT, ZRX all contenders.
We can't know for sure but it has to be one of them.

>> No.9265205

>>9265095
this
>>9265119
in any case pick the one you're most favoring and set a stop limit. you'll catch the pump whenever the insider trading starts again, see: BAT a couple weeks ago

>> No.9265236
File: 70 KB, 1200x630, silvio.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9265205
see: >>9265177
got a huge chunk of my holdings in these just in case, if not? they're promising anyway and should be safe to hold for a while

>> No.9265265

>>9265177
All of them are extremely likely, pretty much confirmed. But I doubt anything else.

>> No.9265282

>>9265236
Not denying it, REQ is one of the most legit projects in crypto and I'm interested to see how it progresses. The others are safe bets for sure. The thing is, coinbase founders have dropped many breadcrumbs that strongly suggest BAT. If it gets listed, the ROI will be higher than the others.

>> No.9265301

>>9265265
I wonder, if they do get the coinbase treatment, how it will affect their value, whether it will be more like a 1.5x or 100x

>> No.9265312

The token prices on announcement will not move greatly. ETH, for example, began rising in January 2016 when people learned that Vitalik was presenting at Coinbase HQ. When the official announcement came, ETH went up slightly before quickly retreating and never touching ATH for almost another year. LTC had a different story, rising greatly with the initial rumors and then even more on the news, before an eventual major run later on. But LTC had a much lower MC at official announcement (200m versus ETH's 600m). ZRX and OMG both have massive market caps already (especially since people starting pricing in the speculation). The only one that may still benefit most are the contenders under 200m (BAT, REQ, etc.).

tl;dr: I'm buying BAT and REQ and will buy the others once their official announcements come. Kys brainlets.

>> No.9265327
File: 44 KB, 594x396, 2009+NATO+Summit+-SkpMjG3guJl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9265282
Only have 11% in BAT, 7% in REQ. I desperately need this to come through, times are rough man
started to think i'm never gonna make it

>> No.9265339

OMG is significantly more legitimate than ZRX or REQ. BAT is semi legitimate.

I honestly don't understand why ZRX/BAT/REQ get any attention as potentially Coinbase additions at all.

Most of the idea comes from SINGLE tweets or networking connections literally from over 12 months ago. Do you people have any idea how long of a time frame that is in crypto world?

Coinbase is not adding fucking ZRX simply because someone previously from Coinbase is affiliated. Coinbase actually wants to add GOOD coins, not nepotistic coins. It literally makes no sense. If these minor tweets or networking connections weren't there, NOBODY would be talking about BAT or ZRX. I literally think they're both under 10% likely.

But then there's OMG, which doesn't have moonboy tweets from Coinbase from fucking January 2017, yet everyone mentions it. You know why? Because OMG is literally the fucking tokenization of Ethereum scaling.

That's why it's actually going to be added.

>> No.9265381

>>9265339
Lol gay, it's obviously ZRX

>> No.9265396

>>9265312
LTC has different price action because Charlie Lee and the coins community are literally price shills.

>> No.9265416

>>9265327
>>9265339
see
>>9265312

there's no reason to care if the pick isn't a small mcap coin.

>> No.9265431

>>9265339
>Because OMG is literally the fucking tokenization of Ethereum scaling.
>That's why it's actually going to be added.

No. Why the fuck would a normie need OMG in 2018, or ZRX. It's useless to the average end user in it's current state.
Any push for retail buyers to get involved with ERC20 will be one with an exchange of goods model. If you're >INSERT FAVOURITE ERC20< token doesn't have an existing good, service or content to be purchased with it TODAY, Coinbase has no reason to add it.

If you're argument for a coinbase addition revolves around the words "protocol" / "scaling" / "crypto exchange" you've missed the entire reason for ERC20 support on coinbase and their target audience.

>> No.9265436

>>9265396
So my point remains: no point in fomo-ing in right now when everyone is hotly speculating. Better to wait till this news rush blows off (let's be real: this erc20 coinbase debate only came back because market makers wanted to dump some bags) or for the post-announcement dip.

>> No.9265456

>>9265177
I think they are going to blow our minds and release a gang of them at once. Powered by 0x. Moon missions all around forever.

>> No.9265519

>>9265431
You literally have nothing to support any of your shitty conclusions, and everything you said can be applied to early ETH or even BTC. No ERC20 would match your qualifications yet they're adding some anyway.

Ethereum isn't necessarily "meant" to be used as a currency, it's supposed to be virtual machine fuel. Yet it's traded as such plenty. OMG is the same way. And Coinbase are fucking ETH maximalists, if you actually looked at the community itself you'd see how obvious the OMG add is. Anything beyond OMG is pure speculation.

>>9265436
I can't FOMO in because I'm already in. I support OMG because I'm pro-ETH. They're essentially the same thing.

>> No.9265570
File: 503 KB, 1408x1387, 1518708077571.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is everyone thinking it is omisego,

>> No.9265612

>>9265570
Do you understand what OmiseGO is?

>> No.9265616

>>9265570
because these bags are getting heavy

>> No.9265668

>>9265612

Most people still have no idea what OmiseGo actually does and is mate. Don't worry about it tho... more time for us to accumulate.

>> No.9265777

>>9265519

BTC has had active marketplaces since 2010 and worked as a gateway to crypto. To enter crypto in any sense, BTC was an first step for many years.

ETH was the first major platform to launch ICO's on. Opening the ease of access to the largest platform in the industry was an obvious call. When you're selling crypto to retail buyers, you better fucking have no.1 and no.2 crypto choices in both traffic and utility. BCH and LTC again, have active market places and merchant listings. Why am i having to explain such a fundemental reason for coinbase listing them?

BAT would match my qualifications exactly, and also their own strict guildelines. It also has a service / content you can purchase today, on some of the largest sfw VOD sites in the world, among a huge list of publishers you can support. The roadmap explicitly states a bridge for fiat payments to top up the in browser BAT wallet is being worked on. The community manager even posted that it's coming soon. A reputable 3rd party payment provider is required. Coinbase could fill that need perfectly. Ignoring every anecdotal bit of evidence surrounding BAT being added and you still have a educated guess as to how the roadmap would progress when larger fiat adoption arises. OMG doesn't even have anecdotal evidence at being added at this point...

Again, consider the average retail buyer of crypto and the push for adoption of working crypto projects. What will they do with a ZRX token? Even taking OMG on it's best merits (of which it has many) what will they do with an OMG token? P2P payment is the closest thing going for a few of the contenders, but why bother going that route when P2P payment is possible on 5 of 5 current listings?

>> No.9265810

>>9265570
because coinbase is firmly team ethereum and omisego is the clear favorite project of the eth team.

>> No.9265822

>>9265612
Honestly, do you?
Can you write an elevator pitch as to what it does? Then from that why your Aunt's and Uncles should be able to buy it on Coinbase?

>> No.9265827
File: 6 KB, 374x520, 1518859554594.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9265612
I got in crypto last week, so no. Not really.

>> No.9265839

>>9265822
Do the same for ETH

>> No.9265912

>>9265839

ETH is the largest platform allowing smart contracts and ICO's. Coinbase listing this allowed the average retail investor to directly buy ETH and participate in said ICO's of utility tokens.

We're now seeing the fruition of some of these utility projects built on ERC20, with active use cases on popular platforms.

Now tell me again, why would anyone want to buy OMG on coinbase?

>> No.9266019

>>9265777
Nice trips, but your post is bullshit.

Your "anecdotal evidence" is a single tweet from the 1700s in crypto time. BAT is just one of hundreds of cryptos where the only purpose is to serve as a mechanism to buy a specific commodity. My honest opinion is that almost all of these types of cryptos are completely worthless and will be defunct by 2021.

Maybe BAT is different, but there's absolutely no reason that ETH could not be used as the currency for marketing and advertising transactions. The only way to avoid that fate is for BAT to scale it's network enormously. It's been doing a fair job of that, but not enough to compete with the real community of Ethereum.

Like all other "pay for X with Y" tokens, BAT doesn't have much of a reason to exist. Again, it's the BEST token of a shitty type of token, but the argument remains.

OMG is not just for payments. It's for decentralized exchange and fiat cash in and out points. All types of assets can be traded, from crypto to loyalty points to fiat pairings. And at scale. It's an actual DEX that will actually be able to function and it will be supported directly by Ethereum for economic security. Buying OMG is buying a right to process the transactions over the network, which has value as the popularity grows.

It is a direct scaling solution to Ethereum supported directly by the Foundation. OMG is an investment in Ethereum and in the scaled transactions of crypto overall. If Ethereum can be bought by Aunts, so can OMG.

Comparing OMG to a closed system one application token is retarded.

>> No.9266094

BAT, REQ, OMG.

Braindead retards will say xrp/xlm

>> No.9266127

>>9266019
>OMG is not just for payments. It's for decentralized exchange and fiat cash in and out points. All types of assets can be traded, from crypto to loyalty points to fiat pairings. And at scale. It's an actual DEX that will actually be able to function and it will be supported directly by Ethereum for economic security. Buying OMG is buying a right to process the transactions over the network, which has value as the popularity grows.
>It is a direct scaling solution to Ethereum supported directly by the Foundation. OMG is an investment in Ethereum and in the scaled transactions of crypto overall. If Ethereum can be bought by Aunts, so can OMG.
>Comparing OMG to a closed system one application token is retarded.
by your shilltard logic, you can replace OMG with about 15 different coins and your statement would be equally as true

>> No.9266169
File: 21 KB, 300x300, sw2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9266094
i-its gonna b-be ZRX

>> No.9266172

>>9266127
Yeah, except that none of those 15 other coins actually WORK at scale in a decentralized way.

OMG is unique in its use of Plasma to bond with Ethereum and allow for completely generalized decentralized exchange. It's literally the internet of money where any type of value can be exchanged for another type but it ACTUALLY WORKS AND ISN'T A MEME.

The technology was developed by Vitalik and the author of the Lightning Network. It's actual scaling.

No more bullshit REQ/ZRX or whatever "literally who" teams. Real technology by the best in the industry.

>> No.9266237

>>9266172
every time i think about selling my August '17 OMG bags, i remember this is why i invested. i'm in this for the long haul. thanks anon.

>> No.9266250

>>9266019

Except i'm not basing my assumptions on a tweet... i'm extrapolating plans in the roadmap and how they would be accomplished.

>Comparing OMG to a closed system one application token is retarded.
Yea. Perhaps it's also why people can't really articulate why they should buy it from Coinbase. Until OMG has any of what you listed, why list it. There are technical limitations to all of the current listings on Coinbase. Some hotly debated. I won't argue OmiseGo's positive impact on the ETH environment, but you're still not giving anyone a reason to buy it other than speculative investment advice on what could be, not what is. Even then it has a long way to go to become something a normie should touch.

There is a reason to buy BAT today and use it tomorrow if you're so inclined. This has more merits than most are willing to give it, especially when you're working in sales at retail investor levels... or as a payment processor.

>> No.9266298

>>9266172
I do agree with you in that OMG is the furthest along in the same conquest as others, it's just my concern that someone will be late to the party but bring things that are missing. The tech is there, yes, but I have to disagree with the "isn't a meme" and "literally who" teams comments, because, to be fair, OMG has a who team with the exception of the platform and basis for decentralization, which, again being fair, is not by their own creation. They just made it work. For the sake of making it on Coinbase however, I'm not so sure the normies are going to feel any obligation to flock to it if they are unaware of its capabilities. On the other hand (peppering my angus for the REE), BAT has somewhat of a use-case that is simple for normies to grasp and might snag the younger, Youtube and Twitch-addicted generation's attention. Plus they're definitely not a "who team."

>> No.9266324

>>9264614
>Hey does anyone have insider knowledge from Coinbase they wanna share? Thanks.

>> No.9266515

>>9266172
>He thinks REQ and OMG are competitors
kek

>> No.9266534

SEC/CFTC meeting 7th May, declares ETH not a security

Within a few weeks, Coinbase starts selling the "shovels in the gold rush" - ZRX, OMG

More confident in ZRX given the Coinbase connection - they must have their bags filled to the brim

>> No.9266606

>>9266534
it's not going to be ZRX

>> No.9266814

https://blog.coinbase.com/adding-erc20-support-to-coinbase-fe9cba6782b

>coinbase's app, Toshi, is using ZRX for erc20-support (read the article and google toshi zrx)

>> No.9266839

>>9266814
u don't understand mate, 41% of my chadfolio is in ZRX. it's not going to be ZRX

>> No.9266884
File: 95 KB, 1122x1114, 1525464087337.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9266839
It's all speculation whether you're saying it is or it ain't going to be used by CB. Plus they're first going to list the erc20-support coin on GDAX before CB.

>> No.9266914

>>9266839
ya mate; i have 30k zrx. it would be too good to be true for CB to add zrx and even run their engine on it

>> No.9266951

>>9266884
yeh no shit retard

>>9266914
we could make it bro