[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 77 KB, 648x595, 1525462098995.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9258828 No.9258828 [Reply] [Original]

how do you guys 'split up' your crypto?

I'm generating a new address for each coin/token(eth), currently I'm mostly using huobi(exchange), which I guess is 'safer' due to it being unlikely for a chinese company to leave any info to EU(or US, guess it applies aswell but I'm in EU). I occasionally use other exchanges and stuff like coinswitch, so even if huobi were to leave out any information they'd only see the wallets I've withdrawn to, which won't reflect all my holdings at least. (yes I know of decentralized exchanges).

what I'm worried about is that transactions between my own addresses in the future, makes it super easy for some government entity to link all my various holdings together. is this too paranoid? I'm actively avoiding sending stuff between my own wallets, but assume I want to sell in the future, I'd probably end up sending all my stuff to exchanges where I'm "kyc"-verified anyway, so it wouldn't really help..?

I know using huobi and such isn't really being anonymous, but I'm not doing anything illegal, or even holding any large amounts - so I'm not super worried.
but in case crypto at a whole goes south and laws crack down and shit, who knows what could happen, and it takes very little extra work to gain a whole lot more security. localbitcoins is currently not feasible here, and anyway if something does happen in the future, localbitcoins would definitely be targeted.

any opinions? do you just keep everything in the same wallet? linking to exchanges?

I know it'd be possible to fake being hacked by just going through monero and such, we'll see in the future, I'm just looking for some input.

>> No.9258848

>>9258828
Just use Monero or Zcash when you wana move money around

>> No.9258858

>>9258828
Appropriate image