[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 147 KB, 1280x1040, metal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
921412 No.921412 [Reply] [Original]

I'm trying to become an analyst and work with lots of data

Right now I'm majoring in Economics (mostly econometrics) with a minor in Math (mostly stats) and I'm wanting to add in a second minor--something computer-related. I'm curious if I should go with:

>Computer and Information Science
>introduces the theories and techniques of computer science while developing programming skills that are applicable to your major discipline. This will provide a general introduction to computer science including programming experience in at least two high-level languages.

or

>Computer Information Technology
>prepares students to work with evolving technologies for work environments that require development and management of business databases, computer networks, web applications, and software systems.

I'm going to learn SAS, R, and VBA anyway but I'll probably pick up extra skills from doing one of these minors. Which should I choose?

>> No.922772

tfw no one replies to your thread :(

>> No.922775

>>921412
>CIS
>CIT

Both minors are a horrible waste of time. Do one in EE or CpE or just learn the stuff on your own.

>> No.923207

>>922775

why the fuck would I do EE? I said analyst. Go back to /sci/.

also my school doesn't have EE.

I have all these extra credits and I don't know what will help me
>CIS
>CIT
>Business
>Communication