[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 101 KB, 1933x1680, xby_logo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9026408 No.9026408 [Reply] [Original]

Okay, I'll admit it now. I got scammed. Today's "update" is the last straw.

Fool me once, shame on you.. fool me twice, shame on me....

I don't know why I still held on. This is the 4th dev update in a row over the last 4 months where I had hope something would change for the better. XBY has lost me a lot of money and their entire community is to blame. They are deceitful and straight up liars.

Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this crypto and its community as you can.

To be more real, I started with $1000 worth of XBY and it was over $8k USD at one point. Now I'm far below my initial investment and feeling depressed as fuck. The only reason I didn't sell was because of the false promises that they kept spewing out on Discord. I should have realized earlier but I can see now how this whole bullshit scam is set up.

>> No.9026447

>>9026408
what did they do?

>> No.9026523

>>9026447
April "development update"
https://blog.xtrabytes.global/xtrabytes/xtrabytes-news/xtrabytes-april-development-update/

The last 4 months they've blatantly copy and pasted dev "updates" which can be summarized as follows:
>The community made come Xcite wallet updates
>Borzalom is drawing pictures for patents
>Next steps are more Xcite wallet updates

Their plan is simple
1. Make big promises
2. Lure in new people who think "wow that update MUST be soon, it's been so long!"
3. Sell bags to dumbshits
4. Rinse and repeat

>> No.9026566

>but borz is still making improvements on his drawings! the crypto specialized lawyer loves them!

LOL. This is truely getting ridiculous

Does borz even exist or is it just CCR larping? The supposed "borz" really didn't sound Hungarian in the audio they released a few weeks ago (inb4 FUD: partial Hungarian speaking here)

>> No.9026645

>>9026566
I think he exists. There has been audio of him for some of the dev updates and there are photos of him before he removed them on LinkedIn and he has a long history on bitcointalk. CCR is very clearly a scamming rat though. In the last update he said something like "stop unfairly fudding us" while in the same breath he asked the community to give away their XBY for a giveaway (he is one of the largest holders of XBY too...).

>> No.9026696

I have to thank the kind anons that took their time to post a lot of proof that this PoS was a scam, for months on end, when deluded hodlers kept on shilling it back. I made it out still barely with some money left.
Tbh OP there are a lot scam coins out there and they still get pumped. This is a scam but there's always a chance for it to bounce back if you want to sell off higher.

>> No.9026702

>>9026645
ye that community crowdfunding part was sketchy as hell

I feel bad about the team (mods, devs) that actually are genuinely ok and believe in the project, but are being left in the dark by CCR

except dedpull/AndrewK that moody authoritarian bitch, stop being so bantrigger happy (I know he'll eventually end up reading this, like the rest of the team)

>> No.9026796

I feel you, anon. I didn't put much money on this because it was only on Cryptopia when I bought and as they don't offer a stop loss option, I decided to invest just a little ($600) when it was priced at something like 2500 sats, coin doubled in value at some point, but then dropped like a rock and it's 1/3 of my initial investment now. Good thing I only invested $600, but it still feels bad to lose almost all of it.
I didn't pull out yet though, don't feel any reason to do so since I'm at massive loss anyway. Might as well wait for a miraculous recover or just let my investment sink into oblivion for good.

>> No.9026805

>>9026702
I feel bad for some of the team as well. There's clearly a hierarchy and those in lower rungs of the XBY team are getting the shit end of the stick. It would be easy to fall into a sense of false comfort as a dev/mod when your higher-ups are feeding you lies too.

>> No.9026985

>>9026796
Who knows maybe it'll go the way of INT -.- best of luck.

>> No.9027126

guess we'll get a patent update at some point - but maybe without a proof, since the "lawyers will be working on the pantent pending statement"
If not, the holders are screwed already anyways

>> No.9027243

>>9027126
They accidentally created so much hype for the patent though that they've already been trying to cover their asses the last couple updates. They've since said "we can't release all the code once we get patent pending status" and "not all the code will be opensource in the end" and "we have to file for more than one patent". They've already covered all their bases for when/if patent pending happens because they don't have anything to show for once it does.

>> No.9027277

>>9026408
I fell for xspec being a noob. At least we're learning.

>> No.9027347

>>9027243
Credits scam most likely learned this patent bullshit from xby
>muh tps
>patent guize wait a bit no code
Just the same.

>> No.9027356

>>9027277
yes but it feels like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKg2ZzPKl2M

>> No.9027429

>>9027356
>january crash
>scammed by anonymouse devs
>half-scammed by chinks
>near fomo'd in when zilliqa first hit exchanges
(Yes, I bought it later and I am in green now, my best buy)

I really learned something lol.

>> No.9027452

>>9026408
Bought this shit last may at .001$ sold at .08$ no regrets. Got out when the dev talked about his dead mother guiding him or something like that.

>> No.9027479

>>9027452
>Got out when the dev talked about his dead mother guiding him or something like that.
wot the fuck? lol