[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 48 KB, 875x269, 20180421123421.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9025294 No.9025294 [Reply] [Original]

Do you mother fuckers even read?
Vechain said they built a orable ENABLER.
They want the end users to build their own oracles.
Nothing's gonna stop LINK FUDders from trying to confuse people.
But all you have to do is to just have the patience to read one or two lines yourself.
How are you gonna call yourself an investor if you fall for this kind of lies everytime it pops up?

>> No.9025313

>>9025294
who's going to go out of their way to buy link on binance when literally everyone's already using Vechain?

>> No.9025344

>>9025294
It's so funny too.
Vechain thinks it's too complicated for end users to understand wallets and exchanges.
But they expect them to build their own oracles.
Top fucking kek.

>> No.9025366

>>9025313
If you are being ironic, I'm not gonna bother debating with you.
If you unironically believe this, you are gonna die poor anyway so...

>> No.9025374

>>9025294
Welcome to the absolute state of this board.

Nobody even read the article yet that FUD thread has 115 replies. It's enough to see the word "oracle" mentioned by some other project and brainlets jump to make the next >LINK BTFO thread.

>> No.9025444

>>9025374
Pajeets shitting up the board as usual.
Retards can't even come up with interesting FUD.
Seriously miss the old /biz/.

>> No.9025504

>/biz/
>reading before posting
Haha, good one, fren!

>> No.9025583

>>9025366
Honestly OP, do you really think - really now - that a enterprise CEO is going to spend company money buying fucking LINK tokens on Binance?
It's actually the same level of delusion as when people say that bitcoin is going to take over money.
Vechain is developing an ecosphere for enterprises that focuses on ease of use, meaning mass adoption. And mass adoption is how you win.
Tell me how chainlink survives when it has no business?

>> No.9025592

>>9025294
Kek all the faggots on /biz/... VeChain built a tool to enable it io use other Oracles like Link. This is unironically great fucking news for Link. $1000 EOY baby, just wait and see what it is in 2020. Anyone dumping their bags now will suicide.

>> No.9025611

>>9025294
I heard VeChain was developing oracles until a CIA black team blew up their devops break room. There was a note left in the smoldering crater: "Stay Stinky"

>> No.9025617

>>9025583
sergey set aside 650 million tokens for those people brainlet

>> No.9025695

>>9025294
Companies most likely won’t be using ANY of the existing projects for APIs in the future.

>> No.9025701

>>9025583
Why would they not?
Is buying a token on a website so hard?
This token/smart contracts can save them a shit ton of money on other expenses.
And how does this argument not apply to Vechain lol?
It's harder for me to see companies actually using Vechain, they have like 10 competitors: NEO, ETH, EOS, Elastos. Those are all dapp platforms.

Btw, Bitcoin is ALREADY money. People are using bitcoins to buy shit. That's the definition of money.

>> No.9025819

>>9025701
>mass adoption
VET generates Thor. Thor is what you spend on the Vechain network. Company buys VET one time, either from enterprise pool or when that runs out on the market.
Stake VET > generate Thor for your business use.
This announcement states that you don't even need to necessarily touch a token to use the network. That means stubborn businesses and normies don't have to buy on Binance.
Vechain already has more enterprises operating on their consortium chain than all of those combined and DNVGL opens the door to 80,000+ more.

>arguing semantics
Bitcoin will not be mass adopted as money until someone figures out a way around the technical complexities. Your grandmother would have no fucking clue how to buy and keep safe her bitcoin. Your grandmother represents mass adoption.

>> No.9025847

Vechain hasn't built or released anything outside of that DB don't forget that , right now it is chink hype and empty promises.

>> No.9025881

>>9025819
Look I have nothing against Vechain, I used to hold it too. I just like Chainlink more.

Grandmas will die and a new generation will become grandmas. I know I can use bitcoin when I become old. In the grand scheme of things a persons life time is nothing.

>> No.9025884

>>9025819
Bitcoin won't be adopted until it is scaled on a worldwide level and the price is stable. Average 60-65 year old would not buy a currency that is one price today and another tomorrow. Stability is what people want.

>> No.9025896
File: 113 KB, 629x505, 1522431045361.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can read it but I don't know what the fuck it means. So maybe Vechain is going to create their own centralized oracles so decentralized oracles are a meme. Can dApps be decentralized oracles? Ok, dApps as Oracles, ok what the fuck is a dApp, is LINK a dApp? No, LINK is an ERC20 token used by LINK nodes inside the LINK network but it's not an ERC20 token. Is the LINK network a dApp? No it's a network. Are the nodes dApps? No they're nodes. But I think something somewhere can communicate with dApps. Then what's the advantage of smart contracts? What's the advantage of needing an oracle? Like contracts that can't be taken down by the government but then the government is the oracle? So like decentralized oracles are for black market contracts? But wait Link is agnostic but actually no, it's only for Hyperledger and Ethereum so maybe Vechain is going to creat their own centralized oracles so decentralized oracles are a meme.

I DON'T FUCKING GET WHAT ANY OF IT MEANS OK LIKE I JUST FUCKING GIVE UP I'M NOT THAT SMART I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A DAPP IS YET

>> No.9025919

>>9025294
>Been holding since October
>now no longer feel any emotion to any thing
No amount of fud is going to work anymore, it does nothing. I can't even be bothered to look into these now anon, I know it's going to be some bullshit anyways, but thanks

>> No.9026082

>>9025896
It's ok anon. I don't understand everything either, otherwise I would be a blockchain developer.
Just know that people who are way smarter than you and I have decided to develop and invest in Chainlink.

>> No.9026147

>>9025294
LINK needs a new logo. Nobody is buying this shit.

>> No.9026216
File: 21 KB, 600x647, 4ab.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9025344
please tell me youre being ironic

>> No.9026228

>>9026147
To be honest I like the logo, any other anon the same?

>> No.9026263

>>9025583
They wont have to buy Link tokens to use the service. Only if they want to run a node. Obviously companies can just pay for the data from oracles in fiat and it will go through a smart contract that pays nodes in link

>> No.9026310

>>9025444
This and checked

>> No.9026332

>>9025881
>>9025884
I'm telling you both that the projects that gear their development towards getting everyone onboard are the projects that are going to win. I'm not talking about hype like Tron. I'm talking about developing services that make it easy for anyone to use so they have no idea they are even using it, but are reaping the benefits of it. That is what Vechain realizes and AFAIA less than a handful of others.

Stability of BTC is one part of it, but understanding the way the network works, how to keep everything safe and remember everything. You'd be surprised at what percentage of the global population 1) still uses 'password' for their password 2) can't even remember simple login details or 3) doesn't have access to internet services

>> No.9026354

>>9025294
shut the fuck up OP, I need cheap LINKs

>> No.9026366

>>9025294

Be honest, you literally took a shit in the street today and wiped your ass with your bare hand.

>> No.9026370

>>9026263
that still doesn't address my point.
why would any company go out of their way to pay to use link if the service/network every other business is already using has that problem solved?

>> No.9026454
File: 33 KB, 460x383, 1517746702949.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9025444
I think the thing is most have filters LINK will trigger most filters if not Vechain...
This post is invisible to them

>> No.9026480

>>9025294
This is the most Vechain has ever been shilled.
But the shilling is really just LINK fudding.

>> No.9026494

>>9026370
who has solved that problem? maybe we are just lacking in imagination as Thomas said in his argument with nootropicat, regarding a truly decentralized way of utilising smart contracts.

also
>why would companies go on Binance to buy this token?
Sergey has 650M locked up to give to companies in order to incentivise usage of the network. That doesn't mean they won't, however. I'll explain it later.
>if Sergey will just give out tokens, adoption doesn't mean moon right?
Besides the fact that crypto is incredibly speculative, which means that it simply being adopted may call for a pump, usage in the network is still priced in a fixed fiat amount, as you've seen in various threads regarding node payout and "capturing the API economy". This means that the if Sergey gives, for example, Tesla, Uber, and SWIFT 100M tokens each when the price of LINK is at $1, and assuming that each usage of the ChainLINK network is worth a cent each, this means that they are limited to 10 billion uses each if they decide not to buy anymore.

>> No.9026501

>>9026480
>It's fucking over. Don't tell yourself otherwise. You are an actual brainlet if you don't understand the implications of VEN's announcement. Even if you ignore the fact that most businesses would just utilize VeChain's smart contract platform with its built-in oracle rendering your shittoken absolutely fucking useless, their announcement also implies the simple fact that literally EVERY SINGLE ONE IN THIS BOARD WHO HAS HIGHER THAN ROOM TEMP IQ. Any smart contract platforms can just have their own oracles. Blockchain agnosticism doesn't fucking matter because everyone would just shit out their own oracle network because IT'S THAT FUCKING EASY. Your "moonshot" isn't anything special, sorry LINKies. Get absolutely fucking fucked lmao. On that note, see how it's currently pumping? That's the whales propping the price up as they finally sell their positions on this gamble of a token. I'm sorry, the dream is over. Go fuck yourselves. It's over.

>> No.9026504

>>9026494
>>9026370

>but wait, if usage is priced in fiat, what is the token for? Why not pay in dollars? or in ETH?

Because the network only accepts LINK as payment. I won't even mention the technicals because it's largely irrelevant. ERC667, penalty payments, node collaterals, etc., doesn't matter. The network only accepts LINK, as Sergey said. Which means if the price of LINK is at a dollar a pop, and the usage of the network costs a cent each, you'll be paying .01 LINK each time you use the network. It doesn't matter how expensive (or cheap) LINK would be because 18 fucking decimals.
>If it doesn't matter how expensive or cheap it is, how will this shitcoin moon then?
With that in mind, Tesla, Uber, and SWIFT are incentivized to not only pump the price so the amount of times they can use the network increases, but also prop the price up, establishing a new floor so that the value of their free tokens from Sergey wouldn't go to waste. I think it is an easy assumption that it's far cheaper to pump/prop up the price than the potential losses as the cost of LINK drops a cent or so. Pumping an illiquid token that has a low marketcap such as LINK would be inexpensive, I imagine. BTCP for example moved 10 spots up in CMC because someone supposedly fat-fingered on some shit exchange. To these big companies and institutions, even BTC has thin as fuck orderbooks. If they pump it from $1 to $100, they unironically just saved 10 billion dollars in expenses, minus the cost of pumping LINK. Keep in mind that it is in their collective benefit to pump it, not just a single company.

if you can find something here like a flaw or something that doesn't make sense feel free to point it out so i can fix my pasta

>> No.9026561

>>9026504
forgot to add

>What about companies who want to use the network but aren't given free tokens?
Well, they'd buy our expensive bags on Binance. Expensive in the sense that it's probably some retarded amount like $100 or some shit but it won't matter to those companies because, again, usage is priced in fiat, that single LINK worth $100 would give them 10k uses if it costs a cent each.

>> No.9026598

>>9026494
Vechain has. Read the medium article.
It's like me advertising for my own business and there's this thing that literally everyone uses called Facebook that I can advertise on to millions of people for relatively cheap and yields great results but this ad agency wants me to pay them an extortionate amount of money for them to run a fucking radio ad campaign that reaches a couple hundred k people. Why in the holy hell would I not use the thing that everyone is on?
Vechain is the network that so many enterprises will use, it's already painfully obvious and they're clearly setting up for that. Why will people use chainlink's services if they're already available on the popular network?

>> No.9026637

>>9026370
> An example is that a carmaker develops a full dApp on the VeChainThor Blockchain, with an Oracle, the purpose of the dApp is to collect data from its drivers. The drivers will consent the data to be written on to the VeChainThor Blockchain. Given that this is a transaction, cryptocurrency will be needed to execute. A third party, a “car maker certified” community members lead company, is the Sponsor to pay the VeThor tokens required to power this transaction, and the third party gets paid by the car maker with fiat, or other assets, in the traditional business manner. As you can see this Payment Protocol is the base protocol making it possible for ordinary people to use dApps running on the VeChainThor Blockchain just in the same way they use their non-decentralized apps. These users will not even realize that they are using a dApp in comparison to an ordinary application.

> Sponsor to pay the VeThor tokens

Do you get where I'm going with this? Also interested in you shilling me your whole folio.

>> No.9026639

>>9025294
It's fucking over. Don't tell yourself otherwise. You are an actual brainlet if you don't understand the implications of VEN's announcement. Even if you ignore the fact that most businesses would just utilize VeChain's smart contract platform with its built-in oracle rendering your shittoken absolutely fucking useless, their announcement also implies the simple fact that literally EVERY SINGLE ONE IN THIS BOARD WHO HAS HIGHER THAN ROOM TEMP IQ. Any smart contract platforms can just have their own oracles. Blockchain agnosticism doesn't fucking matter because everyone would just shit out their own oracle network because IT'S THAT FUCKING EASY. Your "moonshot" isn't anything special, sorry LINKies. Get absolutely fucking fucked lmao. On that note, see how it's currently pumping? That's the whales propping the price up as they finally sell their positions on this gamble of a token. I'm sorry, the dream is over. Go fuck yourselves. It's over.

>> No.9026665

>>9026598
Alright I haven't read the article yet, I just looked at this thread and saw your comment how there is no way companies would buy LINK on BInance. So I made this pasta. Will reply to you after reading the article but at first glance they didn't solve it at all, they just made an oracle enabler that would allow others to develop their own oracles. How is that a problem solved? Regardless, we still don't know what would actually work better, and for companies, what would help them save up on costs (the ultimate goal of these companies attempting to utilize smart contracts and DLTs). On that certain aspect, LINK has an edge because of the free tokens they will be giving out, and I already explained in the pasta I made how it will be beneficial for them to pump the price. I don't think VeChain has any incentives in mind though? Anyway, I will read the article and try to reply if I understood shit from it.

>> No.9026673

Is there anything on /biz/ more narcissistic than a LINK investor?

>> No.9026675

>>9026598
>Read the medium article
Seems like you haven't. They are not even building oracles. It's just their payment model.
And even if Vechain is adopted, you are delusional if you think VEN is gonna be the default blockchain of the world.
They don't even have an open source github.
Nobody knows if they have built anything yet.

>> No.9026684

>>9026637
just out of curiosity... why cant that dataexchange happen without cryptocurrency being used?

>> No.9026695

Vechain top 5 within one year. Screencap this faggots.

>> No.9026708

>>9026673
You are saying anyone who invests in Chainlink is narcissistic?
What evidence do you have to back that argument up?

>> No.9026753

>>9026665
>>9026598
>In terms of the payment structure, the proposed model provides a great deal of flexibility and convenience for enterprises and the community to develop dApps as Oracles, allowing ordinary users to fill their smart contracts with real-world information on the VeChainThor Blockchain.

Other than the "Oracle Enabler" thing, this is the only other mention of an oracle in their article. It's also the text in OP's pic, whoops. Anyway, they still haven't developed anything so I don't know how they have the problem solved already. In fact, I don't think its in their roadmap at all. It looks like they are pushing that responsibility onto the community instead. I am curious where in this article did they imply that they already have an working decentralized oracle network

>> No.9026771

>>9026675
you're right. they're just scamming everyone. DNV, PwC, Breyer, Oxford, Michigan State and alllll the other backers got duped. why didn't i see.
on the other hand, it could be that they don't give a fuck about what /biz/lets have to say about muh open source until they migrate their enterprise clients to the public mainnet.
>built anything yet
google DNVGL mystory

>> No.9026801
File: 153 KB, 1013x1000, 3F35C269-B1B1-41A4-ADB7-610CCF5A3725.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9026228
beautiful logo

>> No.9026825

>>9026684
Maybe it's easier to have a backup of the transaction. It's not a narcissistic maybe, I don't have it very clear myself.
>>9025896

>> No.9026891

>>9026771
Hey remember that time when VEN lied about the BMW partnership?
Regardless of how much work are actually being done, these Chinese people sure love the hype.
Also check out that video on their website homepage.
https://cdn.vechain.com/org/VeChainNew.mp4Pure hype and no substance. Lmfao to think that they wasted resources and time to create that horseshit.

>> No.9026898

>>9026825
Im just wondering why the revolution in DATA through blockchain needs to be connected to costs like buying GAS, buying THOR at all at this point desu

>> No.9026915

>>9025884

So DAI or DGX is the future? Thanks anon, just bought 100k MKR.

>> No.9026930

>>9026771
I mean, have they built anything yet that would compete against LINK? Not that they haven't built anything yet at all. I read the article and I really think it only implies that they developed something that would enable others (they specifically named "the community") to develop their own oracles. I don't doubt those partnerships, I am just focusing on its relation to LINK as a possible competitor.

>> No.9026944

>>9026891
Hey! Ever heard of a thing called Beijing Auto Expo??

>> No.9026974

>>9025294
>implying newfags have the brain cappacity to understand the differece

>> No.9027000

>>9025819
>Your grandmother would have no fucking clue how to buy and keep safe her bitcoin.
i'm old enough to remember the introduciton of atm's and internet banking, and everyone says the same shit everytime.

i will tell thee this and tell thee no more: crypto is the fucking future, and nothing can stop it. if you cant see that youre utterly retarded.

>> No.9027021

>>9027000
*also, the "grandmothers" of the near future are people who've grown up with computers and the interent. funny electronic money isnt a thing to be scared of for them. crtypto will rule

>> No.9027045

>>9026930
they have had a consortium blockchain running for enterprises (a large number of which are still under NDA) for nearly 2 years. they have been developing everything they have written about for that length of time and will deploy it all publicly come June when any business can use their services. decentralized apps acting as oracles are a direct competitor to link, no? and when millions of business transactions are occurring on their network per day, that takes a large amount of business opportunity for link, no?

>> No.9027062

>>9027000
of course but i'm arguing that everyone thinks it is going to happen tomorrow. if you think it's going to happen ANY time in the next 20 years you're deluded and don't understand a large portion of the earth's demographic makeup

>> No.9027092

>>9027062
Its gonna happen during a timespan of a year to at max two, its already happening. All that needs to happen is for it to truly connect to finance

>> No.9027119

>>9027045
LINK has a pretty niche usecase, not like VeChain which can do lots of things. It's only an oracle network, nothing more nothing less. I don't doubt the capabilities you mentioned but I don't know what you mean by "decentralized apps acting as oracles" since they themselves mentioned in the article that they didn't do anything like that. Only developed something that would allow others to develop something like that. I just thought that there's something out there already because you said that VEN has already solved that problem. Maybe soon, but not yet at least. There's still a chance that LINK would have a first-mover advantage, nevermind the incentives I previously mentioned. Since you are familiar with VEN, do you know if there's anything like LINK's 650M tokens that would help them incentivize companies to use their oracle network instead of others'?

>> No.9027120

>>9027092
yeah i forgot to add the condition that unless some entity develops a unique solution to make it easier to handle/understand so that it becomes an under-the-hood thing

>> No.9027158

>>9026332
>the projects that gear their development towards getting everyone onboard are the projects that are going to win
Will FUN and REQ be winrars?

>> No.9027166

>>9026898
I wonder the same things, I'm not sure we need to handle data through blockchain in the first place. If we need someone inside the system that wants to be paid in crypto (or spend it in a transaction or whatever) and someone outside who doesn't want to touch crypto then I can understand how the coins have some value. But who prefers to be paid on crypto today? It's remotely stable when it can be converted to Fiat at par. Important people are interested in handling data through blockchain, I understand that. They must believe they're getting some actual benefit but maybe they're also memeing themselves. A DLT isn't exactly a blockchain but this works for them already for a lot of things, what else do they need? If the whole thing works then we can say yes it worked but I don't have any experience seeing it working on anything that matters, at best people saying that it will.

>> No.9027209
File: 123 KB, 1280x720, vegana.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9025294
>orable ENABLER
We already have verge for that.

>> No.9027223

>>9027062
>if you think it's going to happen ANY time in the next 20 years
disagree. it'll happen a lot sooner than you think.
there'll be some catalytic event that triggers it, maybe government led like a tax break on crypto transactions, or a tech development that makes crypto usage a lot more efficient - and that tech kinda exists already, so it's anytime now basically

>> No.9027309

>>9027062
>don't understand a large portion of the earth's demographic makeup
XLM would like to have a word with you

>> No.9027362

Nick Szabo and Ari Jules support smart contracts and decentralized Oracle's, game over.

>> No.9027431

>>9027166
data will become the new oil. crypto derivatives. chicago project.

>> No.9027530

>>9026891
>https://cdn.vechain.com/org/VeChainNew.mp4
lmfao when's the movie release ?

>> No.9027716

>>9027431
Theres unironically something to this, politically