[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 294 KB, 656x654, 1519686637616.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8989873 No.8989873 [Reply] [Original]

United States healthcare is the greatest transfer of wealth in human history. Healthcare has the lowest price elasticity of demand of any product or service. The government forces you by threat of violence to fund a blank check to supply this service which is delivered by a for profit industry. It was illegal in the US before 1973 to conduct healthcare as a for profit business. I'm not saying that's what needs to happen again. But it's much better to let people die in the street if they can't pay then to fund a blank check with universal compulsory insurance for the service with the lowest price elasticity of demand. Why did the boomers let this dumpster fire happen? What should we do about it besides promoting the use of decentralized cryptographic money and starving the beast at every chance possible? On a personal level I'm hacking the system but I am concerned for people who are not and are subjected to this. If I had a corporate wagecuck job for instance I would have paid roughly 25k over the past 5 years and I haven't used healthcare once. Mass healthcare is not fundable in the US with the current demographics in a way that is anything short of forced slavery.

>> No.8990034

One of the two biggest factors in rising health care costs is the advent of a lot more drug treatments. Something like four times the drugs than we had in the 1960's. The other factor is insurance and the crazy court awards that made malpractice so crazy expensive.