[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 4 KB, 217x233, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8976325 No.8976325 [Reply] [Original]

Serious question: do you guys actually believe any cryptocurrency projects will succeed? I trade crypto, but at the end of the day I recognize that this is all bullshit. 95% of these coins will never see a use case. This is clearly a bubble and I view it as little more than a poker game. Yes you can make money, but this is absolutely not "investing". Blockchain will impact many industries, but most companies will just make their own. The only decentralized applications that may succeed are privacy coins--and even those will face regulatory issues.

I used to think most people realized this, but after reading posts on reddit, it seems like a ton of people have actually drank the crypto kool aid. It blows my mind how much stupid-money is in this game.

>> No.8976393

>>8976325
I'm with you. I got out of crypto as the big bubble was bursting (though not as early as I should have), but that's just because I didn't have time to keep up with the daily ups and downs with my real job. I threw all my gains into regular stocks and funds that are a lot easier to track and less volatile.

If you're still trading, you have the right attitude. The vast majority of these shitcoins have no real value, but as long as someone else thinks they do, you can take advantage of it. I'd say it's more like baseball cards or antique postage stamps (though moving on a much faster pace) than gambling. Be smart out there, anon, and stay skeptical. Something tells me you'll be fine.

>> No.8976419

Anon, companies won’t make their own for one simple reason and that is that all value in blockchains is decentralization and trustless environment. Making your own blockchain it will be centralized until it has a native token to pay people for securing the network. When internet was being developed, there were many protocols, most centralized but one decentralized and in the end the decentralized internet won.

>> No.8976435

>>8976393
Congrats, you sold one declining market and bought into the start of another one. Dumb...fuck.

Anyone not shorting every fucking stock right now is a brainlet.

>> No.8976439

I think a few will. BAT and STEEM are the only ones I invest in. They both provide micro payment platforms. I think eventually if people get pissed off at YouTube and places enough, they could blow up. They have actual use now.

The only other token with value is BNB for as long as binance is #1.

Those three and ETH, Xmr, btc are my only investments

>> No.8976462
File: 674 KB, 1152x1152, 1111270669238.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

imagine being white and not being able to understand simple computing concepts

>> No.8976498

i believe some projects will eventually work out and find real world application, but i don't believe in current prices
eventually, people will realize that potential revenue after monetization will never be able to sustain initial 10000x gains
just take a look at the miners
at some point ROI of $1000 gpu was just a few months
that's ridiculous because no real business can survive such overhead

>> No.8976524

>>8976439
BAT is just a gimmick used to promote Brave. They could literally do their whole project without blockchain. It will never see mainstream use and will die out along with all of the other shitcoins.

>> No.8976528

I think you're completely right, op. This is the tech bubble at 20x speed. There will be a couple 'amazon' and 'google' projects that will make it but everything else is going to get wiped out. In the mean time, keep scalping some profit from the irrational money flowing in and remember to cash out on time before it collapses. glhf anon, stay safe.

>> No.8976530

>>8976325
Syscoin decentralized webmarket is a great investment. Its so legit the developers team will be listed on the Canadian stock exchange in the coming months.

The masternodes, ico platform,airdrops, zdag are pretty good but i care little for this. I dont like muh tech, just care for real usecases.

>> No.8976540

>>8976325
Its not a bubble faggot, it's an investment where people put money to make money, if you think thats a bubble and gold is a bubble too. Guess what, when people SEE it as an investment it becomes an investment, that's how the world works and you're seeing it develop right in front of you.

>> No.8976542

>>8976325
Monero will stick around, because it's the king of financial privacy.

>> No.8976550

>>8976540
>Its not a bubble
lmao

>> No.8976560

>>8976550
Oh you're just a troll, cool

>> No.8976574

>>8976540
Something tells me you're in for a rude awakening.

>> No.8976646

>>8976325
>Blockchain will impact many industries, but most companies will just make their own.

this is where you skeptics fall flat, it's not as simple as just "whipping your own blockchain together", there will be certain projects that have thousands upon thousands of manhours invested to create a perfectly functional blockchain addon and companies will adopt/purchase that service.

Why doesn't every company just become Google or Amazon? I mean the concept is out there, why not start your own Amazon right now and you can be the next Bezos? Because it's not that simple, it only sounds simple.

>> No.8976847

Excuse me guys but what the fuck does this have to do with LINK?

>> No.8976879
File: 136 KB, 1112x924, 1524114061032.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8976847
gtfo, this is a srs discussion

>> No.8976883

>>8976646
then ARK comes along and makes pushbutton blockchains

>> No.8976998

>>8976325
I think maybe Monero has a future, due to the inelastic demand of darknet markets, and the same for BTC for the foreseeable future. Other than that, I agree with you. I didn’t invest any money, I mined my principal investment on free electricity a few years ago, so the way I see it I’m in the green no matter what I make.

>> No.8977060

>>8976325
no, cost effectiveness is king. and frankly theres really no use for blockchain save for a few niche cases

>> No.8977062

>>8976325
>this is absolutely not "investing"

What is investing OP?

>> No.8977080
File: 55 KB, 626x600, 1520480463934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There will pillar coins of crypto much like FANG stock.

Bitcoin (index fund coin)
Monero (privacy)
Ethereum (smart contract)
Chainlink (API economy)

There will be handful of protocol and infrastructure coins that will hang around and the rest will just go to zero. When you have a climax ecosystem you aren't going to see the volatility anymore, it'll start to look like movement in stocks and the 100x days will be over. Nobody will invest in ICOs in 5 years time, it'll just be established blue chips that made it before mid 2018 and rest are pets.com rubbish.