[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 172 KB, 600x332, money growth.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8920276 No.8920276 [Reply] [Original]

/biz/, I just got unexpected 1000€ out of nowhere.
I don't know much about business.
How do I smartly use this money to make the best out of it ? What would you do ?

>> No.8920295

unironically buy crypto

>> No.8920313

Save it for a rainy day desu

>> No.8920355

>>8920295
That's what I was thinking, it seems to be the best thing to multiply rapidly.
It makes me think of poker and other games as such, regarding the possible multiplication of initial cash.
Is there a place to start for non-bullshit lurking, except this board ?

>> No.8920695

>>8920355
there's a chance you will multiply, and the chance you just bleed out slowly for months, years, forever. but you've got a better chance of not losing it all by next week vs poker or sports betting unless you happen to know what you are doing with those.

you'll learn a little bit about markets and this is generally useful, as well as potentially a next big thing in technology. if you're prepared to forget about the money itself you will have a good time, if you're just going to pussy out when it slides 20% and pull out to buy a pair of sneakers you won't make it.

>> No.8921135

>>8920695
Thanks for feedback.
As of now, I'm thinking longterm investment, for example buying one or two ethereum and sit on it for years.
Other plan would be to actively buy and sell with the highs and lows, which might make me more and in a shorter amount of time but would require more in-depth lurking. Potential benefits are higher as well as risks.
But sitting on ethereum seems to be a safe bet, no matter what I won't crash soon and will eventually rise and settle at a higher medium price. Waiting for this moment or the next big spike. Or wait several big spikes until one that suits my needs.

>> No.8921194

Put it into a mutual fund of whoever you bank with.

>> No.8921260

>>8921194
>mutual fund
From my 2seconds lurking, it seems to be an investment option that steadily assures a 10 to 30% yearly growth, and more secure than crypto. Is that the case ? With the little amount of money I have, I don't know if 30% per year is interesting. The crypto bet seems more rewarding and still secure enough.
But if it was a large amount and for 5 to 10 years or more, seems to be an awesome option.

>> No.8921283

>>8921135
would suggest finding a small coin with an ounce of promise, really just something you are confident isn't a scam and won't literally disappear, then hope it moons and sell somewhere on the way up then move on to the next

You can try focusing on trading the movements of something like ETH but more likely than not you will be actively working on losing money.

Merely HODLing ETH may be a safe option, but if it's going to rise so is everything else, might as well give it a real good crack, just do not get fucking scammed friendo

>> No.8921310

>>8921260
You're not getting a steadily assured 30% anon, not with the money you have and not with the knowledge you have, you would be happy with 10%. Not interesting is why I'm shilling you crypto, but I'm assuming you have some way to earn money and that $1k isn't a years worth of food for your family or whatever

>> No.8921394
File: 38 KB, 554x439, 1523722029564.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ok mah friends y heard a lot about crypto these day on /biz/ but remeber this we are annos which is most likely still 14 years old o A NEET. So if y willing to loose all of your money than buy it all mah friends, if y not then keep ut buy gold or sth y think is better