[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 385 KB, 791x763, ge2jnt2buzm01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8898287 No.8898287 [Reply] [Original]

Is it just me who sees the surest return in platform projects that have a use for their token?

I feel like there's so much nonsense out there and it's easy to get lost with so many choices, but as a developer I can see most value being in the platforms, the backbones of decentralisation.

I'm mostly in Ethereum (some in Lisk), but I'm toying with the idea hedging (?) with other platforms too (Neo/Stellar/etc) and just leaving them, that way I'll be less inclined to FOMO around when one is going up and the others aren't (I'm really bad at timing).

Obviously there won't be one platform that 'makes it', there'll be loads.

I only ever dabble in other non-platform tokens to increase my ETH holdings (LINK/REQ/OMG), I don't know if I'll ever be able to sell them when the time comes though. Even if others don't categorise them as platform tokens, I still see them as backbones needed for dapps in the very near future.

Why would you invest in any use-case when you can invest in the platform those use-cases will be built on?

Are most people following a similar platform strategy?

** Also, if someone has a more up to date pic of the one attached, post it

>> No.8898318
File: 380 KB, 791x800, deluged.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8898287

>> No.8898464

>>8898318
that`s it

>> No.8898578
File: 240 KB, 800x480, 1520501141070.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8898287
Posted here yesterday, but Ive spread out my folio over LINK, RLC and REQ. All chain agnostic utility tokens that provide dividends. Off chain connection, computing resources and financial resource management. They're all partnered up with eachother too. Imo this is going to be the default 'stack' to build projects on in the future.
Look up new additions to LINK team, SXSW talk, latest partnerships for REQ and last conf RLC attended.

>> No.8898842

>>8898578
Yeah iExec (RLC) is probably the last platform-style token I've yet to accumulate, I've done a lot of research into them and better yet, they're delivering.

They look to be first to market as a decentralised AWS lambda alternative.

>> No.8899113

>>8898842
You should post about them. All I know is that people say it's further along than golem. Idk why tho