[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 58 KB, 591x800, flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8885388 No.8885388 [Reply] [Original]

I dont give a fuck about the lack of money, the wasted time, the limited possible futures, I enjoy being able to day dream and explore my own thoughts as I sweep the floor alone.
Its the people I have to interact with, there are soul crushing vampires that drain the energy out of you everywhere at this level, the low iq and aggressive have no alternative outlet. These toxic cunts push office politics and feed of artificial drama, they have no stimulation at all otherwise, Im surrounded by people who ask questions that are none of their business, all they want is fuel to attack.

I try and rise above it but Im struggling, resisting takes more energy in one conversation than I expend in a 50 hour week cleaning. I just want to be left alone without having to explain why Im single, explain why I dont go drinking with coworkers, explain why I dont have friends... I just want to do my hours and come home to write stories, make music, debate online and shitpost in peace but the lifeforce stolen from me by these fucks is torturing the quality of my free time.
I dont own much crypto but if what I do own fails I might give up on life completely.

>> No.8885416

>>8885388
Work construction.

>> No.8885422

>>8885388
Why don't you have girlfriend? Why don't you do something more worthwhile? Lastly when you're gonna grow up?

>> No.8885449

>>8885388
every job in my experience has been ruined by coworkers

now my current position isn't too bad but there are toxic people too. I can relate, friend.

They want to treat their work like High School, as if social it fucking matters. I go to work to do my job and roll out. I don't give a shit what people do outside of work and they shouldn't care what I'm doing, none their bizness

>> No.8885452

>>8885388
amen brother. Just a little longer and the inflationary currency that enslaves us all will be gone

>> No.8885453

Holy shit, I'm not the only one?

t. fast food cook

>> No.8885483

>>8885416
Ive never done it before, seems counter to wanting to do work with as little effort as possible?

>>8885422
I am grown up, feel like I tried hard in my early 20s and nothing stuck (women, work, education), I just want an easy life for now and the work IS easy, its the people who are not. Im just sick of nasty pricks I will never be able to just accept or ignore, I will always reject their bullshit and the resistance is draining.

>> No.8885500
File: 1.52 MB, 500x222, 1520393403710.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8885388
I work minimum wage but I'm still surrounded by dramatic shitheads who pry into my life
>mfw I just want to live in a cave and sell firewood or animal skins once a month when I come down the mountain into Normietown for instant ramen

>> No.8885529
File: 84 KB, 576x1024, 1518587426065m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8885453
What do you do?
Is dealing with people who cannot mind their own business just a fact of life?

>>8885449
we exist

>> No.8885537

>>8885483
get a reactionary job. I have a reactionary job where I get to wax my carrot and play on my phone all day

however usually whatever you're reacting to will have some stressful situations

also you'll probably have duties outside of the reactionary part but they can't overload you with duties if its possible something will need a reaction that takes a few hours

>> No.8885557

>>8885529
Replies the wrong way around.

>>8885500
How do we solve the bored shit stirring cunts problem? Just tell them lies to ?

>> No.8885590

>>8885537
Sounds like a recipe for disaster when most of your time is spent doing nothing and surrounded by people why feed of drama, working alone is important.

>> No.8885597

>>8885388
I feel you bro. I just recently quit and I’m 29 trying to figure it out. Was at a call center job. I have a dad that’s angry and always pressures me and all that. Never allowed me to just be able to figure it out without second guessing everything.

I don’t know what the answer is man. All I know is, you’re not alone.

>> No.8885606

>>8885388

if you enjoy being alone with your thoughts and minimal social interaction just become a night security guard

>> No.8885667

>>8885557
I've found in past jobs that lying to the shitheads ends up being a new kind of chore to deal with - they will always expect you to be the character that is representative of your fictional life story...
For example, I was raised by a military faggot father who beat the shit out of me for being fat. I'm not fat anymore, but the beatings still haunt me and having 'normal' shit like a gf or social life are beyond my reach. But at my last job, I lied about having a gf and the shit just started getting out of hand and I had to continue making up lies... Very uncomfortable, even though people seemed to like me. I quit and moved to a different state, but shitheads who wanna get in your business are everywhere, OP.
This time around, nobody likes me at my job, but I'm not lying to anyone and tell them to keep conversation work-related only or leave me the fuck alone. It helps a bit... But I still have no gf

>> No.8885712

>>8885388
NIce dubs, Praise Kek and Heil Hitler

If those co-workers are making you feel that way - it is only right that they die. Don't give up on life - just make a plan to exterminate as many of them as viciously as possible. They are the ones ruining your life fren. They must foot the bill.
If you need a hand to procure an automatic weapon - please post wallet address. I'm pretty sure we can all chip in for some shooting lessons too.
Take from them - what they've been taking from you. It is time to make a stand!

Cleaning in prison won't be so different - and you'll know that you've done the world and most importantly, yourself, a service.

Gun them down like dogs - and if any anons are in the position to procure you a pardon in the future - we shall

>> No.8885760

>>8885388
Yep wagecucking made me realise i dont hate the work as much as i hate the people who make that work hell.

Office jobs feels like having a gun to the back of your head 7 hours a day even if everyone acts pleasant.
Janitor work is chill as fuck unless you're forced to do it while other people are still using that space. Never had problems with coworkers in this role to be fair.

>> No.8885796

>>8885712
kys faggot - you aren't 1488

>> No.8885863
File: 35 KB, 369x387, 1513870760131.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just got my truck licence. I'm alone all day every day. Just me and the road. Its nice.

>>8885606
>just become a night security guard

also a good Idea.

>> No.8885879

>>8885388
Feel you OP. Maybe you just gotta come up with snappy responses to the people who pester you.

>> No.8885896
File: 492 KB, 1600x1200, red+top+1[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8885483
Apply for a firewatch post then you lazy cunt.

>> No.8885900

>>8885712
Its not my place to judge them by my own expectations, I'm in the way of their drama as much as they are in the way of my peace and quiet. They might come and kill me for being a boring loner weirdo one day.

>>8885667
Noted. Ive actually moved city myself in the past, not entirely to avoid lies but running away did play a part. Its a huge weight of your shoulders making a fresh start thats for sure.

>> No.8885938

>>8885863
Sounds comfy desu.
What other jobs involve working alone? Ive a pretty high (130+) , theres probably a ton of things I could learn.

>> No.8885941
File: 74 KB, 1024x577, F727AA24-DAE1-4E4E-B753-A97871816525.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8885388
stay strong anon, you could try to learn some marketable skills like programming and work remotely. if that's not a possibility night shift workers have it chill, and you can shitpost on duty.

>> No.8885994

>>8885941
Programming is something I wish I went into years ago desu but the goal for now is to do something easy, alone. Who knows maybe Ill care about the future one day.

>> No.8886423

Everyone says 'learn programming' but surely its a meme these days for non-cs degree holders?
Theres a billion shiskins worldwide learning to write code, its all well sayi.g these affirmative action bootcamps for uber drivers and stay at home welfare queens are useless but arent these people driving salaries into the dirt?

>> No.8886489

>>8886423

That's bullshit. I'm a college drop out and have recruiters lining up for me. I'm in my 5th year of coding professionally, and though teaching myself was stressful, being able to lazily swing 2 contracts simultaneously for about $300k yearly makes it laughably worth it.

Yes, there are plenty of cheap, shit coders that, more times than not, require 10 times the cost downstream to fix their code. Find a niche and get good at it, and you'll find that you can demand top dollar for your quality of work.

>> No.8886556

>>8886423
>Theres a billion shiskins worldwide learning to write code, its all well sayi.g these affirmative action bootcamps for uber drivers and stay at home welfare queens are useless but arent these people driving salaries into the dirt?
From my experience working with cheap programmers abroad, they are terrible.

>> No.8886598

>>8885994
>>8886423

I am a developer

It's an office job so you still have to deal with the same office drama BS, especially if there are women on your team

>> No.8886600

>>8886556

Same. Always dreaded those phone calls at 9pm.

> Hello, anon? I'm working in zee Postgres and I can't see zee table. Please provide for me the code to fix zee issue?

No Mahesh, you're connecting to your goddamn local instance again.

>> No.8886614

>>8886598

Plenty of remote positions out there. The isolation gets to me sometimes, but I haven't stepped outside in a week...for better or for worse.

>> No.8886617

>>8885388
Get a job welding man. Easy 500k/yr and you get to work with bros

>> No.8886725

Did these replies miss the important part or did they take it into account?
>non-cs degree holders
Ive never written a line of code in my life outside of php and some janky vba in excel and even I know the mudskins are going to be useless, the point of bringing them up is in the employment market, they would be my competition on paper as the same shit courses they are doing would be what I have to go through.
Its all well saying learn to code but whats the smartest way to go about it avoiding college? I sweep floors for a living, a deep paywall is not an option.

>.8886489
Where did you start?

>> No.8886863

>>8885416
>construction
>working along white trash brainlets and niggers
>their only hope in life is getting drunk when they get home
Kys

>> No.8886911

>>8886863
Haha, something tells me you're insecure around men.

>> No.8886930
File: 41 KB, 645x773, 6457D721B0E54BF8B36CDD631425B41C.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8886911
Something tells me you're a low-IQ subhuman only capable of caveman tier manual labor.

>> No.8886944

>>8886725
https://www.coursera.com/
https://www.codecademy.com/

>> No.8886958

>>8885388
Unironically fire lookout. Get to chill in the woods mostly in solitude, have to report in through comms every once in awhile and complete some basic physical tasks, rest of the time can do whatever you want. comfy as can be for someone that's fine with being alone

>> No.8886959

>>8886725
(FWIW I didn't get a CS degree and I make $200k coding. Just be prepared for it to take a little while, like 4-5 years if you're really dedicated and pretty left-brained to begin with)

>> No.8886987

>>8885388
put headphones on and ignore them you dont HAVE to hae these convesations little man

in fact a better job is security for some company late night

i recommend that job to anybody who doesnt care about pay..you just sit in the parking lot all night doing whatever the fuck you want and nobody actually expects you stop a robbery or anything

>> No.8887004

>>8886987
That too, pretty much any overnight jobs where most of the population is sleeping

>> No.8887014

>>8886987
>who doesn't care about pay
what the actual fuck are you doing on /biz/?

>> No.8887015

>>8886959
Is left-brained being the STEM type? The biggest issue with programming is that there's a lot of chinkies and pajeets that can learn to do that and they will fuck your shit up like they did to remote-working CG artists.

It'll just take them a bit more time

>> No.8887049

>>8887015
i feel where you're coming from, but nah, you just have to stay ahead of the curve (which is actually what keeps it interesting). for example, i was a web dev for the longest time. pajeets approached, i moved to native mobile. worked that til it wasn't profitable. then went to high-performance backend stuff (Golang, etc). then jumped ship for smart contract development. it's not hard to beat the pajeets, you just have to have some hustle and keep moving. i have never (in my 15 years in the workforce) felt any kind of real pressure on my margins, mainly because i browse http://news.ycombinator.com regularly and just stay on top of what's in demand. i promise you can do it too.

and yeah left-brained = being more STEM-ish than average

>> No.8887054

>>8886959
What company? Cause most companies wont even look at you with a degree. Proud of you anon. I'm about to graduate with a CS degree

>> No.8887064

>>8887049
>>8887015
actually i should also add, some of my highest paying jobs required me to come in and fix completely broken/fucked up work done by a bunch of pajeets. they just suck. not real competition imho

>> No.8887065

>>8887049
How do you get jobs for stuff that you've never had actual experience on?

Like how do you get a Golang job while having a webdev background?

>> No.8887082
File: 65 KB, 475x634, 1505579312017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>do shift work
>place i work at operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
>clock in at 5 am, only to find out that there was no one to do my job on the previous shift
>get insta JUSTed, work orders and shit piled up on the table, all over the floor, ect.
>everything is due to be in the lab by the time management get to work
>get abused for not doing it quick enough despite it being impossible to do so
>want to murder the night shift workers for not prioritising the shit i do (we have a priority list, and its always number one)

other than that my wagecucking buddies are pretty cool people

>> No.8887111

>>8887054
honestly my whole career i've either freelanced or worked at startups. never did a corporate thing. currently lucky to be working at one of the biggest blockchain dev shops in the space, but i said "pajeet" in this thread so it would be foolish to say more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i guess my point is, if you're a dev and really value money, it's absolutely there for the taking. you just have to be willing to push for it and seek it out. lots of devs have meek/beta personalities and aren't good at asking for raises, etc. i hope this changes. this shit ain't easy.

>> No.8887114

>>8887082
You should've sent an email to your manager saying that the previous people didn't do their work as soon as you got there

>> No.8887184

>>8887065
hahah, so that relates to my theory about the optimal programmer skillset. the optimal programmer doesn't actually know *anything* ... except how to learn and find information as rapidly and effectively as possible. sure, i've memorized lots of the Javascript standard library, lots of the Go standard library, etc. but honestly, my brain is pretty finely tuned (after many years of doing this) to learn REALLY fast and forget REALLY fast. things change so rapidly in this field that this approach is probably going to be your best friend. your brain ends up internalizing more abstract patterns rather than specific solutions, which will benefit you throughout your entire career.

secondly, i think it's pretty important that you make sure you have the balls to say "sure i can do that" even though you don't know how yet. GRANTED, you absolutely *must* be able to back that up. you *have* to pull it off, which means you have to know your depth. i think that part just takes some time.

so just build a primary skillset first —smart contracts, web dev, mobile, rendering, machine learning ... whatever it is, start with something concrete. then start cowboying new shit.

>> No.8887282
File: 275 KB, 1500x998, job.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just don't care about work. I will never work for anyone and I'm tired of people who talk about work as if it's their only hope.

>> No.8887320

>>8887014
..im rich...i do jobs for reasons besides pay

>> No.8887424

Learn to code. You will get paid good (as good as wagecucking goes) and being distant to everyone, not talking to anyone IRL is basically one of the pillars of this profession.

>> No.8887431

>>8887282
defined purely, outside of the context of our specific, concrete circumstances, work is just "doing things that are useful"

i agree about not wanting to work for someone else. so i went the really long and difficult road of starting a business (actually, 5 of them, each of which has failed in due course, but have kept me moving forward and have kept food on the table). it's really fucking hard and sometimes deeply depressing but also way more awesome than working at cuckdonalds.

but look. giving up on "work" itself is just giving up on doing anything useful or interesting. if you're really at that point, just hurl yourself into the sun

>> No.8887454

>>8887320
you're rich and you work as a nighttime security guard...? jfc rakesh

>> No.8887500

>>8887431
There are not many things worth doing. All I want to do is sleep, anon.

>> No.8887594

>>8887114
its almost "expected" of us now (as in, the people that do day work). its fucking annoying as shit

luckily one of the guys that works there has the same shit happen to him all the time, and they put him on night shift this week. so he gets alot of it done before i turn up

>> No.8887647

>>8887500
out of the infinity of possible things that can be done, you literally can't know what's worth doing until you do it.

look. every day i wake up and can barely get out of bed because of the crushing weight of self-doubt, fear, disgust with other people, etc. i have no clue if i'm going to actually *make it*. but i made a decision a couple of years ago (after a period of intense turmoil and self-destruction) that i'm going to push until i truly understand what i'm capable of, and what my life is capable of being.

i go to sleep every night after several drinks. i wake up every day and just want to go back to sleep. my response? get up. push. see what i can make of today. if you feel that there's /any/ chance that life is worth living, you have to go through this gauntlet. it sucks, but it's the path.

if you don't, then make peace with your decision and unexist

>> No.8888446

>>8885896
>get fire watching job
>see huge fire starting
>too awkward to tell anyone
>burn down with the normies

Do this anon.