[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 42 KB, 271x200, 200_s.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
883590 No.883590 [Reply] [Original]

Am I the only one that teases myself watching House Hunters knowing it will be decades before I afford a house with student loans. ;_;

>> No.883603

No, I love HGTV. But it is mind boggling seeing these seemingly normal people buy $750k houses that aren't even that nice like it's no big deal. Like where in the hell do they get all that money? That's a $150k down payment for christs sake

>> No.883611

>>883603

And half of them have shit jobs or aren't even employed moving to a new city.

>> No.883699

>>883590
not using your student loans to buy houses. Stay pleb.

>> No.883716

Ew who tf wants a house. I want to be able to pack the fuck up and change cities/countries at will. Idc if rent is going to nothing, you're going to die in the end anyway. Why buy a house that you finish paying of whe you're 70 and that your shit kids will sell anyway?

>> No.883748
File: 64 KB, 600x469, depressed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>883603
>Be living in a third world country.
>The national average wage is € 317 monthly.
>The cheapest house available is worth at least € 16,000.
>Watch TV where people haggle properties as if they were some old TV or a nice clock.
>€ 627,000 in average.

There's a difference between teasing myself and inflicting self-torture.

>>883716
Speaking as someone who used to live with my parents in a modest house, and then had to move into a small apartment, is hard to explain the need for a house, but is there.

If anything, I would have to say is the sense of property. To know you can take down an entire wall, kill an animal and cook it on the backyard, plant your own vegetables, burying victim corpses or just take a shit while knowing there's nothing people can tell you about it... is comforting. Is your house, your space and as the owner, you can burn it down to the grounds and people can't do a shit about it, as long as you don't affect their property. In this apartment I can't jump or practice tap dance, because the neighbours from the floor below me will complain about the noise, and neither can made my main room bigger because I'm sleeping next to some random guy I have never speak to.

Is just so damn constricting.

I still dream about having my own backyard and be able to put a hammock and sleep there on weekends, like Homer Simpson.

>> No.883770

>>883748
apply for a student visa, you speak english and can type, make a great sob story to get a massive scholarship for an American university. You wouldn't believe some of the scholarships you'll get from writing "mee poor, want learn."

Almost as if the streets are paved with gold here.