[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 40 KB, 900x900, angry_pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
877464 No.877464 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw i know I'm smarter than most people and i see people smugly going in to their wageslave lives and even though i've finished my stem degree i feel not much smarter despite having access to wageslave careers like engineer / finance
>tfw all i want is to be in a high growth tech startup that i found and be a billionaire because of it (i'll even settle for hundreds of millions tbh, i'm not fussy)
>tfw have resources at my disposal (free time, two younger brothers doing stem, one of them doing electrical engineering, programming books, knowledge gleaned from /g/ as to where to go / start (I'm not a 100 % idiot "how does I code app" guy, more like a guy who knows what I don't know)
>tfw I don't know whether or not software has become a meme field with much less potential (i.e. you need a phd in quantum level shit to do anything useful these days)

God, I just hate people tbh. I went at an open day at this "prestigious" company in london and everyone is just so smug. People who go in to engineering are so smug. People who do law degrees are so smug. They only do that shit because they get to wear a suit and le movies told them it was prestigious.

And when I apply for part time jobs to pass the time after graduating, I see that a lot of them are in the upmarket shopping centre in my city (all shopping malls seem to move upmarket in my city) and I know that if I went to them for a part time job interview they'd look at me in that supercilious "omg he's not even a 7+/10 male, how dare he come in to this store". And this is from people who almost failed school ffs.

When I get my first job I'm not sure if I can handle being around people.

I don't know why hackernews is filled with so much smug bitterness. /g/ is pleasant and friendly consumerwhoredom. Hackernews is filled with wageslave software engineers.

>> No.877479

sperg of the week award goes to you
Good job

>> No.877480
File: 487 KB, 850x480, 1440971608261.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

go on

>> No.877481

The difference between /r9k/ and other boards is that we don't care

>> No.877482

>>877464
>you need a phd in quantum level shit to do anything useful these days

Programming increasingly becomes easier and easier as people make new libraries and classes that everyone can easily use with simple method calls. You don't have to create your own datatypes like stacks and queues cause there are already predefined classes for them, etc.

Do your research before you talk bullshit.

>> No.878227
File: 175 KB, 800x850, 1425444703308.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>877464
thats why only people with ideas become something, and sperglords like you are wageslaves for them.

>> No.878243

You need be a businessman to start a company. Being a smart person with an idea won't get you funding. If you know how to write a business plan and present financial data to investors than you'll do well in your own business. You can hire an engineer or scientist to create your idea. This is how Steve Jobs created Apple and Gates started Microsoft. They didn't design shit but sell the idea to others. This guy is right>>878227

>> No.878341
File: 2.88 MB, 230x209, 1403136140465.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>877464

>baiting this hard

>> No.878640

>>877464
>Hackernews is filled with wageslave software engineers.
Yup. Hackernews went downhill about a year ago. Threads about entrepreneurship become a shitting ground for bitter wage slaves telling each other how lack of "privilege" ruined entrepreneurship for them. Heck, I'm a wage slave myself, and those people look beyond any help in my eyes. The actual entrepreneurs rarely participate on YC forum anymore.

>> No.878697
File: 34 KB, 600x800, CMQbNiYVEAEmuJ1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This post accurately sums up most of /biz/.

Overzealous beginners and amateurs that are eager to give advice and feel high and mighty.