[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 84 KB, 941x509, Ripple.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8757185 No.8757185 [Reply] [Original]

Why does /biz/ hate XRP? It's gonna be the future of crypto. It's gonna be used in every bank soon but you guys still hate on it, why?

PS. No need to hate me cause I just wanna know what's wrong about it.
And I suggest you guys to buy some, even 10 XRP are ok. Trust me, in 4 years you will love it.

>> No.8757285

transactions are easily tracked

>> No.8757295

>>8757185
its centralised
ripple controls and has to vet all of the validating nodes.

>> No.8757303

>>8757285

Do /biz/ really care about transactions? I thought people we all here for money and the only crypto that is not only " internet money " right now and has a prosperous future is this one, this is like buying gold before the "moon" of it

>> No.8757304

Ripple doesn't use XRP for transaction.

XRP selling is made to finance their project and bank blockchains with cryptoinvestors money.

So it's a scam.

>> No.8757317

because it's not decentralized you fucking ape

it's one of the most useless crypto currencies and you'll be seeing it replaced by ADA or EOS very soon

>> No.8757319
File: 5 KB, 275x183, 2352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

XRP master race
Pretty much the only crypto that:
> can scale to the level of global, mass adoption
> has an actual real-world nuanced use-case

Also
> 1500tps
> subcent transation fees
> 4 second cross-border international settlement
> One of the board of directors was the National Economic advisor for the Clinton and Obama administrations
> but muh bankster coin

mfw bitcoin maximalist edgelords on /biz shit on XRP

>> No.8757342

>>8757317
>>8757304

You guys are so damn stupid for real. Stay poor for the rest of your life.

>> No.8757369

>>8757342
I did buy XRP though, and I believe in ripples but XRP is a pump and dump scheme built to take your money and finance bank blockchain.

If I could I would invest directly in Ripples but their stock is not avalaible in exchange market and to own a share you need to have a capital of 150k minimum.

>> No.8757379

>>8757369
> has the National Economic advisor for the Clinton and Obama administrations on its Board of Directors
> is a pump and dump scheme
> kek

>> No.8757400

>>8757185
>It's gonna be the future of crypto.
lol you are an idiot and you are going to lose every penny you have in this garbage

>> No.8757408

>>8757379
You do not realize that XRP is not directly linked to ripples, it might as well never be used.

Imagine if they fork their blockchain and introduce a new crypto for xRapid, one that cannot be owned by any other person than Ripples administratives.

What will you do?

XRP is currently used to pay for their shit and this is why they releve a billion XRP every month so that the price doesn't reach mooning expectations.

>> No.8757410

>>8757295
What if their decentralization plans take place this year?

>> No.8757425
File: 390 KB, 601x584, 1522337756931.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Centralized
>Ripple Inc. owns vast amount of this dogshit
>Overvalued

Each XRP should only be worth like $0.15

>> No.8757428

>>8757408
> might never be used

If this is really. If this is really youre argument against XRP as it seems to be a lot of people's, you need to show me a coin in any of this that will be certainly be used.

Show me a coin closer to achieving real use case than XRP.

>> No.8757447
File: 78 KB, 1000x1000, B093109F-FABC-4565-ABBC-CF8842036A98.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

People who are bullish mid to long term please explain how this can go to 10 dollars or more.

I got into crypto with it as my main target but I’m starting to think the supply is too large to allow for price growth.

>> No.8757460

>>8757428
Then you agree that the worth measuring of this coin is no different than the others.
The price is being manipulated by Ripples itself so that it doesn't go too low but also not too high.

It is a pump and dump whether you like it or not
You can make money out of it, but buying XRP doesn't mean you are buying into Ripples.

>> No.8757461

This thread shows that no one here actually understands XRP. No point in explaining to those functionally retarded.

>> No.8757467

People hate it because a single company created all the tokens in a single event and kept 80% of tokens for themselves. Why that doesn’t sound alarm bells to some people is beyond me

>> No.8757468

>>8757447

When it was 20c people in /biz/ were saying all the fucking time that it will never moon and it reached 2+$. Same shit happened for ETH and so many coins.

>> No.8757481

XRP is basically a properly implemented lightning network.

>> No.8757482

>>8757428
Monero?

>> No.8757505
File: 35 KB, 554x439, srg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8757185
Several reasons:
- wanted to bribe Gemini & Coinbase to list them
- CEO made statements over the value
- centralized
- likely a security (which makes the statement over the value a bit hairy)
- big stash in hands of McCaleb and the agreement that he can cash out a restricted amount per day based on volume is about to run out

The idea is fine and xcurrent is interesting for banks to look into. But XRP recently started to become too fishy for potential liquidity providers. And as xcurrent works with other cryptos and fiat too, the only reason why XRP holds value is, that the VCs of ripple have an interest to get it adapted. Which will not happen, because of reasons stated above.

>> No.8757523

>>8757467

Why would it if it gets the job done that it was created to do and goes up in value?

>> No.8757528

>>8757428
Steem and SBD have a use case right now powering a fully functional decentralized censorship resistant social media platform.

Frankly steem /sbd should probably be in the top ten as its easily the most actually used coin in existence right now. Censorship resistant social media is pretty fucking important these days. It also supports video streaming and videos on top of blogging.

>> No.8757530

>>8757303
We're not all kikes and niggers

>> No.8757546

>>8757505
These are not reasons it will not get adopted. They are irrelevant and they first one is a mischaracterizarion meant to attack them for normal business practice in this market. "Bribe"

>> No.8757548

>>8757523
>Why would it if it gets the job done
Because it gets the job done as much as any other crypto or fiat.

If they would work on xcurrent and not do anything with XRP, the situation would be exactly the same as it is now, minus a centralized token, of which 80% are in the hands of the executives of the company itself.

>>8757528
>Steem and SBD have a use case right now powering a fully functional decentralized censorship resistant social media platform.
If "buy minnowbooster" is a business model, then my name is Pajeet and I would like to sell you some of my Token pre-sale.

>> No.8757556

>>8757548
> gets the job done the same as any other crypto or FIAT.

I know why this is wrong buy please explain to me why you think is right.

>> No.8757559

Ripple is propbally a good legacy system eg good for current banks...
However it is completely controlable as the decide who get on the UNL. So its completely subject to any court order or legislation......this is exactly the opposite to a crypto. The LN may extinct ripple

>> No.8757562
File: 78 KB, 800x800, -_-.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8757546
>normal business practice in this market
Well, if they end up being considered as security (possible atm), this indeed matters, as the only appropriate money that is needed to be paid in such a case is called "listing fee", which in turn comes with regulations, meaning you are not allowed to do it in the shadows.

>> No.8757570

>>8757556
>I know why this is wrong buy please explain to me why you think is right.
Xcurrent can deal with other cryptos and fiat, as far as I know. Feel free to correct me on this, if I am wrong.

>> No.8757614

>>8757548
>If "buy minnowbooster" is a business model, then my name is Pajeet and I would like to sell you some of my Token pre-sale.

> it only takes one aspect of a social media page, one bad actor, one bad feature to erase the purpose that the entire platform.

Nice desperate argument you have there. Well since 4chan is moderated I guess we cant use this one either. Since its not 100% perfect and all.

Oh wait, you seem to be using 4chan. Hows that working out for you?

>> No.8757642

>>8757562
I can't this is isn't possible because we have no idea what regulators will do, but it is very likely if they make determinations about security status it won't be retroactive and will give exchanges/ coins ran by organizations a grave period to be in compliance and just enforce going forward.

In my opinion XRP being determined to be a security is the best thing that could happen to it because it means it could potentially be listed on NASDAQ.

>>8757570
Yes other coins and fiat can be used but the point is xrapid makes it faster and cheaper. Im not going into why xrp is superior to fiat on the system but it is better than other crypto because it is faster than all of them.
It also has institutional synergy and there is no reason all else being equal they would not use XRP.

The main issue that makes it not equal is the liquidity problem. BTC if it solves the problem of transaction time could become de facto standard on the network because it is so dominate and may end up the only coin anyone ever wants to use. This is a risk and gamble on the future of the industry. If XRP can get sufficient liquidity, and I think it will, it will succeed.

>> No.8757646

>>8757614
>Nice desperate argument you have there.
Try getting readers without paying Pajeet to promote your posts.

>> No.8757686

>>8757646
I already do pretty well. Not amazing but fairly well compared to any other platform I have used. Increasing number of people I personally know keeping coming on.

Dude use this stupid fucking arguing with Twitter or fucking facebook or Youtube. I cant think of ONE FUCKING PLATFORM WHERE GETTING A SIZABLE AUDIENCE IS EASY.

You fucking retard. I guess the second you made your twitch account you instantly got sponsered and started raking in those 100 dollar donations right?

HAHAHA
You argument sucks so much it actually makes me angry. Like what the fuck are you talking about. NOT ONE PLATFORM makes it easy to "get readers"

You MUST be a pajeet. YOU HAVE TO BE. You probably one of those fucks that posts random garbage and gets mad people don't come to you and lick your asshole.

KYS

>> No.8757760

>>8757642
>In my opinion XRP being determined to be a security is the best thing that could happen to it because it means it could potentially be listed on NASDAQ.

Which would be good, but would also open up many problems and hurdles, which they would need to overcome before. Among them a very(!) througly disclosure, regular audits, solving conflicts of interest, the CRP of McCaleb, looking into past cases of P&D (see Dec/Jan)... they will not create a seperate niche for XRP, if they are deemed a security. We talk about regulatory standards that I can see them meeting them in the future, but not today.

And even then, it is not a given that it would have a positive sign on the price. Because with the listing, we most likely also will see Futures, CFDs etc. popping up, which add bearish impact on the value. Which in turn deters possible liquidity providers to provide actual liquidity for international transactions. XRP has the same problem as BTC: stability comes with usage, but usage can only come from stability. If they would not had made XRP tradeable to the public, this would be more easy, but now it is a more deterring factor.

I agree with you that XRP is better fit to run on xcurrent. It is a home match after all. And the VC have an interest to push XRP into adaption, too. I do see the instruments for them to achieve their goal - but with the payment offerings and statement of Garlinghouse on the value of XRP, I lack to see the competences needed from the Execs to use them in an appropriate manner.

>>8757686
Delusional. Go back to /pol.

>> No.8757769

>XRP
>on NASDAQ

Wtf is wrong with you people is this seriously what you believe will happen?

>> No.8757795
File: 188 KB, 500x375, thinkaboutit.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8757769
If these people have no experiences in these fields, they ofc fail to see possible drawbacks and consequences.

>> No.8757924

>>8757795
Explain

>> No.8757974

>>8757185

Read this https://blog.bitmex.com/the-ripple-story/

> In 2015, Ripple took advantage of the Ripple freeze feature instituted in August 2014. The Bitstamp gateway froze funds belonging to a family member of Jed McCaleb. Some consider this ironic: Ripple originally stated that the freeze feature was implemented to enable gateways to comply with orders from law enforcement yet the first actual usage of the feature appears to have been an order to comply with an instruction from the Ripple company itself, against one of the founders.

> In January 2018, the BitMEX Research team installed and ran a copy of Rippled for the purpose of this report. The node operated by downloading a list of five public keys from the server v1.ripple.com, as the screenshot below shows. All five keys are assigned to Ripple.com. The software indicates that four of the five keys are required to support a proposal in order for it to be accepted. Since the keys were all downloaded from the Ripple.com server, Ripple is essentially in complete control of moving the ledger forward, so one could say that the system is centralised.

> Apparently, Ripple is missing 32,570 blocks from the start of the ledger and nodes are not able to obtain this data. This means that one may be unable to audit the whole chain and the full path of Ripple’s original 100 billion XRP since launch. This could be of concern to some, especially given Powell’s comments, which indicate that there may have been resets of the ledger in the early period.

>> No.8757989

>>8757760
>Delusional. Go back to /pol.

How is this delusional? You are the one who is either acting stupid or has no idea how every single fucking social media page works.

> Facebook
Try getting readers without Boosting your posts promote your content. (The platform is literally designed to throttle your shit unless you capitulate and boost)

Chance of gaining a large following without boosting. FUCKING ZERO!!!

> Reddit
Try posting your self promotion posts on a major subbreddit without "going through the proper channels" often bribing mods.
Also paying for upvotes is pretty common on Reddit as well.

Chance of large following without boosting. FUCKING ZERO!!!

> Minds
Try getting readers without Boosting your posts promote your content.

Chance of large following without boosting. Its possible.

> Twitter
Try getting followers without going through the proper channels and buying followers.

> Gab
Same as twitter

> Youtube
Your shits probably demonetized anyway but in the off chance you post shit that doesn't get demonetized then its probably not the worst idea to buy views to promote your content.

Chance of gaining a large following without boosting. Fucking low.

> Twitch
Find twitch employee and place penis of employee directly in front of face. Open mouth wide and do suck as hard as you fucking can. After doing this for about 4-8 months maybe you might have a chance in hell to get sponsored. You will never make money on Twitch unless you put you soul into that shit.

Chance of large following without boosting. FUCKING ZERO!!!

> Steemit
Use coins provided by the page itself to promote your content posts. Its like Minds in that respect but you shit is never throttled and the chance to make money is far fucking higher.

Chance of gaining a large following without boosting. Its possible.

But you know, I'M delusional though guys.

>> No.8757992

>>8757460
>The price is being manipulated by Ripples itself
>Ripples

>> No.8758010

>>8757924
One example: when futures came in December, many people who were bullish for BTC cheered for the furures. "Iinstitutional money will flow in, we will go to the MOON!" was the general mood.

These people held BTC and/or alts, completely neglecting the fact that the Futures posed maybe the first significant legit downward pressure on the price of BTC via shorting and leveraging risks for the miners, all while the price was extremely high. Everyone with fundamental knowledge in finance saw this as a bearish sign, while those without this knowledge got drunk in anticipation for the futures without understanding how they can be used to produce pressure on the market in a way they do not like: downwards.

>> No.8758080

>>8758010
>>8757924

Long story short: those with no knowledge in the field thend to see e.g. a listing of XRP on NASDAQ as a bullish sign, neglecting the consequences, additional requirements etc. to judge about the possibility of such an event.

Another example is Tenx. They announced to have an european banking licence in June. The rookies cheer.
But anyone familiar with the requirements will at least question this time frame. And anyone familiar with the past of the CEO makes quite a sure bet that this will never happen, as he wont get past the gov. screening for his past involvement in Ponzis and behavior in the videos he sells the brainlets.

>> No.8758225

>>8757369
Source? Where did you hear about the 150k?

>> No.8758709

>>8758080
I wouldn't see it as purely bullish immediately but it would be an important, monumental step for market as a whole and would eventually contribute to XRP bullishness.

My horizon is over 5 years with all of this.

>> No.8758758

>>8757185

XRP will NEVER be used in banks! get it!

the ripple tech will maybe be used, but no need for the XRP token!

stop act like stupid kids, so your research!

>> No.8759134

>>8758758
no. we don;t get it.

XRP is being used by financial transfer services now and is the only crypto going to be listed on SBI's virtual currency exchange in Japan which is a huge banking conglomerate.

>> No.8759185

>>8758758
https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-powered-mobile-app-provide-demand-domestic-payments-japan/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/89dr2u/sbi_ceo_we_are_also_considering_using_xrp_for/

Once fintech regulations are in place I have no doubt banks will eventually use XRP.

I'm 25% XRP, if the most legitimate project in crypto fails, 99% of the other shitcoins shilled on biz has no chance.

>> No.8759219

>>8757304
>>8757317
>>8757369
>>8757408
>>8757428
>>8757614
>>8757686
>>8757989
>>8758758
>>8759134
>>8759185
/reddit/ spacing
don't belive their lies

>> No.8759242

>>8757989
;_;
it is literally impossible on twitch to get 100+ viewers with out boosting. There seems to be a hard cap of viewers on twitch around 100-200. Going above that takes some sort of savant networking or boosting. Even 20+ viewers is hard with out buying viewers.

>> No.8759607

>>8757379
>has the National Economic advisor for the Clinton and Obama administrations on its Board of Directors
Oh now I'm sure that ripple has my best interests at heart. I'm all in. They would never screw us over.