[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 42 KB, 271x200, 200_s.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
872782 No.872782 [Reply] [Original]

I'm an Accounts Manager for a University. I handle student accounts, financial aid filing, etc. Ask me anything.

>majority of students complain about the cost of education and student loans, but only 13% of our students apply for scholarships
>there's scholarships for literally everything, even for perfect attendance
>people take out more money in loans than their education is even worth and spend it on new clothes, laptops, new cars, etc. I've seen it all
>then they graduate and blame the government and the "high cost of education" for their debt

Roll quads and I'll tell you the University I work for. It's actually one of the top 5 public Universities in the US.

>> No.872785

>Roll quads and I'll tell you the University I work for.

Wow, how daring, what with it totally being verifiable.

>> No.872787

>>872782
So true. Im a recoverd alcoholic and they had a 5k sholarship for like a 2 page opinion piece about the war on drugs open to ex users.

So the school syspended me (community college) many years ago for being super crazy obvious hungover at school (underage) , easy to prove.

It took me 30 minutes to shit out a 2 pager and only 2 other people applied. 30 minutes for 5k /biz/ , honestly , soend like a good week just filling out scholarship crap , lots of the requirements are easy and everyones lazy so tons are easy picking

>> No.872788

>>872782
I'm guessing its a Texas based Uni

Yo, how can I get more monies for fafsa? What info can I uh.. ... bend?

>> No.872825

I just graduated with a BS in Biology, I'm thinking about going back to for an Accounting degree and getting a CPA license. What's an entry level job for someone with no experience in accounting?

>> No.872829

>>872782
Yeah, asshole. The problem isn't tuition hikes, overspending on shiny facilities, and a ridiculous uptick in administrative costs, it's kids spending loan money on cars.

>> No.872838

where would you recommend finding scholarships to apply for?

>> No.873295

>my school has almost no resources for scholarships

Go Mustangs, yay cal poly.

How do I get more money OP? I'm gonna be starting my senior year, btw, so I only got one year left.

>> No.873304

>>872782
how much does affirmative action decide who gets in
my guess......... UC Berkeley

>> No.873312

>>872782
To be fair, I've watched tuition beat inflation for 20 years. It's not wrong for parents and students to bitch about the high tuition, especially when you see some state schools getting close to their private counterparts. Paying into ESA and prepaid tuition feels like the only real option if you want your kids to not be bankrupt and living at home till you retire.

>> No.873316

>>872782
how can i go back to school for no money down?

>> No.873335

>>873316
Join the military.