[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 256x197, 1520343689697.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8493963 No.8493963 [Reply] [Original]

Ok so im done trading shitcoins and just want to trade btc (mostly to short it after breaking important support lines), i want to send my btc and keep it on bitmex - is bitmex safe? Has it ever been hacked?

>> No.8494001

Can you just send me your btc instead? You're just going to lose it margin trading anyway.

>> No.8494011

>>8493963
safe as most other exchanges, i wouldnt go over 10x btw unless you want to lose it all.

>> No.8494040

>>8493963
Not hacked (yet), but I heard a story of one BitMexican having his BTC withdrawal limit significantly reduced for pretty much no reason. I don't really know the specifics. I would look into who runs BitMex, and where it is located if you haven't already, it doesn't exactly inspire absolite confidence. Also, you will get short squeezed by whales there, that's what is behinds the recent wild swings in BTC price, so congratulations on becoming part of the problem if you decide to go this route.

>> No.8494137

1) you’re gonna lose everything.

2) bitmex is ruining crypto by giving whales extra incentive to fuck the market for unlimited funds. Not giving them your money (see 1) would be nice.

>> No.8494310

>>8493963
you will lose your first 2-3 deposits and give up in the end.

if you really have nothing to do with your time and want to learn something play with coffe/lunch money.understand how everything works use testnet (very slow i know but you gotta learn the very basics)dont fall for the quick rich mentality and avoid leverage like a plague.your objective is 100-200 trades in green.there is always that ONE trade that will fuck you in the ass keep your eyes open