[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 109 KB, 1300x957, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
847149 No.847149 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: Post good tips regarding personal finances

I'll go first

>Don’t buy a larger size or quantity than you need or that will actually make you happy. Before making a purchase (with money, time, energy etc.) always ask yourself: Will this make me happier? Try to escape the hedonic treadmill

>Bigger is sometimes better, but appropriate size is what you should be aiming for

>Don’t pay for features that you don’t need or use

>Don’t spend money to show off

>More expensive things are generally better, but only up to a point. For virtually every product and service you can overpay.

>Do use your wealth to reduce the amount of time you spend pursuing money and increase the amount of time you spend on other worthwhile and fulfilling activities

>Do spend money to reduce the risk you and your family faces

btw I didn't come up with these myself but I've found them extremely useful in my own journey towards achieving financial freedom and happiness (as a matter of fact I found these tips right here on /biz/)

Ok go

>> No.847252

bump

>> No.847282

>>847149

There's a frugal thread a couple of pages away......

>> No.847291

>>847149
Make more money than God.

>> No.847931

Not personal finance but
>Trim your contacts every 6 months, remove degenerate people or people who don't help you with anything even if they're your friends for years