[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 6 KB, 200x200, xmr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8441421 No.8441421 [Reply] [Original]

>MoneroV is currently closed source

This should be all you need.
It's an attack on the Monero network.

>> No.8441468

if monerov has any value what is the best way to claim it without compromising network's privacy ? is creating a new wallet and sending your balance there before claiming good enough ? i have read about using same ring size in both blockchains in case of claiming monerov but cant remember why exactly

>> No.8441561

>>8441468
https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/7826/how-can-individuals-safeguard-themselves-and-the-community-against-a-key-reusing/7844#7844

Shit is FUCKED.
You can guard against it but proprietary software is strictly off limits unless you have a death wish.

If satoshi dropped a single windows binary for the network and then proceeded to fuck off we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are today.

There is no reason to hide the source code other than to invent a clever mechanism to circumvent security and not give people enough time to understand the function of the compromised network.

>> No.8441666

>>8441561
cause am a bit of a noob on this , the way that i described would not work ?

>> No.8441692

>>8441666
It would technically work but you'll have the issue that you're using a proprietary coin.

It's entirely useless until we get the source code.

>> No.8441729

>>8441692
the only thing am gonna do with monerov is just dump if it have any value , it clearly is a scam but in the space we are it could have 0.50-5$ price , so a somewhat good profit will be made (if thats the case and enough people fall for this scam), i hope it just dies out and doesnt just make monero look bad